It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave American Politics to Americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Where any nation has a substantial foreign policy, EVERYONE in the world should involve themselves in discussing that nation's politics - rights and wrongs. The USA gave up its right to avoid judgment and criticism when it began throwing its weight around. Same goes for my country - I welcome anyone in the world to discuss it. They don't have a vote and Britain is not their land, but they are free to comment on it.

It's healthy that international politics are discussed. I like to think it reminds the administrations that they under a watchful global eye - one whose collective overriding goal is peace. Just imagine what a nation could get away with if its affairs were only known to its citizens. For a start, a government can control the media (read: propaganda) within its own borders but not outside. So really, the only opportunity the citizens have for a fair and accurate insight into world and home affairs is due to foreign interest in America's doings.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Though I agree with your original premise for posting a response (and starred it), I have to say that was one of the most bigoted, self-righteous rants I've seen in quite some time.

Tell me, am I a fat, gun-toting Christian that you speak of? Because certainly, you assigned that stereotype to all American when that statement was made.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Of course foreigners have a right to discuss and comment on American politics, after all their governments and corporations own as many (or more) of our politicians as we do.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Unfortunately, thats pretty much all we see and hear about.
Its funny to see that you want people to "butt-out" when "Butting-in" is what the US does on a daily basis.

I'm sure Iraqis ask themselves, "why don't they butt-out"
Or how about Afgans, and all other countries the US has "butted-in"

If you want others to butt out, then how about have it start with you guys.
If not, then be sure people won't.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Actually that's a terrible and hypocritical idea.

Unless you get out of Iraq and Afghan, then I'm afraid to say the rest of the world will be watching over your shoulder with a look of concern on their faces.

I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

Neither does waking up to find out how many kids have shot each other in the face at their local high school or your corrupt voting system, your war-mongering leaders, your delusional attitudes towards any religion that isn't christian fundamentalism and xenophobic fear towards anybody that wears a turban.

Keep your America mate, keep it.

Typical response from an uneducated, ignorant user. You think the sum of America is everything you read and hear in the media. And of course the media isn't biased at all. You presume to stereotype us all into a category and then make snap judgments about us when you admit you have no personal experience interacting with Americans in person, in our country.

Thanks, mate, I WILL keep my America and I'll take it over ANY other country in this world you think is better, thank you very much. And if you won't give us a chance by experiencing American culture first hand then I'd just assume you stay out of our fine country.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

See I agree with you our media is biased and there is more to American than meets the eye. Once you have lived in the United States and dealt with the issues at hand you can then have a say in our government. Until then keep watching the biased media reports.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Excuse me, you want us to stay out of your politics BUT you want to meddle with OURS?

It goes both ways.

You should remove yourself from our countries and your bases. Stay in America if you want us to stay out of YOUR politics.

Please also remove yourself from OUR politics.

This is exactly one reason people HATE Americans.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

or to say
as long as there is a chance that the us will invade any random country on a whim people will have an opinion on who would lead it best.

when did the usa invade a country on a whim? If you are refering to Iraq, im sorry but there where many reasons.It just turned out the reason our gov gave was not legit, even thought we did give saddam alot of time to get rid of anything before we came!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery

or to say
as long as there is a chance that the us will invade any random country on a whim people will have an opinion on who would lead it best.

when did the usa invade a country on a whim? If you are refering to Iraq, im sorry but there where many reasons.It just turned out the reason our gov gave was not legit, even thought we did give saddam alot of time to get rid of anything before we came!!!!

No they don't invade on a WHIM, they simply ENGINEER a SCENARIO of EVENTS and ENVIRONMENT to enable them to LIBERATE people.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

Europe can't even have football matches that aren't marred by racism. A lot of you people are completely bigoted and you don't even realize it. Race relations in the US are far beyond that in Europe.

Ya, we're so racist, we have a mixed-race Presidential nominee. But I thought you were paying attention to that?

While, yes, two or three more people per hundred thousand are murdered in the US every year the idea that walking down the street after dark no matter where you are will get you shot is ridiculous.

Obesity is a world-wide issue.

And fast food? Last time I checked there were American fast food locations all over Europe. Someone must be eating there.

But I do agree the American Presidential race is important for everyone to follow and debate, but don't do it from your stereotypical, holier-than-thou standpoints or the debate will only become muddled.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I like the excuse because were at war it's ok, well geniouses, here's a special bulletin....There are lots of countries at war, some small and some large, some in this one with us aswell. You must be a busy little bee running around and expressing your opinions to all their citezens. You know you could make any argument you want, logical or not, the simple matter is you should **** off, simple really. I don't agree with a lot of different policies being pushed around in other countries, like China for one, but I'm not peaking my nosy little beak in and squaking like an annoying school girl.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Unless you get out of Iraq and Afghan, then I'm afraid to say the rest of the world will be watching over your shoulder with a look of concern on their faces.

Neither does waking up to find out how many kids have shot each other in the face at their local high school or your corrupt voting system, your war-mongering leaders, your delusional attitudes towards any religion that isn't christian fundamentalism and xenophobic fear towards anybody that wears a turban.

Keep your America mate, keep it.

Typical response from an uneducated, ignorant user. You think the sum of America is everything you read and hear in the media. And of course the media isn't biased at all. You presume to stereotype us all into a category and then make snap judgments about us when you admit you have no personal experience interacting with Americans in person, in our country.

Thanks, mate, I WILL keep my America and I'll take it over ANY other country in this world you think is better, thank you very much. And if you won't give us a chance by experiencing American culture first hand then I'd just assume you stay out of our fine country.

I agree, we outside America are outmatched by American intellectuals and their sheer outstanding knowledge of current events and world knowledge. America's education system is second to none.

mOO]

Not to mention their healthy lifestyle and cultured cuisine.

The REAL difference between Europe and America

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ok is this getting of topic now and just being sarcastic and mean????

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

ok is this getting of topic now and just being sarcastic and mean????

The entire topic itself was arrogant and offensive to begin with.

The entire attitude of manipulating and demanding America's allies support America yet on the other hand telling them to F off and mind their own business while at the same time America interferes in their politics.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
and there you go picking americas finest to display our culture, come you should know better than that every person that"I" know could answer them ?'s so thats abit unfair wich led to my previous post

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

and there you go picking americas finest to display our culture, come you should know better than that every person that"I" know could answer them ?'s so thats abit unfair wich led to my previous post

Just as American's pick on the rest of the world.

The difference is?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There has been a media attack on America for a while now. The MSM is, in my opinion, are consciously undermining the Republic that is the United States of America.

America, if looked at through the eyes of the Constitution is the greatest country ever founded. Now, that the constitution has been watered down, it resembles a police state and people are afraid, its citizens are afraid, very few have the bravery to stand up and say no F$%^en more.

How much of the freedom, that is America, will be stolen from the people by BIG MONEY and BIG GOVERNMENT who do not give a rats ass about the common citizen, before we unite and say STOP THE MADNESS!

They laugh. I have heard the government people laugh and say go ahead…we can do whatever we want. I have HEARD this being said and I am afraid it is true. They can do whatever they want!

America has become too wrapped up in the big home, 5 cars, living large , getting stupefied by Prozac all the while knowing that they have sold their freedom to Big Corps, Big Government, Big Police who do not give a flying pig fart if you go to jail, are separated from your loved ones, are tortured, forced to go on the lam etc so long as they can make their F&*# money.

TAX, RAISE FOOD PRICES, RAISE GAS, and THEN LOWER YOUR EARNINGS, INCREASE YOUR WORK LOAD all in the name of productivity.

THE BOTTOM LINE COMES FIRST TO THESE PEOPLE.
F#$% THE CITIZEN WHO HAS TO PAY UP.

The world looks to America for an example of FREEDOM.

No wonder the world is pissed at the USA…they had it all and sold it all for the CORNER OFFICE!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
There has been a media attack on America for a while now. The MSM is, in my opinion, are consciously undermining the Republic that is the United States of America.

America, if looked at through the eyes of the Constitution is the greatest country ever founded. Now, that the constitution has been watered down, it resembles a police state and people are afraid, its citizens are afraid, very few have the bravery to stand up and say no F$%^en more.

How much of the freedom, that is America, be stolen from the people by BIG MONEY and BIG GOVERNMENT who do not give a rats ass about the common citizen.

They laugh. I have heard the government people laugh and say go ahead…we can do whatever we want. I have HEARD this being said and I am afraid it is true. They can do whatever they want!

America has become too wrapped up in the big home, 5 cars, living large , getting stupefied by Prozac all the while knowing that they have sold their freedom to Big Corps, Big Government, Big Police who do not give a flying pig fart if you go to jail, are separated from your loved ones, are tortured, forced to go on the lam etc so long as they can make their F&*# money.

TAX, RAISE FOOD PRICES, RAISE GAS, and THEN LOWER YOUR EARNINGS, INCREASE YOUR WORK LOAD all in the name of productivity.

THE BOTTOM LINE COMES FIRST TO THESE PEOPLE.
F#$% THE CITIZEN WHO HAS TO PAY UP.

The world looks to America for an example of FREEDOM.

No wonder the world is pissed at the USA…they had it all and sold it all for the CORNER OFFICE!

Tax? I pay OVER 50% on my income, I pay 25% on good I buy.

You have NO IDEA what tax is.

But, I do get education, healthcare and public transport.

Please, spare me the tax sob stores.

Oh my pet rock bleeds for Americans.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

I bet ignorant and uninformed statements like this are a big part of the reason why the OP does not like to talk american politics with people from other countries. I like to talk politics with people from all around the world, but if you are truly that misinformed about the citizens of any one country you have no business talking about the citizens let alone the politics of that country.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

moomoo...you pay taxes and like it....American's rebeled against taxation and won their freedom! I love my freedom, I hate taxation on my labour.

You can keep your taxation till the cows come home moomoo....I will stand with liberty and justice.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join