It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran gets attack, What happens here in the US?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think war is imminent just by looking at this article...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Iran is not alone... remember? Russia helps Iran to build nuclear power plant. It makes those two countries sort of friends. Now who is the best enemy of US and who has the power to nuke US? thats right

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
awwwww, we watch it on the news and go to bed and little or nothing happens in the states ever...

Russia and no one else does a thing because we do it right before Bush is out of office and everyone knows it's our last war hurrah if Obama gets in and lol another war hands him the election over Mccain because everyone is scared of ww3...

so that's it... that's where it ends... Iran gets melted down, We get sanctioned, maybe and Obama gets heralded as a great peace maker and America has this whole new face...

They choreographed this whole mess really well...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think OPEC wolud hit us with an embargo and then the dollar will really plunge leading to the possiblity of not only a draft but marshall law as well.Don't think this has not been premeditated from the begining,guys because it has,all these economic problems we are having along with the mess we have internationally has been planned to bring us to our knees.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well as they are getting bombed by precision weapons and praying to allah to make us "pay" I will be on the lake with my new boat drinking cold beer with a Cuban cigar and Slayer blasting through the speakers.
In short who cares....Nothing will happen in rual USA. Let the idiots over there fight for heaven while we get to live in it

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
"peace is for the women and the weak, empires are forged by war"
Agamemnon

"You have your sword, I have my tricks; we play with the toys the gods give us."
Odysseus to Achilles

" War is young men dying and old men talking. You know this. Ignore the politics."
Odysseus to Achilles

a couple quotes from the movie of troy that ends with troy burning to nothing.

like many said money means nothing to the U.S. War machine even in my schooling in jr high and highschool teachers would talk about how war actually stimulates the economy, unfortunately just not the working class' which i didnt have the ability to understand at that age like i understand now

yea there might be a terrorist attack or 2 but once we strike iran/begin ww3, i guarantee itll be just like it was with the other world wars it will majoritarily take place on foreign land

im pretty sure with all thats involved the other countries of the world will not just stand by in the situation.

i Also don't think it will be a long war IF nukes are used, basically I mean the moment the 1st nuke is used the war will end.

in my opinion times are too tense ifs its the usual teams and its iran brazil russia n china etc vs us i think the worlds screwed.

in that situation there will be a few nuke attacks on american land, russia china etc will be extremely annihilated with only a hand-full of countries left standing after about a week long period and at that point with the catastrophic amount of damage done I feel the few countries that survive in small protected areas with definitely revert back to the beginning to hopefully start over in the chance someday the earth recovers from the nuclear winter

if Iran's attacked, best case scenario is ww3 without the use of nukes, haarp etc, and it will be a long drawn out war probably lasting 10+ years

that would probably lead to advanced space technology to increase military advantage by controlling earth orbit which will eventually when the wars ending or over will lead to disclosure of e.t. due to the fact out technology will be advanced to the point we will be able to make contact and set up trading

not only space technology tho, i feel new energy technology food tech etc will all be developed and integrated quickly, the world is capable of extremely quick advancements when under the gun. (the space race, atomic technology, etc)

war is the reason our culture is as advanced as we have become in the past 150 years and i firmly believe the next couple years will be mind blowing.

just imagine how the people from the civil war that survived the fighting and were alive during ww1 must have felt when they saw of the type war that ww1 was, if you were 20 years old at the beginning of the civil war you would be 77 years old at the end of world war one

just in that short period of time we developed such destructible weapons of death, 100 years later with the rate of advancing technology, if we dont destroy ourselves the next decade will be truly remarkable. the world is changing before our eyes at a speed so fast i dont think any of our human brains can really understand and comprehend just how fast things change and technology evolved

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
so many idiots,as far as russia and china go..they will give the ok for iran to be hit..and hit hard as long as they get their share of irans oil,and they will.
as to iran attacking the US.Wake up fools..we have been attacted a multitude of times sinse 9/11in a number of different ways.It's funny..most know that there are a lot of Terror cells in the US..what are they doing here..do you really believe they are here just in case.oh and you no dought also believe that 9/11 was the first attack on america.Fools..no wonder the iranians are laughing.
Hell they have bought out just about every news orgenisation in the country...they are owned through ghost corperations.....but they own them.They even own halfof fox.You are so screwed..and you don't know it.they have you more afraid of your own goverment ,then you are of them..incredable...but smart..

does isreal need america to take out iran..no...not even if they only use conventional warfare.you sw what sadam did to them..it would pale in camparison if isreal took them on.Hell how many armies did they defeat in the 10 day war..like half the middle east..and you'd better believe that those countries were backed 100% by the USSR..and they got their asses kicked so bad..it still smarts.and isreal wasn't have the country then that it is now.
no isreal doesn't need america's help..maybe it's ok..but not it's hel.the russians have never liked tthe iranians histtoricly nor have the Chineese...so the fields will be divided up long befor a shot is fired..that is prabobly the only delay at present..
This type of thing is done before every war.are there nukes or dirty bonbs in america..I'd say so..I'd also bet that ,that kook in iran has a few he bought on the open market..and he wants to use them,there and here.these guys don't give a rats ass about the money..nore do the chineese..for them it's idolagey..plain and simple...idolagy...
but hay..continue to distrust your goverment more then them....continue to not see whats right in front of you....the deal is done..the clock is ticking..are you ready....

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
In response to the Original Poster***

I think that the only thing that could happen here in the states would be an economic collapse. I however would be more worried about what will happen IN Iran if the U.S. goes to war. Iran won't be anything close to Iraq in that Iran has a huge well outfitted army. Third largest in the world i believe. In Iraq our soldiers fought mostly insurgents (modern day millitia), their real army was obliterated pretty quickly. If we were to fight Iran we would be facing an actual army with an actual airforce. Very high casualties will insue.

By high casualties i don't mean 4000+(like Iraq, look at previous wars), i mean 10-20,000

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Loutty]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TornPages

Oh, please. The UK and US = 6% of world population, and possess 56% of the wealth, not that we stole, but that we created. Like, inventions, movies, management, and services. We have deep pockets. Over half of the Fed budget is 'Black', meaning completely unaccountablye $1k toilet seats. And we currently have enough oil to last us !,000 years at current consumption, without buying a DROP of foreign oil. When our once productive oil well ceased spraying oil out of the ground, we capped and abandoned. Now, we can get the 2/3rds we left behind. We recently found a huge field on Gull Island in Alaska, and another in Montana/South Dakota. Britain recently patented a way to pump oil from below 1,000 feet in the ocean, and there is a LOT of oil there. Not to even mention the low grade oil shale/sands. And we are getting much more efficient. Iraq is not/never was about oil. The oil baron in the white house is performing a service to his family business, by restricting US oil use. You should know from reading on this site, that there are several 'conspiracy' theories about why we went in. Perhaps we will never know. The BIBLE, which I am sure most of the readers here like to ignore, prophesied thousands of years ago, that the next event in prophesy would be Israel is attacked by her neighbors, and uses the Goliath Option. Do you think she would nuke Mecca? When this happens, and it will happen real soon, there will be no other parties involved. It will be fast. No outside participation. No time. Then, we can bring our boys home, due to fact the terrorist supply will have fried. The BIBLE states that the Iranians will flee Iran for fear of her torment. Then, the most dominant country ever, the richest, called Mystery Babylon, will be nuked and destroyed in one hour by a coalition of China and Russia. Who that would be I haven't a clue.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
All this about Iran going to be nuked by US or Israel is American and Jewish last stand.If yuo think that rest of the world just gona look and
do nothig you are mkeing a big mistake.First bomb that hits Tehran there
will be no more Washington and New York.Everybody knows how Americans react to disaster.Remember what happened after hurricane destroyed Luisiana.With 70 milions blacks you are more than likely to kill each other than unite to protect USA. Now is the time brake the states of america to go indenpendent like rest of the world.
Remember those that dig holles under somebody else, usualy fall in them selvs.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Some interesting points so far. Just thought I'd throw in an article by Noam Chomsky, written last year it makes some very interesting observations about the interaction between the US and Iran. Hope you find it interesting!

What if Iran had invaded Mexico?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It is such a pity the USA spend so much on getting oil rather than investing those resources into research & development of alternate energy sources. I bet that if the USA had chosen not to go to war but instead spend their billions of dollars on education to grow an army of scientists the world would have been a better place. Alternate energy isn't that difficult to develop if there's a lot of people researching it. Instead of sending their people off and getting them killed they could have put them to work on building windmills to generate electricity or something, creating a lot of jobs. Such a waste of life and resources.

Maybe America would have beaten it's oil addiction by now if it didn't choose violence as an answer to their problems. Like a junkie it tries to kill it's dealer to get his stash, while it should have gone into rehab to get clean. Ofcourse America isn't the only junkie; actually the whole world is becoming more and more addicted.

The oil is what makes the USA feel good; without it no transportation to loved ones that live all over the country, less freedom of movement means less choices, even down to food; not only transportation but packaging (plastic) costs oil as well. Even manufacturing clothes costs oil, and we gotta have the latest fashion right? People need to look good!

All these things are possible because of oil and without it, the people of the USA will become severly depressed. It will take a huge adjustment going from the American Dream to the American Nightmare, I have no idea how the USA will deal with that. I guess somehow the government will make their citizens believe other countries are to blame for the loss of their way of life, creating anger and hatred and using that to strike others.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Not to be a smart-@ss, but i would imagine the same thing would happen as when folks asked what would happen here after we attacked Iraq. NOTHING! What are they going to do that Iraq couldnt have done?

They goona try to nuke us with what one or two crude devices that will only ensure that their entire country will get obliterated? if that is their strategy then they are even more insane than already thought.

If your goverment attacks, then it's not Iran you guys should be worried about!!

IT'S THE ENTIRE WORLD!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Well as they are getting bombed by precision weapons and praying to allah to make us "pay" I will be on the lake with my new boat drinking cold beer with a Cuban cigar and Slayer blasting through the speakers.
In short who cares....Nothing will happen in rual USA. Let the idiots over there fight for heaven while we get to live in it

You generalize way to much in your posts.

You need to chill out with the ignorance man!

Also are you saying US soldiers are idiots too, if they are gonna fight there?

And one thing I HATE, is that kind of attitude "WHO CARES??? they are not american, so why care?"

Who cares because you don't live there right??

Who cares that people will die, people will suffer, who cares because your relaxing at home drinking beer, watching it on tv, and laughing to yourself that you live in heaven.

Do you see the words that you spread?

Where's your compassion?
Oh sorry that's right you appear to have none, and your appear pretty damn selfish.

Who cares what your country does, who they attack, who's lives they destroy, because it's far away from where you live.

Maybe you should start to care for others, instead of just yourself??

[edit on 12-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The reason no one stops or opposess Bush while he invades Iraq and now probably Iran is very simple. They are all on board and all the talk is just hype. The UN is not going to do anything because Bush is just doing the dirty work for them so that they can sit back and say how terrible it is. Are they doing anything to stop it? Are there any sanctions on the US? Any warnings or ultiamtums? But Iran is obviously next on the hit list and yet they are the ones being sanctioined and investigated. Iran might have a couple of nukes but we definitely have thousands. Who is the greater threat?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I suggest you all move up here to Canada before the draft happens. We will welcome you with open arms and free medical care.

No guns allowed, but we have plenty of pot and good beer!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

As has probably already been explained or proposed I'm sure that a few things will happen. First off the traders and funds that deal with oil futures will make a ton more money than they already have over the past few years. Which in turn will run gas up towards the $6 a gallon range here. Which will force everything else that is dependant upon gas/fuel to go up like food, services, etc.

That is just the beginning. From there you will have more backlash from the world community as our image of tyrants gets completely cemented in the minds of the worlds citizens. That includes the ones living here since we are a nation made up of the worlds citizens. You will see a SERIOUS backlash against the government here that may actually approach outright civil war.

You WILL NOT see a draft. Why? Because they just don't work. People like to think that drafts work but they just don't. What happens is that you are getting people into a war that are more likely to question the reasoning for being there. This changes the balance of what is currently happening where a good portion (no slam at all against our troops that serve as I was also in service myself) that go in simply because it is the best option for employment. They will do whatever they are told and do not question things. This would change drastically with a draft.

All in all, I hope I have given my input and I hope it makes sense. However, the impact here would eventually be catastrophic and could actually be the key to the end of this short lived country.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

This is probably the most ignorant and moronic statement I have seen yet.

How long do you think this country will last my friend? You think that it is permanent don't you. You think that 'we're the U.S. of A.' and that we are going to be around forever as the only super power around. You are truly in for a VERY rude awakening.

I will ask you to do something that may be a bit beyond your abilities. Do a little studying up on world history. Study the great nations and civilizations that are NO LONGER HERE! Then ask yourself WHY they are no longer here. I could tell you but that may be just a bit too much for you to take in all at once.

I base the above soley on what you have written in this and many other posts. You have shown over and over a lack of humanity, compassion, clear thought, and any form of morals.

This means that either a) you do this solely to gripe people and get them all up in arms or;

b) you truly are as ignorant as your posts say you are.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

You WILL NOT see a draft. Why? Because they just don't work. People like to think that drafts work but they just don't.

I hope and more than wish this were true. I do not want my kids going off to their war. They are just about the right age. Especially, my oldest and only son.

However, I fear that they will call a draft. I don't think we can hold Iran without more men. I don't know though, it's just my opinion of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join