It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun T-shirt 'was a security risk'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

A man wearing a T-shirt depicting a cartoon character holding a gun was stopped from boarding a flight by the security at Heathrow's Terminal 5.

Brad Jayakody, from Bayswater, central London, said he was "stumped" at the objection to his Transformers T-shirt.

Mr Jayakody said he had to change before boarding as security officers objected to the gun, held by the cartoon character.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This insanity gets crazier and crazier doesn't it? How can a picture of a gun on a shirt harm anyone?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Blame the Muslims, not the guards, stupid as that may be. We will all have to fly naked some day because of the Muslims... and most people look lousy with their clothes off...visit a nudist colony and you'll see why clothes were invented.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here is the dangerous weapon....er......shirt, that was prohibited from flying.

Hysteria at it's finest....

[edit on 2-6-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Maybe the person assigned the seat next to him was wearing a shirt with a picture of a plane on it? lol I don't know what these people are thinking, what a waste of time for everyone involved.

I think all they're doing is conditioning us to perform seemingly useless tasks for absolutely no reason at all, on command, without question. Doesn't anyone else notice these "reasons" regarding homeland security are getting more and more ridiculous? Like, a gun t-shirt? What? I mean, yes sir right away, I don't know what I was thinking!

What was the last one? Forcibly removing nipple piercings... because a nipple ring is clearly infinitely more dangerous than the same sharp piece of metal lodged in your ear.

But at least those were the days where a weapon at least had to be tangible, now a weapon can be a artists rendition of what a weapon may in theory look like... if it were not an artists rendition on a shirt.. which it is.

I feel dumber. *drool*

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straight Razor
Blame the Muslims, not the guards, stupid as that may be. We will all have to fly naked some day because of the Muslims... and most people look lousy with their clothes off...visit a nudist colony and you'll see why clothes were invented.

I don't really see how the shirt should have been a concern to anyone...If I wear a shirt with someone pictures smoking on it, will that get me kicked off, since smoking in a plane is illegal?

However, your statement of Blame the Muslims". Why on earth are any (or all as you put it) Muslims to be blamed for this incident?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That is one of the most retarded things I've read on this board. You sure you didn't mean to post that somewhere at foxnews.com?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thats like the poor guy who was not allowed to take his Harry Potter book.."The Prisoner of Azkaban" on board with him because the name of the book(just released at the time) looked muslim to the idiots in TSA.
I had to take my nail clipper off my keychain in Phoenix because it was deemed a dangerous weapon. Morons..we are protected by morons!!!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Have a T-shirt printed up with diagrams of poorly designed aircraft components that have been known to fail and see if that gets through, or maybe the chemical formula of certain explosives.

Hell just have a T-shirt with the periodic table on it - combinations of elements, oooohhhh! but more of a tangible risk than Optimus Prime!

Everyone knows he is the leader of the Autobots, and wages battle to save the universe from the evil Decepticons

Wonder what a T-shirt of Bush saving the world from the evil Muslims would get you - a lollypop?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just for the record, ALL those who work as security at Heathrow and are not a UK citizen do not have full security checks on their backgrounds, because it was deemed 'too difficult'.

I hope that makes you feel real safe. I refuse to fly any more after what I found out about Londons airports and the security staff present there.

Secondly their training is geared towards the 'conditioning of passengers to accept authority', and their security apparatus is set up thus so. The passenger is the focus, not the aircraft and its hold contents...

As for the T-shirt - to you or I it is a 'what ever, its a T-shirt', but I kid you not that is the second highest flag raiser on their 'warning' charts. A person with a weapon on their clothing might be using it as a psycological boost to their intentions.

I wish I hadn't got rid of my old computer or i would of posted all of the spiel I got sent by a ex-colleague of mine who went to work there after leaving civvie police employment.

Its a farce, but a farce aimed at getting YOU AND I used to 'autonomic reflexive obedience to authority and authorative figures'.

Believe me, in about 2 years time this will also be at train stations... Watch this space.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
None of these are as bad as this case.

This is a case of ignorance compounded by stupidity.

"They just didn't know what it was but they acted like I shouldn't be carrying it on," retired Marine Corps General Joseph J. Foss of Scottsdale, Arizona said yesterday in a telephone interview.

"I kept explaining that it was the highest medal you can receive from the military in this country, but nobody listened," he said. Gen. Foss, an 86-year-old former South Dakota governor whose resume also includes stints as president of the National Rifle Association and as commissioner of the old American Football League, said he was "hassled" about the medal by two separate security crews at Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix. He was trying to board an America West airliner January 11 to attend an NRA meeting in Arlington.

"I received the medal in 1943 from President Franklin Roosevelt," after shooting down 26 enemy planes in the Pacific, said Gen. Foss, who was a Marine fighter pilot during World War II. "It states all that stuff on the back of the medal," he said. "I was held up for 45 minutes, while they decided what to do about the medal. I almost missed my flight, as they went back and forth," Gen. Foss said.

He stressed that he would not have boarded the plane if he had been stopped from taking the medal aboard. "I'm one of only about 140 surviving Medal of Honor recipients," he said.

www.homeofheroes.com...

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 2008/6/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

That is one of the most retarded things I've read on this board. You sure you didn't mean to post that somewhere at foxnews.com?

Well tell me Tex how is Razor wrong?

We didn't have all this nonsense until after 09-11-01, did we? Maybe he could have said it better but isn't it true?
Roper

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

That was very interesting, I can only say that the people that has been hired to serve as security in the airport are nothing but morons with no education.

Just like another poster just mention.

I guess they work long hours with low pay to save the government money, so they are not the brightest of the bunch.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sky Harbor in Phoenix is where the Terminal Idiots (pardon the pun) go to work.
I run OUT of that place when i go there.
They give them 7 bucks and tell them they're in full control
of the world!

Its really pathetic.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

To think that all muslims are responsible for they way things are today....please spare us your racist ignorance. First of all, not all Muslims are extremists in fact as for the extremist part.....you have those sects in most of all other religions as well, Christian, Catholic etc. Secondly as for 9/11 the popular thought is that it was in inside job....so if that were the case, look to your own leaders and military for fault.

Its racist, ignorant comments like that, that keeps people hating each other for no good reason and it doesn't belong here at ATS.

Its so easy to blame others for the problems of today yet no one seems to be able to take even a little bit of the responsibility on themselves. If someone hates you, theres usually a reason behind it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Bloody hell... there is only one phrase that can aptly sum up this level of idiocy:

Fashion Police

[edit on 2-6-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Great just great. Pretty much all the shirts I own are very political in nature.

What would they do if I was wearing a shirt that had a nuke exploding and it said "new world disorder"?

I think i'm going to have to exchange my tickets in. I will probably miss my flight for security reasons anyways.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just so you know..if you dress too bland..you raise a red flag also,LOL you can't win. Total idiocy abounds within the worlds airport security.The only ones who can profile and get away with it!!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Then you don't read much. The Muslims were first terrorists decades ago, the first hijackers decades ago, which brought in airport security, and they are the prime reason for airport security today. I have a CLEAR pass but still the morass at airports is caused by Muslims. Flying naked might have its entertaining moments but since 2/3 of all Americans are obese, I think not.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone I had to take my nail clipper off my keychain in Phoenix because it was deemed a dangerous weapon.

I had left my emergency cork screw in my carry-on, but the good folks at St. Johns, Newfoundland airport were really, really sorry that they couldn't allow it on board. Jeez, I love that place!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Maybe someone had a hot dinner date after work and forgot to buy a corkscrew. . . ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join