It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran gets attack, What happens here in the US?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by mind is the universe

Ireland should'nt be the one talking.Your country had their share of junk.Go figure.

Lol. oh really. Why don't you tell us our story. Ignorant one. I will at least listen to what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
reply to post by mind is the universe

Every country of some intelligence knows that Iran is a terroristic country.At least some of those countries think that.

www.ch.doe.gov...

Not to mention the wack job as president of Iran.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a former commander of Iran's ideological army, Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC), assumed office early August following a rigged election in June 2005. Ahmadinejad does not represent the people of Iran.

Backed by Iran's hard-line Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and the Revolutionary Guards, this obscure radical with a wicked past as a hostage-taker, a terrorist, an assassin, and an interrogator has been placed in the office of presidency.Ahmadinejad is a terrorist and a root cause of terrorism ”

So go figure he is a man of peace my #@$!

The simple psycology.

Is quite obvious.

Why are the terrorists always around the middleast? I mean why? ( I don't believe they are terrorists, I believe the people their our terrorised) But you might want to

A. Ask people their thoughts
B. Travel around the world, and use your awareness and
C. Open your eyes also
D. Have empathy
E. use logic
F. understand the other side of the story
G Find out what' really happening in the middleast.

America is not the the peace loving country you keep dreaming about.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In regards to the original post, a war with Iran would have a domestic response unseen since the days of the Cold War. American society would have to brace itself for what may become a never-ending cycle of blowback. This includes terrorist attacks,

In regards to a draft, I feel like that issue quite overblown. For a draft to be instituted for a war with Iran, it would have to depend on what kind of war we will pursue. The unlikeliest of scenarios is a full-scale invasion and occupation of Iran (for which plans exist in the form of CONPLAN 1025), which would require a mobilization and deployment on the scale of DESERT SHIELD/STORM (maybe more, due to Iran's size and depending on whether we have allies). We're talking anywhere between 500,000 to 600,000+ troops. This is a situation that would most certainly call for a draft. The Global War on Terrorism and the Iraq War has all but ensured CONPLAN 1025 will not be carried out, as our ground forces have become quite hollow and a draft would be politically unfeasible. Not to mention our overall logistical condition does not suit such a massive undertaking.

However, if the U.S. chooses to pursue a massive air/naval strike of Iran, this is certainly something that can be carried. This situation would not call for a draft. At the same time, some sort of ground option could be pursued. OPLAN 1002-04 calls for an assault on Iran's southwest province of Khuzstan, whichi is where the bulk of Iran's oil industry is located. While a major war is certainly unlikely, a smaller-scale, more limited ground invasion is certainly feasible and likely. This would still not require a draft.

But as with all things, its the economy that matters most, stupid. A research study by ING found that a war with Iran risks plunging the U.S. into a recession, or an even deeper one assuming we're already in a recession, and the U.S. dollar will go into freefall. In other words, it would prove Military Keynesiasm to be completely fiction and thus a war with Iran serves no economic purpose.

I want to close by saying I commend the original poster for starting this thread. The effect that war has on the home front and sociologically is an issue that is overlooked far too often. It shouldn't be, because that is what any discussion about war is ultimately about.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Appears we dont have to attack cause Israel is.

Israel prepares to strike Iran

news.yahoo.com...

And already did training for the attack.The New York Times report quoted U.S. officials as saying more than 100 Israeli F-16s and F-15s staged the maneuver over the eastern Mediterranean and Greece in the first week of June. It said the aircraft flew more than 900 miles (1,450 kilometers), roughly the distance from Israel to Iran's Natanz nuclear enrichment facility, and that the exercise included refueling tankers and helicopters capable of rescuing downed pilots.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
come on people - look at the facts;
America is the worlds policeman- someone HAS to be
-no one else is able

America gives billions in food and aid to other countries
-10x more than UN combined

Iran has repeately stated to commit annihilation to ISRAEL
-I ask you -- is ISRAEL supposed to wait to be hit or react to this in
self defense either with or without her allies?

The WORLD has called for IRAN to stop enrichment for a long time
now and they are not heeding the call
- Is the WORLD supposed to let this pass?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You sound happy to say "without oil, America dies!" What country are you from?
Oh, by the way, here are some things the will or would have happened "without America"
The French speak German
All of Eastern Europe speak Russian
All of Indonesia speaks Japanise
Most of Africa is dead from malaria and Aids
100s of millions of people all over the world live under brutal dictators(including you and your family)
and the list goes on......Yes,America in not perfect, but it is the best place in the world to live in freedom.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

With good there is a little bad, and with bad there is a little good

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ofcourse, Its all Iran's fault !! they would love to get bombed, who doesn't right?!! You must be one those guys who voted for bush 2ice, thinking that is exactly what Jesus would do.
As long as we have ppl believing in so called faith of any kind we will have wars, and you ppl would justify that simply because of the delusion of being on the right side.
Hoping-(NOT PRAYING)- a world w/o stupid religious and war.
NO to Religions/NO to Wars

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join