It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Conspiracy site or a Religious debate Site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
In regards to the OP, I see this turning into another "Creationism will destroy ATS" type of thread....its the exact same thing Astysyntax was complaining about.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Creationism will destroy ATS??

Did you even read and comprehend what this Thread is about. I suggest you re-read it and stay on TOPIC!!!

My oh my.. The things I have to put up with.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. They are just brainwashed.

Just click that little red ignore button.

I'm sorry, religion lovers! I don't mean for you to hate me because I call it like I see it!

One piece of advice for those who want to chime in about their religion...

Don't do it! It's disrespectful! We don't like having the Vatican's billion or so meat puppets spew their vomit down our throats constantly. This is why we DON"T watch TBN! I don't watch TV, period. The one (or two) place(s) I go for a wide range of (hopefully) unbiased media and enlightened debate.... we've got these people who think they are vocalizing their own opinions, when they are totally brainwashed and spewing the crap that we hated as children down our throats because they've been sufficiently traumatized into becoming Satan in a Blue Dress's neverending mouthpiece.

Go to church! It's always open to your rhetoric!

Thank you, and good day.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Thank you.. that was very refreshing!

It seems what ever Thread you have or respond to people always go way off topic.. and do always add Religious views when they were not wanted nor appreciated.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's kind of disturbing to note... that somehow the whole nation has basically been swindled into accepting the Christian God as the mascot of our country.

Say a lot about the current state of things. Just look at the history of State Sponsored Christianity... or shall I say, Christianity Sponsored State...

It's not a good track record. Why is that all of the sudden changed?

To tie this in...

Everybody knows the slogan here. It is "deny ignorance".

While everyone is welcome here... I find that the massive influx of Christian zealots preaching their word to be contaminating this site and it's "non-ignorant" thread posts. Repeat it once, it's questionable. Repeat it twice, it becomes plausable. Repeat it three times, and it becomes truth.

That's a stretch... but I really do think that us simply having to put up with it is an outrage, because religion is a known and proven tool of instilling ignorance. It, inevitably like a virus, will infect and spread its ignorance across the board. I've already seen this. Maybe this is why people have come up with some of these conspiracies about ATS itself. It's no longer a place where its motto is being defended.

The religious aspect is a BIG part of the problem. I respect people's opinions... when the opinions are born of their own thought pattern.
Quoting scripture is NOT YOUR OPINION.

Leave the Vatican's opinion in your own brainwashed closed up mind.

I honestly don't even get why there are so many of these preachers on this site. Why would somebody who's a strict Christian American Loyalist who believes the Earth is the height of Creation... come to a site, and blatantly show us that they do not care for the opinions expressed here or truth and openmindedness of any kind???

It just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, I did go off on a little tangent... but it seemed relevant to the subject at hand.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I myself have wondered if ATS promotes This contamination of Christianity
Into most Threads.. Lol.. It is like a Disease..
On another note
Could you imagine if the Dark ages would have never happened.. And an Intellectual renaissance had been pursued..

Where would we be right now?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If you examine the topics that get discussed in these forums, you will see that religion is very much connected to many of the popular subjects of discussion.

Take the 911 conspiracies for example. It is almost impossible to talk about 911 without mentioning the Bush administraion. Which usually seems to lead to someone making a rude comment about the fundie Christians who supposedly got him elected. This usually leads to Christians on the forum getting offended and making posts in their defense. Which usually leads to a debate.

Religion is also tied into the UFO discussions. This is because there are many who believe that God, angels, demons, and aliens are all one in the same. I should also point out that this is speculated by both religious and nonreligious people.

And what about all those NWO topics? The oldest source of information regarding the NWO is Christian eschatology. Like it or not, nobody on these forums or anywhere else would know squat about NWO if it had not first been prophecied in the ancient Hebrew and Christian writings.

As you can see, religion, conspiracy theories, and other alternative topics are somewhat inseparable. So I really don't see what you are complaining about with this thread.

Also, most of the Chistians on these forums do not preach or shove their beliefs down your throat. Just because a Christian states what they believe about a topic of discussion does not mean that they are shoving their beliefs down your throat.

Also, religious debates only start when some smartmouthed secularist starts making arrogant remarks regarding religious people and their beliefs. If you don't want the debates, don't insult the religious people. Pretty simple.

The way I see it, the creation of this thread is just another classic example of hypocrisy and hate speech. Nice job.

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Lightmare]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

No.. I think you were right on Topic with that.
I had a Thread similar to what you said and it was deleted by ATS.. While people have topics much more Inflammatory then what I had.. and they get to keep theirs.

SR

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian

I myself have wondered if ATS promotes This contamination of Christianity
Into most Threads.. Lol.. It is like a Disease..
On another note
Could you imagine if the Dark ages would have never happened.. And an Intellectual renaissance had been pursued..

Where would we be right now?

I wonder the same, I also wonder about the future if we all escape from this planet and into the stars will it truely be the end of civilisation as no one will be able to keep each other in check.

Each religion will still maintain it's the true one and go around converting everything that comes into contact. We could possibly end up with seperate galaxies for each religion.

How do religions justify the conversion of other species in space when by their own admission God made everything in the universe..what if these aliens have their own religions. The potential troubles that could be caused.

If a crusades type scenario breaks out amongst the stars between planets as well then argghhh the destruction to the beauty of our universe is not worth thinking about.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

I disagree.. UFO's, The Bush administration, 9/11 and so forth do not pertain to religion.

UFO's = Aliens society..There technology to explore the universe.. I see no connection to God or religious views.

Bush Administartion =Who knows.. Certainly no logical link to God Or religion.

9/11= Terrorist attack.. Not God or what ever.

Your View of this thread is opinionated and very subjective.

Lastly.. Stay on Topic

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

"" It's kind of disturbing to note... that somehow the whole nation has basically been swindled into accepting the Christian God as the mascot of our country. ""

Wasn't our ONCE great nation founded by God fearing men? How is it that folks got swindled? How do you know the SWINDLE, isn't the concept you bought into? The greatest document ever written, besides the Bible, was our constitution. But the truth is, there were more than just Christians at the founding of our country, and both sides were doing their best to get their own way. Wordsmiths then and wordsmiths now were and are doing their part to manipulate the masses and affect our future. Truth is a rare commodity, it has to be discovered from a true desire to understand.

You seemed to have ignorantly lumped ALL Christians together, due to your lack of understanding. It is too bad, for one can only pray that you will someday soon , wake up and smell the coffee.

Anyways, religion is connected to everything and on a few levels. The apostacy ruins that which is true and morphs the church into this phony world view that folks like dunwich rightly see as a fraud, but on the other hand they do not realize the true church, like truth, has no voice in the mass media and they are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I suppose the real problem is, the deception. Perhaps you can discover it, before you buy into more lies.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by toasted]

[edit on 31-5-2008 by toasted]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
reply to post by Lightmare

I disagree.. UFO's, The Bush administration, 9/11 and so forth do not pertain to religion.

UFO's = Aliens society..There technology to explore the universe.. I see no connection to God or religious views.

Bush Administartion =Who knows.. Certainly no logical link to God Or religion.

9/11= Terrorist attack.. Not God or what ever.

Your View of this thread is asinine.

Lastly.. Stay on Topic

Then you apparently only skim through these pages and don't pay much attention to detail.

All of the topics I mentioned get tied into religion sometimes. My previous post told you how and why it happens. The funny thing is that its not always religious people who do it. I'm sorry if you have such a problem with it

And my view of this thread is actually quite accurate. Although I forgot to mention that since this same topic was recently brought up in the following thread , www.abovetopsecret.com... , then I guess that not only makes this thread hate speech...it makes it a troll thread as well.

Oh and by the way...thanks for adding me as a foe. I'll take it as a compliment.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Your response was not on TOPIC!! Grrrrrrr.
Please read my first Post closely and try to comprehend it... Or I will Ignore you.. I don't want to do it but... I will.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
Also, most of the Chistians on these forums do not preach or shove their beliefs down your throat.

I take it you've never read any of the "gay" threads?

I also find it quite amusing that christians are so worried about things being shoved down their throat. Especially in the gay threads.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

To tell you the truth is really starting to look like a conspiracy within a religious conspiracy to flood every thread with religious innuendos and links.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It does appear that way.. Most who use religious innuendo as a response either
cannot comprehend the topic or feel compelled to debunk reason with religious Rhetoric.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Since Religion is the BIGGEST CONSPIRACY there is.
well, I guess there no way to avoid it in a conspiracy site.

the two are linked together indefinitely.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
This happens because of the New Age movement where they try to link everything to spirituality and that is the starting point of all the religious debate in topics that originally where not religious. For example when we talk about cosmology or aliens, the topic of Nibiru/Planet X is always shoved in and it has many religious connotations about the end of the world and so on, so the threads deviate from their original purpose. A thread that wanted to discuss about the findings of new planets and galaxies degenerates into a fight between New Agers, Christians and Atheists or at the very least is full of religious off-topic spam.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've noticed this myself recently - and I share your frustration with it.

Over the last couple of years, there's been a growing trend among certain groups of evangelical Christians to label science and scientific thought as "a religion". As that idea has passed through the ranks, so to speak, I've been finding that more people see it as fair game to insert religion into non-religious threads, on the grounds that as both are "religious points of view", they have some kind of equal footing in the debate.

Frankly, I've given up. Once a thread reaches that religious turning point - where the discussion turns from the topic at hand to religious diatribe, I stop checking it. No new information is likely to be revealed, so what's the point?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Staying on topic here........ I think you're begging the questions a little, by giving the choice of "conspiracy" OR "religious". I don't think we can cubbhole the intent nor the choices of people in just those two. I also don't myself find much conflict between spirituality and science. I think they both describe variables and use different language to do so. No, I'm not a Creationist. I don't find a lot in Creationist dogma that resonates as viable information, but that's just my own view.

Short answer: As a previous posted suggested, I think there's a lot of segue and/or tie-in between many of these topics and religion. I think horrific things have occurred in human history in the name of religion, but also believe it is a part of our history and the human experience.

I would not support a site that elected to censor mention of religious beliefs. I agree that it can become tiresome sometimes in the manner in which debated topics get derailed sometimes. I think many religious books and documents contain historical references and tales/stories that are intriguing in the interpretation of them. I once went through the Bible, from Genesis onward, viewing it in the context of scientific information, and highlighting entries that I thought spoke strongly of science. Do you know that the majority of the first seven books of the Bible ended up being highlighted? I abandoned that project shortly afterward.

I don't see a mention of a person's religious perspective as 'shoving it down my throat'. I haven't been here nearly as long as you, but have experienced similar discussions on other sites. Would you believe this issue emerges time and time again on one of my favorite weather blogs?

For myself, I try to keep in mind that people that are here.... they have questions, and many have pre-existing strong convictions. I think the binding 'glue' is the ability to ask questions, and truly listen to the answers without running everything through our own personal filters. Sometimes we even learn things.

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Reading this thread along with the other "Creationist will destroy ATS" it seems to me that most members feel the way both OP's feel.

Personally I don't care if a fundie [and I mean this is a good way] inserts there views and even scripture into a thread even if it is ridiculous. It is still discussion and that is the point of this site people expressing their views and opinions.

What I don't like is the clan like behavior of some members I have noticed and IMO this behavior seems to come from the fundie side. It's the attitudes that bother me the most, the whole if you don't believe then your just dumb as they post and repost the same ideological biblical based propaganda starring each other and patting each other on the back for the wonderful job they are doing. What pride and even hatefulness they show on threads that they take over.

Anyway I do wonder way so many religious have been flocking to ATS in the last year or so, kinda like they are being targeted to join here.

From what members have stated this is becoming a problem and it will be interesting to see what the site does about it if they do anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join