It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran gets attack, What happens here in the US?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If Iran is attacked militarily, the U.S. will get pulled into the aftermath as WW3 breaks out across several fronts. It'll be the West, mainly the U.S. & whatever's left of Israel, versus everyone else. Not pretty.

Bombings in the U.S.? Likely. Both by domestic terrorism, and every NGO out to get America.

Nukes? If there's a nuclear first-strike by anybody, absolutely. There's kind of a worldwide "mutually assured destruction" today: if one person pulls the nuke trigger, everyone gets hit.

A draft? Depends. It'd take a "spectacular" that'd unite America the way Pearl Harbor did. At best, a military never functions well with conscripts. At worst, expect people to refuse to serve, and draft riots that'd make the Vietnam era look tame.

Thoughts? If Iran's nuke program HAS to stop, neutralize it by unconventional warfare. Anything else would turn into an American Operation Barbarossa...

[edit on 15-6-2008 by gb540]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gb540

They been bargaining with Iran for longer then they should have now.Even with threat of military action don't seem to phase Iran.So they just continue with this nuclear program and use up their rods and make some nukes,if in fact they haven't already?Nah not a good idea.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have a question.

Hypothetically speaking, if the United States were to suffer a nuclear attack. Would San Antonio, Texas be one of the first cities to be hit with an ICBM?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gb540

A draft? Depends. It'd take a "spectacular" that'd unite America the way Pearl Harbor did. At best, a military never functions well with conscripts. At worst, expect people to refuse to serve, and draft riots that'd make the Vietnam era look tame.

Great point!
Very good observation

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by mind is the universe

I would agree but....

nuclear power goes to a mature society Iran is not looking so good.

Is America mature enough too???

That question was never asked before, it should be a topic in every topic in todays world..

America makes me vomit.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Ireland should'nt be the one talking.Your country had their share of junk.Go figure.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Well any city with a high population over 500,000 most definitely.Texas has quite a few city that carries a large population and not to mention strategic locations such as military bases etc.So yeah check out my link,it shows target databases.
nrdc.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Despite warnings, Iran plans to continue uranium enrichment

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Iran said Tuesday that it would continue uranium enrichment despite warnings of new European sanctions if it rejects an international incentive package aimed at reining in its nuclear program.

EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana pressed Iran to respond to the package, which offers economic incentives if Iran agrees to halt enrichment, a process the U.S. and its allies fear Tehran will use to build a nuclear weapon. Tehran says its nuclear program is peaceful.

www.usatoday.com...

They aren't stopping this at all and have no care in the world.Since 2005 this been going on.Three years is a longtime from the first time,they thought they might have the nuclear technology to make a bomb.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

It's funny. People just cannot see logic. Instead of me trying to get it in to your head. I ask the questions...

Why is it that the middle east is building up their defences?

Or lets help the yanks a bit....
Is it, just maybe... just a tweeny weeny got to do with the inappropriate behaviour with America over the last 40 years. With Israel, Iraq, the gulf war, taliban(trained by usa) and pre opec years what about America running in their and just taking the oil with little regard to the people that live there.

What about the gulf war, what about the weapons that saddam was getting off America before the gulf war, America wanted oil (as we all know sigh) gulf war why did that really start, logic holds here too, sadam gave the yanks the two fingers. so america got a bit upset....

What about the 650.000 people dead now, its 2008 people

what about the treatment of palistine. with the people just cleaned out of thier homes.

What about the racisim that the middleast gets from america, I have withnessed this in my country, i hear a yank yelling oh there's a terrorist, just because hes muslim etc....

what about now blowing up Iran now.

You know what, america sort yourself out!!!!!! Iran would not be building this crap if you didn't make so many bloody enemies

THIS IS REALITY. THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE. PEOPLE THERE HAVE THE SAME DESIRES AND FEARS EVERY HUMAN BEING HAS. LETS ALL GROW UP

America do you know what it feels like for someone to invade your home. do you know what it really feels like when you have entire sub continent grieving over the last 40 years due to war.

But I'm just saying.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Our President represents our country.Its either the American citizens back him or they choose to voice a opinion which don't matter anyways.I'm not going to see a terroristic country have a nuclear device,thats just playing Russian roulette.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

AGAIN the brainwashed crap....

They "are" the terrorists????? Did Iran terrify america

OR in reality does America terify the world. Cus that's what we see. Thats what we feel. Europe and the entire world are pretty much dreading the decisions and reactions you seem to do day in day out.

its called immaturity of such a supposedly great nation.....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Every country of some intelligence knows that Iran is a terroristic country.At least some of those countries think that.

www.ch.doe.gov...

Not to mention the wack job as president of Iran.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a former commander of Iran's ideological army, Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), assumed office early August following a rigged election in June 2005. Ahmadinejad does not represent the people of Iran.

Backed by Iran's hard-line Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and the Revolutionary Guards, this obscure radical with a wicked past as a hostage-taker, a terrorist, an assassin, and an interrogator has been placed in the office of presidency.Ahmadinejad is a terrorist and a root cause of terrorism ”

So go figure he is a man of peace my #@$!

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar

Every country of some intelligence knows that Iran is a terroristic country.At least some of those countries think that.

www.ch.doe.gov...

Not to mention the wack job as president of Iran.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a former commander of Iran's ideological army, Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), assumed office early August following a rigged election in June 2005. Ahmadinejad does not represent the people of Iran.

Backed by Iran's hard-line Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and the Revolutionary Guards, this obscure radical with a wicked past as a hostage-taker, a terrorist, an assassin, and an interrogator has been placed in the office of presidency.Ahmadinejad is a terrorist and a root cause of terrorism ”

So go figure he is a man of peace my #@$!

man... you are a sheeperson
thats the cia's website. so obviously theyre going to back the current governments descisions. what better way to brainwash people than make BLIND statements about an "enemy" country of us and have idiots beleive every word of it just because its written there.

im a flying banana. is that true also? yeah ok... just keep swallowing what theyre shoving down your throat.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its just my observation....

But it does seem to me from reading the entire 7 pages. That it's majorly Americans here that are blowing this way out of proportion. They are somewhat paranoid or completely going off on one..... On a sidenote, I wouldnt be surprised since the leaders of America have terrified their own nation for the last 8 years on false enemies, which in turn could make america have quite a handful of enemies, with fear factor brought on. They are more concerned that another nation becoming powerful than actually stopping to think that thy are not the supreme nation, no nation is. They think that another progressing nation is will be a threat, regardless. China dont give damn about USA and visa versa. Iran doesnt want to attack America. I heard a yank saying the japaneses are "going mad too" this is just hilarious......
shakes head.

These countries have no interest in attacking America. its just plain silly at this stage.

You've been watching to much war and battle cartoons on Fox kids tv

If Americans would just start respecting boundaries and other countries. learn a thing or two from the world, Stop flying off the handle, stop taking stuff from our gardens, cough cough... maybe America won't need to attack other nations. As therefore, America wont be creating enemies. Maybe other nations will then feel no need to raise to their defences.

Since America is not the good guy, which we are aware of now. They are still hungry for more oil and more domination. The war goes and on... The killings go on and on.

The tactics and debates here on this thread anything but reality, respect, intellegence, order or striving to be a decent human being. its about how can you topple the guy who has more guns than you. Or who will kick Chinas ass in full deployment when uranus come to attack etc. Who has more chickens to use for egg throwing. Who has control over the gulf waters, the shark may take over the indian ocean too I forgot to mention that one.

its really embarresing to read this thread............. seriously.

WOULD YE ALL GROW UP. its like kids planning out WW3. For heavans sake. We are all human, and its possible to be human, and lets just bloody share the planet. AND STOP THIS FRICKEN FIGHTING......

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I agree with you on the stance with China.I dont see them as this big military or world threat.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No not quite an Obama supporter, not a fan boy. Just not shill for the other side either.

I defend truth and abhore jackals. You say "Cyberbian is an Obama supporter! like it was a crime. Grow up. When you need to shout for support from the crowd, you do not have a voice of your own. Or an opinion of your own. You are a weak and braying puppet.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

You are entitled to your uninformed opinion.

Every time someone talks about Red Mercury in their post, I know to laugh and ignore everything they say.
Iblis

I have not stated an opinion. I quoted the acknowledged father of the Neutron Bomb. When you have more credability than him I will have more concern for your derision.

Until then well, I will just point and say look at the clown, look at the clown.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Iran has already told us what its response to an attack would be. They have threatened to attack all U.S. and Israeli interests abroad. This is in combination with terrorist attacks on shopping malls, medical facilities, government buildings and infrastructure including but not limited to airlines, tunnels, bridges, roadside bombings on highways, etc. An attack by Israel will be percieved to be an attack by the U.S. whom the Iranians consider the real force behind any provocation. Russia as an ally of the Iranian regime will together with Iran attack Israel directly in response to any hostilities. This will set the middle east on "fire" and draw a response from most industrialized nations who rely on petroleum products and cannot afford the interuption that will occur. All major players including China and India will be drawn into the powder keg and world war three will have a real chance of becomming a reality. Before that happens someone with great wisdom will come to leadership thus allowing cooler heads to prevail and a treaty will be signed, temporarily releasing the valve on the pressure cooker.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You know the wisdom that we are seeking.

"Is to ask ourselves what are we doing"

Side note.
Do we need another WW. Or an if WW3.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

Dragonfly, I agree with your sadness over the missed opportunitys.
Adapting to change takes human generations.

The American rate of change increases exponentially, and it's generations now measure in quarterly cycles. Soon the rate of change will explode across all dimensions, and who can adapt to that?

As long as our leaders are old men, we will cling to obsolete paradigms, and be run into the ground by those who abandon convention.

We have rewritten the world to be a young mans game, and now must figure out how to unseat the old men who cling to their power.

Just for the record I am an old dude, but exceptionally adaptable.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join