It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight Club Pub.

page: 240
<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Possibly what orange said that Vagabond said.

We should be careful about the links we use; flag after the copy/paste...

And Ashley, I am not surprised you recieved that many flags...your first debate is tied for either first or second most flagged debates in the forum total...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

yea maybe like when you post a link and it has the addstar thing in it you automatically add a star to it.

maybe the same thing happened here.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ah I see. Ok. I just found Semper's post in this thread HERE. There's the flag code in it. Ok, mystery solved. My meds aren't THAT strong and couldn't figure out how I could not remember flagging that thread.
So don't click the link in the linked post if you don't want to automatically flag it. lol

No biggie whatsoever. I just thought I was losing my mind. Thanks for pointing that out to me, OL. I forgot that happens when you have a flag or star in the link. lol

Originally posted by MemoryShock
And Ashley, I am not surprised you recieved that many flags...your first debate is tied for either first or second most flagged debates in the forum total...

All I can say is I hope to goodness not that many people will watch this light bulb one. I'm fully prepared to get my hind end kicked by Orange Light. I'm really scratching my head for things to come up with. This is pretty tough. Who wouldn't love continual bulbs? I feel like I'm trying to talk someone out of a car that doesn't use gas or electricity but runs on air. I'm doing by best but viewers beware: It's going to be weird and I will most likely come across as a total bafoon.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think you will show an inventive and creative side that will reinforce your presence rather than detract from it...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm on TV!!

I haven't had time to catch up with all of the posts, I think I'm 4 pages back, but I wanted to go ahead and post this.

Yesterday I rode with my horse club (the Bad Girls Trail Riding Club) in the Tulsa PSO Christmas Parade of Lights, and the news video is available online. We appear in the video at 56:31, and I am in the third row back on the side away from the camera, riding the larger of the two palominos (yellow or "blonde" horse for those of you who aren't horsey people).

Here's the link: Christmas Parade of Lights

My parents visited today and had lunch with us. They just left so I'll get caught up now and start working on my next debate rebuttal.

PS I'm sure they won't leave this up forever; if anyone has the ability to copy the minute or so of video that shows us and send it to me, I would sure appreciate it.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by Heike]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

That's awesome Heike! I fastforwarded to where you said to. It was pretty blurry and I couldn't see any detail (and I know what you look like from your pics) but I could make out where you were due to your description.

Good for you! That looks like a lot of fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

well its not playing for some reason but im sure you were there.

as someone famous said "in the future everyone will have their 15 minutes"

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ahsley this is my first debate. So it will be the other way round. you are brilliant i am new.

and you are not losing your mind.

besides your painkillers i got a psychologicall kick in my behind today. my ex wants my son celebrate christmas with him and not with me.
i am completly speechless

@heike

it doesn.t play for me either
but it is awesome that they broadcasted it.
great!

[edit on 14-12-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Congratulations to your very first post as a Debater. It was hilarious to read. Considering English is not your native language, even better.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nicely done, orange...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Mem, we're going to have a lot of fun with this one.

My opening is up.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Oh Light I am so sorry to hear that. I know something like that can really throw us for a loop. My husband has to deal with that around holidays amd is hard dealing with the kids and where they will go on special days. I see how much it hurts him and know what you must be going through. Take it easy, no rush, this most definitely isn't any sort of serious debate. I know you and have full confidence that you will do excellent. Off to read your opening post now!
Best of luck to you, no rush to post if real life gets in the way, etc. My thoughts are with you.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Judgment for the Semperfortis/Skyfloating Debate is in.

Congratulations!

Fun will be had, chissler...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I just read your first post. Absolutely adorable, Light! Star for you. I can't wait to read more.

reply to post by MemoryShock

Congratulations, Sky! Unanimous, too! Well done!

Both of you guys deserve a huge high five for doing a debate about ATS and with how wonderfully both of you handled it. I have to say, I really liked Semper's point about the increase of board skeptics and thought that would throw a cog in for sure. Great job both of you.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
For those of you who can't get the video to play, it should open directly in Windows Media Player using the following location (copy and paste)
mms://video.wjla.com/ktul/2008christmasparadeb.wmv
(and yes that b is supposed to be there). If you're on a Mac like me, you'll need either Windows Media Player for Mac or the latest version of Flip4Mac.

Thanks to everyone who watched! It was my first big parade!

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Boy am I relieved. I absolutely would not loose a third time in a row. Semper being the one I beat makes the win double-delicious.

Thanks for the debate semper. Thanks for your courage to actually try out a speed-debate. And your courage to actually argue the more difficult side. You brutally exposed every mistake I made.

All said and done, during political season I did actually worry about ATS becoming too mainstream and would agree that every four years it does so for a short period of time.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Congratulations Skyfloating!

And thank you to both Sky and semper - that debate was a blast to watch, and you both handled it with tact and humor (without of course letting the tact get in the way of the fight).

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
dont poke fun of of my ignorance but who decides who wins the debates?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
dont poke fun of of my ignorance but who decides who wins the debates?

Randomly chosen judges selected by the moderator of a debate thread. Multiple judges are usually requested to give an as fair and balanced judgment as possible...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i see. so at some point i guess ill be judging someones debates.

you can start sucking up now

just kidding but that does seem like a good way to do it. i just figured the moderator who opened the debate decides winner

new topics

top topics

<< 237  238  239    241  242  243 >>

join