It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Conspiracy site or a Religious debate Site

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
[Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
reply to post by atlasastro

I chose not to bother searching for the all of 5 seconds it would take to find something

You and the OP have failed to take 5 seconds to defend your position....sure....keep up the BS.

purely because I thought the irony of the fact that the very thread you were on was being hi jacked by a religious idiot, wouldn't escape you. Unfortunately I forgot that irony is lost on those that lack the intelligence to recognize it.

read the title of the thread......it asks a question about religion on ATS.....and you are suprised that religious people will appear and post......who is the idiot here, really. There is no irony in your post. Just stupidity.

Why I'm surprised I don't know. What did I expect from someone who believes in a big bearded man in the sky that none of us can see, right?
The question is not Why am i suprised but why am i such an ignoramous in assuming that religious posts will not appear on a thread that questions the validity of such posts. It might be also useful to note that this thread appeared at the same time as two other threads, all attacking religious posts......which may explain my first post on this thread. Not that i want to convince you of anything, but i do so in trying to explain so as to help those that lack both the intellect and temperance for the growth of knowledge which might aid them in the denial of ignorance, obviously wasted in this case. On you.

BTW....your complete lack of understanding or acceptance of religion and its place in society might be an excuse to insult people and their beliefs. But your arrogance in assuming that this is my personal belief is further evidence of your ignorance. The only reason you are posting here is to express your own pesonal beliefs in relation to anothers.....which is what posting religious material is......just a personal belief. And as this is a public forum any idiot could easily expect that given the massive amounts of people who use religion to help them interact with the world, that it would be used on ATS....a public forum, open to the public.....get it yet.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
reply to post by orangetom1999

Nice try turning the table, but your argument lacks one important factor.
Not believing in your ridiculous superstitions is not a religion, it is called rationality. I suppose you could call it Rationalism, then it would be a religious belief in stuff that isn't nonsensical, but that would require us to gather together in a little building of some type, and talk about how other ism's aren't the true ism's, because only we know the true ism.
Just thinking about the ridiculousness of it gives me a headache. I really don't know how you "believers" do it. The tylenol must cost you a fortune.....

My post was about religion...not rationality per se. I do know however that among some rationality is thier religion. They have great faith in it. They believe it...hence falling under the title of religion.
It just happens to fall under the arena of Pagan religions. I know this by the usage of the Occult terms consciousness, reason, logic...philosophys, etc. With this fingerprint I can certainly understand why one would have an aversion to anything hinting at another Belief.

The problem here with the OP and those who support the position is thier obvious frustration to the point of justifying mental superiority over others...to justify a position of entitlement by mental superiority. The superior mental attempt to exclude others. This is not rational once you see it for what it is. Especially on a board or forum not owned or operated by them. A building if you prefer...called ATS.
Entitlement is also not .....deny ignorance. Entitlement is Feudalism...Royalty. It is even class warfare if you like.

The rational logical reasonable method ..to those who understand in like manner and want their way....especially those who believe in entitlement by mental superiority...is to create their own board ..their own method of communicating across the huge gulf. To control and regulate it for thier purposes..to their accountability and for the purpose of excluding others of whom they perceive of lesser mental capacitys.

You do know by logic and reason as well as by historical precident..that there is a clear example of this among human beings ...yes?? It is called an Exodus.

I thought you should know this irony in lieu of the Feudal Royal Mentaly Superior Entitlement Dogma.

Thanks,
Orangetom

Also AtlasAstro..very good post your last...thanks for this view. spot on the target. In the X ring...very nice shooting.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by orangetom1999]

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yup.. Just what I was talking about.. Hijacked by those that feel threatened.

Is this to close to the Truth?? you can't handle not being in control and scream religious persecution...

I see it for what it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
Yup.. Just what I was talking about.. Hijacked by those that feel threatened.

I see you have waited weeks and weeks to sneak back in and answer posters. And you still offer nothing but BS. Threatened, by what, your lack of logical, unsupported and biased accusations aimed at religious posters. Please....lol...threatened. What kind of a fool are you are to suggest your thread is being hi-jacked, you post this after weeks and weeks of inactivity, lol.

Is this to close to the Truth?? you can't handle not being in control and scream religious persecution...

I see it for what it is.
Show me the truth, once again I will ask you to pleae link a thread other than this one that has been derailed by religious posters. I have asked you to do this more that 3 times. It appears the truth is that you can't. It appears the truth is you are unable to support your attack on religious posters. It appears that there is no truth at all to what you claim. It appears that you just jumped on to troll and it appears you were to weak to answer posters on your own thread and so had to creep into your own thread weeks after to attack your critics with nothing other than more accusations that they are unfairly crying "persecution."
I find it amusing that you actually think your oponion carries the gravitas of persecution. Weak, baseless accusations from a spineless OP without the guts to answer his critics when originally confronted.
Just as i thought, weak. The truth is revealed. Go back to watching SG-1.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's sad really. All these people who love to mock God, will be begging for God's forgiveness when the stuff hits the fan

If your sooo smart, choose your day of death.

What, you don't know the day you'll die?!.

Well, you can take control of the day you day one way, and one way only.

By exterminating yourself. Doesn't sound so fun, does it?

I suggest you learn to trust and RESPECT God.

All of your heretical statements are being recorded in the BIG BOOK for
future reference.

You will be sorry you were so arrogant.

That is the truth.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by Manasseh]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

But if you get saved right before you die, doesn't all that get washed away?

DA831

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
THere are definite religions out here quite contrary to Christianity and have the identifiable fingerprint of logic and reason. They claim rationality...being rational. They are a method of rationalizing a certain position.

These religions are very philosophical and come under the heading of Gnostic , Sophist religions. They are famous for such rationale, logic and reason. THey are also very olde religions and predate Christianity by many many years. Some of them even predate the Olde Testament times before the Exodus...before the Instructions to Moses to get Gods people out of Egypt and present them with the Law.
These religions of Logic and Reason, Gnosticism and Sophism have a very long pedigree indeed.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkangel831

Is that a chance you want to take?

No, if you are saved right before you die, you bypass seperation from God (hell)
but we will all have to review the BIG BOOK, which is a record of our lives.

You, I, everyone will feel what other people have felt when we have wronged them. We all have a cross to bear.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here we go again... This is not the place for such talk. And besides.. isn't only Christians that will go to the "Proverbial Heaven" I'm not taking about other Religions.. I think it's a complete sham. Read your book and believe and you will be taken care of..

Man wrote the Bible.. NOT GOD!!!!!!!!!

And don't even say it was inspired by GOD..

Tell a Lie long enough and loud enough and it becomes truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join