It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Trashing the neighborhoods isn't a racial thing... it's a manners and education issue. Chinese, Mexican, European, Lebanese, Italian, Reptilian or Martian if you have bad taste or lack of education and cleanliness you will make a place look bad. period.

This isn't really a racial problem or a ethnicity or whatever problem. The problem is how the people in power oppress other people. Trust me, they don't care about race or political stand point. If you keep fighting each other and keep making them money they don't really care. Trust me I know... been there done that...

Outsourcing and cheap labor will always be, if it makes money they will not pass laws. Who cares if the middle class or the poor or the rich suffer? As long as I get my money it's ok. Do you understand?

Keep fighting our made up wars and divisions. You still are our slaves one way or another. Feudal system or not it hasn't changed, only the fictional sense of security and freedom we provide keeps you running like a hamster.

Sucks doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

rwor.org...

A War for Slavery and Theft
Three hundredyears ago, Spain claimed Texas as part of its empire. Spain ruled Texas through its authorities in Mexico City.

In 1718, the Spanish colonists established a fort and a Catholic mission in what became San Antonio. They called it "The Alamo"-- and it was part of a plan to "civilize the Indians and take over the new world."

The resistance of the Native Americans, especially the Comanches, proved too much for the Spanish. Out of 25 garrisons built in Texas in the 18th century, the Spanish could only hold onto three. The Alamo was one of these.

Beginning in the early 19th century, Anglo settlers from the U.S. began illegally crossing into Texas--setting up farms and plantations on Mexican land. The slaveowners in the Southern U.S. constantly needed new land to expand into. Northwest Mexico (what is now the U.S. Southwest) looked very promising to them. The northern capitalists were also eyeing this area for opening trade to the western region of the continent and as a source of minerals.

rwor.org...

[edit: clipped quoted content and added required EX tags]
Mod Edit: ATS Big Thread policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

It's said to say but you've been pretty dead on with your last two posts.

What's a patriot to do?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

duck's sake already stop duckin immigration?????????

P.S. I need a new hobby.

That or get rid of photoshop lol!

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Question]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I thinks it's the loud screaming and arguing that is going on...

it's ok
I benefit any way with or without fighting.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

The point is that the Texas Revolution was a war waged against the Republic of Mexico.

Battle of the Alamo

In 1821, the Mexican War for Independence severed Spain's control over its North American territories. A new country, Mexico, was formed from much of New Spain, including Spanish Texas. Mexico officially adopted a constitution in 1824, based on the constitution of the United States of America. Texas became part of a newly created state, Coahuila y Tejas. The new state covered the boundaries of Spanish Texas but did not include the area around El Paso, which belonged to the state of Chihuahua and the area of Laredo, which became part of Tamaulipas.[2] The capitol of Texas moved from San Antonio to Saltillo.

The area of Texas was considered part of Mexico at the time.

Because the new Mexican government was bankrupt and had little money to devote to the military, settlers were empowered to create their own militias to provide protection from hostile Indian tribes. Texas faced raids from both the Apache and Comanche tribes, and with little military support the 3500 settlers in the region needed help. In the hope that an influx of settlers could control the Indian raids, the government liberalized its immigration policies for the region, and settlers from the United States were permitted to immigrate for the first time. The first group of colonists, known as the Old Three Hundred, arrived in 1822 to settle an empresarial grant that had been given to Stephen F. Austin by the Spanish. Twenty-three other empresarios also brought immigrants to Texas. Of these, only one of the empresarios settled citizens from within Mexico; the others came primarily from the United States.

Mexico allowed militias to be formed.

President Anastasio Bustamante implemented several measures in 1830 to make immigration less desirable for Americans, including a prohibition on immigration to Texas from the United States, although Americans would still be welcome in other parts of Mexico. The ban and other measures did not stop U.S. citizens from migrating to Texas by the thousands. By 1834, it was estimated that over 30,000 English speakers lived in Texas, compared to only 7800 of Spanish heritage.

Mexico had implemented immigration measures aimed at the U.S.

In 1835, President and General Antonio López de Santa Anna abrogated the Constitution of 1824 and proclaimed a new constitution that reduced the power of many of the provincial governments and increased the power of the presidency. Since the end of hostilities with Spain ten years before, the Mexican government, and Santa Anna in particular, had been eager to reassert its control over the entire country, and control of Texas was seen as particularly important as Santa Anna rightly perceived the province to be vulnerable to the westward expansion of the United States.

Texas was still technically considered a part of the Republic of Mexico. You can't change history to fit your perspective. It is what it is.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Correct and YOU can't change history to fit your perspective. The war wasn't so much against the republic of mexico it was against it's dictator Santa Anna.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

For starters, you can't do anything. It's the way humans are and it's the way it will be.

Patriotism or not, they will have their way. Humans will still fight, people will divide by race, social class, music, you name it.

Sad isn't it.

My recommendation: If you want to change something, first change yourself. Then if you accomplished that change you family. If you managed that change your neighborhood. Then change your city, then the state. Maybe, you'll be able to change the Country and then the world. But... to be honest... it took me more than 20 years to change myself and changing my family is hard. So, work on yourself... for now.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
[

Correct and YOU can't change history to fit your perspective. The war wasn't so much against the republic of mexico it was against it's dictator Santa Anna.

The Texas Revolution was a war waged against the Republic of Mexico. It was not a war waged against an individual.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You know you are all right. Screw America and Texas. Let's let the illegals run rampent. Hell I'm just going to quit my job, have about 5 more kids, quit speaking English and live high off the hog on the governments dime! Yeah that won't be so bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That's too drastic don't you think? How about educating people on what's right and not fighting? Don't you think that would be more of a solution to a problem than adding more to it?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

That's a nobel thought; however - just like with this thread - I'm a Texan debating with two mexicans. Nothing I say will make them see my view.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
True, but I'm an US Arab trying to make a 3 Texans with different backgrounds look at what the real problem is.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
First off this country is twenty years to late to stop it. Second thing the rich companies want it that way, if we legalize everyone then they will have to let more illegals in because, they will want their equal pay go figure. Now for the last part. This is now the the future country of the Hispanic majarity. Congrads! As all races loose power at some point now it is the whites time to pass the power to our southern brothers, I will have my child and the rest of my family learn spanish because this is our future, so live with it. You have about twenty to thirty years before white is the minority. But look on the brite side we Text Red will be able to bitch and mone that our race is being discriminated against.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Enough of this...

Hopefully all of you who read this do come to an understanding of what really goes on in this world, but hey... I'm still trying to find out what that is... hope you guys do too. Goodbye

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

OK then explain this - all mexicans can do is go on and on about how Texans stole their land. What about all the other land they claim was theirs that is now New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and California?? Are all the mexicans in those states threatening those people that they are there to take back their land??

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
yes illegal immigration needs to stop. the time has come, but to say that mexicans are not paying taxes is a crock!!! i live in chicago of tejano descent. my family has been in texas for over 200 years, i even have relatives that lived in texas and moved to northern mexico because of racial prejudice and segregation during the great depression. i am proud to be an american, my family pays taxes, we all work hard and contribute to society. the majority of mexican americans and illegals are hard working family oriented people with strong morals. i have family that have served the armed forces loyally. so don't try and lump us all together, yes there are problems with illegals taking advantage of the system, gangs and violence, and this calls for drastic reforms and enforcement of immigration policies. the majority of mexican immigrants come to work and make better lives for there families, just as various other ethnic groups have come to our great country. these people should have the right to do so albeit in a legal way.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Your a Texan? I didnt know that being a "Texan" was an ethnicity. And btw your whole theory on us mexicans bringing down the US just went down the drain.
Economic analysis shows that migration benefits the immigrants, their countries of origin, and the members of their receiving communities:“A principal conclusion from this exercise is that migration can generate significant economic gains for migrants, origin countries, and destination countries

www.communityintegration.net...

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by jamiros

That's a nobel thought; however - just like with this thread - I'm a Texan debating with two mexicans. Nothing I say will make them see my view.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

No one said mexicans (legal) aren't paying taxes. It's the ILLEGALs who aren't. If they aren't here legally they don't have a SS# there for aren't held accountable for paying taxes.

Look I never said all mexicans are bad. I love the mexican culture. I think it's beautiful. BUT I have a problem with people being here illegally. Period!! If I break the law I go to jail. If they are breaking the law they need to be held accountable. You, being hispanic, should want this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join