It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Southhampton 01.06.2008

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
You are correct CX. I drive that road at least twice a week. Infact Im going to be driving on it tonight.

Just seems strange that nothing was said about it locally. No pub talk whatsoever.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by CX

Well done CX you can have a star for your intrepidness.

if we had more exact time and date she would take a look at the aircraft tracking logs there.

This from the youtube comment:

"My mate Dren has recorded that video last sunday about 1430hrs"

So we have the date 01/06/2008 and now the time, approx location looks good too.

Thank you for that.

I'll see if i can get anything from the airport with that info. Not that i'd expect them to say so even if they did have any data on it, but it's worth a try.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ok, just waiting for a call back now.

The lady took the info and said she would go through the tracking logs for me.

She said however the info it would reveal would be of aircraft from that particular airport that would have been in that are at that particular time.

She did say though, that if there was an aircraft that was'nt thiers and they picked it up on thier tracking gear, she could tell us what kind of height it was at but not much more than that i'm afraid.

She said this was definately the first they had heard of it.

I'll get back if i hear anything, i'm not holding my breath though. Not the airports fault i guess, even if they tracked something, unless anyone saw it themselves from the airport, all they woiuld have is a blip on the screen with no other info.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by goalie39

Just seems strange that nothing was said about it locally. No pub talk whatsoever.

Yes I would like to see another report from this sighting, it would be good to present it to what ever the local rag there is around Southhampton, it is much better than anything The Sun has ever publicised, and they usually like to run with this sort of thing and it could bring forward other witnesses.

If we could talk to the videographer that may be a suggestion.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I believe that ATC, (Air Traffic Control) is pretty focused by necessity these days to cope with the volume of traffic so anomalies are only of interest if they are in danger of conflicting with current air traffic.

Also I have read that the software used is shaped this way aswell just so the operators work load can be eased.

Of course I am assuming that Southampton conforms to modern standards though.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just spoken to the newsdesk from the local rag (Southampton Echo) and the lady found it as interesting as we do.

She'd not heard of this one, however said she'd look into it as there they had been looking into a few of these things lately. (Not quite sure what that meant but i'm guessing it was general sightings.)

I also gave her a heads up to ATS, so who knows, we might even get a mention in the local rag.

CX.

[edit on 10/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Nice work CX its nice to see people getting involved.

i wonder what she meant by this

she'd look into it as there they had been looking into a few of these things lately.

maybe that "craft" has been spotted before?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by miguelbmx]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Regarding the rotation of the object, i'm finding it hard to see exactly how much it's rotating due to the shaky camera, however i was wondering if any of the rotation could be down to the fact that the road on which the car is driving is curved?

Whilst the car turns slightly to negotiate the road curve, the object would apear to turn on camera would'nt it?

CX.

[edit on 10/6/08 by CX]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
Nice work CX its nice to see people getting involved.

i wonder what she meant by this

she'd look into it as there they had been looking into a few of these things lately.

maybe that "craft" has been spotted before?

Maybe this is what she means........go to thier homepage and type in UFO in the search box up the top of the page. A few objects have been seen around here apparently.

Daily Echo

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Not sure if my info helps as soton is my birthtown but I have since moved to Western Australia .
The road in question is the A3024 (Millbrook road E - just before it turns into Mountbatten way) heading in a easterly direction (towards town centre) and is a 50mph zone. The point where the 'object' is witnessed is just at the junction of Paynes road.
Whilst I lived there, I saw more and more 'strange' things in the sky with each passing year.
I also posted on this thread below about a similar looking object;-

click here

EngTR

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Damn CX your doing such a fantastic job I am seeing stars again

This Sighting was covered in a thread on ATS but it was to weird for me to offer any input.

Regards the rotation, there was the nagging thought at the back of my mind that it may be an optical illusion because of it being videoed from a moving vehicle and a wandering camera but I don't know how this could be proved one way or the other.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wow thanks for that EngTr

I read the thread you mentioned and this bit interested me greatly..

The other thing I saw recently before I moved over here was a strange light that came in low and 'sunk' into the military base at Marchwood. No CAA navigation lights on this thing. A few minutes later it rose up over the base and shot across the city at high velocity. Certainly no helicopter !.

Definately worth looking into further, i thought it was just ships and transport stuff there.

CX.

[edit on 10/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
CX, you are correct, the Marchwood base is just a port for military use. The light I saw was unusual to say the least.

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EngTR
CX, you are correct, the Marchwood base is just a port for military use. The light I saw was unusual to say the least.

Does indeed seem strange.

Well i've just emailed the founder of the Southampton UFO Group asking if they have heard anything. I also asked if maybe he could pop in here and give some input.

Just waiting for a reply.

Can't really think of anyone else around here to ask, so time to go find something to eat!
(It's that unusual for anything exciting to happen around these parts, when something does happen, everything else goes out of the window......including the basic need of food!)

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok, just found a few odd things:

Right at the beginning of the video, there is a ring in the clouds. See image below.

Then about 0:16 to 0:17 you can see another ring, but this 0ne seems to grow larger in a very small amount of time. It could just be the camera zoom that makes it look like it gets bigger, but its odd.

At first I thought it was a type of lens flare. But if you watch close the UFO seems to fly right next to it, and pass it. Lens flares usualy follow camera shake because the flare is on the camera lenses, and this seems to be fixed in the sky.

I looked around for other examples of "cloud rings" but could not find much information besides a type of cloud called cirrostratus clouds. These are known to be around 20,000ft in the air and make ice crystal halos. Since the UFO seems to fly next to, and through clouds, maybe this could give us a height measurement?

...still examining the video...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well I'm wandering through Southampton almost every morning, so I'll be sure to keep my eyes on the sky.

Most I've ever seen is a homeless dude shouting and vomiting off the John Lewis building, not exactly thrilling stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
its similar to belgiums ufo in 1989

[edit on 10/6/08 by Jean Luc Picard]

[edit on 10/6/08 by Jean Luc Picard]

CX

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Regards the rotation, there was the nagging thought at the back of my mind that it may be an optical illusion because of it being videoed from a moving vehicle and a wandering camera but I don't know how this could be proved one way or the other.

Ok don't laugh at my experiment methods, but i've just sat in my swivel chair, and held a triangular piece of paper up above me, then slowly swivelled my chair around clockwise to simulate taking a gently right hand bend in the car.

The ufo/paper triangle also rotated clockwise as i turned the chair.

On the video, the object rotates in a clockwise as the car travels along the road, which i have said already....and you can see on the map image i posted...bends round to the right.

Therefore i am hazarding a guess that the majority of the rotation is from the motion of the vehicle and camera operater, rather than the object. Maybe if the object was spinning faster i might think differently.

Please correct me if i'm wrong there.

CX.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
When I keep my eyes on this ring:

...at first its there, and then the camera shakes, and then its gone.

I'm going bring back the possibility of CGI, and study the image more.

reply to post by CX

Your rotation experiment/explanation sounds accurate to me.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The shape looks like tetrahedron (upside down pyramid). Could be a smaller balloon that is stray.

Hopefully it is unmanned, because it spins pretty "fast" for a flying object. Any pilot would probably feel pretty nauseous with a ride like that

Good find though, reminds me a bit about the spiky Brazil UFO.

Tetrahedron balloon, pictures are for illustration only

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join