It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come the Black Haters?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Now there is a well written, non-emotional, reasoned refutation and criticism of my post.

Thank you for that.

Please be aware that it makes little difference to this Canuck who will be elected US president, the effect outside your country is little changed no matter who is in charge. All your candidates could be classed as "right wing" (I hate labels) when compared to Canadian Politics.

There is an excellent post around here demonstrating Obama's possible connections to Bilderberger's etc. so I don't for a second think that the last 60 years of US dominance that I often criticise (which makes me an "America Hater" apparently) will change no matter who is elected.

This thread has been quite interesting to read...

After a couple of days I have concluded that my premises may be flawed, my perceptions may be ill informed and my own politically based prejudices come into play but my conclusion that bigoted racist people will be coming out of the woodwork is proving accurate (just read this thread and others started since). No matter how I arrived at the conclusion, this thread has turned into a nice little "Honey Pot" and demonstration of my point.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by BumbeniIt's all about the HATE. The current black generation was taught to hate Whitey, as though we are all descendants of the small faction of slave owners way back when. But Whitey gonna pay. It serves their purpose to continue the hate, gives them the excuse in their head that it's ok to sit on their asses and wait for the mailman.

Yeah, it doesn't matter what they were taught. It is not about them, they are not really (in the ultimate sense) the problem.

They are what they are. Period. That is not going to change. It is not realistic for anyone to EXPECT them to change. We can only hope that those who are smarter stop opening their veins in apology and try to work with the reality. Violence = bad. We need to stop making excuses and overanalyzing that which is obvious and deal with reality.

Plato's Republic.

Well yes we don't have any choice but to "deal" -- as I had stated earlier, the white race was/is backing a black man for president. How better can we "deal" than that? Then out of the clear blue whammo! We find out about these anti-white anti-america rally's being held on Sunday in black churches, and across the entire country you may depend. But of course, Obama and his "sweet" wife sat there in the pews and shook their heads "no no no" at such stuff. Uh-huh.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow the OP woke up! I hope you read all the posts sir. : )

Originally posted by BumbeniWell yes we don't have any choice but to "deal" -- as I had stated earlier, the white race was/is backing a black man for president. How better can we "deal" than that? Then out of the clear blue whammo! We find out about these anti-white anti-america rally's being held on Sunday in black churches, and across the entire country you may depend. But of course, Obama and his "sweet" wife sat there in the pews and shook their heads "no no no" at such stuff. Uh-huh.

It is not their fault. If a 5 year old runs his household and intimidates his parents, is it honestly the fault of the 5 year old? It is the fault of the parents. They have far far too many excuses for his bad behavior.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

WOW, just wow!! If that doesn't say it all I don't know what does. I knew he was borderline closet racist but dayum he laid it all out there in his OWN book.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
reply to post by gormly

Now there is a well written, non-emotional, reasoned refutation and criticism of my post.

Thank you for that.

If only I could always form an answer like that..

I don't for a second think that the last 60 years of US dominance that I often criticise (which makes me an "America Hater" apparently) will change no matter who is elected.

I don't think that makes you a "hater" but that word gets thrown around a lot in America, sadly for me, it is almost exclusively for conservatives when it comes to the human element.
(right wingers overuse it in terms of policy)

After a couple of days I have concluded that my premises may be flawed, my perceptions may be ill informed and my own politically based prejudices come into play but my conclusion that bigoted racist people will be coming out of the woodwork is proving accurate (just read this thread and others started since). No matter how I arrived at the conclusion, this thread has turned into a nice little "Honey Pot" and demonstration of my point.

Ok, see..
This is the thing, you post a video on Aliens and you get people who love 'em and hate 'em.
You post a rant on Christians and you get people who love 'em and hate 'em.
You posts on the end of the world and you get people who passionately believe it and who passionately don't believe it.

So what makes you think that posting a "Here Come the Black Haters?" thread won't bring out racists and non racists?

Seriously. You could have 75% replies to this post be outright racists and that is not an idication of racism in America, on this board or in general. All it tells you is that the thread brings out emotions in people it touches.

That's all.

Are there racists? Stupid question.
Will the racists be vocal? Even Stupider question.
Will they show up on a conspiracy board? Hardy har har. You don't need me to answer that.

Note: I am not bashing your post or calling you stupid :>

The point is that your original post was a LOADED gun.
You cleaned the barrel, added the powder, loaded the bullet, aimed it and took off the safety.

Now.. you are commenting on the fact that it went off?

I thank you for the original post because many responses made me almost pee my pants. It amazes me how some people can even breathe.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I agree with Gormly's well written posts.

I am not intrested in such loaded posts or damned if you do and damned if you dont. This is why I am so glad that someone designed a remote controller. There is so much of this useless drivel on the boob tube that it becomes a exercise in channel surfing to find something worthwhile to watch ..failing that ..turn off the box. Politics is closely following the same preconditioned predictable template...especially the entitlement template.

That becomes obvious when reading this thread.

As an American, I am not intrested in meeting the thinking, beliefs or expectations of the rest of the world. THe rest of the world and its entitlement mentality can just go on by.

Also concernng Eric50281's post on paqe 12..I agree with most of that template. There are a noticable number of people out here who measure everything by RACE. I think this is a very poor template by which to live ones life. I have noticed with some that it is most of what they have...RACE. I tire quickly of hearing about it...in the media, in public education and also of course politics. This awareness has caused me to look closely in examination to see the connecting threads in all three as a control mechanism to corral the public as a control mechanism...an emotional control mechanism.

I find myself not intrested in this template. I will vote my conscience ..my thinking process, my values..and not someone elses template superimposed upon me against my will and over my objections. Not by subtle coercion techniques...ie ..guilt conditioning.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is non-existent here, unless, I presume, you are of the same political leanings as the owners/administrators. Just about everyone who is anti-Obama is very low, or in the hole on points. I still don't get the point thing, like who gives a rats behind?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I see it on BOTH SIDES, sadly. You are correct in your assessment. Most in the US ARE racist, on one side or the other. (And I live here, was raised here.) But what we are unwilling -- or unable -- to see is that WE HAVE NO CHOICE! This is the Hegelian dialectic at work here; our "free society" and "two party system." Look it up! There is NO CHOICE but the choice THEY provide, only to make you think you are free. We have been programmed well. (Why do you think they call TV shows 'programs'?)

Aren't we supposed to be a "Christian" nation? What a joke... Who is ruler of this world? We in America tend to forget that this is NOT the Kingdom of Heaven, but the Kingdom of Satan. Who has the authority to place his people positions in high places... position of power? Can we not see this for what it really is?

Can we not even understand the words of he whom we claim to know, to worship? Our savior, whom most errantly call Jesus, which means Hail Zeus. (His real name is Yahshua, like Joshua but without the "J" as there was no J in the Hebrew language.) He told us who would come to rule this world shortly after he left, but apparently, we did not take him seriously and still don't...

See the game for what it is and realize just WHO your enemy is. The Bush-Clinton-Bush clan have sold our country out; globalists one and all, and whoever gets in the white house -- black or white, male or female -- next will do their bidding or will be taken down, just like JFK. So why get worked up over it?

What IS important now is that you see the enemy for who and what they are, who their boss really is, and realize that your relationship with your Creator (God/Yahweh) is of utmost importance in the coming days. The democrats will not save this nation, nor will Ron Paul (although a vote for Ron Paul clearly demonstrates righteous judgment on our part). For those who would like to understand more go to www.watchmanreport.com

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've gotta say that some of the language in the OP was imo a little bit incendiary.

Violence = "gun loving"? Sounds like hyper-liberal babble to me. Not to get stuck on the gun issue, but...yes, guns are pretty common but factually most crimes are committed with unregistered weapons (i.e. stolen, black market, etc.). It's pretty naive to lump criminal gun owners in with the law abiding. For example: Look at the gun laws in Washington, D.C. and look at the murder rate as compared to other areas with more Constitutional gun laws.

And as far as the rest of the world wondering, as you say, what took so long for a minority man to get this close to the presidency, well...that sounds a little self-righteous and misinformed.

I mean, where is the Jewish German President?
The female Prime Minister of Russia?
The black Prime Minister of the UK?
Peace in Northern Ireland?
An end to the genocide in Darfur?
And an end to the violent neo-nazis in Russia and Germany?

...is the rest of the world wondering what is taking so long?

Furthermore, should something happen to the current US president and vp...Secretary of State Condaleezza Rice ("black") is the third place in presidential succession. Ever hear of Colin Powell? He held the position and was "black" as well.

This is the position that was initially held by Thomas Jefferson. That should count for something...looks like progress to me (as far as race goes...opinions of job done are another issue). Are we all in the US ignorant regarding race? OR is maybe the "rest of the world" a little ignorant regarding US politics?

Basically, I find finger-pointing from other countries pretty funny because the US has THE MOST DIVERSE POPULATION ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. EVER. And we number just below 300 million.

So, of course every country has its problems. But, when someone in say England, with a population under 51 million and nowhere near as culturally diverse (as the US) despite being a wayyyy older civilization, points out flaws with the US...well, compared to what better situation exactly?

There is no country to compare the US to for a litmus test. I'm proud that the US has a LEGAL IMMIGRATION PROGRAM NEARLY AS LARGE AS THE REST OF THE WORLD 'S PROGRAMS COMBINED!!! (Not to mention our illegal immigration that numbers in the tens of millions as well).

Even if, say England, was the same size, etc., it still wouldn't have a corrupted, drug-ridden, third-world country as a neighbor as we do with Mexico. That complicates our situation as well. Would it be able to handle incorporating over 1.5 million ILLEGAL new residents a year? Legally, the US welcomed 11 million new foreign born citizens in the 1990s; over one fifth the popultion of England. Basically, legal and illegal immigration adds 2 LONDONS to our population every ten years.

That is a lot of people that will spend the rest of their lives learning about US culture. We are in a very real constant state of flux. More homegenistic countries (ALL countries when compared to the US) don't have the myriad "culture clashes", for lack of a better term, that we do.

Unfortunately, given the Human Condition, being the most diverse doesn't occur without complications. That's a "people problem" and the same, to varying degrees, worldwide.

My point isn't that with many races comes crime, etc. What I mean is that it instead does COMPLICATE things. For better or for worse throughout daily life.

And just to add, I've been physically attacked twice and racial slurs were shouted at me with these attacks. But like a lot of decent people in the US and throughout the world, I don't let a couple of negative experiences dictate how I perceive other races. All races have their idiots. All countries have their idiots. I'm not voting for Obama for the same reason I'm not voting for McCain: Because I'm voting for Ron Paul.

Personally, I don't let the idiots outshine the good people here or in other basically good countries. I recognize that an awful lot of people in the US are striving to make the world a better place, as in many countries, but I dare say more here than anywhere.

Frankly, given the horrible state of US media regarding competent reporting, I don't see how most people in the US let alone somewhere else, can get a sense of what it is really like here. There is corporate/political hype everywhere. Most people I know are immune to it by now...but it is scary that many throughout the world fall for our fake media's video feeds or take much of our hyper-ironical humor on face value alone.

Not to ignore the bad things, but once you start paying attention to the amazing positive things that are going on here, it is pretty awesome.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
He isn't BLACK he is ARAB. His father is 7/8th Arab anbd 1/8th African Black.

Just because he has dark skin doesn't mean he is BLACK. This is why he won't show his birth certificate.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Should Mr Obama be set as president on account of leadership, intelligence, communications, rationality... the things that may actually prove that he is a leader... he has a great opportunity to be a good president. If, however, he is merely a puppet for political correctness, do not doubt for a second that your (-once?-) great nation shall follow suit in the ways of Zimbabwe and South Africa.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I understand where you are coming from....I just think your question was wordly poorly......

I believe not that more racism will come out, it's always been here, but the media will pay more attention to it and bring it into the light more often. You will see more of individuals like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharton, Rev. Wright, etc on the 'black' side as well as the mid-west/down south 'white' preachers, the same ilk as Jerry Fawell. Whether the US media is fair in presentation of this issues is another thing entirely. The US media has not been an 'outside' observer for quite some time.

/.....then agian I could be wrong about your questions...then my response is.....What does one expect from America's hat?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder what was the true intent of the person or persons who started this thread.

When the election is over, if Obama is not the winner, I expect that the U.S. citizen's feelings will be divided just as they were after the O.J. Simpson trial. A large group of the Black population will feel that Obama was discriminated against by the White people. While, a large group of White citizens will feel that the election was fair.

Just look at the Bush vs Gore election. So many people still say that Bush stole the election from Gore. I believe that part of the accusations of foul play reflect the level of distrust that the average citizen has towards anyone who holds a position of authority.

The best thing that the media can do for this country from now and until the end of the year is to not write stories meant to stir up bad feelings toward whites or blacks. If there are 10 people protesting somewhere in this country, don't focus on them as if they represent the feelings of the entire country.

There have even been reports of TV reporters of days gone by, paying 5 to 10 people to do a celebration dance in the street and shooting in the air just to have a story to run on the evening news. The media is famous for reports aimed at stirring up the emotions of their viewers. It’s how they get you to watch every night.

If ATS continues to carry threads like this one, I will cut all ties with them and I hope everyone else will do the same! Don't give in to the media who are only interested in making money by stirring up fear and/or hatred.

D.Groover

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I have no problem with the Obama bashing, the guy is running for president of this country through his own volition thusly placing himself into the lime light! I don’t agree with a lot of it, but knock yourself out! What I am seeing however in many of the threads is that there is less about him as a person or a potential canidate than being up his African American heritage, and numerous racial sterotypes! Many of the threads start with some legitimate Obama bashing but QUICKLY transform into ignorant remarks about African Americans, inaccurate statistics usually crime stats, and complete stereotyping!

An example of this type of thread is the post by user "eric52081"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is someone who has obvious racial issues and whose comments on rioting in the US were ill thought-out and took very little to disprove! I have no problem with someone espousing their beliefs (even if radically different from my own) however distributing completely inaccurate information is basically lying! This is a person who’s posts involve beer, lowering the drinking age and distributing racially charged most importantly inaccurate information! Saying black people like to riot and destroy their communities is like saying all black people are on drugs, don’t have jobs, eat watermelon or fried chicken ect, ect, ect- it is a stereotype but more importantly degrading and racist! I really do not care how you try to wrap it up in Obama bashing! Calling Obama a racist is fine, put down some quotes with references and say what you will, but by then proving yourself to be racist is not helping your point! Within the thread one user makes the reply that African Americans don’t have the drive to go riot like that and will only walk to the mail box to pick up their government check! If that is your view, by all means go ahead but really why not just go on one of the many white hate groups web sites, where I am sure they can find many like minded people and we can get back to our UFO’s, conspiracies, prophetic predictions or debating the existence of cryptozoological species, without being bogged down in racially charged arguments!

I will add here that if Hilary won the nomination it would be just as bad but instead of racist comments there would be a slew of gender biased remarks, which are somewhat more socially acceptable than racist comments but no less ignorant!

Dr. T

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Now, without meaning to insult the entire US portion of the membership, I'll just say that the perception of many people outside the US (including myself) is that the United States is an extremely racist and violent (gun loving) place in some areas. Witness the Rodney King episode, the existence of the KKK, organizations like Stormfront, fiery rhetoric by preachers and ministers on both "sides" and many statistics like those on prison populations etc.

The stereotyping in your original post looks like the typical product of the average British mentality, the absolute giveaway is the nonsensical statement that "violent = (gun loving)" which is trying to suggest that only mass killers want to own guns - a typically British attitude.

As for being violent, I don't believe the UN agrees with you, as their statistics recently showed that the UK is now in point of fact the single most violent first world "nation", with a rate of violent assault that is approximately 3 times the US figure. But yes, you'll be happy to hear that we do shoot more people.

If I'm reading you right, you'll be only too pleased if Americans prove themselves to be the gun happy, inbred, black hating scum you so very badly want them to be.

Having lived in both countries, I can happily point out the location of the "scum" any time you like.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crazy Indian

OK here we go again... SO WHAT! What does this prove and the argument should not be well you know all the "Arabs" are terrorists, woman haters what else can you come up with! Yeah you are right that is probally why he won't show his BC not that it proves anything other than most of American are racist morons who can not get over skin color or hertiage!
YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT HERE IN THE USA UNLESS YOU ARE BORN HERE! Therefore what does it matter if his father (who by the way left the family when Obama was young, 8 I believe but look it up) hails from a middle eastern country? OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT IS PERSONAL FRIENDS AND HIS FAMILY HAS FINICIAL TIES TO THE SAUDIES! But I am sure that it has nothing to do with the current cost of gas though

[edit on 6/11/2008 by kupoliveson]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I don't think its an issue of black or white, it will always be white. In the masses it does not matter about there opinion, only to the extent of what they can get away from. If Osamba is the man for them, then they are connected. Now O can be used, also, black opts they call it. He can be used as a mind bender, for the American public. Eventually they will beg for an explanation, from the crafter. The Crafters have all the control, the media. To tell you the truth, O not Oprah, she wore it out. To me the cat in the bag will be the Vice, the next in line, if something terrible was going to happen (I got a buck to a dime, on every one of you The Bitch will rule) then his running mate would fulfill the obligation. I only got one thought on that, Assassinations. We Expect IT!...It seems that anywhere else in the world someone of a different color gets shot, its not really news. But in America, if someone that is not white, and even whites, get shot. Its unbelievable, as far as the hype is concerned. And if this was going to happen, and a lone gunman walked into a room, with a 22 cal. and the runner up of a party gets shot (from behind, with a different cal. gun) the officials will say, that, the guy in front of him shot that guy, even thou he was shot from behind. And you will believe it. Until someone tells you different, and then, then, it will be a problem to believe. We always act on our first impulse.......They know this.....they use this.....you are being used.... even at this moment in time...with a phony election.....because after the last two.....they know how to use it better......Ron Paul is a real man, a man who lives by the word of the constitution, and no American or any other Sovereign nation should give up there god given rights to liberty, and property and the enjoyments of ones labor. Taxation must stop There is no law on the books that force you to pay Income Tax. Protection, from the mob. The Government is all gansters.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join