Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Insulting? I could careless if I offend someone here illegally! You want to know what's insulting? The fact that at tax time there were tax preparers advertising they would do your taxes without you having an ID or SS card!! If I want to write a check much less have my taxes done I better have plenty of proof as to who I am!!! Who do you think this is aimed towards? Someone without documentation i.e. someone here illegally!

You want to talk about insulting? It's insulting when I drive down certain streets and there are more mexican flags waving than AMERICAN!!! This is America the only flag that should wave is the AMERICAN flag!!

Your posts are articulate but hold no validity with me. You seem to be a sympothizer which is just as bad as the offenders.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Lone Star Patriot]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

So by your logic, since you have had an apparently long string of bad experiences with illegal immigrants, you are justified at hurling racial slurs.

That makes no sense. State your case and leave the racial slurs out. It just detracts from your arguement.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have realy good friends who live in El Paso area, about 3 miles from the border. They cannot leave they're homes unattended anymore. If they leave unattended the house is burglurized to the extent all the food and clothing is gone. Anything of value is missing including the livestock they USED to have! Now they can no longer get any insurance on the property. The bank they have a loan with is harrassing them to get insurance and no company will issue it because of the problems in that whole area. I understand the ill will of those victimised. This problem is festering with absolutly no help from the authorites!. The anger is going to continue to boil and its not going away!
Zindo

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Immigration is an extremely volatile topic, and I can understand how easy it is to get caught up in a groundswell. I just wish a few of our fellow ATS members would remember that it is possible to state any perspective without breaking into a racist rant.

That aside, yes, there are property owners along the border that are caught in quite a dilemma. It's an unfortunate side effect of an extremely thorny issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Last I checked free speech was still allowed. Also my past two posts have no "slurs" in them.

Stop trying to make it sound like I'm the ONLY person who has a problem with them. Again I'm not the only one who has had many bad experiences with illegals.

There is an estimated 1.5 million illegals in the state of Texas alone. They cost the state 4.7 BILLION annually in tax payer money. Four billion educating them. That being 11.9% of the students. We spend $150 million on illegal inmates. $520 million giving THEM free medical care.

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually.
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes".
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens.
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66%, 98% are illegal.

www.texasborderregulators.org...

So I'm the only one who has issues with them? I don't think so!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I am not hispanic, latina or chicana . I am not illegal. I am MEXICAN. Nican Tlaca. YOU illegal Europeans have been a problem for us for over 500 yrs. We are indigenous people. We(Olmecs, Zapotec,Maya, Mexica etc) have 40,00 to 50,000 years of being on this continent WITHOUT Europeans. You have been occupying our continent for ONLY 500 yrs.

Yes, I agree there needs to be changes made. No more Europeans in Mexico. Yes, that means no more vacations, no more shopping, no foolish kids going over there for spring break with daddys money. Its funny how you Europeans hate our culture, but your the first to sit down to eat beans rice and enchiladas.

And to the person who said they live in Southern Texas. I live in San Antonio. And you know what? You are right about one thing. "We" are everywhere. And I LOVE IT. Our population will continue to grow ,so might as well pack up now. We are simply re-entering the land on our continent from which we have been pushed and killed off by Europeans for the last 500 yrs.

*thank god(in a non-christian way)for the mexica movement

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot

Last I checked free speech was still allowed. Also my past two posts have no "slurs" in them.

I'm a HUGE advocate of free speech, it is a simple privilege that many take for granted. It also comes with responsibility. So don't get offended when you're taken to task for using racial slurs.

See, it is possible to state an argument without resorting to disparging slurs. Your last couple of posts are indeed free of racial slurs.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
WOW your Cherokee/Comanche? My girlfriend is full Apache. Well, I must say that I am shocked you would make comments like this. Sorry to burst your bubble but We all were here first. Natives, Mexica Maya etc. I think maybe you should do your homework before you talk about your own people.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm half Lebanese and half German,

My German side of the family had haciendas in Mexico and were very wealthy. I lived in Mexico for 5 years for work and LaBella is kinda right. I have seen how "Europeans" (Spaniards, German or French) treat the indigenous people of Mexico. They give them bad treatment and that's why they run here to the US. I have seen that they treat them well here in the US and they give them some sort of respect. In Mexico they can't get proper jobs or education.

When people think of Mexico they think of Donkeys and Cactus, but really Mexico is very big and industrial. Yet, the only people that get the jobs and the education are rich people or Europeans. Monterrey may be bigger than Denver and may be equal to it in economically.

But, yes... I think by this point we're all mutts of some sort not pure bred anything and we shouldn't wave the race flag which I think has been mixed for more than 200 years.

[should -> shouldn't]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jamiros]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

I'm not talking about my people. I'm talking about criminals that break the law and get rewarded for it by the government.

"I went to Texas and all I got was this lousy blanket."

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If Im "retarted" because I speak the truth than fine. I know that I educated an Ignorant person if after my post all you can say is that im "retarted" haha

[snip]

Mod Edit: Removed "Off Topic Quote" of previous poster.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by LaBella

Oh, and you're retarded. See, Maria, that's not racial.

You're right. That's a personal attack on a fellow member, which by the way is strictly prohibited on this site. Perhaps you should revisit the terms and conditions that you agreed to when becoming a member.

ATS Terms and Conditions

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Just a little something you should keep in mind.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros...They give them bad treatment and that's why they run here to the US. I have seen that they treat them well here in the US and they give them some sort of respect. In Mexico they can't get proper jobs or education....[edit on 2-6-2008 by jamiros]
Then explain to me why they come here and want to turn the US into Mexico?? It's not our fault that THEIR govenment is more corrupt than ours.

It sounds to me like they need to take their government back.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

Nothing you said was truthful. It was little more than arrogant boasting.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
EVERYTHING I said was truthful. Like I said, maybe you should do a tad bit of research.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Because they get killed by the military.

There's a movement in Chiapas called the Zapatistas. They're a militant group kinda like the insurgents in Iraq. Their leader "El Commandante Marcos" move them around. Yet, it seems that it's all a stunt. I was in Chiapas and they just run around with their guns and don't really do anything.

Some soldier I was talking to says that they go and fend them off killing them. I don't know the whole story. I should research it.

And yes the government is corrupt because of money, it's all because of money. Get a speed ticket, give them money. Too many people in power with money and corporations. Just like here, but more out in the open and straight forward.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The way I see it I'm being attacked by you two. Tit for tat. Especially Poncho Villa over there talking about a mexcain movement in the US. All that type of mentality is going to do is tick people off.

Next....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's like an echo Lone Star, you scream it will scream back. I learned that the hard way. Fight ignorance and anger with knowledge and love. Sounds corny I know but it works.

I think there will be great changes and we will all learn from our mistakes as a whole species. I do understand the frustration, yet what makes us different from animals is compassion.

p.s. (it's Pancho not Poncho, saw it in Indiana Jones yesterday)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join