It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Okay, I'm getting in on the all around praise pile-on, here goes:

Sky, take a bow while getting hearty applause from this corner. Semper, you too. I am frequently awed by the quality and skill of the intellects around here and that speedy-debate is another example of why.
I would also like to shout out a 'thank you' to two of your judges who did such a great job of highlighting the merits of your various arguments and pointing out the various tactics and strategies used. That kind of quality judging really helps me in my quest to get a better understanding of the whole process of debate and use of rhetoric.

SDog, everyday your wit makes my life more enjoyable, but this day is banner.

Orange, way to 'woman-up' with the courage to jump into debating in a second language. Ashley, glad you're back -- your rigourous and disciplined mind is wonderful to behold.

To the other Fighters I say, there will be plenty more where this came from as I am just so thoroughly enjoying reading everyone's skirmishes, but do not want to get too sappy in one post.

To that end:

Hey, new guy Tesla? To quote the inimitable Sdog, "Less talkie, more bartendie". Cognac for me please, in a big snifter and I would like it served over there in front of the fireplace. (yeah, that's right....we have a fireplace).

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

i almost feel as if that is aimed at me. i saw other debates that use all 10000 letters and mine barely makes it to 2000 or 3000. o well ill get the hang of it soon

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
every time i hit post it makes 2 of them. stupid laptop.

[edit on 12/14/2008 by N. Tesla]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Double posting to try to fix breaking the FCP. I did the 'add the page number thing at the and of the url' (which we are always being badgered to do) instead of doing a 'reveal post' and have added many empty pages. Hopefully this fixes it....

If I broke it for good, I blame Heike

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

i blame heike for everything anyway. but dont tell her that shes been trying to get me to debate her for awhile. but i like having atleast some of my dignity left so i avoid her

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

i almost feel as if that is aimed at me. i saw other debates that use all 10000 letters and mine barely makes it to 2000 or 3000. o well ill get the hang of it soon

No, what's aimed at you is a drink order. Get on it! I am tired of lazy male newbies who do not think they need fulfill their FCP labor requirements. Goose, gander, etc.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Well, if it's any consolation, I just read through your debate so far and think you both are doing an outstanding job!

There are some holiday topics where you can't help but look into some of the deeper issues involving your position. I also think it's ingrained into all fighters to want to back up what your saying with facts or support. Some topics seemed designed to be purely 'light' and others fall into a gray area that require some factual support.

You're doing fantastic in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Dignity?

As Tesla confessed, he loved that pigeon: "Yes, I loved that pigeon, I loved her as a man loves a woman, and she loved me." If the pigeon became ill, he would nurse her back to health and as long as she needed him and he could have her, nothing else mattered and there was purpose in his life. wiki

Yikes!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

... that was taken out of context.

now excuse me as i get TheWayISeeIt a drink before she kills me.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Any comments on the debate between me and tes, should there be any change in quality of my posting, please do give some opinion, so that I could make it better.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

hey you whats up. i posted my reply so im ready to take you on.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

... that was taken out of context.

now excuse me as i get TheWayISeeIt a drink before she kills me.

I'll have a grey goose, the drink not the bird, I don't want you to get excited.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

im not old enough to be drinking yet so i don't think i should be handing out drinks either.

if anyone needs me ill be in the corner avoding the harrasment

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

We cannot comment on debates while they are in progress -- skirmishes are apparently exempt from that rule.

*whispers (...I think you are both doing a great job, and I know how scary it is to do it for the first time as I feel like I am doing it for the first time everytime I post).

What you can do is go find the French maids outfit that Ding was forced to wear on her arrival -- I'm sure it will fit as Sdog had stretched it out when it was his turn -- and show us how good you look in it while having a go at the floors.

EDIT TO ADD: Change that! You serve up the drinks and Tesla can put on the maids outfit and tackle the floors.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

In this pub, child labour laws don't come into affect. We have some "agreements" with the PTB.

Meaning, get pourin'. I'll have what SD is havin'.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

french maid outfits and initiations
this isnt the masons is it?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Oh I didnt know that, and thanks for mentioning that

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yes, tes, I saw it I am thinking of "thinking" for some time, before I post

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I defer to GATOU's judgement here as he is the PTB. But personally think there should be some harsh penalties leveled for your insouciant insolence...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

aye ill serve the drinks but no french maid outfit. they really ride up on you...not that i know anything about that...

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join