It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I just read the entire thread started by the "BoulderMD" who encountered a person/thing/being in his ER one evening.

THis was truly a great story but as someone who is a medical professional I have found some odd things about his story. The first thing is that he said at the beginning that he was not going to reveal if it was a he or a she but then as he told his story he kept referring to the patient in the male gender.

Regarding the HIPPA rules, he did violate HIPPA because:

1. He told everyone where the hospital basically is (that being Boulder Colorado) and furthermore invited anyone to call around and ask for a policy of "encore values" for validation.
2. Stating that patient had been involved in a car accident and the resulting scalp laceration.
3. THe admission later in the thread that this was a 'male' patient by referring to the patient as him and 'his'.

Lastly, if the patient had a scalp laceration, went for imaging studies, etc, he had to be touched at some point. The doctor that treated him must have sutured his laceration if he was the attending physician; so I am confused as to why he did not want to be touched at the time he spoke to him. This was very strange to me.

Otherwise, kudos for a great story!

Suggestion: Perhaps he should let the administrator here know some of the predictions in confidence and then if they come true the adminstrator can tell us!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Are you sure you read the whole thing, or did you skip through it? Everything you stated was either aleready stated or answered in the thread. That's what got me started was the fact that the doctor said he could not tell if "he" was a woman or not, but would call the patient "he".
If you are a medical professional, you know that this is unheard of. You have to dtermine sex, if nothing else, to ask if they might be pregnant or nursing. Besides, who wouldn't ask? No one I have ever worked with in the ER would have a problem asking if you were male or female.
There are other holes in this, but it was determined this guy was a fake and the thread closed, so I guess it's on to the next one.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I was really hoping that the OP was on the up and up and that the thread would continue. Was it PROVEN to be a hoax or did the flaming just get out of hand and therefor the thread closed?

I'm still curious about the predictions ... not losing any sleep over it but still curious.

Jemsion

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I did read the whole thing. I think that the fact that he did not identify the patient as male or female at the beginning is the least of the problems with this post.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

Are you sure you read the post right? He didn't mean he literally couldn't tell if the patient was male or female, he meant he couldn't disclose to us what the
sex of the patient was.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We shouldn't really judge and yell HOAX!! You never know whats really going on in the world. I personally find his story convincing considering the fact that alot of weird things are happening in these turbulent times.
The only way to know if its true is if he says the predictions. If he doesn't then obviously most of us wont believe him.

I hope he reveals the predictions and more about his story though. It would be interesting. (He's a great writer I've got to admit)

Love and Light
All-Natural

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The thread's on hold while some things are looked into. Apparently some rules were violated by either the OP or another ATS member.

After having read the thread last night and posting my thoughts on page 9, I had a revelation this morning. It sounds like a story devised to hype the upcoming movie 'The Happening' by M. Night Shyamalan.

It's obvious by the trailer and movie synopsis that Shyamalan is aware of current popular conspiracy theories, and may well be a member here (or at least a reader).

This could very well be a marketing ploy designed by the production company's writers (or Shyamalan himself) to hype up a freaky similar storyline. They may feel they need to do this after reading comments on Youtube about the trailer. Many say the movie looks 'stupid' and 'underwhelming.'

The Happening is set to be released next Friday regardless, and I'm sure they would like to at the very least make their money back on the project - so every little bit helps (that includes a few people whose interests were sparked by a freaky story in the internet.

Wiki site: en.wikipedia.org...(2008_film)
Trailer: www.youtube.com...

There are a few clues as to why I think this:

First and foremost he randomly mentions 'osteogenesis imperfecta' which of course is the bone disease which crippled Samuel L. Jackson's character in 'Unbreakable.'

He mentions a green book. The original title of the spec script for 'The Happening' was 'The Green Effect.' Is that reaching? Maybe, but Shyamalan is subtle in his exposition.

He played a doctor (Dr. Hill) in 'The Sixth Sense,' and I'm sure he learned a few things to give his performance credence.

The film is set to be released June 13, 2008 (that's Friday the 13th). That's just over a week away. He specifically stated he's be back in about a week to reveal more.

His most successful films revolve around intuition - this story seems to be right up his alley.

And, it was well written. He is primarily a writer. He knows people in the business that could definitely give it a Shyamalan-istic feel, especially if he doesn't have time for peripheral marketing hype.

Lastly, it just feels like fiction. The dialogue and exposition is written by someone who understands character & story development and narrative - by someone that understands their audience. How do you think the OP found ATS within a few days of having this experience? Obviously the OP had been here before - you don't just Google 'I want honest opinions about my freaky story' and then go straight to ATS.

I agree, we can't yell 'Hoax' yet, but just be aware that this may be a set-up to have a big opening weekend for a movie.

[edit on 4/6/08 by Evasius]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I might just point out here, for all those who find a fault to the thread made by MD, that the ability to express oneself in readable prose does not mean one is a writer, per se.

I happen to be a backwoods hick living in the hinterlands of the "Natural State", where the biggest question in many court cases revolves around whether she's still your sister, and allowed to family reuninions, after the final divorce decree.
Yet I manage to put forth understandable sentences, sometimes even whole ideas.

Occupation, background, location; all are all poor determinants for the ability to express one's self. And they are most assuredly not criteria for reaching a logical conclusion as to the truthfulness of online posters.

Just something to chew on.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
All six posts in the aforementioned thread, authored by ThEsEnTiNeL have been deleted.

I dont think I have seen this occur before. Edited and replaced yes, but deleted?

Whats going on here?

CT

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
hippa doesnt matter here

most of us dont give two craps about hippa really you know that we all know

ok your a medical professional

read his whole story closely and see how he writes and what he assigns important and not.

100% impossible to be a doctor and no way does he work the er as a nurse either.

my guess if he is in the hospital he is in support and not medical.

like i said he is fishing for subject matter for a screen play and or book he was hoping others would contribute such stories he could use.

if anyone is a md, a pa, ARNP, rn, lpn they know this guy isnt even close to having credibility.

he simply is not a doctor everything else is irrelevant.

maybe at the most he is recounting a story from some real er dr

Any DR here or trained PA, or special Opps medical person who is trained under the physician model can spot this guy super quick and easy.

he is not a doctor and i wish he come clean because what if his story is true and like i said he is telling it for a real er doctor.

Did this really happen is the question, is this guy a doctor 100% no but did this story really happen??

Chris

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
All six posts in the aforementioned thread, authored by ThEsEnTiNeL have been deleted.

I dont think I have seen this occur before. Edited and replaced yes, but deleted?

Whats going on here?

CT

Well the member has now been banned so I guess it was a hoax after all. Maybe he saw an advanced screening of "the happening"

Looks like a good movie anyway

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Evesius.

hell yes very good you are a genius is it m. Knight himself??????

sounds like some viral marketing campaign or publicity stunt to creativly create a buzz for the movie.

i was the first to laugh out when he said osteo genisus imperfecta

i said comone please that was in unbreakable.

i know he isnt a doctor and you i think has seen the rest.

what are these possible rule violations they are investigating??

anyway you are a genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ThEsEnTiNeL was banned and his posts deleted because he posted personal information about the OP, hospital name and location, along with his full name. I won't go into detail about it, but if you're a bit of a sleuth you can actually find his name and such fairly easily from the information in that suspended thread, and a little searching of the "woefully whacked-out web." I really doubt they'll open that thread back up, but who knows, maybe he will send the mods a prediction and we can go from there.

Also, remember it's HIPAA, not HIPPA. Pretty much everyone gets that wrong, I called it HIPPA for the longest time and I have been through quite a few training seminars and such for it!

Sounded like a pretty sensational story and I for one would like to know if it's a story, or really true. Some things in life are just hard to swallow, that doesn't make them any less true, just more open to scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

ThEsEnTiNeL was banned

No problems with his banning.

and his posts deleted because he posted personal information about the OP, hospital name and location, along with his full name

But since when has this been happening. I dont think I have ever seen a post deleted. Edited yes, removed and replaced with a banner, yes, but not deleted.

CT

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well the member has now been banned so I guess it was a hoax after all. Maybe he saw an advanced screening of "the happening"

Looks like a good movie anyway

The OP was not banned though, was ThEsEnTiNeL the person who put up the OP’s personal information? AS to why the post are gone, that is most likely due to him being temporarily placed on Global Ignore until they get all the stuff out of his post that violated the T&C.

As to what everyone is mentioning about Hippa, there is nothing in hippa that prevents the OP from telling us the predictions. All that Hippa states is that he cannot tell us the person’s personal information or any medical details about that person. They also can restrict letting you know if a person is at a specific facility, especially if it is something that will indicate what medical issues that the person may have.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Whats going on here?

CT

He posted the OP's personal information before it was deleted. That is why the thread was closed.....because some self important A-hole had to go above and beyond the rules of the forum.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

But since when has this been happening. I dont think I have ever seen a post deleted. Edited yes, removed and replaced with a banner, yes, but not deleted.

CT

He is on Global Ignore, I’m pretty sure.
His post will show back up after awhile with the pertinent information deleted out.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I thought the story was pretty good and I didn't catch anything that specifically screamed hoax (other than the subject matter). But then I am not a medico.

I hope BoulderMD comes back and posts the predictions as it will be interesting to see. I am not sure a warning about something in physics is particularly a big stretch though given the LHC firing up. People are expecting big things from it anyhow.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

He is on Global Ignore, I’m pretty sure.

You appear to be correct. None of his posts in any threads are appearing.

His post will show back up after awhile with the pertinent information deleted out.

Got it, but still dont see the reason for it.

Mods could have easily edited his posts in that thread by now and he is already banned so there is no risk of him doing it again.

CT

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

In my experience here on ATS, they put people on GI if there is an incident until the PTB decide a course of action to take with the poster, and are talking with them via U2U. It might be something as simple as the levels of administration ability. So perhaps any Mod can place someone on GI, then they have to leave it up to a Super-Mod or higher to impose the banning. Someone probably just has forgotten to remove the GI, or they are still talking with the person via U2U to decide whether or not to make the ban permanent.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join