It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Mugabe's militia burn opponent's wife alive

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
The black Africans need to help themselves because nobody cares about them.

They have been trying that for hundreds of years against the colonial powers and for thousands of years, like everybody else on the planet, against petty tyrants in their local regions. Africans, like oppressed people elsewhere, will easily be able to help themselves if their various dictators were not so amply supported by various imperial powers or tyrants in their region.

Instead of them listening to their governments brainwash them and tell them white colonialism is the reason for all their ills (like Mugabe does), they need to stand up to them and stop being stupid and paralyzed in a medieval way of acting and thinking.

It happened to be white colonialism at this stage but that should not blind you or anyone else to the fact that it's imperialism and not race that matters. Imperialism IS the problem ( you first remove the knife before you start worrying about the infection) and until we can ensure that people can TRULY vote for who they want it hardly helps to blame the people for not wanting to risk their lives against a power that is so clearly supported by foreign interest.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
everytime you eliminate 1 another pops up, so much for colonialism ...

sorry for all the posts i just tried to include relevant info for each person

Can you please clarify what your intent was with all that 'history' you just cited? Are you trying to show that Africans never get to choose their leaders or that imperial powers never seem to intervene as long as some western friendly dictator is in power?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Please answer the question, How would a nuke or a 'mini' nuke be considered a precision weapon?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Rule of law anyone?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Wasn't it this same Mugabe who was putting tires around people & setting them on fire a few years ago?

No it was not Mugabe's people who were doing this, it was Nelson Mandelas South African blacks who were placing burning tyres around peoples necks, commonly refered to as "necklacing". The independant countries of Zimbabwe and South Africa are as different as France and Spain. A common border divies them and their politcs, a border that has passport and custom controls . Yes South Africa as an independant country and Zimbabwe along with a few other African Countries share the Southern half of Africa, but are not the same country. Do not foist the political troubles of one country onto those of another, it isnt right and confuses the issue, get to know the individual issues in a counrty before making stupid comments about unrelated affairs.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
The US should drop a nuclear weapon on the entire country, then say it was because of this type of tyranny, and say "Anyone else want to act like a fool?"

It's time to treat this kind of community injustice with community reprisal.

I say turn the country into glass and start fresh. Let the brutality in the world see what happens in this situation, then pick off Somalia, Iraq, etc.

We have Nuclear weapons for a reason, and it's HIGH time we used them to prove a point.

I think the moment the U.S. proves it has an itchy trigger finger with nukes and isn't afraid to use them as a means of punishment is when Russia, China, France, Germany, India, Iran, Pakistan and probably the rest of the nuclear world band together to put us out to pasture. To say it would be a bad move is an understatement.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You’re talking poo if you think the Bank of England as any say in African affairs, those days are long gone. The idea of British colonialism is anathema to the FCO, they are muted by it.

His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular.

Says the British got told to piss off a long time ago. Even old Cecil was dead by then.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
does anyone have another news source for this?

how come i cannot find this news anywhere else

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
Africans, like oppressed people elsewhere, will easily be able to help themselves if their various dictators were not so amply supported by various imperial powers or tyrants in their region.

Africans are different. They are still in tribal mentalities which make them so easy to manipulate and play off on one another. Look at Kenya, for example, their elections had some problems and they started killing one another. I guess that was because of the colonial powers that be too?

It happened to be white colonialism at this stage but that should not blind you or anyone else to the fact that it's imperialism and not race that matters.

I do not deny that other countries like to get resources from Africa with ease and cheapness. Of course the problems help them achieve this (such as Sierre Leone and diamonds). But ask yourself, why is it so easy for other countries, for hundreds of years (even thousands if you count the Arabs) to take advantage of a people that have NOT CHANGED since then? There is something inherently wrong with Africa and Africans in general. And I don't care if I am called names for stating it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

There is something inherently wrong with Africa and Africans in general. And I don't care if I am called names for stating it.

And what specifically is this inherent flaw you speak of? I'm wiling to bet the average citizen in Africa cares only about the survival of his or her family, and cares very little for the constant tribal bickering's of their political spectrum.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

There are mini nukes, or nuclear armament that can be capped onto a precision munition.

I take that back though. I don't like the idea of nuking. But the resolution for the African municipal appears to be one of only war.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I am sure you are correct, it just seems to be the opposite of the definition o what a nuke mini or otherwise was built to do. Please post a link to something that describes this new approach.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Africans are different. They are still in tribal mentalities which make them so easy to manipulate and play off on one another.

Says someone who is probably part of the 'race' that involved itself in death camps and imperial genocide in general. Maybe if Europeans were a bit more tribal we wouldn't have had global wars?

Look at Kenya, for example, their elections had some problems and they started killing one another. I guess that was because of the colonial powers that be too?

I don't think it was and it think that does more to prove that some Kenyans take perceived cheating more seriously than it is taken in other countries. Then again it more likely proves that some elements in that country will use that as excuse to persecute people they wanted to. Maybe if Kenya had special forces and a massive military, they could fill with people they would rather not have on their streets, to use in aggressive ways against other nations they wouldn't have them on their streets? Why did most modern nations have a history of civil wars and why should we judge Kenya for going through the same processes as the so called 'civilized' ones?

I do not deny that other countries like to get resources from Africa with ease and cheapness. Of course the problems help them achieve this (such as Sierre Leone and diamonds).

What other countries do this on a grander scale than the US and Europe?

But ask yourself, why is it so easy for other countries, for hundreds of years (even thousands if you count the Arabs) to take advantage of a people that have NOT CHANGED since then?

Africa and every place HAS changed but since they are always kept in a condition where they are artificially behind, because the invaders are quite a bit better armed and organized towards killing, there isn't much of a chance to turn the tables. In the few places where natives had access to similar weaponry they have for the most part prevented themselves from being completed conquered and assimilated but these occasions are rare.

There is something inherently wrong with Africa and Africans in general. And I don't care if I am called names for stating it.

So i won't bother calling you anything beside arrogant and very completely misinformed.

Stellar

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
My point is this. I for one cannot stand cruelty of this nature.

So who does?

Some people are attracted to violence because they enjoy it, others are attracted to it because they despise violence.

The vast majority likes to avoid it because it inherently involves the types of risks average people just do not like taking.

I am the type of person who never fights fair, because I can't stand fighting. I'm the type of person to go completely nuts on someone who is being cruel. I can't think of any other way to stop the insane violence of today other than showing true violence on a global scale in a very very short amount of time, and simply placing serious fear in the hearts of the leaders of the world.

Well if your American you can then start with your leaders who are by far the largest sponsors of terror on face of this planet. The problem is that we get so carried away with the actual criminals that we forget that similar things happens to all people's who are forced to compete for resources.

I for one believe that we need to drop an atomic bomb at least once every 7 generations, or something akin to it so that the leaders of the world don't forget the truly terrible and awesome power that can be unleashed.

So do you know how we would get enough of them together to accomplish such a thing? WOuldn't it be easier and more logical to work from the top down?

Every once in a while, people forget what true terror really is, and because of this, *they* think that they are a terror, when in reality there is a mighty terror just waiting to decimate an entire genotype.

Walk softly, but carry a *mega* stick.

So what do you know about terror and why on Earth do you think nuclear weapons are the ultimate terror?

Stellar

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX

Africans are different.

In the few places where natives had access to similar weaponry they have for the most part prevented themselves from being completed conquered and assimilated but these occasions are rare.

Stellar
Can you show which "few places your talking about Stellar

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Woot Woot, Way to speak your mind stellar.

Very good points. The more I look at the news and check out ATS for more info the more of a combining effect I see. Its like the world is finally being caught and the links are slowly staring to link together. I belieive that Africa does need help its absolute craze and greed in some of the countrys. Its very sad. However what can be done with ignorance. There needs to be a well thought out plan and with all the fussing the rest of you are showing I doubt yall will come up with it. Its time the world starts working together instead of against each other. Im tired of the BS anyways. My Subconscious is a Soldier, My Conscious is a Fighter, and right now both of them are getting pretty Angry... In the words of the hulk... you wouldn't like me if I was angry
lol. Sorry... bad joke. But seriously. Africa needs help. If the Governments wont do it. Then we the people are still the people and are the only ones that can.

WORK TOGETHER, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm

I am sure you are correct, it just seems to be the opposite of the definition o what a nuke mini or otherwise was built to do. Please post a link to something that describes this new approach.

Still waiting for your footnotes on mini-nukes as precision weapons. Nothing?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wytworm

Still waiting for your footnotes on mini-nukes as precision weapons. Nothing?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

Yet another example of why the UN is not about world peace, but world power for the few who wield it. Their day is coming soon however. There will be justice and it will not be pretty.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join