It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave American Politics to Americans

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

All of which goes to my point that make sure you're perfect before criticizing someone else.

centurion1211, you have never hesitated to criticize people you disagree with. Does that mean you think you are perfect. I don't think you are perfect.

If you were perfect, you would never have made such a stupid statement.

I shall be watching for your future criticisms and guess what....

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Let them do all the criticizing they want. Makes no difference to me. In the end it has no effect on anything. You think anyone in America actually cares what people from other countries think about our government. If there is, it is less than 1% of the overall population. Never has an election been swayed but what foreigners think. After all who is going to take advice from people that visit here from time to time or have never even been here. That is like me taking a vacation to another country and then passing judgement on the people and the way they live. You guys should just mind your own business. Hell if it wasnt for us half of you would be speaking Chinese, Russian, Or German. So maybe instead of criticizing us you should be thanking us. And btw our government may not be perfect and it has its problems but it is by far the most successful government on the planet that there has ever been. And I mean as a total not the last 8 years.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That's a ridiculous statement.

The world of business relies on the stock markets these days, which are affected by incoming and outgoing presidents in America depending on the policies that they implement. This in turn has an effect on people in other countries.

Also, being from England, I see in the news that a lot of our soldiers have died in Afghanistan and Iraq because of the phoney war set up by the American Government.

So if you don't want people to comment on what's happening in America, I suggeest you cut America off from the rest of the world and cease to have a political influence anywhere but on your own shores.

I have no axe to grind with American people, the ones I have met have been great, friendly, funny and bright people. I do refuse to be told what to have or not have an interest in by anyone though.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburak
USA's elections became public worlwide since America interferring every other country in the world and since it's one of few "powerfull" countries on this planet. So every little mistake in USA (or russia or germany or ....) will have influence on the whole planet .... as you could see in the economy crysis that caught the world after hitting the USA. And election is a big thing so believe me it's not just americas problem (the same thing happened when there was election in Russia) and it will have influence on world economy and a lot more other stuff. USA is not some village in Africa that 99% people never heard about .... it's a giant country ... so stop being stupid

USA's Elections are just that USA's elections. Nobody over here really care what people from canada, GB, france, Germany, or anywhere else thinks. You can criticize us all you want. I havent seen one poll over here that tells us who the rest of the world thinks should be president. Because nobody over here cares what someone from another country thinks

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Same view as mr Lizard
Funny how the US invades, places military bases everywhere, coherces and bullies governemnt and the rest of the world should not dare discussing american politics.

Whats funny is how if it wasnt for the usa, half if not all of europe would be speaking german right now. China would probably be invading Japan, North Korea and South Korea would be at war. Not to mention Iraq would now be taking over the middle east. You do remeber they invaded Kuwait, which was a stopping point before they invaded Saudi Arabia. You think gas prices are high now..... But sure we are the Devil. Sometimes I wish we would just mind our own business. See how well all you foreigners do them.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XBadger
The GDP of Ukraine is 364 billion, of UAE is 129 billion; of Urugay is 37 billion; of Uzbekistan is 56 billion; and of Uganda is 52 billion. Together that is 638 billion dollars. The GDP of the US is 13.13 trillion dollars. That means the combined GDP of all the countries that start with U is 7.6% that of the US. Suprise, surprise. That is irrelevant and Americans don't care. So you've got some videos showing Americans don't know that Uruguay is a country. Guess what ... It doesn't matter.

And Iraq was about 30 billion in 2003 , I bet they are cursing their luck that you came to notice them, eh ?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Tell you what..

When your country stops being the shining light of freedom and democracy on the march and exemplar for the world...we here in Canada will stop poking our noses..in till then..suck it up princess..we all have the right to voice our opinions..or was that freedom of speech thing just for Americans?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
That's a ridiculous statement.

The world of business relies on the stock markets these days, which are affected by incoming and outgoing presidents in America depending on the policies that they implement. This in turn has an effect on people in other countries.

Also, being from England, I see in the news that a lot of our soldiers have died in Afghanistan and Iraq because of the phoney war set up by the American Government.

So if you don't want people to comment on what's happening in America, I suggeest you cut America off from the rest of the world and cease to have a political influence anywhere but on your own shores.

I have no axe to grind with American people, the ones I have met have been great, friendly, funny and bright people. I do refuse to be told what to have or not have an interest in by anyone though.

Oh Afganstan is a phoney war. Maybe we should have sat back and let germany take over europe. We come to your rescue but when we ask for help everyone is so reluctant to give it. Let me ask you this. Do you think for one second that if any one tried to invade you, lets just say germany, we wouldnt rush over our full force of our military to try to help you. And we would stay there for the duration.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well Ambrose Bierce said, "war is God's way of teaching Americans geography"

But that wasn't really my point. My larger point was that this type of "gottcha" videos that makes fun of Americans and calls them stupid because they don't know countries that start with the letter U is not only silly, it is counterproductive for the transatlantic relationship. This type of silliness -- that apparently at leat the European who posted this link laughs at -- is at best disingeneous. At worse it is not appreciating geopolitical realities. Rather than Europeans laughing at us for not "knowing" countries that start with "the letter U" it might make more sense to think about power relations in the world today and appreciate what the two sides of the pond have in common. Its an adult appreciation of the world that the poster appartently doesn't have or understand. Tell me ... If I were to go to Wolverhampton and ask people to name me countries that stated with the letter E (a vowel nonetheless) what do you think I'd get?

Look my point is that as an American I welcome input from our European partners. I welcome advice from our mother continent. But, I am not willing to say that our country is fast-food eating idiots. Tell me this. You are our mother country. You birthed us. Our educational, cultural, social, political institutions are developments of yours. When a mother turns her back on their children or laughs at them for being stupid, do you think less of the mother or the child? I ask that you as Europeans who laugh at Americans to look in the mirror and ask what this condescention brings to you. My huntch is that it makes you feel better about yourself for some reason that as an American i don't understand

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUNRAY06

Tell you what..

When your country stops being the shining light of freedom and democracy on the march and exemplar for the world...we here in Canada will stop poking our noses..in till then..suck it up princess..we all have the right to voice our opinions..or was that freedom of speech thing just for Americans?

R. v. Keegstra, [1990] 3 S.C.R. 697 is a landmark freedom of expression decision of the Supreme Court of Canada where the Court upheld the Criminal Code of Canada provision prohibiting the wilfull promotion of hatred against an identifiable group as constitutional under the freedom of expression provision in section 2(b) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Apparently Canada does not have freedom of speech...sorry I guess it is just for Americans.

And if that don't burn your bacon...
www.chrc-ccdp.ca...

[edit on 04/13/2008 by sacerd]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Leave American politics to Americans? We would do if the bloody Americans and their politics and their aftermaths would stay in America!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
Leave American politics to Americans? We would do if the bloody Americans and their politics and their aftermaths would stay in America!

Just wondering. Can you tell me a time when the opinion of the citizens of the U.K. have altered any course of action we have ever decided to take?
I can't think of a one, so really I suppose you should go on and say what you want cause it does not seem to be affecting anything here.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by centurion1211

All of which goes to my point that make sure you're perfect before criticizing someone else.

centurion1211, you have never hesitated to criticize people you disagree with. Does that mean you think you are perfect. I don't think you are perfect.

If you were perfect, you would never have made such a stupid statement.

I shall be watching for your future criticisms and guess what....

Bring it on. Not hardly perfect. But if I criticize someone, you can bet I've first made sure that I'm standing on solid ground. No way you can say that in the context of this thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
Everybody that does not live in the United States of American should stay out of discussions about the Presidential Race. They are making assumptions and thoughts and theories about a Country they have never had the pleasure of living in. If you are so worried about our presidential race i suggest you move over here and deal with what real Americans have to deal with on an everyday basis. I don't talk about politics in your country so return the favor to the American People and butt out of our discussions.

I like to throw in my quick two cents.

I think the whole world has every right to say what they THINK since it's American Policy the affects the ENTIRE WORLD. Don't you think it's hypocritical to live by bill of rights that grants you Freedom of Speech? But somehow you don't think others have a say of what they think?

I would guess you voted for Bush/Cheney and agree to the same despot blueprint they copied from Hitler and his Propaganda Minister.

Did that make it clear for you?

If not, try this one....

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such a time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and /or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State." Joseph Goebbels -Hitlers Propaganda Minister

Yes, I am an American but like to think of myself as a Global Citizen. So please, anyone from any country say what you would like about American Politics and our two party system. It seems not matter who gets in office, it's the same old turd, and every four years we try to polish the same old turd. You can basically put whip cream on it and some chocolate syrup. But in the end, you have the same old turd.

So over time, I hope most people will figure out that democracy now-a-days is just an illusion.

And if you want to learn what American has turned into, watch this

The Story of Stuff
That's my two cents.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by TheInfamousOne]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide88

USA's Elections are just that USA's elections. Nobody over here really care what people from canada, GB, france, Germany, or anywhere else thinks. You can criticize us all you want. I havent seen one poll over here that tells us who the rest of the world thinks should be president. Because nobody over here cares what someone from another country thinks

If we don't care what the rest of the world thinks;why do we have diplomats in almost every country? Why do we send so much foreign aid?
Why does Condi Rice have a job? Why do we even have a Department of State?www.state.gov...

Why does the President travel all over the damn world if we don't care what other countries think?

sorry tide88, you have absolutely no credibility with me and probably most other thinking folks whether foreign, domestic, or from Uranus.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Fee Fie Foe Foll

I smell the posting of a dirty little troll.

But pay no mind, his postings are whack.

He won't even vote for Obama because he is black.

He offers nothing in terms of denying ignorance,

Exploiting people's fear, anger and indifference!

I have to agree with this post, this person had another thread about Obama and riot's. I sense the OP is just pulling on heart strings.

But hey, I'm american, and if you're ever in my town I will make it a point to show you a good time. Home cooked meal's and all the drinks you can drink. We're not all bad or arrogant.
America is young country and she needs to listen to her more experinced countries! Respect the old country!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That does some merit but.......

By the same token, the US should keep their Politics and Noses out
of every other countries Politics.
One way or another the White House effects the Political Decisions
of most countries, so it only seems fitting that those countries voice
their opinions.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Keep your America mate, keep it.

We will, thanks.

I've been to many countries as well. Every time I returned home I was filled with an incredible sense of gratitude for the opportunity to live in the U.S.

I felt exactly the same way after I went on a world trip and got home to Australia

Though I wouldn't say no to a chance to live in either Montreal or Paris for a year or 5. My god I love the French.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

You've never heard an American presume to speak on foreign policy? Ummmm? Isn't that why the rest of the world hates America. They presume that the American way is the best way for everyone. Kind of like Charlemagne converting people to Christianity at the end of a sword.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Man all of your threads are so negative and hostile!

What is the problem with people talking about our presidential race.
We send in our military to control other nations!

Don't you think maybe we should mind our own frickin business first, before we go shouting "Shut the hell up!" to the rest of the world?

You need to take a chill pill, a long cold shower, and your own advice.

Since our government wants to play world police, the rest of the world has every right to an opinion. They already think we are a bunch of homicidal maniacs, with control issues. You are not doing our image any good with this thread.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join