It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Southhampton 01.06.2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I found this video on youtube, it looks interesting, uploaded June 4th, 2008

Poster says it was taken at 1430hrs, definetly not a plane. What could it be?

This is not the footage presented by Acidtastic, but could be the same object.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That is interesting...Hopefully some image experts chime in here. Looks triangle shaped.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's definately somehting that's not on the windsheild.
Strange that it's so pointy though. Maybe that some sort of military craft? It's like it's pianted a flat black.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Looks like a Ford Ka to me
But seriously it could be anything, a kite, Balloon, hand glider, remote controlled helicopter/plane. Could be something stuck on the other side of his sunroof. The video footage is terrible, It's difficult to make any sort of a conclusion with such poor evidence on display.

I think it's something conventional. Possibly a Moth?

[edit on 8uSunday08/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd say that is a classic black triangle sighting.

The reactions from the driver and her passenger sound very genuine.

I love the comment - 'maybe it's a satellite, or...'

Pure genuis...

Looking at that my guess would definitely be some kind of military aircraft - perhaps using stealth technology because of the colour and the shape - it does look matt black.

I'd be inclined to rule out a hoax - there is definitely something unusual and triangular shaped in the sky there. What it is though, I have no idea at the moment...

S&F'd

It is without a doubt a true UFO for me -
Unidentified - I don't know what it is...
Flying - Well, it's in the sky, ain't it...
Object - no comment.

Peace,

MSP:

[edit on 8-6-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nice video !

The speed of the vehicle and the reaction's also add some weight to this sighting being very, very genuine !

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It could be a kite!!! on the other hand, it looks alot like the craft that recently hit a fighter jet. I personly think these are UAV's. There was a report in the UK media that stated these would be used over roads to ensure smoother traffic flow (yeah right!!) more spying if you ask me. They will be flying over our houses before long. As for the fighter jet incident, you have to wonder why a technologicaly advanced spacecraft, piloted by a far higher intelligence, would have a prang with a jet. "OOPS!! sorry guy! it's my first intergalactic fying test".

link   
I agree Lee,

I'm trying to determine the size of it. My initial guess based on observations of craft I see quite often - is a little bit bigger that a typhoon.

Any other suggestions?

Peace,

MSP

link   
Looks like a microlight to me - see them here sometimes. Depending on angle and light you often only see the v shaped wing and not the capsule beneath it.

Something this this: www.ultralightnews.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Fair enough comment but it looks way too big to be a microlight to me - as well as being very triangular.

I also think that the colour points towards it being a military craft. I've never seen a microlight in 'stealth' matt black.

Still good comment dude,

Peace,

MSP

CX

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I live a few minutes away from this place, i know we've had a lot of microlights around lately but i must say none of them have looked like that.

Kites are big around here, there is a lot of coast and tons of open forest too. If that video was shot anywhere near where i think it may have been, there are a lot of kite festivals around this time of year. (Used to be a Power kiter). It will be handy finding out if there were any kite festivals on that day, in fact i'll take a look in a minute.

Those kite festivals have all sorts of amazing kites that range from the norm, to massive shapes you never have thought were kites.

I might be wrong, but that road looks like one of the road that takes you into Southampton, the docks are on your right and further across the water is Marchwood military port.

Good video whatever it is.

CX.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
CX,

Now that kind of attitude that makes ATS what it is... can't wait to see what you find out.

I still think it's very big though...How big do kites get?

Anyone agree with me...at all???

LOL

Peace,

MSP

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I live a few minutes away from this place, i know we've had a lot of microlights around lately but i must say none of them have looked like that.

Looks identical to one I sometimes see around here ..... Which I admit had me flummoxed first time I saw it!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Well, im no expert
But, form that vid, it looks lik a perfect triangle to me, also seams to be rotating slowly, i got the feeling it was sitting there and slowly rotating, nto actually 'flying' as such
pretty interesting, whayever it is

CX

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Cheers MSP

Unfortunately...or fortunately for those who hope it's not earthly....there does'nt seem to have been a kite festival in Southampton that day, theres a couple coming up towards the end of the month though around that very area.

Found this article from last month on our local news website.....

Mysterious object seen flying over Southampton

A cube shape this time, with multiple witnesses if you look at the comments at the botom of the page.

As for how big do kites come.......how longs a piece of string?

If you have the material, you can have any size you want. A lot of the kites on show at these places are custom made and you really can whatever shape you like. After attending kite festivals for years now, i really would'nt be suprised if many of the UFO sightings were kites.

Heres one of a festival, look at the typical kite shapes in the pic and tell me it would'nt be easy to mistake it for triangular craft. Thats just the normal kites.

Some circular ones could be a strange sight far off....

They go pretty big....

CX.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
CX,

Thanks for taking the time to drop the previous post.

I've never seen huge kites, so thanks for pointing that out.

So I guess that I'm in kind of a dilemma now - kite, or not a kite? LOL

I wonder if people practice in the area of kite festivals before them.

With regards to the photo in your local rag - that definitely looks like a kite to me, but this one - I just keep thinking about the colour - I'm like a dog with a bone.

Essan, I've seen loads of microlights and I just don't buy it that it's a microlight.

Very surprised more ain't posting on this one though.

Cheers, guys.

MSP

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

Nice find Camilo1 I actually like this one.

Perfect triangle and black as well, it seems to be rotating about it's axis and is at or just below cloud base by the way it gets partially obscured from time to time.

The rotation would lead me away from a microlight and a kite and the location is perfect, ie over a road, to align with the average BT sighting.

The circumstances also seem to add credence to a genuine sighting, ie it would have been easier to fake something from a stationary standpoint, it makes a nice change to get some daylight footage of a triangle as well.

It will be interesting to see if there are going to be any other sighting reports from this, monitering the UK reports would seem the way to go.

Anyway a star and flag is in order I think even if it turns out to be a damp squib.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
To high up to be a kite, also, and it isn't a windy day. Even if it was that high up, the angle caused by the wind would make it float at a deflected angle to the ground.

It isn't a microlite. Believe me, they're common around where I live. They crash a lot. And you wouldn't be permitted to fly one in such a built up area.

Size wise, it's similar to the 30-35 foot TR3-B - as per yesterdays refreshed post from the chap who says his daughter viewed one outside her room.

CX

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls

I wonder if people practice in the area of kite festivals before them.

If theres enough space to have a kite festival in a location, you can guaruntee kiters will use it regularly if they are allowed access.

The main ones around Southampton are open to the public, recreation grounds, commons, that kind of thing.

The only thing thats making me think it's not a kite is the way it's rotating.

Thats not to say kites can't rotate, i've seen massive wheel shaped kites before that are tethered to the ground, then almost at the actual kite there is a kind of spindle attatchment that allows the kit to spin freely.

I've not seen them used on small kites that are flown by a person, but i guess it could be possible.

Take a look at this short vid on Youtube, marvel at the incredible funny German guy at the start and see what i mean about rotating kites.

Flying wheels

Now imagine that on a smaller scale, with much longer lines attatched.

Then again, most kiters are pretty good as far as the rules of kiting are concerned. Usualy you would'nt have your lines too long, and i'm pretty sure there are laws about the length of kite lines due to the possible interference with aircraft.

Southampton has an airport nearby and planes fly pretty low over the area where this video was taken. So if it was a kiteflyer, he's not a clever one.

CX.

[edit on 8/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That is the same shape as the Belgium craft from the early '90s.

Watch the video again and you will see that low level clouds pass under the object.

Now here is a screen capture slice. Note the shape.

and this is the moment that low laying cloud passes underneath the object!

an awesome bit of footage this. Downloaded and saved it to hard drive. IMHO this is a classic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join