It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Conspiracy site or a Religious debate Site

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I'm a little discouraged by this.. It can be any type of thread from UFO's to Contaminated food.. But some people cannot leave religion out of it.. Some topics revolve around Science with individuals always interjecting Gods will into it.. I'm a strong proponent of Free speech and all... But it gets so excessive.

You try to have a nice topic to share and debate but, People start going off topic with it.. and causes a ripple effect that disrupts the whole thing.

I'm not telling people what to do or think... Just stay on topic and not deviate from it.

P.S. I'm not talking about the religion conspiracy threads either.

~L

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more I'll find a great topic and then as I'm getting into it then WHAM somebody makes some kind of reference to one religion or another and the roller coaster begins.

I sit back and sigh clasp my forehead
and then grab a another Scotch and read some other post's hopefully until things calm down and then I return 20 to 30 replies later More if it's really heated to find out people are still at it!

[edit on 31-5-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yup, it happens all the time.. And about Scotch... Yum... Good stuff.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Well, the only over the top religious activity I have noticed lately is the Muslim bashing. Maybe I am not sensitive to it though?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Oh and another thing that gets under my skin

A simple debate is awesome when both sides use their brains and come at each other with logic, reason, and facts that's freaking awesome
But when it degenerates into name calling and being totally disrespectful Rants that just sucks!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It has kept me away from a lot of cool threads.. Very disheartening.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Is this a conspiracy site, is this thread part of a conspiracy against religious content on ATS. Are people so insecure that they are easily brow beaten by an alternative opinion and so instead of endeavouring to present their own beliefs they simply whine about those that do. Is this a conspiracy site, or a forum for people to whine about religion. How about starting a thread about a topic you love, rather than adding another thread on this one.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I'm making a very simple point.. and it's asinine of you to say this thread is a conspiracy.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Welcome to the 9/11 forums.. We get that all the time to the point i dont even wanna go there anymore.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

That's my whole point lets stay ON TOPIC! If you have a religious conspiracy thing going then by all means post and lets hear and debate it

not fight some holy war online while the subject was mutant purple alien ants found in South America

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I also see a lot of hitler style comments, "nuke the whole middle east" "muslims need to be no more!" etc etc When talking about iraq war, politics etc.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Be careful PHOENIX Somebody might think you are advocating an attack

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

People have started bashing Muslims now are they?

My, how unexpected.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I thought of a reason for this.. because people think as a last resort that they have to bring god into this because he mist be the one who is giving us these gifts, tests, whatever...

So in the end result when most people have nothing else to say they fall back on religion..

Think of it like this..
Girl 1: So scientists found this building thats 10,000 yrs old..

Girl 2: well thats cool but god said earth was here for only 3000 yrs.

G1: Well science today wouldn't be right ya know but considering all the things we got I would say they are on track.

G2: no god is aways right.. he brings us gifts to make it look like science is right.. such as tech, and cars, and things like that.

So as you see in the end they fall on religion cause they cant comprehend much of whats outside the box.. Think of it such as an ostrich burying its head so he don't have to see the hell thats about to hit him.

Anyway thats what i think.. I dunno but talking to alot of religious people i get this same idea ll the time.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 5/31/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
So maybe we could argue that religion is the greatest conspiracy.

Think about that!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

CORRECT if that was the threads topic you bet! but ...

not fighting some holy war online while the subject was mutant purple alien ants found in South America

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

here is an example

the post was

Regarding Reptillians

A Reply was

Does George W. Bush count as the boogey man? Because if yes, then I belive! And he scares the # out of me.

then from that point it went south!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here we go again.. People off Topic.. I thank those that have defended this thread!! Much Appreciated!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In regards to the OP, I see this turning into another "Creationism will destroy ATS" type of thread....its the exact same thing Astysyntax was complaining about.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

SR

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
One can only assume it's a cycle of events like ThichHeaded stated.

Under the flag of 'Denying Ignorance' both sides are here looking at each other as the ignorant party.

I can personally understand a little of the frustation of both sides, I say this not to stiffle discussion not at all it's just merely as an observation;

It does seem odd if 'God' has all the answers and it's all down to it then why are it's most ardent and vocal supporters on such varied topics and even this website to justify this.

I mean surely if God created everything what would be the need to even read a UFO thread when the said believer already has the 'answer'.

This site is to Deny Ignorance, A believer of god by there own admission cannot be ignorant as they believe in god so why the pursuit of knowledge and 'conspiracy' theories in the first place. When they know all the answers and the 'way' through god.

Evidence of a self serving paradox??? Doubt in the belief and faith??? Hence the need for constant justification??

I am not one to comment i merley have observed this and as i said before i did not mean this to cause tension, offence or stiffle discussion or appear that i want censorship because that is evil and ignorant it is just
my personal observation i am trying to understand myself a bit better the human mind.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by SR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join