It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a Conspiracy site or a Religious debate Site

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Sigh
This post is a fine example of getting off topic it's not a religious debate or deferences in views on this faith or that it's about "getting off topics"

Example Topic "Purple alien Chickens!"
20 replies later down we find George W caused 9/11

Sigh....how about a link. How about one were, as you and the OP claim, it is religious content that derails the thread.. Read the title on this thread. Sigh.....you example is not fine, its actually quite pathetic. sigh. Answer the question. Can you link to threads that have been derailed by religious content as the OP claims he/she is sick and tired off, and you have posted that you agree.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
reply to post by dunwichwitch

I myself have wondered if ATS promotes This contamination of Christianity
Into most Threads.. Lol.. It is like a Disease..
On another note
Could you imagine if the Dark ages would have never happened.. And an Intellectual renaissance had been pursued..

I guess its a disease until you find a cool use for it as your signature. Like you do. Lantian. What say you?

>

International Standard Version (©2008)
Then Jesus asked him, "What's your name?" He said to him, "My name is Legion, because there are many of us."
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And He was asking him, "What is your name?" And he said to Him, "My name is Legion; for we are many."

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Yes, It is my Signature.. And I happen to like it.. Been using it for many years.
Go a head and pick apart every word I have used.. Doesn't mean much to me coming from the likes of you or anybody else that may happen to notice it and take offense.

You have "Your" views and I have mine.

Anything else you wish to say?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It would appear that "Myself and those Enlightened Individuals who have shared their view and support of this thread have come under ATTACK for our VERY VALID Observations of what is "going on here"

Just because the others are trying to Invalidate OUR Consciousness, Our Reason, Our Opinions, Our Philosophy.. Doesn't mean they are correct in their assumptions.

And off Topic again.. Attacking my signature...LMAO Because is comes from the Bible. By saying that... You purpose and pass judgment that I'm EVIL ..

Are you God...Lol.. Can you pass Judgment.. NO you can't.

Watch yourself hypocrite.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Lantian]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sure seems to be a lot of whiners,seems to me every other post are blaming the Mason's for everything from fuel to aliens,sounds to me some people will complain about anything,can't take the heat get out of the kitchen

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Your post is not on TOPIC!!!

Stay on topic or leave.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Who's blaming Masons?? Are you on the right Thread?

This is not a discussion about Masons.

Or were you trying to draw a parallel?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by toasted

Closed minded you say.. Well I say NO! Just tired of BS religious interjection where it doesn't belong!

It's a valid observation of what goes on in other threads..

Poke it with a stick, Step on it, Burn it.. yea.. That's a good one..

I SEE MOB RULE HERE... AND YOU ALL ARE IT.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Lantian]

And I see an atheist, having a hissy fit! So what?!

We all have a point of view, and must call them like we see them, and reconsider upon hearing something that seems to fit better.

I don't know which threads you were/are referring to

but I must agree with the time lord that science and the Bible

go hand in hand and science has even proved the existence of biblical areas

much to the chagrin of the deniers movement.

In my opinion, you have foolishly denied yourself to even

consider anything Biblical, because it would hurt your false pride to admit you have been wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Atheist you say.. Your assumption is incorrect and really none of your concern.

I see you no longer want to stay on Topic.. Just the thing I have been complaining about.

"In my opinion, you have foolishly denied yourself to even
consider anything Biblical, because it would hurt your false pride to admit you have been wrong"

My views on anything Biblical are not in question here. Nor have I remarked on them. And they have no place in this thread. This is about an absurd phenomenon tainting threads with subjective information that has no bearing on the Topic.

Take your hatred elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think the reason God comes up so much is because religious people have this need to make other people believe what they believe. This craving comes from the fear that they're wrong. The fear that maybe, when they die, there's nothing else and they will have wasted away all their years being subservient to a figment of their imaginations.

But if they look around, and they see that other people share their beliefs, then there's no way they could be wrong... right? After all, the more people who believe their religion, the more likely it is to be true... right? Right. That's how every religion since the dawn of ages has managed to keep people from exploring the "crazy factor" of their religions. That, and the ever popular "ANGER THE GODS AND YOU WILL SUFFERRRRR!!!"

So they'll keep preaching until the day they die, at which point they will cease to have consciousness and they'll be devoured by worms, bugs, and microbes. Then they'll become food for bigger and bigger animals, until the very atoms that once comprised them are being used to form the proteins of other human beings.

And those new humans will come back here on ATS and continue to explain to us how we are sinners for buying stuff with barcodes on them and aliens are actually reptilians which are actually demons which are actually nephilim which actually came from planet X which is actually named nibiru which is actually where flying saucers come from which is actually where we reverse engineered the barcode from...

Ahh... the circle of life at its finest.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

It would appear that "Myself and those Enlightened Individuals who have shared their view and support of this thread have come under ATTACK for our VERY VALID Observations of what is "going on here"
Can you link to the threads that validates this observation please.

Just because the others are trying to Invalidate OUR Consciousness, Our Reason, Our Opinions, Our Philosophy.. Doesn't mean they are correct in their assumptions.
I have only encountered your opinion so far on your thread, you seem devoid of reasonable proof that threads are being derailed by off topic religious posts. Is your philosophy that you are so sick of religious posts that go off topic and destroy threads that you were motivated to start this thread, but you are then unable to simply link these threads to show people that it is in fact happening.....as per your claims and observations.....i hope this is on topic enough for you. Put up or Shut Up....hows that for reason and philosophy.

And off Topic again.. Attacking my signature...LMAO Because is comes from the Bible. By saying that... You purpose and pass judgment that I'm EVIL ..

Are you God...Lol.. Can you pass Judgment.. NO you can't.
Did i say that you are evil. you assume all this.How is a reply to YOUR comment, of topic. I am simply confused as to why someone who likens religious content to a disease, claims he is sick of it on threads, would then use it a signature...it kind of seems...umm....what is the word....oh yeah....hypocritical. Simple on topic question. Why can i not discover what motivates the OP and the reasons for his Post. As you seem to assume to know what motivates me....

You purpose and pass judgment that I'm EVIL ..

Are you God...Lol.. Can you pass Judgment.

Watch yourself hypocrite.
Can you show me where i contradict myself. Can you answer my questions on an earlier posts. That i have asked three times, can you explain why it is that you are sick of religious posts and content, liken it to a disease, and then use religious scripture because it is cool. hypocrite

Can you validate your OP claims or are you just another troll trying to upset people.
p.s. i am still get the odd chuckle from your off topic reply attacking me on this threadwww.belowtopsecret.com...'
for linking my thread to external studies and research that supported my arguement. You then make two more off topic replies attacking me. My last reply to you on my thread askd you to offer questions or comment on the thread. You did'nt.LOL. Yep, enlightened, resonable and philisophical. That's you in a nutshell.
can you provide the links that support your OP. Yes or No, It is that simple. just like i did above.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by atlasastro]

[edit on 5-6-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There are fine examples all over ATS.

You find them.

Just another attempt to discredit this Thread.

There is a Conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I'm a little discouraged by this.. It can be any type of thread from UFO's to Contaminated food.. But some people cannot leave religion out of it.. Some topics revolve around Science with individuals always interjecting Gods will into it.. I'm a strong proponent of Free speech and all... But it gets so excessive.

You try to have a nice topic to share and debate but, People start going off topic with it.. and causes a ripple effect that disrupts the whole thing.

I'm not telling people what to do or think... Just stay on topic and not deviate from it.

P.S. I'm not talking about the religion conspiracy threads either.

~L

Read Stephen Hawkins Universe book ...He Speaks of God in it...
And it was funny too.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Lantian]

sorry bout Injecting God into your post

[edit on 18-6-2008 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

You want a link to a thread that has been derailed by religious idiocy?
here you go:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry if i stepped on your toes Lantian, but somebody needed to answer the bible boy and his thumping cohorts.....

[edit on 18-6-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

Thank You for posting the link.

I didn't want to keep feeding the beast..lol

Edit:

LMAO.. That's a link to this thread.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Lantian]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat

You want a link to a thread that has been derailed by religious idiocy?
here you go:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sorry if i stepped on your toes Lantian, but somebody needed to answer the bible boy and his thumping cohorts.....

[edit on 18-6-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

Thanks for helping the OP out as he could not provide an answer. Your link is excellent. It proves my point. As i said to the OP, put up or shut up. He shut up. No matter. It is sad that even you, Morethan1waytoskinacat, one of his cohorts can't even help him out with some decent proof, logic or incite that would support his baseless and false claims. Troll. And a Trolling cohort. That is what wreaks threads....thanks for showing that.

Of all the threads on ATS.....you only come up with one. Yep. One. And you fail to show how it is off topic and how it was religion that did so. How pathetic.

I tell you what, something was thumped on this thread alright.....and it wasn't a bible. Yep OP i am looking at you and your false claims and accusations. Troll.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Creationism, conspiracies ... all the same nonsense... why be surprised to find them intertwined here?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

Lantian and others,

You guys do know that this quote I am posting here....falls under the index or fingerprint of religion yes??

Reason and Logic followed up by Consciousness are in fact the hallmarks or index/fingerprint of religion. It is just not the religion of which most are trained to spot. This falls under Philosophy which also falls under the Occult fingerprint. Which is also a religious belief system. Many occultists love to quote the great philosophers as sources in support of thier religions. Another term for this type of Occult religion is the Gnostic or wisemen religions. THe Magi..Sophists and such. Lots of varietys of this religon to be found once one knows the fingerprint. We know this about religion because when people get deep into the formal training of these diciplines/religions ..they often graduate with the Robes and Mortar Boards of the various degrees...just like the Pharisees had thier robes.

Dont worry ..because most Bible Believers are not trained to spot this fingerprint or religion ...at all. THey are to one track. Ironically it is all over the Bible once you know for what to look...yet they dont seem to get it.

Consciousness is a term used often in Eastern Religious belief systems. Philosophy is a dicipline often mentioned and referenced in Occult textbooks...as an attempt to tie ideas and concepts together and support the religion being taught. Consciousness and Philosophy are often used together in support of these religions. Very common words in Occult texts...consciousness and philosophys. And occult is religious in nature.

What you have here is a struggle between perspectives of the search for truth. One truth system obviously disapproves of another truth system with Zealous and devout disapproval.
Zealousness and devoutness is also a hallmark or fingerprint of Religion. Hence you often see me make the parallel in Zealousness and devoutness applying to Poliltics...translate that to say politics is also a religion. One does not have to be particularly bright or intellectual to see the dots connected here.
The problem with most people when viewing politics is not only that they cannot grasp that it is a zealous devout religious system but that it is also a hidden concealed esoteric religious system. Much of the dealings and innerworks of politics is not for the knowlege of the public it intends to control. It is hidden ..concealed....which is also a definition of Occult..and once again we are back to religion. It is pretty simple once you know the fingerprint.

Religion is all around you once you know..and can follow the fingerprint.

The religion of politics also trys to do what is being attempted here...to control the conversation or rules..implied so as to control the topic line...who or whom can participate. Sound familiar. ARe there politicians in this room??

My point here is that the motto on ATS/BTS is to deny ignonrance.
There are people out here who are trained in religions...sufficient to see it in many of the so called diciplines offered by this world.

Denying others the ability to post...based on religion while obviously posting your own religious beliefs and practices...appears to go against the ATS/BTS motto.

Be very careful what you think is or is not religion or religious.

When I detect a fingerprint of Zealousness and Devoutness of the type some of you are so obviously practicing..I immediately up my radar levels to detect what the religion is being promoted.

Thanks to all for their posts,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I chose not to bother searching for the all of 5 seconds it would take to find something, purely because I thought the irony of the fact that the very thread you were on was being hi jacked by a religious idiot, wouldn't escape you. Unfortunately I forgot that irony is lost on those that lack the intelligence to recognize it.
Why I'm surprised I don't know. What did I expect from someone who believes in a big bearded man in the sky that none of us can see, right?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Nice try turning the table, but your argument lacks one important factor.
Not believing in your ridiculous superstitions is not a religion, it is called rationality. I suppose you could call it Rationalism, then it would be a religious belief in stuff that isn't nonsensical, but that would require us to gather together in a little building of some type, and talk about how other ism's aren't the true ism's, because only we know the true ism.
Just thinking about the ridiculousness of it gives me a headache. I really don't know how you "believers" do it. The tylenol must cost you a fortune.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join