It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non-flame questions to liberal americans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by redmotion

damn, i only made it through 1/2 your post
The united states of america DID NOT INVENT slavery you are so full of ignorance its embarassing.

I refuse to get on this topic, but i will provide you with a mountain of evidence that slavery existed before european settlers ever came to this country.

More liberal #. make something up to create a debate about, then say "i never said that"

i suppose your reply will be something like

"actually, what i said was that E=mc2 came from a black man who was in slavery in the year 202 b.c. and he passed it down from generation to generation until Albert Eisnstine stole it from a jewish person settling down in Africa, hence slavery was invented by America!"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If they have credible evidence then sure, they can search my car. However stereotypes and or profiling is not credible evidence. If they seen me swerving or waving around a gun or something similar then that would be credible evidence.

Nope I am answering your questions not trying to disagree with you at all, I am just saying that war hasn't ever solved anything, except for only those that agree with the victor.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

okay, the un weapons inspector was in iraq, thats just a fact, his name is hans blix, he didn't think there were WMDs, he didn't like saddam either but still, he didn't think they were there. google him for confirmation but this is from wiki.

Blix's statements about the Iraq WMD program came to contradict the claims of the Bush administration, [5] and attracted a great deal of criticism from supporters of the invasion of Iraq. In an interview on BBC TV on 8 February 2004, Dr. Blix accused the U.S. and British governments of dramatising the threat of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in order to strengthen the case for the 2003 war against the regime of Saddam Hussein.

america didn't go to war for the jews, it went to war because the japanese bombed peril harbour. anti-semitisim was rife in the US and europe at the time, it wasn't confined to hitler.

the jews now have a state, they are armed to the teeth, they can handle iran all by themselves if needs be.

slavery is extracting work for somebody under duress for your own profit with no benifit to them and/or against their will. you can play semantics all you like but you wouldn't have one of your daughters be a slave in a brothel.

also, the american civil war wasn't about slavery, it was about economics, learn your history. the abolition of slavery didn't require a war in any country besides the us and the rest of the civilised world did it 100 years earlier.

now the CIA, well to be honest, they're not the most trust worthy people are they? i think what liberals are saying is not, "look, see, the cia say it so it must be true", i think it's more along the lines of "well, if not even cia can plant it on them, they must be squeaky clean."

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Again you must not have clearly read my first post, I think that getting Saddam out was a great thing lie or not. I don't percieve you to be a liar at all in fact I don't even know you, so how could I make that stance. Fact is that americans need to over through this hilarious thing we call a government, it doesn't get anything done and lies about everything and anything. I'm not saying we have to start a war to over throw the government either other things could possibly do that. I think down with government up with the people, if the government doesn't make the popular vote a factor in the up coming years and allow for there to be further voting times where people can impeach a president if their job is insufficient, then I'm moving out of the country and or I'm going to try to make something happen I'll make that decision when the time comes.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I haven't seen a lot of posts from people who actually hate the United States but instead dislike the Bush administrations illegal and immoral polices. I love my country and it's Constitution. The Bush administration unfortunately does not share that love.

During WW2, we put people in prison as war criminals for torturing americans yet our president not only allows it but encourages it. Irony anyone???

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Where exactly is Bush removing human rights at? I haven't seen anything of the sort. If you show me a valid example, I will admit defeat on that part.

rendition and gitmo are two words that you must have missed!!

Don't make it seem that those who fought and died did it for nothing.

yeah, i'm sorry to say they did, or at least nothing worthwhile or lasting, sorry, i really feel change could have been enacted without war. passive resistance is the only form of resistance that works. i would be willing to die to fight injustice but not to kill. sorry.

Whether you like it or not, we tend to take the role of world police because no one else will do it. I take pride in knowing I'm part of the military force that is able to handle this kind of stuff.

no-one asked the us to do it, the rest of the world wishes the UN to do the job, that makes the us a vigilante force, not a police force.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

By the way I loved your reply to Pieman. Great work.

link   
1.) Give me ample examples of which rights of yours have been stripped by bush since 9/11

Illegal wiretapping.
Unwarranted acess to medical records, tax records, what books you check out in the library, the power to break into your home and conduct secret searches without telling you for weeks, months, or indefinitely.
The power to arrest without a warrant and be held indefinitely with no acess to a lawyer or a trial, without ever being told the charges against you.

2.) How is Iran's president ahmenijad (sp?) not practicing hate speech when he's talking about jews

True, it's hate speech. But it's also freedom of speech. Plus, what about our allies who say hateful things about other countries? How come that's okay and Iran is the only one under the spotlight?

3.) Except for ending Slavery, Nazism, Facism, and Communism.....
WAR HASNT SOLVED ANYTHING

link   

Give me ample examples of which rights of yours have been stripped by bush since 9/11

The president or anyone he designates can now (Thank you US Patriot Act) label you an enemy combatant. If you are an enemy combatant then you are subject to military war time laws, and no longer allowed the rights granted as a US citizen. Basically this lets the president strip away a persons citizenship if he feels like it. Then you don't have any constitutional rights to take away. The constitution simply won't apply to you any more. Oh, and they don't have to tell anyone about it.

Isn't that enough?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur
reply to post by AnOldFriend

but that is the point of war

"hey we're nazis, we want to rule the world, kill all jews and nig**rs, kill americans, screw them all" Was the Nazi regime's "radical ideology"

The rest of the world differed.

Who gives a # about the resulting Nazi German and their Ideology? Their radical ways threatened our way of life. Once you pass that threshold, you've lost all rights to "your own ways"

Who agree's with the victor? people who dont want to die, thats who. Boo #ing hoo if the looser cares about it or not.

Lets try it this way, war has never solved any "real" problem. A "real" problem for example would be peoples ability to see in the dark. War certainly did not bring about the discovery of fire or the invention of the light bulb. War only solves problems that perhaps a majority or at least quite a few people think is a problem. I am not saying that I or we shouldn't ever fight for our beliefs however. You didn't ask if I thought there is any good reason for war.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeadFirstForHalos
1.) Give me ample examples of which rights of yours have been stripped by bush since 9/11

Illegal wiretapping.
Unwarranted acess to medical records, tax records, what books you check out in the library, the power to break into your home and conduct secret searches without telling you for weeks, months, or indefinitely.
The power to arrest without a warrant and be held indefinitely with no acess to a lawyer or a trial, without ever being told the charges against you.

2.) How is Iran's president ahmenijad (sp?) not practicing hate speech when he's talking about jews

True, it's hate speech. But it's also freedom of speech. Plus, what about our allies who say hateful things about other countries? How come that's okay and Iran is the only one under the spotlight?

Hey just wanted to say good post. I forgot about a few of those violations such as the library book thing, etc...
Good job !!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If you dont like it here, leave. If you liek it here , then accept it as the worlds greatest country and shut up. I never said it was perfect, i said the greatest.

I do like it here. I have spent my time proudly in the military. I pay my taxes. I run a business and hire Americans. I do think it is the greatest country on the planet.

But if you think I'm going to "shut up" when I see government corruption, greed and and the sacrificing of fine young Americans for corporate profit;

No, I won't shut up.

If questioning authority makes me a Liberal.... I wear the Label proudly.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Thanks!
I finally got it to post my full response.

Now I'm going to go be the smug sushi eating latte drinking liberal nut bag they think I am.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Since Bush seems to have forgotten about this little ditty, I thought I'd post it just for fun

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Also remember that Mr. Bush was the one that said "the constitution is just a god damned piece of paper".

Gee I want someone like that protecting my rights

Oh yeah and here's a little bit of constitutional law our president has violated in a myriad of ways

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by jfj123]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Oh and Ybab what have you to say about the evidence I have provided for the erosion of our right to assemble and habeus corpus?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Here's the civil war

the north
no more slavery

the south
we wann akeep dem ni**ers for ourselves and our profits

not really though,
more like we think slavery's wrong, but do what you like

you threatening me boy, you ain't gonna make me poor

your other comments are garbage too. Not a flame.
Im just really...serioulsy tired about defending this country to people who hate it but exploit it. (like you and other liberals

If you dont like it here, leave. If you liek it here , then accept it as the worlds greatest country and shut up. I never said it was perfect, i said the greatest.

if its not perfect it can improove, thats the idea first of all.
second, i didn't talk much about america in the rest of my comments, if you can't argue a point it uasually means your wrong.

If i say "Is ahmenijad liek hitler?" Thats yes or no. Its not open for debate. You either think he is or isnt, and a creidble reply is not "Bush is hitler!!!!"
never said he was, no ahmeenjiminicricket isn't hitler, he's not smart enough, he's not charismatic enough and he's not crazy enough.

Ignorance costs this country more money than all other problems combined. And that is a fact you can take to the bank.
whats the exchange rate against the yen?

Im done on this topic. You can start at the beginning and read to the end, and you will see that i've been repeating myself over and over, and when i bring up very valid points that disprove liberal ideologies, they get ignored and passed over.

just like you ignored 90% of my last post, pot kettle black kid.

if you cant answer it, fine, but stop pretending that you care.
my thoughts exactly.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnOldFriend
Oh and Ybab what have you to say about the evidence I have provided for the erosion of our right to assemble and habeus corpus?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

i am not flaming you - so do not flame me.

I am a conservative, i have been having other debates in other forums on other topics, and i have come up with a list of questions that the people i've been debating with refuse to, or cannot, answer. Again - no flames.

hmm my reply got erased..

[edit on 29-5-2008 by dragonseeker]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join