It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Ah, and I can see the sharks circling already. Always room for more! Well met, maria, and welcome!

Remember the unofficial motto: "The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife".

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

You were awesome in your very first debate.

Welcome to the club.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks Skyfloating! In the words of the inimitable semperfortis: "I was robbed!!! Robbed I tell ya!!!!"

Note to self: when raising the bar, and you want the win, be sure to eventually bring it crashing down loudly enough that the judges hear.

Ah well, I'll go sulk into my morning coffee now...

Seriously, thanks again, and congrats MemoryShock -- there's yer two points for ya!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Seriously, thanks again, and congrats MemoryShock -- there's yer two points for ya!

Thanks, Ian...it was a great battle.

You took a route that I wasn't expecting and have to say that it was, for the most part (in my opinion) pretty stout.

What I am mildly confused on is why you didn't make use of MK_ULTRA to illustrate that the CIA may not have the American public's best interest in mind....thusly showing that they need to be punted the heck out of dodge decades ago...

I am not second guessing....merely curious. It was a bullet that I am glad that I didn't have to try and evade...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Lalalalalala .....

Still looking for someone to debate me on the State of The Economy!

C'Mon ye' pansies! Someone surely has the nerve to challenge me??

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'd have a go at ya, but I am promised to TheVag....

My dance card is punched..

Semper

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay RockPuck! I am ready when you are!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Do we have a RockPuck and TruthWithin Challenge Match confirmation?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Yes, yes indeed we do.

I was afraid he had fallen off the face of the Earth, or else, rather dreaded facing me!

Bring it on Truth!

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Alright...you guys should hammer out a specific topic, stances, and any other details. Since u2u is out, no place like in thread...

Oh...and when would you like to start?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Let's start as soon as truth is willing. I will take any stance on the economy to which Truth feels more comfortable debating.
I may be putting my self at a disfavorable position, but ah well. I prefer the challenge.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ready and willing. I like the economy! Sounds good. Any ideas?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I am not second guessing....merely curious. It was a bullet that I am glad that I didn't have to try and evade...

Woulda opened up the debate to moral judgment -- hard to build an objective case there -- recall the "the Soviets are doing this, so we'll need to defend against it" point (pragmatic counter). Also, there's lots and lots of other shady stuff elsewhere in gov, so it could easily be said: 1) "everyone's doing it", or 2) the public supports it (contrast to current East EU prisons).

Besides, you were expecting that approach.

Thought it best to focus on a case that was definitely CIA-specific, so I could keep you curtailed on scope. Really thought I had you when you agreed with my statement "My opponent and I agree that this unacceptable, that reforms must be enacted, and that the CIA, as it exists and acts today, cannot be allowed to continue."

Guess my tactic of standing solid on elimination and getting you to argue heavy reforms yourself worked too well -- seems the judges thought my burden of proof was for elimination, too.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Woulda opened up the debate to moral judgment -- hard to build an objective case there -- recall the "the Soviets are doing this, so we'll need

Got it. That makes perfect sense...

Really thought I had you when you agreed with my statement "My opponent and I agree that this unacceptable, that reforms must be enacted, and that the CIA, as it exists and acts today, cannot be allowed to continue."

I saw that...you dragged me in by explicitly stating our agreement, so I had to interact with that statement....but a statement to the negation would have been kind of inconsistent. Tis why I snipped it at "unacceptable"....

Guess my tactic of standing solid on elimination and getting you to argue heavy reforms yourself worked too well -- seems the judges thought my burden of proof was for elimination, too.

It was actually a great tactic...the only way I could rationalize that (after I caught on) was calling for an outside agency to provide the reforms....

Edit for quoting

[edit on 23-6-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Remember the unofficial motto: "The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife".

Perhaps it should read, "The bigger the smile, the sharper the teeth."

Brings to mind that deliciously bad '70s horror flick Trilogy of Terror. *shudders* I really hate voodoo dolls carrying sharp utensils.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've finally made it into the Debate Forum, thanks in part to The Vagabond, thanks TV for letting Me get into here.

I'm up for the challenge if someone wishes to debate go ahead and send the challenge. Check out My threads or challenge on what you know, it doesn't matter a hill of beans.

My likes are bands like Godsmack, Metallica, Aerosmith as well as long walks on the beach, and not being a sheeple. My dislikes are Secret Societies, government corruption, and that funky smell coming from The Vagabond's fridge. Check out this recent thread I've been tearing up ATS with and you will see I investigate sources I've researched.

The True Story of the Bilderberg Group : Daniel Estulin

I'm up to the challenge, are you?

Mirthful Me, just how are you getting your avatar past the censors with what that monkey is doing to that rabbit?

[edit on 24-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Note to all fighters... please do not post (even to congratulate) within ongoing debates. Allow the debate to finish and the results be announced before replying to any debate thread.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Please note that all new scheduled matches will be posted as soon as the u2u system is operational.

It is a valuable tool in the debating process and in fairness to the fighters should be available for the commencement of new debates.

This post is directed at coven/jamie83....Andrew E. Wiggin/jxnet...Rockpuck/TruthWithin.

Please be patient, it should be within a day or two.

Thank You.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've got a topic. The "designated hitter" rule. Pro/con.

*And the sports fans rejoiced*

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Walter Johnson says..."No".

Dwight Gooden says..."No".

Pansy older players attempting to recapture the prime of their careers say...ah, who really cares what they say...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join