It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun T-shirt 'was a security risk'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
when we took a vacation to florida last year we took a train specifically because we didn't want to deal with airport security. did i have a reason or a need to circumvent security? nope. just refuse to be hassled and treated like a criminal for going about my own business. that's at least $1k that the airlines never saw - there were 4 of us and we would have needed round trip tickets. instead we got round trip for all 4 on amtrak for less than $400. 13 hour ride in sub-comfortable seating, but they had power outlets for my laptop and plenty of leg room.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

Hey that's a good idea. Maybe i'll take the train instead.

Better than having to deal with everything at the airport

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
That was just crazy.
BTW, did anybody-other passangers in the airport- object or find it threatening???
(that would be my best case justification-sorry as that is)

I happen to have 2 shirts that would probably freak them out big time.
1) is a shirt with perhaps 60 different kinds of weapons being displayed
2) is a shirt that says," those who live by the sword, get shot by those of us who don't. (love that one)

I need to read more on this and see if any reason can be seen.

Please note this flaming is for the airport security and NOT the op.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

just google for amtrack discounts. we saved some money because we found some coupon codes to use when we purchased our tickets. also, it's best to have the tickets mailed to you. we had our tickets mailed and had no issues. we purchased 2 more for our friends a week later and it was too close to the travel date to have them mailed. we showed up at the station and they refused to honor the coupon code that we had already used to make the purchase. they made them take a refund and repurchase. my wife and i already had our tickets in hand so there wasn't anything they could do about it. =P

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Seems fair - who wants a 30 somthing dork sitting next to them on a long haul?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by Roper

To think that all muslims are responsible for they way things are today....please spare us your racist ignorance. First of all, not all Muslims are extremists in fact as for the extremist part.....you have those sects in most of all other religions as well, Christian, Catholic etc. Secondly as for 9/11 the popular thought is that it was in inside job....so if that were the case, look to your own leaders and military for fault.

Its racist, ignorant comments like that, that keeps people hating each other for no good reason and it doesn't belong here at ATS.

Its so easy to blame others for the problems of today yet no one seems to be able to take even a little bit of the responsibility on themselves. If someone hates you, theres usually a reason behind it.

Now hold on here QB, you must be under a lot of stress, bless your heart.
I don't think all Muslims are haters.

I'm not a racist, I was just talking about history. It wasn't Catholics or Methodists, Hindi or Jews that flew those planes into those buildings and in the ground, was it? Facts are facts, right? This is history I'm talking about not some made up conspiracy manufactured in a sick mind and heart.

I also remember all of the video footage of Muslims all over the world cheering as the building came down and US citizens lost their lives.

Bless your heart, you probably just don't remember being the sensitive type.

As far as my comments not belonging here at ATS, I'll call on Cesar to decide.

Now you QB have a good day, bless your heart.

Roper

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Straight Razor

Blame the Muslims???

No, blame the people who voted the idiots into public office who enacted these equally idiotic laws and regulations. That's who you should blame.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper We didn't have all this nonsense until after 09-11-01, did we?

Seems to me that you don't have to buy into a whole lot of conspiracy theory to recognise that a certain set of protocols including invasions and abrogations of civil liberties fell into place in embarassingly short order after 911.

And having heard of the group of Israeli 'students' in New Jersey being witnessed cheering and filming the twin towers' destruction, you can't say it was just the muslims.

If you can't see a pattern being played out, you're just not paying attention. But life's easier that way, isn't it... bless your heart, indeed.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Hi Roper, sorry if my post seemed as if it was totally directed at you. Mainly I was responding to the quote from Razor

Blame the Muslims, not the guards, stupid as that may be. We will all have to fly naked some day because of the Muslims...

No I am not stressed. I just hate it when someone blames a whole group/race/religion of people for a radical few bad apples. Not all Muslims feel the way those people you talked about on tv feel. A close family friend and his family are Muslim and they were as shocked and disgusted at what happened on 9/11 just as much as the rest of us. His kids and wife were in tears all day over it. Now they face persecution every day since then, his kids having other kids at school beat them up and blaming them for what happened as if they had something to do with it.

Most people like you and I only sees what the media shows us on the Muslim faith and 9 times out of 10 they show them as radical evil people that will stop at nothing to destroy anything and anyone that does not follow their religion. We forget that there are those who practice the true faith of the Qur'an which, much like our bible, teaches love and understanding. Not the violence that some take to extremes to get their point across.

What is a terrorist? ANYONE who uses violence to prove/force their way on others.....and its not limited to the few extremists of a certain religious faith.

I just want people to remember that there are a lot of peaceful and kind/loving Muslims out there too not just the violent ones you see on tv.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
reply to post by Roper

Hi Roper, sorry if my post seemed as if it was totally directed at you. Mainly I was responding to the quote from Razor

Blame the Muslims, not the guards, stupid as that may be. We will all have to fly naked some day because of the Muslims...

I just want people to remember that there are a lot of peaceful and kind/loving Muslims out there too not just the violent ones you see on tv.

I agree.

Roper

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Roper We didn't have all this nonsense until after 09-11-01, did we?

Seems to me that you don't have to buy into a whole lot of conspiracy theory to recognise that a certain set of protocols including invasions and abrogations of civil liberties fell into place in embarassingly short order after 911.

And having heard of the group of Israeli 'students' in New Jersey being witnessed cheering and filming the twin towers' destruction, you can't say it was just the muslims.

If you can't see a pattern being played out, you're just not paying attention. But life's easier that way, isn't it... bless your heart, indeed.

Well Canuck and Bless your little pea pickin' heart, you need to show me those Israeli students cheering, K.

What civil liberties did I loose? I'm still doing the same things I have always done. I can legally buy an AR-15, can you? That my cold friend is liberty.

Don't'ya think that these protocols were put in place by the Clinton Adm.. I think they may well have been.

I started paying attention a long time ago, when I thought I was going to war. I'm just not easily swayed by mindless conspiratorial chatter.

Roper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join