It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has an infantile mentality.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Obama's bill S2433 would require the U.S. to initially direct .7 percent of our GNP into the United Nations coffers for distribution as they see fit, for "food" to third world nations. Under earlier agreements this would evolve into a national tax on the U.S. with the UN attempting to levy this on all first world nations.
The U.N. would have the power to increase this rate of taxation.
The U.S. would be required to surrender some of its sovereignty over foreign aid by putting it under UN control. The bill would force the U.S. to sign onto the U.N.'s Millennium Declaration, which would commit us not only to "banning small arms and light weapons" but also to adhere to the International Criminal Court Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.
www.washingtonwatch.com...
Detailed Summary
Global Poverty Act of 2007 - Directs the President, through the Secretary of State, to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the U.S. foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
Requires the strategy to contain specific and measurable goals and to consist of specified components, including: (1) continued investment or involvement in existing U.S. initiatives related to international poverty reduction and trade preference programs for developing countries; (2) improving the effectiveness of development assistance and making available additional overall United States assistance levels as appropriate; (3) enhancing and expanding debt relief as appropriate; (4) mobilizing and leveraging the participation of businesses and public-private partnerships; (5) coordinating the goal of poverty reduction with other internationally recognized Millennium Development Goals; and (6) integrating principles of sustainable development and entrepreneurship into policies and programs.
Sets forth specified reporting requirements. Directs the Secretary of State to designate a coordinator who will have primary responsibility for overseeing and drafting the reports, as well as responsibility for helping to implement recommendations contained in the reports.
Defines specified terms.
Status of the Legislation
Latest Major Action: 4/24/2008: Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 718. 
kilosparksitup.blogspot.com...

More on Barack Obama's S.2433 : Global Poverty Act

We know for a fact that this bill will cost America $845 billion above and beyond what America already spends on global aid in the next thirteen years. America will be locked in to giving .7 percent of the U.S. gross national product. That in itself is scary enough, but there is way more to Obama's bill. It also locks us into United Nations Millennium Summit. Cliff Kincaid from Accuracy in Media is all over this bill. He writes-(Underlined by me)
The bill institutes the United Nations Millennium Summit goals as the benchmarks for U.S. spending.
"It is time the United States makes it a priority of our foreign policy to meet this goal and help those who are struggling day to day," a statement issued by supporters, including Obama, said.
Specifically, it would "declare" that the official U.S. policy is to eliminate global poverty, that the president is "required" to "develop and implement" a strategy to reach that goal and requires that the U.S. efforts be "specific and measurable."
Kincaid said that after cutting through all of the honorable-sounding goals in the plan, the bottom line is that the legislation would mandate the 0.7 percent of the U.S. GNP as "official development assistance."
"In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that (U.N.) declaration commits nations to banning 'small arms and light weapons' and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention of Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women and the Convention of the Rights of the Child," he said.
Those U.N. protocols would make U.S. law on issues ranging from the 2nd Amendment to energy usage and parental rights all subservient to United Nations whims.
Kincaid also reported Jeffrey Sachs, who runs the "Millennium Project," confirms a U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP would add about $65 billion a year to what the U.S. already donates overseas.
And the only way to raise that funding, Sachs confirms, "is through a global tax, preferably on carbon-emitting fossil fuels," Kincaid writes.
On the forum run by Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, one writer reported estimates of taxes from 35 cents to $1 dollar a gallon on gasoline would be needed.(LINK)
This ladies and gentleman is the Barack Obama vision for America . WND called Obama's office and the others who support this bill....No comments.
kilosparksitup.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've read this entire thread, and most of you are absolutely lame. There's a black presidential hopeful who is doing very well, and you all are dumbfounded and lost, to say the least.

How desperate many of you are shows with the arguments that are being brought forward. A lot of these arguments make absolutely no sense, and are the equivalent of throwing stones with very poor aim. You guys are gonna have to do better than that!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
There isn't a possible way that anyone of the NObama's on this thread has enough actual real knowledge of anything of his actualities to make the kind of statements I hear.

Consider them warnings. I much prefer caution to kool-aid, by the way. There's something to be said for examining the character of a man who desires to be President. History proves that face value acceptance, naivety and misplaced hope is irresponsible in this process.

Has anyone ever seen how a small circumstance can chance entire complexities?

We all 'may be wrong' about anything and everything so having any opinion at all is a bad idea? Where do you get that? I say if you do settle on a position it is better to utilize the facts than to reach for pleasing hypotheses.

I accept that Obama may be a liar. Do the NObama's accept that he may be telling the truth?

He has already lied so that's moot.

[edit on 2008/5/30 by SteveR]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolP

Bam! RACE card! And a blanket statement that none of our arguments are worth listening to, this is the problem, all this division and you got people that won't even listen to our grievances. Over and over and over all they do is either a.) Divert attention to Bush. b.) Say the mans history is of no importance o.O or b.) Pull the race card. You sir are the one that needs to try harder.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe that "you" the american people, should count your blessings. The reason I believe so, revolves solely about the facts.

Fact being, that she & Bill apparently have strong ties to the Bilderberg group, and therefor would probably share it's ideology.

Fact being, that good ol' HRC consistantly denies the evidence. Evidence that's irrefutable, both on foto's and video regarding her attendance at The Brookstreet Hotel, The Bilderberg meeting in Ottowa in 2006.

Fact being, that Bill J.Clinton's affiliation to the Bilderberg group, as we know started back in 1992.

Fact being, that HRC's first time attendance, wasn't in 2006. It was back in 1997 at the Lake Lanier meeting, along with Bill.

So anyways, I seriously think that, The Bilderberg Group never saw B. Obama, a black man, would have a snowbolds chance in hell, and actually could win the democratic nomination.

Because HRC, as a white woman, though scarred by Bill's infidelity, still confesses to love him. Wow, what a strong and remarkable woman she must be. Taking the public scrutiny of Bill's extramarrital affair in an almost zenlike understanding and forgiveness. This while still being able to maintain her dignity, and keep on coming. Hillary & Bill have been together 33 years now. Ever since they both graduated Yale Law in 1973, and ended up getting married in 1975. Hillary also knows that bill always have had a strong libido towards other females. However I don't think that she cares to much about that. She's in this for the power that goes along with being First Lady, and now it's all about getting the Oval office. She was mad at Bill, but only because he got caught, not the act itself.

That's why I think americans would be better off, with Obama as President. I my humble opinon, I wouldn't trust HRC, not just because of her and Bill's affiliation with Bilderberg. She might look like she cares about people from all walks of life. Former staff members from Bill's Presidenship, often got to see the real HRC. That picture wasn't pretty at all. It's not like being cranky during the RUN PMS days, it was worse.

Both Bill & Hillary graduated from Yale law in 1973, and married in 1975. However to people who knew them, also knew that it was HRC, that were Bill's primary motivator. She never stopped pushing him. First as Governor of Arkansas, but she had bigger fish to fry. She believed in him, which was wise, because she kept pushing him towards the Oval office.

Hillary R. Clinton is a power hungry, selfabsorbing person. She'll use any and all help or edge, to cut down people. People who don't see eye to eye with her or her politics. She makes it a point to go see and talk to poor & homeless people, while promissing, that she'll help provide low income housing and other good things.
This is done as a last resort of a desperate woman. She knows that 5-10 news vans are following her , wherever she goes. However this is not regarding the help, concern or wellbeing of the poor and homeless. It's nothing but a great oppertunity foto-op.

I used to live in Los Angeles, from 1981 through the L. A riot's in '92. I tried to come back in 2000, but I only lasted 11 months. I still got my exwife, and friends spread all over the USA, and they all say the same thing. That they hope they won't loose their jobs , because people can barely make ends meet. Even with both working 1 or two jobs, and maybe with 1-2 or 3 kids to feed. Minimum wage have been the same in 8 years, but everything else has gone up. What happens, when people can't "afford" to go to work anymore, because the prize of gas are going skyhigh.

As I said, Obama would absolutely be the better president. Big question now would be. Would HRC concider to be Obama's running mate, or will she wait another 4 to 8 years and then try again.?

We can't have a Bilderberger in the oval office the next 4 years, that's one thing I know for sure.

I still love USA & the people, and good time's coming

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What is so funny about all the Obama supporters is that they constantly claim that Obama's personality and character should not be questions, and all the very real issues that show Obamas lack of honesty, and down right dishonesty, and questionable alliances are supposed to be taboo, but when Obamaites talk about Hillary, they attack her on personal issues, and only personal issues, relentlessly. Character wise, Hillary is far superior to Obama, as as the world gets to know him, that becomes more evident. Even Obama's supposed charisma is a media construct.

It is called hypocrisy.

Hillary is the smartest, hardest working candidate in the race, more people have voted for Hillary to become the next president, and you people are happy to rob her, and the country, of the person in the race who is best qualified for the job.

And by the way, Ron Paul's policy goals are lunacy. There is no such thing as a free market, a more accurate description of what is called a free market is right wing communism. The term free market is just an advertising jingo.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So... I'm not seeing the infant mentality in those quotes. Fetch us some quotes of Obama saying "Vote for me because Hilary STINKS!" or "John McCain eats poop!" and then come back and try re-starting this thread.

And no, I'm not an Obama supporter. I think he's a lying CFR goon. I also think anybody who wants to weaken our right to bear arms deserves to find themselves staring down the business end of those arms. And I didn't like some of the comments he made about people from my state clinging to "God and their guns" or whatever it was he said... Excuse me, but I'm only clinging to my guns. :-)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
*SPOILER ALERT* The following opinions are not given by a US citizen and therefore have no bearing in any way whatsoever on the US Presidential election or the Democratic National Convention...

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
how on earth does GWB and Obama compare. The only thing that they have in common with their campaigns was/is the laid back personality.

Er, age? W was 54 when he sought the GOP nomination.
Obama is 46.

And yes, Obama is honest for a politician. the GOP simply isn't.

Really? Obama is honest? Honest about "I opposed the war, Hillary supported it"? You can't oppose something if you aren't there and Obama, you weren't. Talking at protests in your hometown doesn't cut it.

Obama is honest? It took two decades for him to realise that Rev. Wright might not be a great association for a future national leader? It took him two attempts to cut those ties?

"The man I saw yesterday is not the man who I met 20 years ago."

Really? Ok, that may be true, but he sure looks and sounds like the man who said the US government invented AIDS to wipe out the black people and, Barack, you can't put that statement into a bigger picture. That statement is deliberately inflammatory, deliberately wrong and deliberately racist. The first victims of AIDS were gay.

So much for "change we can believe in".

Here's my next major problem with Obama:

I'm hearing the words, I'm not seeing any evidence.

"Change we can believe in"? You know, W likes to talk big, too. "Democracy in the ME, two-state solution, peace blah blah blah," but he hasn't done anything to achieve those visions.

"Change we can believe in". Is that like "I'm a uniter, not a divider"? Or is it like "I don't think our troops ought to be used for what's called nation-building".

I'm looking at the people who are "spreading the word" for Obama and I'm not impressed. They remind me of the 14-year old HRIV, the boy who used to think lines in the sand were perfectly acceptable foreign policy, regardless of the reality on that sand or the cost of that line.

And I'm waiting for Obama to actually articulate what that change will be.

I'm being told to choose a man with no record and no substance over a woman with both or another man with a lifetime of nothing but record, substance and service, simply because he says he'll change things.

When JFK promised change, he brought change, and what change he brought. The Cuban Missile Crisis, The Vietnam War, the Congo...

The only "change" I see in Obama is the intellectual dishonesty of pretenting the good times of the Clinton Years never happened because otherwise there could be no horse/road to Damascus/blast of light moment for the nation to suddenly realise why it so badly NEEDS Obama to be president to heal all its ills.

And that's the equivalent of Cheney/September 11/Saddam Hussein.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
I'm being told to choose a man with no record and no substance over a woman with both or another man with a lifetime of nothing but record, substance and service, simply because he says he'll change things.

Damn good articulation! You hit the nail on the head right there.

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
The only "change" I see in Obama is the intellectual dishonesty of pretenting the good times of the Clinton Years never happened because otherwise there could be no horse/road to Damascus/blast of light moment for the nation to suddenly realise why it so badly NEEDS Obama to be president to heal all its ills.

Well said.
What we're seeing is the ousting of an experienced politician central to a successful administration, in lieu of a younger, inexperienced candidate. It's almost hilarious.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

I accept that Obama may be a liar. Do the NObama's accept that he may be telling the truth?

He has already lied so that's moot.

Well, he has already told the truth too.
So now will you answer the question?

AAC

[edit on 30-5-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I think everyone's told a little bit of the truth, AAC. But, where's the rest of your post? I'm dissapointed.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Bush seemed laid back, but he was really, a border line retard, extremely lazy and very incompetent. And full of BS. "I'm into ranching" the dude is afraid of horses! yeah a real cowboy.
You are wrong, oh so wrong. First of all there is no legitimate source for that statement. No quote from him or anyone else. Just hearsay.

Have you ever even been around a horse? I lived on a ranch for 10 years. I team rope and used to barrel race. I think I know horses pretty well. I can tell you at times I'm afraid of them. They can hurt you and even kill you. So what is your point??

Horses are like people, some are gentle, some are mean, some are uncontrolable, some will do anything possible to make you happy. Please stick to issues you know about.

Oh and I goggled that statement. Funny how all of the sites that came up were left wing. Humm

Obama is laid back because he has an open mind and is actually weighing out what the other person has to say, not simply dismissing them as a pygmy or something similar. And yes, Obama is honest for a politician. the GOP simply isn't. Wow, just wow. Can I have some of what your smoking?

There is no such thing as an honest politician. Honestly, all of this "he's so laid back" C'mon, none of the other world leaders are laid back. Laid back isn't going to fix the situation in Iraq or with Iran. It's not going to fix the border, it's not going to fix the economy or the price of gas.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Lone Star Patriot]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Here it is, I see that you've lost it.
Are you the leader of the "NObama's?"

AAC

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Lamest thread on ATS - seriously.
You have a president who has lied, cheated, destroyed the U.S. economy, put well over a million people to their deaths in two, completely unjustified wars of aggression, destroyed the environment etc,etc,etc,etc - and then you can put up some of the most laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamest quotes of all times and get a reaction like this - get a life and find a real issue.

The right wing mudslingers have come out to play - dirty little games they are.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This is a very funny thread.
So we are now posting Obama quotes where he asks to eat his waffles?
How is that a gaffe? Oh man...that is just...I mean really.

I do think a lot of people are jealous of the reception he is recieveing from the American people. Even if it is not really based on anything he has done in politics at all. Even I think it is weird...but I mean that doesn't make me want to paint him as sinister with no real proof.

He doesn't have an extensive political background to work with...I know it's hard to accept but there doesn't seem to be too much mud to scrape up. Many are raking their nails to the bone to get something.

I hope you guys eventually find some dirt to work with.
Seriously I do. This is kind of desperate.

- Lee

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by vuoto
[I lived in Hyde Park (South Side of Chicago) during the years when Barack was a lecturer there at the UofC as well as a community organizer. He worked out at the same gym that I did (I was working at the UofC at that time) and sometimes he would get into pickup games with us. He's a few years younger than me, and a much better ballplayer, but there was a fair amount of chit chat.]

It's nice of you to point out Mr. Obama's community service in Chicago, and his down to earth character that allowed him to play ball and "chit Chat" with the guys at the gym. I was wondering , during your chit chat sessions did Mr. Obama ever discuss with you his affiliation with SLUMLORD Tony Rezko ? You know the man who was accused of attempted extortion, money laundering, fraud, and bribery.

[In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not one of the most intelligent, thoughtful and capable men to have ever run for US President.]

Yep he's intelligent alright, intelligent enough to receive almost $170,000 in campaign contributions from Mr. Rezko and then say that he had no idea what the man did to get that money and then say his affiliation with Mr. Rezko was a "bone headed" mistake when it became known that Mr. Rezko would have to stand trial. He is also intelligent enough to try to nullify the issue by donating some of the money to charities.

Thoughtful, why yes he is, i'm sure that he gave a lot of "thought" to the people that had to live in the slum buildings that Mr. Rezko was the slumlord to, that just happened to be in Mr. obama's district. As a matter of fact he is so thoughtful that he conviently does not remember even one of those tenants ever complaining about their living conditions. I'm sure he was giving a lot of thought to the people of his district that were made to live in deplorable conditions, while he was out to dinner with the man that was responsible for those people living like that.

Just the kind of intelligent , thoughtful, capable man that we need in the whitehouse, maybe in your world, but not in mine.

[Personally, I'm a little more optimistic about the direction of the country when it's not being run by people who have sold themselves to corporate interests. And I'd definitely prefer someone who has a record of intellectual accomplishment to someone who's claim to fame is that he crashed a plane in the jungle and then broke under torture.]

No Obama hasn't sold himself out to corporate interests, he only did legal work for a slumlord that accepted $100 million in grants and loans to fix the low income buildings that he ran as slums, gee i wonder where all that money went to ? Not to mention the real estate deals that Obama made with Rezko, and the property that they bought next door to each other.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

Not to go all off-topic, but which TWO illegal wars of agression are you referring to?

I'd say attacking Afghanistan, the nation that harboured and gave succour to Al Qaeda, the perpetrators of the September 11 attacks, was neither aggressive nor illegal.

Unless you count the Pacific War of '41-'45 illegal...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
reply to post by Alxandro

This is a very funny thread.
So we are now posting Obama quotes where he asks to eat his waffles?
How is that a gaffe? Oh man...that is just...I mean really.

I do think a lot of people are jealous of the reception he is recieveing from the American people. Even if it is not really based on anything he has done in politics at all. Even I think it is weird...but I mean that doesn't make me want to paint him as sinister with no real proof.

He doesn't have an extensive political background to work with...I know it's hard to accept but there doesn't seem to be too much mud to scrape up. Many are raking their nails to the bone to get something.

I hope you guys eventually find some dirt to work with.
Seriously I do. This is kind of desperate.

- Lee

I don’t think its as much jealousy as it is fear of the unknown, Barrack Obama is obviously the least connected to Washington out of all the candidates and only became known globally little over a year ago, this makes people question. That and the fact the republicans prefer to drag the nation through another 8years of Bush policies before they admit anything to themselves. This nation will not move forward if the people choose not to.

Im not going to bother with the others, this is yet again another thread to attack Obamas character, not his policies and his plans compared to McCains. This explains the manner in which these people prefer to vote and the mess the nation finds itself in today.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
First of all, I am not racist, and have had many friends of colour over the years. However, although I am British with members of my family being American, when Obama opens his mouth, I cringe. Don't ask me why, but for some bizarre reason this man makes me uncomfortable and it has nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

On the other hand, if his wife was to run for president, it would be different. There is just something about him that sets me on edge. My family have already told me that they are going for Clinton if she wins the democratic nomination. One of the main reasons is the fact that she has long planned to make health care better for Americans. She has been working on this for quite some time.

Also, having been first lady, she is well aware of how things operate in the White House, and having been a solicitor, she will find ways to implement the plans she has to make America better for it's bowel.

Yes, I think Obama has an infantile mentality compared to Hillary. However, it is not his mentality that unnerves me about the man. It is something else. Something that goes far deeper than what is on the surface. I can't put my finger on it, but it will no doubt make itself known by next week.

If he was somebody I met on the street; I don't know, but for some reason,I would avoid him. On the other hand, I would conjule with his wife. I just find something disquieting about the man, and I can't help it.

Being British, I can see things better. Mind you, I feel the same about Gordon Brown. I picked up on something about Gordon Brown, why I didn't want him to be our Premier, and I have proven to be right. He has sent our country into chaos trying to implement America's policies. It wouldn't surprise me if there is anarchy in this country. I am speaking from an observers point of view and not a participant. The things that I am hearing about how Britain is trying to be more like America and being governed by Europe, I can see mass riots in the streets like there use to be in the 70's, probably worse.

I can see Obama taking America even further down on it's knees. He has no plans for health care, and what he has said, he has said on the back of Hillary Clinton, who has worked tirelessly to try and implement her health care plans which she hopes to be able to put in place, if elected President of the USA.

Why I am concerned is that I have parents, brother, sisters, daughter, friends in America. Also, when America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski

Originally posted by lee anoma

Should I list the Presidents from the past till present that were smokers? Let alone respected minds like scientists, authors, or artists.

Presidential Tobacco Preferences

John Adams 1797-1801 cigar
James Madison 1809-1817 cigar
John Quincy Adams 1825-1829 cigar
Andrew Jackson 1829-1837 cigar
Martin Van Buren 1837-1841 pipe
William Henry Harrison 1841 pipe

John Tyler 1841-1845 cigar
Zachary Taylor 1849-1850 cigar
Andrew Johnson 1865-1869 cigar
Ulysses S. Grant 1869-1877 cigar
Chester A. Arthur 1881-1885 cigar
Grover Cleveland 1885-1889 chewing tobacco
Benjamin Harrison 1889-1893 cigar
Grover Cleveland 1893-1897 chewing tobacco
William McKinley 1897-1901 cigar
Warren G. Harding 1921-1923 cigar
Calvin Coolidge 1923-1929 cigar
Herbert Hoover 1929-1933 cigar
Franklin D. Roosevelt 1933-1945 cigarette
Dwight Eisenhower 1953-1961 cigarette
John F. Kennedy 1961-1963 cigar
Lyndon Johnson 1963-1969 cigar
Richard Nixon 1969-1974 cigar
Gerald Ford 1974-1977 pipe
Bill Clinton 1993- cigar

Cigars in the White House

Some of them even dipped snuff so I bet you really must be outraged.

Now tell me which one of those presidents preferred coc aine and marijuana?

"I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though." - Barack Obama

Actually JFK did just about everything including morphine now and again - but hey what ever gets ya through...I just hope whoever is elected will come to their senses long enough to throw a monkey wrench into the NWO "let hem eat cake" crowd........don't roll your eyes!!..... It could happen

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join