It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Southhampton 01.06.2008

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Pyramids?
I wish it was the Tardis....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It is my honest opinion after very close examination and study, that this video is not CGI and is of a real physical object.

Since this object I can not 100% identify, I am going to call it a genuine "unidentified flying object".

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
I'd say that is a classic black triangle sighting.

The reactions from the driver and her passenger sound very genuine.

I love the comment - 'maybe it's a satellite, or...'

Pure genuis...

Looking at that my guess would definitely be some kind of military aircraft - perhaps using stealth technology because of the colour and the shape - it does look matt black.

I'd be inclined to rule out a hoax - there is definitely something unusual and triangular shaped in the sky there. What it is though, I have no idea at the moment...

S&F'd

It is without a doubt a true UFO for me -
Unidentified - I don't know what it is...
Flying - Well, it's in the sky, ain't it...
Object - no comment.

Peace,

MSP:

[edit on 8-6-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]
my thoughts exactly.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
looks like a flying triangle.

Somewhat like this.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Jean Luc Picard]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It seems to be traveling in a circular pattern. A kite or balloon are the obvious things that came to mind but it looks like neither.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

It's the rotation of the object that peaks my curiosity. that and the fact that it is in the middle of the freeway, not a great place for a rotating kite. Plus what plane moves like that? even in that pic?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A while ago I got in contact with a person in australia who took an interest in some photo's I took of the sky above my house. We believe them to be chemtrails. But anyway, he Also mentioned triangular shaped drones, and he refered to them as "dogs". According to him they are unmanned drones. I will try to get his response and perhaps even some images.

If you're interested in the trails pics, you can check them out here (trails)

I will do my best to get some images of the "dogs"and post them here as soon as I have them.

Peace

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If it helps, and if it's the road i think it is (one of the main dual carraigeways going into Southampton past the docks), the speed limit is 50mph and the traffic is usualy pretty constant and flowing there so you'd keep at that speed.

Unlikely that they'd be speeding if they know the road as there are speed cameras dotted along it.

If i'm wrong on which road it is, then the speed limit is 30mph on most roads along there. I think it's just those main dual carraigeways that are 50.

If the owner of the video could confirm the location that would be great. Hopefuly someone a bit nearer could confirm the location.

The reason i thought it was this particluar location was because the dual carraigeway appears to go over in an slight arch, the same as the one i know. Also, in one part of the video, you see a church steeple on the left side of the car in the distance, that is exactly the same view as i get driving to Southampton. The crash bariers at the side of the road are the same and everything.

The church steeple would be around the Freemantle or Shirley area, just to the side of Southampton. So depending on the angle this was taken at, the ufo may not have actualy been over Southampton directly, might have been just over a bit.

In fact, having watched the video again, i see a pedestrian bridge/walkway going over the road at 0:21, i think theres a coule of bridges like that along that road and it's as you pass Totton on your left, you're still on the dual cararigeway leading into southampton but about 2 minutes before where i have been describing.

You watch, after all this rambling it will end up being somewhere totaly different!
That route just looks so familiar though.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Heres the webpage for the contact details of Southampton Airport, thats the nearest airport to the sighting.

Southampton Airport

Surely something would have been reported to them or at least shown up on thier screens? Anywhere around there would be near airport traffic which flies pretty low over the city and surrounding areas.

I've never phoned an airport for details on a ufo sighting, but would be happy to if anyone could give me advice on the best department to call and the "ettiquette" involved when enquiring into a matter like this.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This video has me stumped completely.

Like it's been said, the rotation is what does it, and I'm about 90% sure it's not CGI. What makes me think it's not a kite is that the rotation seems to be constant, no change in speed, if it's a windy enough day to fly a kite that high, we all know winds change in speeds, so the rotation would be inconsistent. Perhaps I'm wrong on this, I'm just kind of thinking out loud, anyone able to debunk that statement who has some credible experience?

The other thing that gets me is it does seem to be still, or at the very least I think we can agree it's moving slowly. I don't know of any known aircraft which are capable of hovering or moving that slowly other than helicopters, which that clearly is not.

So if it's not a kite, not an aircraft, and according to the people on this site, not a micro/ultralight (I have no idea what these are). It's definitely a UFO in the literal sense, so now it comes down to experimental government project, or alien?

If it was a government craft, I see no reason for them to be testing something like this at such a low altitude over a populated area.

If it's an alien craft, this puts some big questions in the air, no pun intended...

Has anyone broken the video apart looking for CGI yet?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
i dunno it might just be me but if i saw a ufo i would be a bit more compelled to stop the car and have a decent look and/or steady recording of it, rather then keep driving :S

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I've just phoned a lovely helpfull lady from the airport who said that although it does'nt sound like anything they would have at the airport there (in that there are no bizzare looking planes or air shows with wacky craft held there), if we had more exact time and date she would take a look at the aircraft tracking logs there.

Very nice of her.

It would be real nice to get the video poster on here. Would clear up a lot of things.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Delerium
i dunno it might just be me but if i saw a ufo i would be a bit more compelled to stop the car and have a decent look and/or steady recording of it, rather then keep driving :S

You definately can't stop a car on that road, theres not even a hard shoulder or emergency slip road there if it's the one i'm thinking of.

CX.

[edit on 10/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Delerium

Depending on where you are, the constable who writes your ticket for stopping in the middle of a freeway, will be quite amuzed.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
If it helps, and if it's the road i think it is (one of the main dual carraigeways going into Southampton past the docks),

I thought that at first but can't you see a church spire at one point in the vid? I was thinking St Marys? Are you thinking Millbrook?

Spire?:

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Xeros]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros

Originally posted by CX
If it helps, and if it's the road i think it is (one of the main dual carraigeways going into Southampton past the docks),

I thought that at first but can't you see a church spire at one point in the vid? I was thinking St Marys? Are you thinking Millbrook?

Aha! Someone who knows what i'm rambling about lol.

At first i was thinking the flyovers leading past the docks as you go through past Milbrook, you can look across to the docks and you have the Territorial Army place on the left. Just after that theres the car auctions place and then theres a turn off left towards Shirley. Theres a church on that turn off too. Then again, theres severeal dotted about that area is'nt there.

Theres a signpost on the left of the road in that vid which would be really good to see whats written on it. Would explain a lot.

Having said that, that bridge at 0:21 on the vid, it reminds me of the one as you drive along the main carraigeway there, and you've just passed the Totton turn off after the rushington roundabout, and you have the Eling recreation ground on your right? Theres a bridge for pedestrians right there.

Saying this though (bare with me on this lol), imagine you've just driven through Ashurst and have gone through those traffic lights that have been places in the middle of the carraigeway now. Continue and you drive along the dual carraigeway that takes you down to the Rushington roundabout before the Totton turnoff.

This long road before the roundabout, it could be there.

It's a pain because i got rid of my car a year ago so can't even drive down there.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
My geography is terrible unfortunately and I've lived here 12 years. I must have not noticed the churches before lol, but my first instinct was the millbrook flyover. I'll ask my bro as he drives...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It looks like the road going into southampton travelling east from totton with the royal mail martini factory on the right. The turn off is payne's road leading to the waterloo pub.

google map

[edit on 10-6-2008 by goalie39]

[edit on 10-6-2008 by goalie39]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ok....this i where people laugh once again at my editing skills which consist of Paint and squiggly lines.........

For those who know the area, heres an image of the exact area i'm thinking about on Google area.

This is an ariel view of the dual carraigeway (yellow roads) titled "Milbrook Road West at the bottom of the image there. For orientation purposes, as you follow the road up the page, the docks are on your right, city centre is further along the yellow road.

If i can talk you through the image and match it with the video, it will show you why i believe this is the area in the vid.....possibly.

At the bottom of the image is the the red circle numbered 1, as you can see there is a pedestrian walkway/bridge which i believe to be that at 0:21 on the vid.

As you go along the road, on the left is the next red circle numbered 2. This is the turnoff for Freemantle, the signpost for which you can see is shown at 0:29 on the vid.

Then lastly, the third red circle numberd 3 is Freemantle church, just a couple of hundred yards from that turnoff. This i believe is the church at 0:36 on the vid.

The spire shape seems to match too, the Freemantle "Christ Church" is the one i'm thinking of below....

The sequence of these landmarks on the map, compared to the video, certainly seem to match, but as i've said before this is just a best guess nd would dearly love the guy to come forwar to put me out of my misery with the location.

Also, the concrete road sidings/crash barriers are exactly the same on the vid at 0:35 as you can see all ong that road if you zoom right in on Google Earth.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Well done CX you can have a star for your intrepidness.

if we had more exact time and date she would take a look at the aircraft tracking logs there.

This from the youtube comment:

"My mate Dren has recorded that video last sunday about 1430hrs"

So we have the date 01/06/2008 and now the time, approx location looks good too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join