It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Southhampton 01.06.2008

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nice find! Indeed a strange sight going down the road.
I watched the video a few times. It does appear to be moving
and it does look like it may go over a low flying cloud but
that effect could also come from the "windscreen" being
fogged up as the camera/phone pans around to see.

"A satellite or..."

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The way it turns and rotates in the video seem to rule out microlight and kite in my opinion.Although i can't work out if the object is stationary or in motion.
The movement of the car is making it appear to be tumbling through the sky but who knows?
I always find the more angular the object, the more fascinating it is and they're becoming all the more common.
Southampton's becoming a bit of a hotspot!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
now this is nice, VERY NICE. Genuine reactions & genuine footage.

That things huge, literally. Its gliding through the sky in fairly high altitude. Notice there is no noise being emitted from the craft and towards the end of the video the object in question has gained some distance from the persons filming. Looks like some sort of black project craft to me, weather it be government or extraterrestrial, we will never know.

Any chance someone can get the larger raw file from the you tube poster for further analysis's?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Something similar was also seen close to the Boston area in Lincolnshire (U.K). I know few details except that a dark, triangular object with three lights, making no audible noise was seen on Saturday the 31st May 2008. I'd say they're probably related.

I will find out the exact area when I see the person whom told me about it. Meantime, perhaps someone else could provide more details.

Edit: The location is Bolingbroke, Lincolnshire, U.K.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Rapacity]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
this good footage, it definitely looks like its actually there.
i don't believe its cgi but if it is it's great work.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
yeah great footage, very believable as well.

my first guesses would be a kite or military aircraft.

if it was some sort of secret aircraft on a test flight though, do you think they would do it in daytime over a busy city?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Not to get everyones panties in a bunch, but this is very real looking.

Unlike some other obviously fake CG videos that everyone wants to run to Internos or somebody before looking at it themselves, this one has genuine possibilities. A lot of different things add up, and now would be a good time to "identify" it.

BTW it looks just like the black triangle my brother spotted once. (I just showed him)

S&F, good find.
Jason

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
That is the same shape as the Belgium craft from the early '90s.

Watch the video again and you will see that low level clouds pass under the object.

Now here is a screen capture slice. Note the shape.

and this is the moment that low laying cloud passes underneath the object!

an awesome bit of footage this. Downloaded and saved it to hard drive. IMHO this is a classic.

Every one I have shown the footage to goes 'Belgium, 1990's ' when they see it.

A black projects craft for sure, and over the uK in daylight ? awesomeness indeed.

Flagged.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Looks like a Ford Ka to me
But seriously it could be anything, a kite, Balloon, hand glider, remote controlled helicopter/plane. Could be something stuck on the other side of his sunroof. The video footage is terrible, It's difficult to make any sort of a conclusion with such poor evidence on display.

I think it's something conventional. Possibly a Moth?

picky are we?,
dude, I think this is great footage...

not anything stuck to the window as you can see both the window is up and down and at diff angles, even after he passes it and sticks the camera out of his car.

I thought it was really good footage.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Really really cool...Thanks for posting OP, I loved his reaction, I had to laught out loud, cause I'd assume thats what I would have said if I saw the same thing....

LOL Brilliant

1luv

JohnnyR

S&F

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
Looks like a Ford Ka to me

Nope it's a Peugeot 206. I'm 100% positive. I mean the car they're in.

Very good video.

A quick and dirty estimation of the size of the UFO. From the lines on the road it would be possible to get the car's speed. Let's say 72 km/h = 20 m/s. If the UFO is just hovering, not moving, and it is seen at 45° at the beginning of the footage, and again at 45° above the horizon at the end, around 40 seconds later, its altitude would be 400 m. Now what is the FOV of this camera? (Need info on camera model.) OK, maybe 30°, not zoomed. Then the size of the triangle is 4 m.

[edit on 2008-6-9 by nablator]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Really good vid. nice find OP. starred and flagged

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I was rather hoping you would post on this nablator.

When you say dirty how dirty do you mean, for instance I take it the 400m and 4m is in the middle of the estimate but what would you say are the minimum maximum figures just so I can get some idea of leeway here.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Good Find, and good capture. I noticed too that it was also rotating slowly. If it was a military craft, I can't see how it could get it to spin if it were triangular but if it were circular it would become less obvious from a distance away to see it spin. Not only that but even the fact of it losing control. The height looks to be at around 2000 feet.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Very quick and very dirty. Just guessing. There are so many unknowns and suppositions: the viewing angles, the UFO not moving (maybe), the FOV, the speed of the car (what's the distance between lines on the side of the road in the UK?), etc. With a lot of work, it could all be figured out accurately is all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Ok, fine, I appreciate your input by the way.

I was trying to find the cloudbase for Southampton on the day in question but tracking down historical Met for just over a week ago is proving just left of impossible.

In the video it looks overcast so it could be quite low but clearly a better figure for altitude would help a lot.

I guess the quickest root to some of this information would be to contact the videographer but I am not registered at youtube and I hate joining sites for the sake of one email, Camilo1 or anyone how about it ?

sty

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
it is easier to start by what it could not be haha..
not a delta-plane

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've seen Ultralights here in Miami Florida. There is a guy that flies one of those all the time. Sometimes an Ultralight can have a triangular shaped wing like a hanglider. It's not a true delta wing. The Ultralight, at least here in the US, does not have the horsepower needed for a delta wing. I might be wrong though. I'm not a aviation engineer.
And also most ultralights are not supposed to fly above a certain altitude depending on weather and what not. At least here in the US.

FAA Ultralight Regulations

A kite? It's possible, I've seen triangular kites before. And they can twist and turn in the air. Though normally those have entended trailing edges . Doubt it was a triangular box kite though. Those tend to have a hole in them.

Out of curiosity here is something interesting I found that could be a plausible explanation?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I have sent a YouTube message to the videographer wierzbickidavid. Hopefully we'll have answers tomorrow. It's bed time in Europe. Good night.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by sherpa

I have sent a YouTube message to the videographer wierzbickidavid. Hopefully we'll have answers tomorrow. It's bed time in Europe. Good night.

Thank you nablator I appreciate your time, same time here of course but I will linger a little longer
Goodnight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join