It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has an infantile mentality.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Forget the speeches. When Obama thinks for himself, what comes out of his mouth?

"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula? I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff." - Barack Obama

"I have nothing to hide, I enjoy being myself. I'm not going to change who I am just because it's Halloween." - Barack Obama

"Now that's my phone buzzing there. I don't want you to think I'm getting fresh or anything." - Barack Obama

"I would have to investigate more of Bill's dancing abilities, you know, and some of this other stuff before I accurately judge whether he was in fact a brother." - Barack Obama

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we’re talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest." - Barack Obama

"I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though." - Barack Obama

"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." - Barack Obama

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could get shot during altercations." - Barack Obama

"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned, white people were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved - such a pleasant surprise to find a well mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time." - Barack Obama

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person." - Barack Obama

"Lay off my wife!" - Barack Obama

The Wife

"America is just downright mean." - Michelle Obama

"The realities are that, you know, as a black man, you know, Barack can get shot going to the gas station, you know." - Michelle Obama

"For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country. And not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change. And I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction." - Michelle Obama

"Barack Obama will require you to work. He is going to demand that you shed your cynicism. That you put down your divisions. That you come out of your isolation, that you move out of your comfort zones. That you push yourselves to be better. And that you engage. Barack will never allow you to go back to your lives as usual, uninvolved, uninformed." - Michelle Obama

[edit on 2008/5/28 by SteveR]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Yes, childish and immature is one way to describe BO.

What I can't understand is how in the world anybody can seriously compare him to JFK or Reagan in terms of his leadership or presentation skills. If HRC wasn't so "flawed," and if the primaries weren't set up the way they are for the Dems, he would have been done a long time ago.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I can't help but watch in horror what I feel was true during Bush's first race. What you see is NOT what you will get. Mark my words.

In fact, I don't get this Obama guy at all, and have an even harder time understanding why so many do.

God help us. We will need it regardless who is elected this year.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I "get" why Obama is so popular. For a few months I was under the Obama spell as well. He tapped into the fundamental desire we all have deep down to heal the noxious partisan divide that's dominated the U.S. for the last 30 years.

Sadly, in my opinion he's been like an actor reading a script that's been prepared for him. The more I see him the more he comes across as totally empty, lacking any real substance.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I can't help but watch in horror what I feel was true during Bush's first race. What you see is NOT what you will get. Mark my words.

Yes, and Bush actually advocated a non-interventionist foreign policy when he was running in 1999-2000, that we shouldn't get involved with foreign affairs or have wars. That's why he was elected in the first place.

What a liar he was!

Originally posted by loam
In fact, I don't get this Obama guy at all, and have an even harder time understanding why so many do.

Because he's black and for the first time a black man will be a mainstream candidate in the general election. You have lots of white people voting for him just to cure their "white guilt" because lots of whites feel guilty about the whole slavery thing. Though none of them will admit to you that's why they are voting for him.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Sadly, in my opinion he's been like an actor reading a script that's been prepared for him. The more I see him the more he comes across as totally empty, lacking any real substance.

Correct. He does read from scripts, and he's a total buffoon when he doesn't have people telling him what to say.

You think George Bush is lacking in the intelligence department, wait until this guys is pres.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

I hate to say this, but I think you're right. I think BO has been totally lacking any original thought. Plus, he seems to be more easily agitated than even McCain.

+12 more 
posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't see how any of those quotes, or any of his wife's quotes, or any pictures of him talking on the phone or smoking a cigarette would lead one to beleive that Barack Obama has an "infantile mentality".

It's almost as if you have nothing to attack him on, so you attack him on things that no one would ever attack anyone on.

What I mean to say is, looking at those quotes, there's nothing there! Nothing that would be even remotely close to a character defaming slip-up. You can poke around and find funny out-of-context quotes from any politician.

Stop taking shots in the dark, and challenge the man on the issues and not some dumb quotes.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Nice quotes. Half of them I find to be favorable.

AAC

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Stop taking shots in the dark, and challenge the man on the issues and not some dumb quotes.

This seems to be the standard, almost scripted, comeback by Obama supporters -don't question Obama the person, just challenge the issues.

If that were a valid premise we wouldn't be electing the POTUS, we'd simply be voting on what to include in the Democratic platform. Obama's beliefs, values, and decision making criteria are more important than issues. I will guarantee that the policy positions written up on Obama's web site were not written by him.

Moreover, his quote about his daughters being "punished" with a baby is revealing enough for me to know I'd never vote for him. And I'm not a pro-life fanatic. It's just that he comes across as indoctrinated and lacking any original thought.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Obama's beliefs, values, and decision making criteria are more important than issues.

No they're not. End of discussion.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I have to agree with the most damaging thing you said about Obama.

That George Bush made promises and did not keep them.

The rest is just black bile.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Obama's beliefs, values, and decision making criteria are more important than issues.

If the issues are more important than the man's values and beliefs, then what the hell do we need Obama for? It isn't like his policies are some ground-breaking, revolutionary solutions that nobody has ever thought of before.

But to be fair, name one policy that Obama thought of that's unique, and makes him worth voting for.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski

This proves what exactly?
He smokes?

Um...okay.

- Lee

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

That the President of the United States should have some dignity about him. Barack's quotes and even his image shows that America could have eight more years of the same undignified leadership. It doesn't matter if you're black or white, young or old, left or right.
Idiots come in many forms.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Hey AnAbsoluteCreation, you ever going to make an unpredictable post?

Obama supporters also come in many flavors.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
He smokes?

This proves quite a number of things:

1) Obama is showing little regard for his own daughters by physically abusing his own body, possibly increasing his risk for cancer and an early death,

2) Obama must intellectually know that smoking is terrible for his body, and yet he cannot muster the self-control to stop and do what would benefit him and his family,

3) Obama's blathering about the environment, global warming, driving SUVs, eating too much, etc., is so much hypocrisy when in fact Obama cannot even bring himself to stop polluting his OWN immediate environment.

4) Obama's talk about sacrificing and leadership in terms of global warming is hypocritical on another level. As a presidential candidate, he knows he's a role model, i.e., leader for the youth of the country, and continuing to smoke is a terrible example to set.

5) Getting back to Obama's own family, his ongoing smoking is also a terrible example of leadership that he's setting for his own children.

I.e., it exemplifies the substance of Clinton's criticisms of Obama -he's all talk. But he doesn't walk his talk.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by jamie83]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

So basically someone can say things that people just want to hear?

The values, beliefs, and decision making criteria are clues whether or not a candidate actually believes what he is saying rather than spewing hot air.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

There is no debating with Obamatrons wutone. They have inhibited their own brain.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Because he's black and for the first time a black man will be a mainstream candidate in the general election. You have lots of white people voting for him just to cure their "white guilt" because lots of whites feel guilty about the whole slavery thing. Though none of them will admit to you that's why they are voting for him.

I can tell you, as a white man, I do not feel even the slightest bit of guilt because black people were once slaves because get this... I had nothing to do with it. It is absurd to think anyone feels any guilt about it. None of us had anything to do with it. Did you know there were black slave owners too? Did you know that there were black slave traders?

As an aside, I am voting for Ron Paul!!!

** I just wanted to edit in that I also have no ill feelings towards anyone of black descent, or of any nationality for that matter, just that I will not carry the blame or guilt for things that I did not do, and that I could not have effected one way or the other.**

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Aaron_Justin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join