It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama has an infantile mentality.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Basically I really think that trying to describe his intellect slash mentality as infantile reveals that such an analysis is very simplistic and attempts to minimize his extreme competence both intellectually and as a leader show some part of arriving at that conclusion having a lapse in truth and fact which some would consider that sort of thinking possibly as infantile, I have 3 questions for the Obama haters club how many of you taking cheap jabs 1. completely finished college with some sort of degree 2. completed a law degree and 3, lectured or was ever offered tenure at a credible law school or college?

Then may I add, got married to a lawyer, that was for the stabs taken at her, I still don't get it, people always tend to first look at someone and judge them by what they see in either soundbytes or carefully scripted staff or campaign bigwigs or what the press may propagate, Bush pretty much was in the same boat, even though people are quickly forgetting that he is one of the most inarticulate individuals ever to hold a high public office and there are many educated people supporting him and worse yet many more uneducated indivuals, I think that a lot of people making these comments are 1 just plain shallow themselves or unfortunately racist and unable to accept the truth that yes for the most part all men are created equal and given the opportunity some go further than others either by fate, luck or plain and outright being qualified to have an opportunity to prove themselves, remember a lot of the leaders that we had were there by sheer association with the elites and more than likely rising to the level to be president because of their family name or close generational relationships to power brokers.

Oh and back to the issue someone mentioned about Reagan, let me remind you, think of the best actor you know, give them a job to play the president, no amateur out there can stack up to the presentation or the speaches given in a performance so lets not use Ronald Reagan as some sort of bar not to compare Barak Obama to, its apples and oranges, one was plastic the other is real and genuine and started out grass roots in politics, community organizing and all out just understanding the world, not Hollywood.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by phinubian]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Grow up? I think discussing the flaws in a presidential *candidate* is pretty grown up. At least I don't hear my 14 year olds ever talk about it.

Not to metion a huge majority of the posters here CONSTANTLY bash Bush, McCain and, anyone else that doesn't have the liberalism mental disorder.

Nice try though.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Lone Star Patriot]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
]His little 57 state slip was probably due the brain washing his Rev. did.
www.stoptheaclu.com...

OOOOOOOOOOHHH!! OH MY! That's interesting.
Well .. perhaps when he was dead dog tired he got the two confused?? We'll never know for sure, but that does put a fly in the soup, doesn't it?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
At least I don't hear my 14 year olds ever talk about it.

My 12 year old daughter (goes by the name cookie doodle here at ATS) gave the neighbor kid a talking to the other day. She (the neighbor) said 'Obama is cooooool'. And my daughter then countered with information about him raising taxes, putting people out of work with higher taxes, Obama cutting the space program, and then she said something about Obama pulling out of Iraq too fast and having Iran take over that country.

Geeeeze ... my husband and I stood there with our jaws hitting the floor.

My 12 year old daughter understands Obama better than 'adult' Obamatrons.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
Oh and back to the issue someone mentioned about Reagan, let me remind you, think of the best actor you know, give them a job to play the president, no amateur out there can stack up to the presentation or the speaches given in a performance so lets not use Ronald Reagan as some sort of bar not to compare Barak Obama to, its apples and oranges, one was plastic the other is real and genuine and started out grass roots in politics, community organizing and all out just understanding the world, not Hollywood.

It was everything I could do not to fall out of my chair when I read that. It no secret that Regan was on of the greatest presidents EVER!

Grassroots? Community organizing? WTF?? I takes just a tad more experience and knowledge to lead the country than it does organizing the community.

You think Regan didn't start out grassroots? Hello!! You said it yourself in so many words. Drink some more koolaid....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sounds like you are doing a good job there.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
These quotes are evidence of Obama not being a leader? They seem sort of banal, off the cuff statements that I or any one of my friends might make.

This brings up the quote; "Making perfect the enemy of the good."

If I have to choose between someone I know is corrupt, like John McCain, who if he did not have lobbyists working for him, would be licking envelopes all by himself, and a guy who might not be good at witty remarks. Well, I'll go with Obama.

By the way, those speeches of his are supposedly written by him -- so he is a bit better thinker if given time to ponder. The point of sticking with the issues, is that we need to judge people a bit based upon their actions. If someone has real events to point to, and not just really average comments about the price of salad (and I eat arugala as well, and don't hate myself for being elite).

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian

Yeah, um, any point you were trying to make just got blown out of the water by what I assume is your ridiculing of one of the greatest presidents of all time. Both Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives, use Reagan as the benchmark today for a successful presidency.

I will give you one thing though - Obama and Reagan ARE like comparing apples and oranges. They aren't even in the same class.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

We don't HAVE a republican choice. It's one guy, ONE. Everyone else *mysteriously* dropped out. Why is that??

I know, I know!! Either 1) Mitt decided not to spend any more money campaigning. Then in 2012, when the US is in shambles thanks to either one of the Marxist or the neocon - the people will be begging for a savior - and then........ Swoosh!! The hero Mitt Romney will save the country along with his side kick Duncan Hunter.

OR 2) He's going to be McCain's running mate. Then when McCain gets into office he will have to step down due to health issues and BAM!! My man Mitt will line everyone out from the borders to the war and everything in between.

Hey, it's my dream, I can make it as big as I want!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I hate to tell you I went through college or attempted to during his period of being in the white house, had to deal with the fact that my grandmothers income as a domestic worker was too much and I could not get the much needed financial aid to return for my 2nd year of college after i saved my money in high school to pay for my first year and also worked it was not enough, I am the side of the house representing seeing all the budget cuts and Ray Gun Nomics hardcore in your face 101 back in the eighties, I joined the Army, served in Europe and wont go into all of the details here, but had a proud role serving in Europe during the waning years of the Soviet Union, under Reagan as commander and chief.
Shortly after getting out off of active duty saw the Berlin Wall come down(because the military industrial complex of the soviet union collapsed within and economically and more ever after sinking all of their money and resources into the war in Afghanistan the USSR imploded and could no longer function as a threat and world power) that was the reason the wall fell not because as many would like to believe, Reagan uttering Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall, or playing a good cowboy, with that said I completely disagree that he was one of the greatest presidents ever, to those who had that might have been true, Mr. Reagan only temporarily derailed my efforts to get a college degree, I owe that to the montgomery Gi bill and college fund, he screwed a lot of people up here domestically in the United States, wake up call, Reagan was simply one of the best actors to play president ever his real track record as president was lackluster, his status and standing is severely exaggerated by the republicans and many others.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Reagan was the best president? I don't remember the 80's being so glamorous.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Nicely said. I always say, "All politicians are crooks. None of them are stupid."

I personally hate Obama with my entirety, but "infantile" is not a word I would use. "Bandwagon," maybe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
98% of the African Americans and some white folks want to hand over control of this country to a man based on his skin color.

Do you have a source on that? Or did you just make it up. That's what I thought.

So I'll admit it - I'm afraid of Barack Obama becoming president. I would be just as afraid of re-electing Bush to a third term if that were possible. I think Bush has made some major blunders in his term, but I think Obama is capable of FAR WORSE than we've seen in these past 8 years. Yeah, I'm afraid.

Well, at least you own up to it. I'm not sure what you're afraid OF, but at least you admit that it's your fear driving you. Props.

I hear you that you think Obama is capable of worse than Bush, I just don't understand WHY you think that. You may disagree with his political opinions, but I don't understand what, specifically, everyone is so afraid of... Getting out of Iraq? If you're afraid of that, then yeah, I can understand your fear, because if he gets elected, we most likely will get right on outta there.

So what, specifically are you afraid of (besides arugula, smoking and past drug use)?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

No he DOESN'T write his speechs.

www.nytimes.com...

Also Osammy kisses more lobbyist a** that McCain has or ever will! Get your facts straight!

rawstory.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

By the way, those speeches of his are supposedly written by him -- so he is a bit better thinker if given time to ponder.

Lol, meet The Barrack Obama as you choose to see him, a 26 year old white guy!

www.nytimes.com...

Screw the kid, don't you want to know who BO is?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

lol, didn't see your post, oh well, mine is there to reinforce yours.

Uhhhh, I've never been to a BO worshiping session, but do they serve kool aid there?

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hey, I asked you a question, I know you won't answer it honestly but atleast it will prove you arn't a mindless Obamaton that won't address real issues.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
There are soooo many things with SUBSTANCE, but you are lacking substance in your mind to even acknowledge them.

Try me.

How about you comment on him referring to his grandma as a typical white person, what is a typical white person?

Every social group has a "typical". You have your typical old man, typical Italian woman, typical Jewish mother, typical hip-hop artist, typical pop music star, typical Hollywood actor... Stereotypes exist for a reason. Not EVERYONE in a group matches the stereotype, but if I told you that my mother was the typical sweet old Christian woman, would it give you an idea?

If you listen to his comment in context, it makes perfect sense.

How do you define a race in such a blanket generalization ?

Honestly, I have done that before. If talking about a particular subject, say... athletics. A black guy I used to date was a typical black guy as regards athletics. Taken out of context, yeah, it sounds pretty bad, but we have to get BEYOND being so sensitive to these phrases and talk about what it means. Not just our knee-jerk response to hearing it.

And in your honest opinion, how do you think people would react if McCain had called lets say Jesse Jackson "a typical black man"?

Oh, please! People have been saying "typical black man" for decades! Don't be so sensitive. That's my advice. We can say typical Catholic, typical woman, typical teenager, typical European, but man, when someone brings black or white into it, all hell breaks loose.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I don't see how any of those quotes, or any of his wife's quotes, or any pictures of him talking on the phone or smoking a cigarette would lead one to beleive that Barack Obama has an "infantile mentality".

It's almost as if you have nothing to attack him on, so you attack him on things that no one would ever attack anyone on.

What I mean to say is, looking at those quotes, there's nothing there! Nothing that would be even remotely close to a character defaming slip-up. You can poke around and find funny out-of-context quotes from any politician.

Stop taking shots in the dark, and challenge the man on the issues and not some dumb quotes.

I couldn't agree more. It's fine if you don't agree with his proposed vision for the United States, but it really looks like the original poster is grasping for straws here. I'd much rather focus on political issues here rather than trying to point out botched one-liners.

I'm not even going to bring up the asinine things the Mrs. Clinton and Mr. McCain have said. Why? Because doesn't matter. The political issues matter. It doesn't matter if you got caught messing around with a chubby intern or if you puked all over the Japanes Prime Minister. What matters is what's best for our country. Hopefully everyone will remember this when they cast their vote on November 4th.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

Guess great minds think alike?
:

I'm sure there are vats of koolaid at said demagog convocation.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join