It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has an infantile mentality.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

JFK also had a long-standing and famously painful back injury earned when PT109 was cut in half by a Japanese destroyer.

That would be while JFK, elitist son of a bootlegger and war-profiteer, was on active service with the US Navy in the Pacific.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Right be serious now, SHOW me any part of those quotes which are childish.... go on I DARE YOU!!!!

What's worse...Baracks , let's face it, middle of the road quips/ice-breakers or the following run down of quotes from....
YOUR ONLY OTHER CHOICE FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Lets take a look...

"I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated."

and who could forget that timeless classic...

"The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should ... (but) I've got Greenspan's book."

I don't mean to come over all "up this week at number six", but theres a fair few quotes from good old McCain that are pretty disturbing which I could have used here.

I know what'd be important to me, and it wouldn't be ANY of what you claim to be displays of Infantile Mentality.

Someone needs to start an Anti-Obama-Bashing thread...

Now THAT would be worth reading, unlike THIS waste of time and virtual memory!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
reply to post by realshanti

JFK also had a long-standing and famously painful back injury earned when PT109 was cut in half by a Japanese destroyer.

That would be while JFK, elitist son of a bootlegger and war-profiteer, was on active service with the US Navy in the Pacific.

was gonna mention that...oops - forgot...

but seriously......we are so screwed....I've debated on other threads about the whole Obama "is a racist" horsepuckey....but aside from that I'm not feelin the candidates...any of the candidates...I have a sinking suspicion that whoever is elected will not have the power or will to dismantle the old guard network...Hillary might have the power (having been in the cat bird seat long enough to have dirt on everyone in Washington...this is how Johnson when he was president was able to pass as much progressive legislation as he did) but not the will and now it looks as if she's out of the picture anyway...

McCain??? power maybe but will I think not....Obama??? stars in his eyes and but no power...thats my take...hope I'm wrong...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Hillary the Smartest how? you first have to define smart and that means is debatable, voting for the Iraq war definitely was not in the smart column on any test, I know its not on an IQ test though but that was not a smart decision.
Making up a complete lie about ducking sniper fire? now that had to be one of the dumbest things someone could do considering there is video providing proof of the lie, I think Hillary is no smarter than anyone else, she attempts to project the image and uses the Clinton name to give herself credibility, and the last time i checked the only experience that counts for any job is if you've ever done the job before or else you're padding your resume with lies.To sum it up the biggest underdog Obama is suddenly the big bad wolf and the Clintons need to face the facts, they completely fumbled the ball when they decided to start playing dirty when they saw the tables turning on them, shame on Bill and Hillary for showing that they will do anything to win.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by phinubian]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
And a blanket statement that none of our arguments are worth listening to, this is the problem,

I can't find any arguments that are worth listening to. People on this thread say, "Obama's a LIAR"! Where did he lie? Stories are made up about what he HAD to think about this or what he probably meant when he said that and you (generic) call that a lie. You perceive something he said and take it out of context and call it a lie. You say that sitting in his church for 20 years means he's lying about something. I'd really like to know where's the lie?

I've been asking for substance since the beginning of this thread and I have yet to see it. You want to talk about his personality, his beliefs, the person he is? Let's do it. You may not like the guy, like many, because of something they can't quite put their finger on, but I haven't seen any proof that he lied about anything.

all this division and you got people that won't even listen to our grievances.
I will listen! Tell me!

By the way, I answered your questions. You have yet to answer mine. You resorted to a personal attack. So, I'll ask again... What's the difference between saying "a typical social group" and "a typical racial group"? Typical just means that you're making a generalization.

If you and I were talking about wealth among the youth today, and I say someone is a typical hip hop artist, you might picture a black guy with designer clothes, bling hanging all over him and a grill. If, on the other hand, we were talking about a news story where there was a shooting in a drug deal and I said "typical hip-hop scum" THAT would be a different matter. THAT would be an insult. Obama was generalizing about white people. Big freaking deal. People generalize all the time.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And you wouldn't know a snake if it bit you. Like many of the Obamaites, you refuse to look at who Obama really is.

Obama titled his well known book, "The Audacity of Hope" from a line in a speech by Wright. If Obama was able to pick this line out of one of Wrights speeches, how could he fail to see the numerous racists statements in Wrights sermons?

You can pretend all you want that this is not important, but the reality is that this is very important.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

Hillary proved she was smarter than Obama in the debates. Hillary was better informed, quicker at thinking on her feet, and showed that she commanded a deeper understanding of the issues, and a greater knowledge of the political realities. Even the Obama cheering media had to be-grudgingly admit this.

The intel at the time of the vote for the Iraqi war was enough to substantiate the invasion. You can't blame Hillary for voting for the war based on the intel at the time, because we NOW all know the intel was fabricated. It was a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of decision. Obama has voted to continue to fund the war, now that he is in the senate, so he is just as guilty as Hillary in supporting the Iraqi war.

As far as Hillary's statement about arriving under sniper fire, if that is the best you got, then you got nothing. How is this worse than Obama's claim that his uncle "was part of the first American troops to go into Auschwitz and liberate the concentration camps". I would say that this makes Obama a bigger liar than Hillary. Add to this Obama's claims he didn't know about Wrights racists statements, Obama's claim that he was never a Muslim when he attended special training for young Muslim boys, and gives the Opening prayers of Islam in a perfect Arabian accent. By the way, speaking the opening prayers of Islam is giving allegiance to Islam, and most Muslims consider this to be proof that one is a Muslim. These are very, VERY big lies.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Those quotes were taken out of context. Mind providing a link to the full interview/speech? I'm not saying he's not speaking in double talk ... I'd just like to be able to discern it for myself and not from very short quotes with no references.

I could provide numerous video clips of McCain and Hilary doing the same double speak, but I'm sure you've seen them alread.

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Wow. You actually admit that you are voting for someone based upon skin color and not because of ability? Well... they say admitting a problem is the first step to solving it. Good luck.

Yeah, that's what I said when we were "left" with the remaining candidates: "WOW."

I have no problem. The problem resides in the "choices" that we're given for candidates.
Choices:
1. Ron Paul (no longer "viable") - because he the best person to fix America's problems.
2. Obama - because he black.
3. Hilary - because she's a woman.
4. no vote - because I won't vote for McCain.

Choices 2 - 3 don't differ enough in policy for me a make a choice between them based on that, so I'll base my choice on superficial reason.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
And you wouldn't know a snake if it bit you. Like many of the Obamaites, you refuse to look at who Obama really is.

A. What does a snake biting me have to do with Obama?
B. Check my signature. I support Ron Paul.

Obama titled his well known book, "The Audacity of Hope" from a line in a speech by Wright. If Obama was able to pick this line out of one of Wrights speeches, how could he fail to see the numerous racists statements in Wrights sermons?

To which racist statements are you referring? These "racist" statements"?

"Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single parent home. Barack was," Wright says in a video of the sermon posted on YouTube. "Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary! Hillary ain't never been called a ''n-word'!' Hillary has never had her people defined as a non-person." Source

Because I don't think those are racist statements. That's just the truth.

"When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign. I made it clear at the time that I strongly condemned his comments," Obama wrote. "But because Rev. Wright was on the verge of retirement, and because of my strong links to the Trinity faith community, where I married my wife and where my daughters were baptized, I did not think it appropriate to leave the church."

Obama said he was not in church when Wright made the statements that we've all heard. He did not say he'd never heard any controversial statements from Wright. In fact, I remember reading (but I can't find it now) that Obama acknowledged Wrights controversial opinions on some subjects.

You can pretend all you want that this is not important, but the reality is that this is very important.

What specifically is important? That Barack heard some controversial statements from his pastor and didn't quit the church? You think that's meaningful and important? You certainly have the right to hold that as important, but I do not. Many do not. I don't care what church Obama goes to or what the preacher there believes or says. That has nothing to do with the kind of president that Obama would make. And Obama is not accountable for everything that people close to him say.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
People on this thread say, "Obama's a LIAR"! Where did he lie?

Here are five possible lies told by Obama to get you started:

1. Barack Obama in 2003, talking to the AFL/CIO:

“I happen to be a proponent of single-payer universal healthcare coverage. That’s what I’d like to see.”

In January, 2008, Obama claimed in a nationally televised debate:

"I never said that we should try to go ahead and get single-payer."

2. On the January 22nd edition of "Meet the Press," Tim Russert and Obama had the following exchange:

Russert: "When we talked back in November of '04 after your election, I said, 'There's been enormous speculation about your political future. Will you serve your six-year term as United States senator from Illinois?'"

Obama: "I will serve out my full six-year term. You know, Tim, if you get asked enough, sooner or later you get weary and you start looking for new ways of saying things. But my thinking has not changed."

Russert: "So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?"

Obama: "I will not."

3. As another example, consider Obama's stirring tale for the Selma audience about how he had been conceived by his parents, Barack Obama Sr. and Ann Dunham, because they had been inspired by the fervor following the "Bloody Sunday" voting rights demonstration that was commemorated March 4. "There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama," he said, "because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born. So don't tell me I don't have a claim on Selma, Alabama. Don't tell me I'm not coming home to Selma, Alabama"

Obama was born in 1961, and the Selma march occurred four years later, in 1965. The New York Times reported that when the senator was asked about the discrepancy later that day, he clarified: "I meant the whole civil rights movement."

4. Obama promised to use public funding in the general election if the Republican candidate would do so also. Well, McCain has agreed to it, but now Obama wants to back out of the deal.

5. "I've always been a Christian," the Illinois Democrat responded. "I have never practiced [Islam]."

In his autobiography, "Dreams From My Father," Obama mentions studying the Quran. He was enrolled in two Jakarta schools as a Muslim. His teacher Tine Hahiyary said that she remembered that he had studied "mengaji" (recitation of the Quran)." Classmate Rony Amiris described Obama as being a very devout Muslim, saying, "Barry was previously quite religious in Islam." Another classmate, Emirsyah Satar, now the CEO of Garuda Indonesia, was quoted as saying, "He (Obama) was often in the prayer room wearing a 'sarong.'" (See Obama's Education.)

Yet, on his official campaign website, Obama has posted this statement, "Barack has never been a Muslim or practiced any other faith besides Christianity."

So you be the judge. Is Obama honest or not. Of course Obamacons will find rationalizations the same way Clinton supporters found excuses for her sniper whopper.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The expression, "You wouldn't know a snake if it bit you" means you can not recognize the obvious.

The truth is that white people have been described as non-human by racists like Wright. The expression "blue eyed devils" comes to mind.

The truth is, that for Obama to claim that he was not aware of Wrights racist statements, after titling a book after one of Wrights sermons, after a twenty year relationship with Wright, is completely unbelievable to anyone capable of recognizing the obvious.

I could go on and on, explaining what is wrong with these statements, but either you get these examples, or you don't.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
1. Barack Obama in 2003, talking to the AFL/CIO:

Don't forget the rest of the quotes that can be found here. Taking quotes out of context is a nasty, low way to "prove" a point.

2. On the January 22nd edition of "Meet the Press," Tim Russert and Obama
Russert: "So you will not run for president or vice president in 2008?"

Obama: "I will not."

A man can't change his mind without being called a liar??? While my husband and I were dating, he told me that he was never going to get married. Here we are 16 years later.

3. As another example, consider Obama's stirring tale for the Selma audience about how he had been conceived by his parents,

Yeah, he romanticized that one.

(BTW, you really should list your Sources instead of putting this stuff out there as your own.)

4. Obama promised to use public funding in the general election if the Republican candidate would do so also. Well, McCain has agreed to it, but now Obama wants to back out of the deal.

Another incomplete AND inaccurate quote

5. "I've always been a Christian," the Illinois Democrat responded. "I have never practiced [Islam]."

In his autobiography, "Dreams From My Father," Obama mentions studying the Quran.

I have studied the bible and the Quran I'm not a Christian OR a Muslim. The rest is just hearsay. Read about it here:

Snopes

Barack and his mother moved to Jakarta, Indonesia, where Obama spent 4-5 years attending both Muslim and Catholic schools before his mother sent him back to the United States to live with his maternal grandmother. The school Barack Obama attended in Indonesia was "Muslim" primarily in the sense that the preponderance of its student body was Muslim (because Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim country), but both the Muslim and Catholic schools he attended in Indonesia offered a few hours of religious instruction each week.

So you be the judge. Is Obama honest or not.

I think he's pretty damn honest. In 4 out of 5 of these, he wasn't lying. They're just twisted to make it look like he was. I don't know if you know, but that's a big difference.

Of course Obamacons will find rationalizations the same way Clinton supporters found excuses for her sniper whopper.

If you consider providing quotes in context to be "rationalizations", then yeah. I would rather dig up the whole truth than just believe some Political Swift Boat effort using partial and incorrect quotes to slam a person and make them out to be a liar.

But yeah, you be the judge, too. That's what this is all about.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The truth is, that for Obama to claim that he was not aware of Wrights racist statements, after titling a book after one of Wrights sermons, after a twenty year relationship with Wright, is completely unbelievable to anyone capable of recognizing the obvious.

Can you show me where Obama said that Wright never made ANY racist statement in his presence? I'm not saying he didn't say it, I just cannot find it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Why do I need to show you "where Obama said that Wright never made ANY racist statement in his presence?" I never claimed that Obama said this.

I don't need to show you this to prove that "The truth is, that for Obama to claim that he was not aware of Wrights racist statements, after titling a book after one of Wrights sermons, after a twenty year relationship with Wright, is completely unbelievable to anyone capable of recognizing the obvious."

It is obvious that you intentionally are ignoring the dishonesty of Obama's statements.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You know, it doesn't even matter with people like you, you say you havn't seen any "proof" and were all stupid for thinking this stuff, bla, bla, bla. There is nothing else we could give you, you choose to simply.....believe him. Your mind is so simple that you can just simply.....believe him. Fine, but I will not, thank you very much lady, and your argument here is weak and constitutes as much debate as saying but, but, but....bogus I say, liars, all of you. You show your intelligence when you say a social group is the same as a racial group, your logic is basically since a social group can be mostly a certain race then it's ok to ignore the social group and instead call out a whole race. I'm sorry lady, but generalizing, especially when you are being negative like he was....is racist, no ifs ands or buts.

Great so you choose to believe he is telling the truth about what he knew about Rev. Wright and you choose to believe while taking money from Tony Rezko he didn't know anything about his business. Well, guess what? That doesn't meen he's telling the truth just because your foolish enough to believe him, I'd expect nothing else from a politician.

On the smoking thing, bringing up past presidents that smoked cigarettes is moot considering they weren't even aware of the health risks and the number of how many people smoke doesn't make it any less dangerous. Presidents aren't supposed to be like us in these regards, lots of people are obese, so with that logic, it would be ok to vote an obese man into office. Fact is smoking is just another sign of the poor decision making skills this man has displayed time and time again. BTW an occasional cigar is like drinking an occasional glass of red wine, not even close to the same thing as a cigarette addict and you don't inhale cigar smoke into the lungs. Obama is 3 times more likely to get pancreas cancer and 20 times more likely to get lung cancer. What a genius!

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It is obvious that you intentionally are ignoring the dishonesty of Obama's statements.

Coming from the one and only person who believes Hillary isn't a liar.

Hmmm...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Don't forget the rest of the quotes that can be found here. Taking quotes out of context is a nasty, low way to "prove" a point.

You're kidding, right? Are you really claiming that Obama's lie about never saying he was for single-payer health care is because it was taken "out of context"?

The "context" is simple. Here's the full quote from your source:

"Everybody in; nobody out." A single-payer health-care plan, a universal health-care plan. That's what I'd like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we've got to take back the White House, and we've got to take back the Senate, and we've got to take back the House.

Indeed, according to an Associated Press "Fact Check" of the January 21 Democratic debate, "Obama's words have shifted. But even in the 2003 video, he made it clear he didn't think single-payer could be achieved under current circumstances."

If you read on, the REASON he didn't think single payer could be achieved when he first brought it up was because he said the Dems would have to take back the White House first.

Then he got caught flip-flopping on his original position, which Clinton pointed out in the debate. Obama's respsonse was a parsing of words that Clinton herself would be proud of: "I never said that we should try to go ahead and get single-payer (healthcare)."

No, he didn't say we should go ahead with single-payer until the Dems took back the White House. Obviously, since he's running for President, it's a given that he would be in the White House and therefore would be able to go ahead with single-payer. BUT... his new health plan is NOT single payer.

Why not?

It's not because he isn't planning on being in the White House.

The only reasonable conclusion, taken ENTIRELY in context, is that Obama changed his position on health care, was called on the flip-flop, tried to lie about his original position, was caught, then tried to "refine" his position to explain away the whole episode.

Gee.... this sounds like a familiar pattern. Isn't this the exact same thing he's done with the whole "appeasement" issue?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

LOL, I have no doubt that Hillary is a liar. She is a lawyer and a politician, she is a professional liar, just like Obama. I don't try to foolishly pretend that Hillary does not tell lies like you Obama supporters try to deny that Obama tells lies all the time. Everyone tells lies, we are all liars, but who tells the most lies and the biggest lies?

For those whose only criticism of Hillary seems to be that she is a liar, like you, the question should be, who is the biggest liar?

I support Hillary because I think she is smarter, harder working, and has a much better understanding of how to get things done in Washington than Obama has. I watched the debates, found Hillary's command of the issues impressive, and Obama's lack of substance disappointing, so I have remained a Hillary supporter.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

"The truth is, that for Obama to claim that he was not aware of Wrights racist statements, after titling a book after one of Wrights sermons, after a twenty year relationship with Wright, is completely unbelievable to anyone capable of recognizing the obvious."

That's not "the truth". That's your opinion.

Originally posted by Sheeper
You know, it doesn't even matter with people like you, you say you havn't seen any "proof" and were all stupid for thinking this stuff, bla, bla, bla.

I don't see a problem with asking for proof. Am I just supposed to take everyone at their word? Sorry. And I have never called anyone here stupid. You are mistaken.

There is nothing else we could give you, you choose to simply.....believe him.

Why shouldn't I believe him when there's no proof to the contrary? LOL

Your mind is so simple that you can just simply.....believe him.

I don't have to resort to personal attacks... Who's simple-minded again? See my last question above.

Fine, but I will not, thank you very much lady, and your argument here is weak and constitutes as much debate as saying but, but, but....bogus I say, liars, all of you.

My argument? You're calling Obama (and now me) a liar and I'm asking you to prove it. I realize now that that's asking too much. My point is made. And I'm not the one who's angry...
Again, who is resorting to insulting?

See below:

You show your intelligence when you say a social group is the same as a racial group, your logic is basically since a social group can be mostly a certain race then it's ok to ignore the social group and instead call out a whole race.

That's not my logic at all.You're putting words in my mouth. I asked you a question, which you have yet to answer. What IS the difference? I'm asking a real question. I don't see a difference in generalizing a social group, a religious group, an age group, a racial group and I'm asking you to explain the difference to me.

I'm sorry lady, but generalizing, especially when you are being negative like he was....is racist, no ifs ands or buts.

I don't consider his generalization a negative one. I have been the only white person in a bar full of black people. I have felt the "twinge" of strangeness at that sight. In that way, I am a typical white person. I don't see that as a negative judgment, just indicative of our nation's racial past.

Great so you choose to believe he is telling the truth about what he knew about Rev. Wright and you choose to believe while taking money from Tony Rezko he didn't know anything about his business.

I don't know who Tony Rezko is and I'm not inclined to follow down that rat hole only to find what I find every time I research another Obama "lie".

Obama is 3 times more likely to get pancreas cancer and 20 times more likely to get lung cancer. What a genius!

Feel free to have your opinions about Obama smoking. But that has nothing to do with his intelligence or his ability to be a great president.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's interesting to me how the media in now picking up on what I have believed all along.

Obama is old school politics, with new change clothing.

Mark my words, what you see is all window dressing.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join