It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Ah, that's wise. It's all about the points, then.

That's the fun part...it's really about the the rational discourse..

Of course...I do like to win..

My secret plan is that, should the impossible happen, I can always say "it was my first debate, and against a former title challenger, no less!"

Wait -- no! That's not my secret plan! I mean to say, my secret plan is actually much more subtle and devious! You'll just have to guess!

Well...get ready to saddle up...and keep in mind that I have 'guessed correctly' after throwing an elephant at a wall in the dark...or is it the other way around...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What a great topic. I just checked out a bunch of books about the CIA from my local library, and I bookmarked www.cia.gov.

Boy this beer tastes good!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Boy this beer tastes good!

Pfft. Beer on a Saturday night? Lightweight.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Good luck Ian & MemoryShock. Great topic!

TheVagabond/Chissler: When you update the ranking-list, add 4 points for me (my last two matches).

Sublime: What happened to our debate on Mars?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is definitely going to be a great debate..Ian, you're up..

And Sublime...get on with it!

TruthWithin..have you u2u'ed RockPuck?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is my Formal Challenge to Jamie83, or jetxnet, to a debate on the platforms of the current presidential candidates.

The ground rules for this debate are simple.

Socratic method,
standard character limits,
Only AP News links (i.e. factual information, not blogs and or campaign pages),
I will Debate the Pro Barack Obama side, Whichever opponent steps up will debate the Pro McCain side. If need be I will allow my opponent the option of debating the Con Barack Obama side.

I would like to see this debate formatted with a group of judges consistant of ONLY moderators.

I would also request that this panel be equally split based on their political beliefs.

This is an open to challenge to Jamie83 or JetXNet to back up their threads in a logical and reasoned debate.

Any moderator suggestions to keep this debate Kosher will gladly be accepted.

I will also be linking this challenge in all of Jamie's current threads, and Benevolent Heretics recent thread.

Hope to see you guys soon with a killer debate (unless Semper or Intrepid wants to issue the same challenge... I'll gladly step back for the pros!)

Coven

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If a Mod could please Assign jamie83 access to the forum he is willing to accept my challenge!

Woot!

Coven

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
jamie83 should have fighter access within a day or two...please communicate between yourselves the terms of debate (Specific topic, time limit, etc.).

I will help insure that the debate gets off the ground...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
If a Mod could please Assign jamie83 access to the forum he is willing to accept my challenge!

Woot!

Coven

I accept.

Please be gentle.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Have you guys settled on a specific topic?

And....Welcome to the Fight Club...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yes.

Me Pro-Obama
Jamie83 Anti-Obama

Rules are still up in the air.

We will start next week (mon-tues) and will take the weekends off for family time.

I would like to suggest 48 hours between replies (unless you wish to reply sooner) as to guarantee a well researched, and organized debate.

Any other rule suggestions are up to our fellow debaters suggestions!

Coven

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hmm

Don't know what happened with our challenge match Sky.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
With things being hectic lately, I don't get to check this enough as I should guys. So if anyone is waiting on a debate being authored or results, please contact me via u2u to let me know. jasonjnelson and maria_stardust have just had their debate authored and both have been issued the title of "Fighter". Mem and Ian have concluded their debate and it will be off to the judges.

If I'm missing anything else or anybody, shoot me a u2u.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm always ready to debate, I have a perfect record to uphold! 0-2

It might be helpful if I saved the rum-n-cokes till after the debate....
uh yeah Right!

Maybe I should switch to a drink with one of those cute little umbrellas in em!! *hic*

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Major kudos to Intepid, Chissler, Memoryshock, our debaters, and of course the mysterious and nameless judges for keeping things rocking while I've been distracted with my new job. No doubt thanks to the energetic efforts of all of the above, I have recieved an uncommon number of requests for fighter status of late.

All of those requests have been granted in good faith, on the assumption that the members who made the requests will find matches here in the pub. So if you sent me a U2U about that, you should have recieved a reply today informing you of your new status and abilities.

I have updated the rankings to reflect recent events, and assuming that Semperfortis is still game, will be talking to the other debate mods about setting up the match for the challenge that I issued a few weeks back.

I will also be confering with my esteemed colleagues about a summer debate tournament. More news on that soon I hope.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Skyfloating and I are waiting for a challenge match. I believe he was arguing the pro side to life on mars?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Still Game????

HA!!!!!!!

I have a couple of suggestions for a topic when you get a break... No hurry my friend, just let me know...

Semper

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hello, one and all! I've just received fighter status, and undoubtedly carry the unmistakable aroma of fresh meat.

This occasion brings back fond memories of a dinner I shared with friends and family a few months back. Kung Pao Chicken, fried rice, an eggroll and a fortune cookie which read, "If you intend to swim with the sharks, it is kindly suggested you first become inerbriated."

This being the case, I'll have a kamikaze, please!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Kamikaze, coming up!

Welcome to the Debate Forum!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you're made of...just don't let the sharks smell the blood...a good Blood Alcohol level should work just fine...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...

Pull up a chair and sit a spell, jump in when your ready...

Outstanding that you have joined us here, can't wait to see you in battle...

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join