It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

Considering my greatx4 grandfather was one of the 300, why yes I am a TEXAN!

Your theory is incorrect. You are talking about LEGAL immigrants. ILLEGALS do not contribute to our economy. How can they when they are wiring their paychecks back to Mehjeeco? Wrong again... Next...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For those who think that the "American Indians" were the first people on this continent, You should dig a little deeper into History.

THere is plenty of evidence that white folk have been here just as long if not longer.

Familiarize yourself with the ancient Blond & Red hairedblonde and red haired people who lived all over the world.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i know there needs to be reforms and enforcement. but even illegal mexicans pay taxes, one way or the other. i see plenty of illegal mexicans finding a way to become legal, buy homes, businesses, send there kids to private schools and colleges. bottom line is, the majority of mexicans, illegal or not, are decent, moral, hard working people. unfortunately like with all cultures there are some bad apples. either way the time has come to enforce the immigration laws.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Please spare me the "my grandfather..." routine I really have no interest in that. What Im saying is that since when did being "Texan"
count as an ethnicity?

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by LaBella

Considering my greatx4 grandfather was one of the 300, why yes I am a TEXAN!

Your theory is incorrect. You are talking about LEGAL immigrants. ILLEGALS do not contribute to our economy. How can they when they are wiring their paychecks back to Mehjeeco? Wrong again... Next...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I actually agree with you. I didnt think Id be saying that to anyone on this thread.

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
i know there needs to be reforms and enforcement. but even illegal mexicans pay taxes, one way or the other. i see plenty of illegal mexicans finding a way to become legal, buy homes, businesses, send there kids to private schools and colleges. bottom line is, the majority of mexicans, illegal or not, are decent, moral, hard working people. unfortunately like with all cultures there are some bad apples. either way the time has come to enforce the immigration laws.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

You're very adept at bait-and-switch arguments. This orginated as a thread on immigration. Then you went on a rant about an experience you had that included racial slurs.

Shortly afterwards, you start a subtopic on how you are a Daughter of the Republic of Texas, and therefore the ultimate authority on Texas history, and that your ancestors were murdered.

When you were corrected as to the facts of the battle of the Alamo, then you started ranting about quiting your job, having a slew of kids and becoming a freeloader. Nothing like a little stereotypical baiting.

Instead of taking a clearly aggresive and tempermental stance, perhaps you should take a deep breath and try a more calm approach to your argument. Your current strategy of moving from subtopic to subtopic when presented with cool and reasoned logic is clearly not working.

I don't have a problem with the heart of your argument. However, I take issue with the way you present them. If you expect others to show you respect, you need to show a little in return.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

I'm not harrassing you. I'm taking you to task for using racial slurs, and personally attacking a fellow member. Both which are against the terms and conditions of this site.

Terms and Conditions

Especially this part:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Is that really so hard to understand?

This thread isn't about the T & C, so in effect, you are trying to deflect by repeatedly posting about that.

How about responding to all the statistics Lone_Star posted instead? The sheer numbers are frightening, and also show that Lone_Star's experiences are hardly unique, as you have tried to imply.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

Oh my God!! When did I ever say it was an ethnicty?? That was your assupmtion.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wake up whites, you are a dieing race the US is twenty years to late to stop illegal immigration. Besides they do not want it to stop. If these people were legal, they would want their equal pay, then the rich companies would start all over again getting people to work for nothing. As with all powerful races there time comes to an end. This is the age of our southern brothers. We have around twenty to thirty years of white majority rule and it will be a majority rule of Hispanics. Congrads! I am telling my child to learn spanish as well as myself because this is America's future deal with it. You should look on the bright side of things, when we are the minority in twenty years, we can bitch and moan that our rights are being violated, and get free government assistance.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by want2believe]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiros
True, but I'm an US Arab trying to make a 3 Texans with different backgrounds look at what the real problem is.

I tip my hat to you! I consider myself to be a fairly open-minded person, and I am able to empathize with people of both sides of this issue. There are valid problems inherent in the immigration issue, and alas, there are no painless solutions.

Thank you for providing this thread with a fresh perspective.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

If you had followed this thread from the beginning, then you would see that Lone Star Patriot's repeated personal attacks and use of racial slurs are what she was taken to task for. There was no deflection of the issue at hand.

Had you taken a moment to fully read the entire thread, you would have seen that I have not even taken issue with the stats she presented. Nor, do I intend to.

I will, however, take issue with anyone using racial slurs or making racist remarks. If anyone has a point to make, it can be made without resorting to racist remarks.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I am disturbed by all this talk of inferior race ad getting 'outbred' by "hispanics'

the Mexican population is the biggest "invader" into the US borders

but think about who they are if this is the approach
it is not a true 'racial group' no matter what the proponents of "la Raza" would have you believe or demographic charts calling them "brown" would indicate.
One of the largests empire turns out to be the Spanish- thanks to the Armada you will find Spanish surnames from Tierra del Fuego to the arctic circle and from Spain all the way around the globe past the Philippines...
these Caucasian European sailors (yes some Moorish/Persian blood is in there but racially speaking not culturally or ehtnically all 'caucasian') left there imprint everywhere.
the Mexicans and all of the Spanish speaking Americas have a small majority of individuals who in those countries are white and would visibly look it, as well as claim the European roots, these individuals are not the problem to this country most would agree.
It may be due to socioeconomic reasons as everywhere it is claimed and ated on 'white is right' whether or not this is the case as true

so the trouble is with the now converted indigenous populations which the white in power have spurned as laborers and lower class and the USA gets these people as outcasts there and here. These individuals of proud Native Mexican heritage and a mix of Spanish colonizers don't fit anywhere in the social milieu and they do not appear as either group but somewhere in between and do not attempt to be part of the US society they flee into looking for money.
and when the now shrinking majority of 'white' people see the tanned skinned people in the middle of winter become their neighbors legally or not panic as the ones who don't fit in begins to grow.
I am an American, a U.S. American with a diverse and proud heritage from my families none include Mexico but i feel for their plight as the Irish, the Scot, the Polish, the Italian, French Swedish and Spanish in me remembers (okay the Swedes never really suffered 'att battre fly den illa fakta!')
sorry no symbols on my keyboard to spell than quip properly.

but still we must understand and strangthen what we have as a country.
Tell our kids to do the gardening, to wait tables, be short order cooks and to work on cars.
then when they graduate colleges and go on to a better life they can tell there kids the same.
buy American, Hire American, and spend it American- it is what we can do to discourage illegality, this country will go on strong proud and better if we do what we believe in-
this isn't a problem per se, I wish the immigrant groups would learn english and be american like my grandparents and theirs were. I think this is the biggest problem. Lets not celebrate diversity but Americanism and all that makes it great.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yikes, after reading what everyone's posted I'm almost afraid to even say anything!

I live in north central Texas and there is a huge amount of illegals here as well. Over the past several years the town I live near has accumulated a huge population of them, so much so that you can't go many places without being a minority anymore unless you are Hispanic.

Now I don't think there is anything wrong with them coming for work, the fact is that they fill many jobs that most people here wouldn't be willing to take on. The truth is I feel the main problems boil down to cultural differences. They have different morals there, which isn't to say they think it's fine to steal, kill, cheat, and lie, but rather that it often seems that it isn't as taboo as it is in our culture here. Again, I'm not stereotyping anybody.

To my understanding, it's believed that Texas and all the territory that it encompassed was stolen from them and that it's rightfully theirs, which may explain a bit about their attitudes. I've heard them talking badly of the man they feel was responsible for this loss on numerous occasions...Poncho Villa was it?

Anyhow, that being said, I really have no problem with any immigrants. America was founded on immigrants, it likely always will be to some extent and if it wasn't for immigrants I wouldn't be here myself. Still, there is a problem with illegal immigrants, one which doesn't seem as though it will be taken care of any time soon, our government is too tied up with incompetent leaders, political correctness, and the best interest of large cooperations to take care of this.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Watch this, it will open your mine.
You cannot stop Immigration, the way I see it, Its part of nature.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You said "Im a Texan debating with two mexicans." One can only conclude that you believe being a Texan is a way to identify your ethnicity. I am also a Texan so should I say Im a Texan arguing with a European?

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by jamiros

That's a nobel thought; however - just like with this thread - I'm a Texan debating with two mexicans. Nothing I say will make them see my view.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Immigration I have no problem with, I would prefer it to be legal, but hey that's not always going to happen. When I lived in NC I lived next door to 7 guys from Mexico, here illegally, worked in construction. Some of the nicest people ever, quiet, never caused trouble, and from the long hours they kept away from their apartment, worked their butts off. People that are willing to work and not commit crime I have no problems with, no matter what race or gender. You're going to find lazy good for nothing law breaking people in every nationality, that's just the way it is. Sad that people are unable to base their opinion on actions, not race.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
the whole idea of land 'stolen' form another people
well this is part of history in a time when war and conquering was the way to grow and expand wealth as opposed to massive exporting and such. now with political boundaries more or less where they will stay the point is moot at what was taken int he past really it is the story of mankind and all history conquering under the might of steel. now legalities and such are more powerful as the global village as they say will uphold the latest common value, and 'reclamation' is not part of that (lets not get started on Israel however)
the Saxons are no longer trying to take back part of Anglia and vice versa the Germanic tribes are not marching into Alsace anymore- we have had 2 world wars to solidify this behavior...in the 'West" any way...of course the current US administrations seems okay with Empire type behavior this is not any ssue with Mexico anymore.
and what attitude with feeling like who stole what from them- not even the great grandparents of any Mexican alive had to suffer through land grabbing by an expanding US- this is a sorry argument IMHO and a sorry position to take- like Mexican and Native Centralamerican people hating the True Spanish for wiping out the Mayans ad Aztecs....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Good posts coming from both sides of the argument here.

Lone Star is the Angry Texan with a message while it seems the other side of the argument seem to revel in being anti European.

As an outsider (UK based) I can say that a magazine article researching the immigration issues of the USA came to the stark conclusion that the golden heyday of beneficial immigration into the USA ended many years ago and for every wave of legal immigrants, you need a cooling off period for the immigrants to mix and become diluted.

These days though the illegal immigration problem exacerbates things.
Also you've got a country that is over capacity and becoming overcrowded and bringing living standards down for everyone.

Having not been to the US I can't comment personally but for a bunch of UK journalists to take note it must seem that somethings gotta give.
So basically the illegals need sorting out and the legals are cool.
Only problem is how to do it!?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Id like to make a correction if I may. "Aztec" Is really not the right word to use. Many people including myself prefer the word Mexica. Aztec was something invented in the 19th century by someone of the name Kingsborough and an American named Prescott. There is no documented source where Mexica called themselves Aztec.

reply to post by fiorano

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
How fast people forget the indians were not first on this land and even more so if you belive in evolution you believe in one centralised birth of mankind so that leaves everywhere fairgame.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join