It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come the Black Haters?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I could care less what color Obama is. I'm getting sick of accused of being a racist because my skin is white and I dont like him.

This is a very legitimate concern, and there is probably some of this going on. Just like there is a tendancy to think that white people that do support Obama are doing it out of "white guilt" or some such tripe.

The problem is, there are so many claims made regarding Obama that are absurd on their face, and/or have been completely debunked. Yet they keep coming up.

For example, there is no credible evidence that Michelle or Barak either one are racist white-haters. There are plenty of rumors and innuendo, but I at least have seen nothing credible.

Or the repeated questions regarding Obama's citizenship...

When these same discredited issues keep coming up over and over after being fully debunked, a natural question does come up: "Why do these people (not necessarily you, Dronetek) keep bringing up these discredited issues?"

When there are no identifiable, rational reasons for these same issues coming up over and over, then the less rational, "out-there" reasons start being considered, rightly or wrongly...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just want a good candidate that's all nothing else I just wish we could have gotten someone like Colin Powell one of Americas truly great sons...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic

I could care less what color Obama is. I'm getting sick of accused of being a racist because my skin is white and I dont like him.

This is a very legitimate concern, and there is probably some of this going on. Just like there is a tendancy to think that white people that do support Obama are doing it out of "white guilt" or some such tripe.

The problem is, there are so many claims made regarding Obama that are absurd on their face, and/or have been completely debunked. Yet they keep coming up.

For example, there is no credible evidence that Michelle or Barak either one are racist white-haters. There are plenty of rumors and innuendo, but I at least have seen nothing credible.

Or the repeated questions regarding Obama's citizenship...

When these same discredited issues keep coming up over and over after being fully debunked, a natural question does come up: "Why do these people (not necessarily you, Dronetek) keep bringing up these discredited issues?"

When there are no identifiable, rational reasons for these same issues coming up over and over, then the less rational, "out-there" reasons start being considered, rightly or wrongly...

The same goes for McCain, but there are no websites, media networks or threads to point it out.

As far as not seeing evidence of the Obama's possible racism? I have a hard time believing you would absolve McCain of racism if he attended an unapologetic white church that preached white values, for 20 years under a a white mentor. Or how about his statement about his own grandma and the fact shes a "typical white person"? I'm sorry, but I just don't see a white guy getting off so scott free.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

As far as not seeing evidence of the Obama's possible racism? I have a hard time believing you would absolve McCain of racism if he attended an unapologetic white church that preached white values, for 20 years under a a white mentor. Or how about his statement about his own grandma and the fact shes a "typical white person"? I'm sorry, but I just don't see a white guy getting off so scott free.

Actually, I would. I consider the freedom to hate anybody you (generic 'you') want, for whatever reason you want, as one of the freedoms of being an American.

One of my better friends is a blatant racist... he'll get up and leave the room if a non-white person walks in. I've seen it, multiple times.

I don't care.

Doing something based on that attitude is altogether different. That is when it moves from a freedom of one person to a constraint on another. My friend does not advocate or practice violence against non-whites, he just doesn't like them.

So if McCain turned out to be a flaming racist, that would be fine with me... it's not up to me.

Now, if McCain were president and started establishing policies and procedures that reflected that racism, that would be my problem, as a member of the board of directors of the US government.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I must sheepishly admit that one of the reasons I will not vote for BHO is his race. It's reason number 179 that I'm not voting for him. Some reasons I feel more important than that are #33 I hate the way he says UHmericuh. #57 He's too damn good looking #76 His middle name is Hussein.

Well that's a tongue in cheek post I've been wanting to write for a while now. I could easily vote for a black man for any office if qualified and I felt he had my interests in mind. However, if one looks at the governments of Atlanta, DC, Detroit, New Orleans, or Baltimore, one has to wonder if that same level of dysfunction and corruption would simply be taken to a grander scale. Right now the only black man whom I could in good conscious vote for President has wisely chosen not to run. I can't think of any black american who I would vote for who doesn't have some connection to the millitary (Collin Powell and Russel Honore are two I would like to see in public office).

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

well we all know who are all packed up in our prisons, the facts speak for themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

nobody that i've seen is accusing you of being racist because your skin is whtie and you dont like obama.

from what i've seen, they've accused you of being a bigot because you bash him for allegedly being Muslim like it is some sort of crime to be non-christian.

big difference

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

to anonymous:

white people actually portray a larger # of people in prisons.

Or didnt you already know that?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
According to the updated policy...

The Madness Ends Today

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join