It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Witness2008

The member didn't get that right. He was blowing smoke to confuse things, just like ironman is now. There seems to be a real effort by some folks to cause this to go away, and the harder they try, the sloppier they get.

Going as far as Ironman did is a bit disturbing. Me thinks something is very strange with this picture.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

NG, when I saw the first post by BoulderMD, my first thought was: Why is he telling me all this? By no means am I defending posting personal info, but the post was akin to handing your drivers license to a policeman and telling him to check you out. Unfortunately, some did.

Now, I did look for an accident. Found nothing. And emailed a reporter in Boulder asking about the accident. I think that reporter posted earlier in this thread as an Anonymous and reported finding nothing.

So we seem to be at an impasse. The only focus we have is the four posts he made.

We know:

He's obviously a male
He works in a community hospital in Boulder, CO
He was working in the ER this weekend

He claims:

To have treated a patient with a scalp laceration from a multiple victim accident
The patient mentally violated his comfort zone
He is seeking verification/information regarding this incident

This is the gist of what we have. We can add to it if anyone wants.

Now, I have to ask myself, in all honesty, what would his motivation be for wanting to continue this particular discussion at ATS?

Would that be fair in your thinking NG?

[edit on 6/6/2008 by garyo1954]

[edit on 6/6/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

It was a hoax...it couldnt been clearer unless the hoaxer just outright came out and said it was

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by alienj

You are missing the point of the exercise here.
Can you prove it was a hoax?

What proof do you have to offer? Is there any evidence that can be verified?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

lol i was part of the debunking of BoulderMD...i can assure you i am not disinfo agent !!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
the guy is not a ER Doctor or an er nurse no way no how.

i like to know what he is and how much of the story is true and if it really happend and this guy is telling us

but boulder md is not a doctor nor a nurse it is so easy to see

it is impossible that he is a ER doctor or er nurse

Not possible he gave himself away so clearly.

again is the story true in the sence and is he telling it for someone or is he an IT geek at the hospital.

is this a hoax yet????? confirmed????

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by airborne82ndscout
the guy is not a ER Doctor or an er nurse no way no how.

i like to know what he is and how much of the story is true and if it really happend and this guy is telling us

but boulder md is not a doctor nor a nurse it is so easy to see

it is impossible that he is a ER doctor or er nurse

Not possible he gave himself away so clearly.

again is the story true in the sence and is he telling it for someone or is he an IT geek at the hospital.

is this a hoax yet????? confirmed????

Why are you so dead set on believing this guy isnt a doctor? You know doctors are people to? Just because they arent perfect or exhibit doctor behaviors means that he is not a doctor.

I used to work at a hospital and had a few ER doctors as close friends, they are just like you and me!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Don't know if it is the case here but paperwork in some police departments isn't known for it's ability to move quickly. It might take a week or ten days to get into their system. This is based on a large city where I know a person who works with the local PD.

I say this in case that is required for it to show up in other sources of reporting. (stats, etc) One would think a multiple vehicle accident would be in the news but who knows what the news outlets there were focusing on that day. If a report hasn't shown in another day or two then one would have to wonder.

In our small town, all police activity is in the paper so I would think that it is publicly accessible information.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I really wish the debunker's associated with the debunking of this story would have at least waited till the story was completed.

Stalker mentality really!

You think he will ever post here again? You think we will ever hear the rest of the story?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Folks, I work for a newspaper - and I called Boulder Community Hospital and spoke with their Security Supervisor. There was no incident on the night of May 31st or any other night. Hoax - case closed.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
in a town of less than 100,000 people things dont take that long . and a multiple victim car crash would make the paper the next day or the day after . boulder , co is not a very large place and not a lot of major accidents will slip by without them being taken notice of . so thats highly doubtful .
this md story is so far fetched that debunking shouldn't come first , the proof of it happening should be first . and so far there has been nothing said or shown to anyone here that is proof of anything and this still stands as just a story and nothing more . anyone here can claim or take pictures of medical equipment and clothes just like the op did . start with the first thread and work your way forward and you'll clearly see that i did that myself but yet nobody thinks that i am telling the truth . and why is that you ask ,,, because i didn't come first with that creative story . but i did show and state pretty much the same evidence that the op did . come on people do you actually think that this guy would stop now after telling us what he already did if it were more than just a story line ???

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

yes just wait until the movie comes to a theater near you .

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A real doctor wouldn't give so much information, medical confidentiality is sacrosanct in this business. Doctors are more worried about a lawsuit than trying to convince people on a public website. That's why I don't believe a bit of it.
He probably thought that the more information and exotic jargon he used the more credible he'd be, but guess what dude- it backfired. When something can be investigated it will be.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
He probably thought that the more information and exotic jargon he used the more credible he'd be, but guess what dude- it backfired. When something can be investigated it will be.

Exactly! If he had just told the story, focused on the STORY and perhaps mentioned the context in which the story happened briefly (i.e. I am a ER doctor and one night this accident victim came in) none of this would have gotten so out of control.

The whole thing began to sound like an overworked, badly written piece of fiction. He should have just kept it simple and minimized his own ego involvement. Some people might have gotten irritated that more predictions were not shared but a lot of us would not have taken much interest.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just wanting to note a few things here.

1) I really doubt BMD will be back to post.Now there's two ways to look at that. Either he feels trapped by his statements and fears more information would lead to him being caught out as a hoaxer, or, he's not interested in proving anything to this board and regrets originally posting in haste while he was still shook up. I can't say which,as there is a case to be made either way.

2) I'm not really in contact with him, I'm just the one he chose to share the "prediction" with for verification. Any question someone has for him would be as likely seen right here as anything I can do.

3)Even if somehow one of you proved fakery, it's not up to me to label this thread. Labeling is done at a much higher level than a moderator. Calling for that type of a measure is something that needs to be addressed to the ATS Admin, not me.

4) Closing the thread. The other thread was closed while T&C issues were sorted out, and because some of that had to do with privacy, it took a while. Meanwhile, this thread was made, and since it's up and running strong, and has links back to all the original material, why open the old one back up? So everyone posting here can go back there and give thread points to a member that won't answer? So this one stays open, that one stays closed.

5) Ironman is cool. A person that makes a mistake and changes is cool in my book.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Now imagine a real doctor has a real story and sees this, he/she might be turned off to say anything because of this fiasco. Shame because in this profession, I am sure they see a lot of strange things.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

I apologize HaTaX. I was just a little miffed at the poster who I believe was just pouring some gasoline on the fire. I'm also a gamer and a lot of the younger 'kids' tend to spell their handles like that - multiple instances of pwnage tends to make one bitter lol. Sorry again man, I let my temper get the best of me.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
[edit on 6-6-2008 by Faith628]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by Faith628
I see alot of acronyms like OP and MD. What do all of these mean? Sorry about my off topic post, but is there a thread I can look up to brush on on these?

OP = Original post or poster

MD is the short name of the person who posted the topic under discussion...BoulderMD.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate your help.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 2poochmama

How about this, it is NOT HIPPA it IS HIPAA and that is from a medical professional. See I am a nurse, and a doctor would know how to spell HIPAA right. So guess what, all the arguing over this guy shouldnt be.. He isnt a doctor, a doctor would know how to spell HIPAA!!!! Also it doesnt matter how you rationalize it he would be violating HIPAA just by posting it here. Like I said I actually am a medical professional, I even teach CPR and MA's, so trust me I know what I am talking about.

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by alienj

You are missing the point of the exercise here.
Can you prove it was a hoax?

What proof do you have to offer? Is there any evidence that can be verified?
See my above post, and if you are going to say it was a simple spelling error, well you have that right but you will be wrong. You see HIPAA is one of those things everyone has heard of but FEW understand. You would think it would be spelled HIPPA but surprise its not, its the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act. So when people try to SOUND smart and talk of it they usually spell it HIPPA, because they dont know, anyone worth half a cent in the medical industry KNOWS how to spell HIPAA.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by shug7272]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join