It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran gets attack, What happens here in the US?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So nuclear weapons are offensive in the hands of the Iranians but it's just fine and dandy when Israel posses hundreds of unregulated nuclear weapons? Invade Israel first..............

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How did this go to page 6 with no post on here?Greedy people keep saying keep the oil.To bad we dont own it.So get on with it.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
DOnt you find it ironic now, alot of the super welthy have bomb shelters built? AKA The waltons of walmart, aka government, ect .

Didn't middleclass families also build a lot of bombshelters during the height of the cold war?

If I had the money I'd buy myself a piece of land somewhere very remote, build a bombshelter and make it selfsupporting. It wouldn't be smart to build one in a (dense) populated area because if there would be a war then those area's are most likely to be targetted.

IM starting to think, even the super wealthy know something is goin to happen, their ties with the illuminati and politicians... wonder if this IRan war ( i am NOT for) mgiht lead to these prophecies.

When you look at history, has there ever been a time where there were no nations at war with eachother? There's always some conflict going on in the world. Ofcourse back then it would take months or years for an army to arrive, nowadays with all the weaponry in the world it is only common sense to have some safe place if you can afford it. The last big war is only half a century ago, several decades before that there was the first world war, only half a century before that the US came out of the civil war with a conflict against Spain in between.

I could go on listing all the small conflicts and larger wars, Japan vs. China in the 1st and 2nd Sino-Japanese wars, the US in Vietnam, Dutch and allies' "police actions" in Indonesia, the British in the Falklands, lots of conflicts in Asia (Nepal & Sri Lanka, Burma, North Korea), conflicts over Kashmir.. humanity certainly doesn't seem to have lost it's appetite for death and destruction.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I feel that if we engage a third country it will change alot of lives in the U.S. Perhaps even lead to WW3. Iran is no match whatsoever for the U.S. but if attacks piss off any other nations to get involved... well, the U.S. is in trouble, military and economy wise. We just don't have the man power for a WW and we certainly don't have an unlimited supply of bombs. WW3 will be about terror and nothing more. Attacks on us, attacks on them, then attacks on other countries that support them, then WW3 explodes into action to fight off the "american terror"

It's all about misconceptions. It goes back to the beginning days. "Waaa you don't have the same beliefs as I do, you deserve to die" "Waaa how dare you tell me my beliefs are wrong, you deserve to die" waaa waaa waaa waaa. It's always the same BS. A bunch of grown babies whining that other people don't share their views and therefore are evil and must be dealt with. This is why I grow tired of the middle east and the other side of the world in general. Essentially religion is going to thrust us into another world war. It's only a matter of time, and an attack on Iran *right now* while we're still in Afgan and Iraq just might kick start it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I highly doubt there is a war with Iran. Like people been saying for years.

If there is war. Then the US has no choice but to nuke Iran clean. The country will be completely wipe out. Their remaining cells will try to attack the US from within.

The president will be impeach and trial for war crimes. The world would b1tch and moan, but can't do anything about it. Unless, they are willing to bring on the Apocolypse- no one is down enough. It will go down in history as the darkest days, but we would eventually move on.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What happens?Everyone with undeniable links terrorist's organizations and supporting their cause will have to be questioned and detained.This why i donate to no organization in the Mid-East.There is no proof that any money i give wont end up in enemy hands.All IPs are recorded and anyone threatening anyone over the net,can easily be tracked down.Threatening death over the net is the same as real life.Many who think they are getting away with it are only digging a deeper hole for themselves so dig away!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Iran is now calling for their own fate.They just rejected the world powers deal.They are leaving no choice.Appears the french now are backing Bush to stop Iran.Hopefully they will offer another deal.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

I think this is scary, when I read that. What do you think about it Alienstar?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Its obvious Bush dont want to attack Iran but then again he wont let the program continue either.Iran dont give two wooden nickels about sanctions.So what choice is left?This ordeal been going on seems like a long time now.Its either they accept a offer drawn up or live with the fact that airstrikes are going to come into play.Russias nuclear cooperation with Iran in their nuclear plant construction, makes them a roleplayer.Russian-Iranian connections especially in the area of nuclear and missile arms sales, continue to be a major irritant in united states-Russian relations.They hate the west more then China,so it seems with Putin spatten his mouth all the time blaming the west for the worlds evils.I see airstrikes happening but what comes of russias involvement to play protector remains to be seen.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If we or Israel attacks Iran in the next few months, it will be a very long winter here in the U.S. of A. I think it will be military precision; taking out Iran's nuclear plants and I really don't believe we'll experience a retaliatory attack, unless it's a false flag one. We will experience a hyper-inflation of goods like we have never seen before. The explanation will be something like having to isolate goods at ports or a purported epidemic. Use you imagination as to what we will be told, but oil up the old wheel barrow as we take our money to the grocery store and gas station for $5 loaves of bread and $6 per gallon gasoline.
Little did John Steinbeck know when he wrote "The Winter of Our Discontent" that he could possibly be detailing the Winter '08/'09. I am not fear mongering, in fact I would like to assure everyone that everything's going to be all right, but my gut and all that I research, tells me differently.
This administration will not go gently into the good night (end of their term) and Bush has such a bad reputation, better him than a new puppet...er...president, I mean.
When are the American people going to fully wake-up to the fact that we can't successfully defeat a word - Terrorism. It has become in the past few years the most hackneyed of words and down right idiotic. Where, pray tell, are we going to sign a peace agreement - on a tug boat in New York harbor maybe? And with whom?
I am heart-sick to see the terrorism we inflict on people around the world all in the name of liberation. How many innocent men, women and children have been slaughtered in Iraq. I understand that it's thousands. Maybe they just want to be left alone. It's the hornet's nest approach - agitate them and they'll get rightfully mad.
The best way to defeat hatred is with diplomacy, education, empowerment, defeating hunger and respect of other cultures and religions.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Barbs46]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Reading some of the responces on here from our American friends just makes ya laugh. We will kick their ass, we will bomb them from the air, we will not attack from the ground. So forth and so forth.

Lets look at your recent history of war:

Iraq, was to be a five monute job, a few years later, your still getting your arse kicked their. You went for the shock and awe, instead you have made yourselves millions more enemies. You have spent trillions, against what, thousands by Iraqis', and still you cannot defeat them now and never will!

Afganistan, another 5 minute job, but still you are there, fighting another war you cannot win.

Now, lets say you go to war with Iran, that is a different story. Difference between Iran and Iraq is massive. Millions of Irans people will go to war with you, Iran has money, bombs and a way to defend itself. Therefore, making any war with them a no no for you yanks. Why? Cause you cannot fight a war where there is a people willing to fight back. Why? Cause your Government and Military is full of cowards, attack from the air and hide on the ground. Shameful!

Also, god only knows how many people Iran have in your country ready to take whatever war you start right to you on your homeland. Then and only then, will you people see what you have put those people in Iraq and everywhere else you decide to go through.

I can state that having a war fought on your own back door is not a good thing, I grew up with it, and it still hurts to this day.

PS, Let the Anti-American comments fly, they fall of deaf ears.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by wow23

Nobody wants a war with Iran,but they cant get a the nuclear capibility.As for comments nah you just fooled yourself and did a good job.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
how about LET'S NOT attack Iran!

Most people answered the question to this thread (good thread btw)

So the general feeling is from what people here are saying, this is not good at all. So the question is why is America still going to war. Will it be good for us, will it actually solve problems??

Well lets use our brains, Iran is sitting on oil. Make any connection there?

It will be worse than Iraq. sure millions more will die. The country will be in ruins. America gets the oil and takes over the country. Lets called Iran base 2 and they already have made slush of Iraq already. So you could say, this is the second war on "the bad guys" UGH. Did Iran attack USA? lets get real here. Is Iran the bad guy here?

So basically after the "war" the reflection will be far from good. (apart from the war huggin oil loving republicans)
families and innocents will have to deal with the loss of thier loved ones, millions misplaced and killed.
Bitterness and resentment towards America will reach estatic heights.
Unstability and terrorism will rise and the world will become even more unsafe. America will have more enemies to begin with, when Iran target two is turned into slush and oilmines....
The world as a whole, will attract more war, more hatred and more invasions. GREAT............. never learn.. Even worse the American people still can't learn from Iraq, or are you learning?

But Hey don't listen to me when I will say, I told ya so..............

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

True True!

But the question remains
Why does an oil rich country need a reactor?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Maybe two reason...clean energy and rods.Two birds with one stone.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

And you think nuclear reactors are clean?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Because they probably feel threatned by your invasion so they build up their defences. You go in, kill everybody. And then what. wait the oil. yes... got it.

USA has a nuclear weapons too. again goes back to America.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

AS stated again,why would Bush or the next president choose a ground war for a invasion?Not going to happen,simple answer Iraq.They are just talking air strikes on the reactors.Who says we are doing a full scale invasion?Nobody.Nobody by a few thinks its about oil.Its the farthest thing from the truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I would agree but....

nuclear power goes to a mature society Iran is not looking so good.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Iran will not get nuclear weapons -
They will get bombed heavily on the sites though.
response will be nil as basically it is simply enforcing
the UN as with Iraq.
As far as any disrupters here in the U.S.- they will be imprisioned,deported,
or executed

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join