It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave American Politics to Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Everybody that does not live in the United States of American should stay out of discussions about the Presidential Race. They are making assumptions and thoughts and theories about a Country they have never had the pleasure of living in. If you are so worried about our presidential race i suggest you move over here and deal with what real Americans have to deal with on an everyday basis. I don't talk about politics in your country so return the favor to the American People and butt out of our discussions.

+45 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Actually that's a terrible and hypocritical idea.

Unless you get out of Iraq and Afghan, then I'm afraid to say the rest of the world will be watching over your shoulder with a look of concern on their faces.

I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

Neither does waking up to find out how many kids have shot each other in the face at their local high school or your corrupt voting system, your war-mongering leaders, your delusional attitudes towards any religion that isn't christian fundamentalism and xenophobic fear towards anybody that wears a turban.

Keep your America mate, keep it.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Extremism, no matter how good the "reasoning" behind it, brings only woe and dispair to all it touches.

To say, or even imply, that one size fits all, is very short sighted. America, as the "melting pot" of the world, is naturally looked at and discussed by people of every nation. How could it reasonably be otherwise? To take to heart your thread title would be for us to roll back the clock to pre-WWII days.

And to think that Americans as a whole are fast food junkies carrying guns in every car and truck while taking their children to target practice so they can better shoot each other is also uneducated in the real complexity of American culture.

We are both better and worse than these two ideas portray.

There's a reason for the term "tunnel vision."

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Mr. Lizard, I agree with you.

And it is also the hallmark of an intelligent person to discuss world politics. The U.S.'s imperialist actions can be seen all over the world and it DOES effect people from other countries. Of course, they're going to discuss American politics and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

It's these kind of statements, as well as your racist thread that was shut down by the mods, that makes you appear to be ignorant - you may want to think about things more before expressing an opinion.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Keep your America mate, keep it.

We will, thanks.

I've been to many countries as well. Every time I returned home I was filled with an incredible sense of gratitude for the opportunity to live in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My answer to you was given here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess you either didn't like my answer or you started this thread to see how big of a "posse" you could get on your side?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Americans and the U.S. act seperate to each other in certian matters which are which prove the U.S. isnt acting as it's ppl want.

As an American I still feel it would be better if the U.S. would demolish so that Americans could be one ppl, maze-less, in one liberal state. Federal government is only because there are states united. Get rid of the states to have a single statehood would be better.

Our legistative system should be set up as part school-like and part jury-like so that even average Americans can be involved in government functions and orders.

All America needs, in a liberal state, is a no trespass law law. For example: Dont put, say, safe prostitution as illegal and outlawed for everyone when you should and can just abstain from participating in it while leaving who wants to participate in it to do so.

We need to become one state with the most liberal laws of the land being kept and created for Americas. We need be treated as individuals in one state, not as a herd of sheeps in different states.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I welcome the input of of people from other nations in regards to my countries (USA) policies and political landscape. I feel like we can learn a lot from one another when it comes to, well anything!

Choosing to ignore what others have to say in regards to politics just because they come from another country is willful ignorance and I am NOT here to be ignorant.

So please, brother and sisters from around the world, continue to share with those of us willing to listen your point of view!

Much Love for the Global Community, Animal

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081 Everybody that does not live in the United States of American should stay out of discussions about the Presidential Race.

Anyone as ignorant as you should not be coming to a site where "deny ignorance" is the motto

I agree with Gools.....and also your threads seem to be posted so you can bait people into arguments

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I don't talk about politics in your country

i'm debating on how to answer this, is it more appropriate to say
your free to make any comments you like about other countries politics, i just hope to god they're more informed than the comments you make about your own countries.

or to say
as long as there is a chance that the us will invade any random country on a whim people will have an opinion on who would lead it best.

or to say
why don't you go to an american only website if that what you want?

A & B are truest to how i feel, but C is likely to be the only one the OP understands, it was such a hard choice i had to include all three, OP, how about you choose.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree with the OP.

I have no problem with foreigners taking an interest in our politics, but the level of discourse by most foreigners who contribute to this board is offensive to the max.

We Americans watch with interest the politics of other nations, but for the most part I've never heard an American presume to act like foreign and domestic policy experts for other nations the way many non-Americas do.

In fact, those foreigners who distort American values and portray our nation as something other than what we are, I consider to be the enemy.

I feel the same way toward Americans who hate America, as well, so don't accuse me of xenophobia.

[edit on 2008/6/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well then you would have to stop the foreign interests from determining your countries policies then. As we all know, the U.S. for a long time has been in the hands of foreigners like Rotschild, Warburg et al.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

As an American, i welcome debating the policies with everybody. Its way to easy to become insular etc especially when we are the lone superpower at this time and even our internal politics have global impact.

You do not have to agree with thier side/opinion/point, but it makes for an more interesting debate than the usual red state blue state banter.

Also, you are free to jump in and discuss Canadian poltics, UK politics or any other sort of politics you desire.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
no need to portray you as anything grady, you've made yourself quite clear, you hate anybody that doesn't agree with you. if what others say is offensive and incorrect, point to the fault, if it is true, being offended by it means you feel guilty, that's your problem, not mine.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I would agree with you Grady if the US gov. didn't affect other countries. It does in a HUGE way. People are bound to be interested in that which affects them. Also, does it not help to have an unbiased opinion? Some are well versed in US politics while not being citizens.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Like I said in the previous post, interest in our politics is a far cry from the clueless pontificating and the outright lies about America and our politics that infuriates me.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
Everybody that does not live in the United States of American should stay out of discussions about the Presidential Race. They are making assumptions and thoughts and theories about a Country they have never had the pleasure of living in. If you are so worried about our presidential race i suggest you move over here and deal with what real Americans have to deal with on an everyday basis. I don't talk about politics in your country so return the favor to the American People and butt out of our discussions.

You Hypocrite.

If that is the way most Americans feel, then you should get your sorry arses out world affairs.

This is a INTERNATIONAL website. Read what the definition of what International means first before speaking out of the back of your arse.

BTW, I am not anti-American ........ I just hate ignorant bigots who have no idea.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Grady, my friend, one thing I've learned here is that the US can't do anything right and everybody else can do no wrong. Must be why the UN is so good at its job???Ya' Think??
Zindo

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Grady, my friend, one thing I've learned here is that the US can't do anything right and everybody else can do no wrong.

Wanna bet? Talk to a Canadian that doesn't live in Alberta and see what they've got to say about our gov.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yup ,Yup your right there. Pacific Canada sure hates whats going on for sure. They have the same problem as our western states. Less population means less representation. Who says votes don't count???

Zindo

[edit on 6/9/2008 by ZindoDoone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join