It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Hey ice_man tell me something. Wasn't this country called the land of the free home of the brave And the land of opportunity? Wait its still called this.
Has a single Hispanic, Asian, European immigrant (illegal) affected your way of life in anyway good or bad?

The illegal aliens are robbing the lazy Americans of work and causing trouble and taking our wages. I've worked around plenty of migrant workers from all over the world, enough to get on my nerves at times but it never really effected my abilities to get a job, in fact at times it done some good for me. I know a lot of them work under the table but in fact some of them do pay taxes . Hell if you think about it we all pay taxes in one way or another so pooh on that.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder Ice_man, let me tell you something I've said it a few times. I'm native American and have a very big grudge against Europeans mostly white people but I understand human nature and its to be expected and I can deal with this. In the end all we can do is grip and moan about this and that but then again your just voicing your opinions just don't make it personal toward any one that isn't you.

I don’t know what this is doing in the survival forum anyways seems more suited in BTS.

I like to say there are worst and even more important things in the world to be mad about.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hispanic is a cultural thing, not a nationality. Oh and I'm hispanic too...and yes I take all your precious resources from you...all of them! and I love it! Your government loves me...what ya gonna do about it?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

Whatever. I would just like to take your attention back to my first post I made. If your really against immigration, read that and do something about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
[SNIP]

Let's stay on topic please.

Mod Edit: Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That will do thank you.

It seems that we've forgotten our MANNERS in this thread? Please stay on topic. Please refrain from insulting your fellow members. Remember the Terms & Conditions Of Use especially this part:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Let's stay focussed and civil.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

Ice Man, you are talking like you named yourself after your drug habit dude.

edit = add more so I don't get it for a one liner!

About immigration, isn't it america that said 'give us your tired, your hungry, your ect....? I think that is what got my ancestors to come here from Germany.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
That will do thank you.

It seems that we've forgotten our MANNERS in this thread? Please stay on topic. Please refrain from insulting your fellow members. Remember the Terms & Conditions Of Use especially this part:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Let's stay focussed and civil.

Thank you.

this topic implicitly incites by it's nature rudeness and hatred

join us won't you?

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

Why should I be delted when you are talking about hispanic people in such a rude and insulting manner. I have said nothing that could be seen as worse than what you've said, yet now two of my posts have been removed. I was trying to point out the flaws in your post. Immigration is why you are here, americans as they cal themselves are all immigrates. Somewhere down you family line, your family lived in another country and more than likely a different continent, So what right do you have to impose such hatred onto the hispanic community. And I receive the only backlash for hate riddled rants.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Illegal immigration is an issue that needs to be dealt with with civility and compassion, yet tempered with the good sense that can be understood, coming here illegally cheats true americans, risks disease being brought over the borders, the answer is a work program if work is the reason for coming here, if the intention is to leave your country and become an American it has to be done in the right manner. I am the proud great granddaughter of a German immigrant who came to America with dreams, hopes, and an inherited trade, he did it legally, he became an American, and our large family is the result. The answer is all immigrants are welcome, but they must come here legally.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
seems someone forgot their history didn't they? Unless you're 100% full native American (and yes, I know modern day native Americans) you have no right to claim anything. Sure your ancestors "found" this place, but their ancestors where here before ours. So you think that being American is strictly being white? So for example, us countless of hispanics, African Americans, and everything else don't count as Americans?
Mouthing off notions of racial superiority is just ignorant. You'd be surprised how much more related you could be to a "lesser race" on a genetic level than you are to a member of your own "race".

overall, your main argument is flawed. If it weren't for my ancestors (The Spanish and the French), Washington D.C. would have been the City of Cornwallis. You forget that it was French and Spanish intervention that allowed the turn of the tide in the Revolutionary War. Judging by your hate-filled answers and screwy logic, you now officially know less than my tiny pet ant.

edit-typo

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Daedalus24]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

Glad someone else saw the same dumb side to this thread i did. Its just racist. Hell i'm white and i feel this.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

True. If we are to ever fix the problem of illegal immigration, we must completely reform the immigration system. Waiting in line to enter the country for 10+ years because of the backlog is just ridiculous. It's that waiting period that pushes these people to come to this country illegally because it's hard to wait that long when you have a family to feed. If they want to come here, then let them, but also streamline the process.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Reading through the posts on this thread, it seems to me that the only person who has the 'right' to moan about imigration to the US is pweagle. He/she is the native american.

Even european nations are bastardised and our imigration goes back 100's of years, whereas the US is a mere blink in world demographics, native americans being the exception.

If it wasnt for imigration and colonisation, America would not exist.

Why the hell did we English sell off Hawaii? I can never figure that one out.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

he he he
this has been more fun than an episode of "trailer park boys"
kind of disappointed the mods removed the really bad stuff b4 I got to read them
I kind of see our OP here as a counter-hero - not really supposed to like him, but I just can't help myself
- maybe for pure entertainment value - not to be taken seriously
- I think he's set himself up for some sort of "reality tv"
- interesting character development from his "out on his luck" having to survive in a tent days (see his first post) to now - Mr. White racist etc.
ha, just can't get enough of this stuff
please don't anyone out there take any thing he has to say too much to heart - my suspicion is he's more caricature than character.
I do hope he gets things together in his own life - somehow I think thats the real story, and I do hope it has a happy ending in spite of the nasty things he's said.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ice_Man
hey by the way- i thought you might like to know, that in a few years when the american people get tired of the hispanics/latinas stealing from them, there will be many more of the american men strapping up their boots, to stomp many, many fleeing mexicans- just like cockroaches. thanks for listening

Amazing, a superiority complex and a violent streak. Oh, and ignorant. I forgot to mention that one. I'm a Mexican-American, and a proud one at that.

I find it sad that you consider yourself some sort of spokesperson for the American people. It's ashame that you have to resort to a racist rant. It speaks ill of you and your white supermacy ways.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I agree with the first post. Something does need to be done. I'd say most of the posters to this thread don't encounter on a daily basis the effects of the illegals. I'm from south Texas. They have over run this area like a bunch of roachs. They are even arrogant about it!

I'm not saying all illegals are bad. I know some that are trying really hard to "do the right thing." But for every one of them there is 100 that don't give a damn.

I had a cleaning lady that was hispanic and didn't speak a word of English. Every time she came to clean she was here for hours. She worked really hard and took pride in her work. She was always very sweet and tried her best to communicate with me. Then her sister started coming with her. The quality of work went down tremendously. When the sister was around she had an attitude. Then things started to be stolen. Including my 2 year olds social securtiy card!!
You have no idea how badly that pisses me off!! Now for the rest of her life we are going to have to constantly keep check on her social security and her CREDIT because some wetback may steal her identity. Hell I know of people who this has happened to that now show a criminal record for things the didn't do!! Like tax evasion!!

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about; sister #1 trying to do the right thing, working getting a green card and legal documentation - sister #2 stealing scumbag. She probably gets every type of government assistance she can sponge from the tax payers.

Thanks to the illegals I'm paying more in taxes so they can have free housing, food and, healthcare - all on my dime!!
Not to mention how they use the ER as a clinic. I'm sick of it and want the government to do something about it!!

For the record I am native american and have every right to b**ch about the current infestation. Not to mention my ancestors fought in the Battle of San Jacinto. No we didn't steal the land - THEY gave it up!!

Sorry you don't have no clue how bad it is down here and what a sore spot this is with me and millions of others.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Lone Star Patriot]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

You could get your point across without resorting to racial slurs. There is never a reason to disparge an entire ethnic group because you had a bad experience. Not only does it show your immaturity, but it reflects on your integrity as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I'm not referring to an entire ethnic group only the illegals! I'm not immature - you don't know me - don't make assumptions. Take your condescending arrogant attitude somewhere else. I have no tolerance for it when it comes to this matter.

In my town of 64,000+ I can asure that 60,000< or > have had a bad experience with illegals!! Not just myself.

Not to mention I have a lot of hispanic friends and they are just as feed up. They feel it makes them as a group look bad. The people that get the most damage from the illegals are the LEGAL hispanics.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

I'm not making any assumptions about you, your writing speaks for itself. You had an unfortunate experience, and I can empathize with that. That's still not an excuse for referring to Hispanics (illegal or not) as wetbacks and roaches. It's detestable.

Just to set the record straight, I'm not being condenscending. You're being insulting.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by maria_stardust]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join