It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non-flame questions to liberal americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
On the CIA topic

The CIA now reports that Al Qaeda is near defeat

Are they wrong, you silly liberals

[edit on 30-5-2008 by ybab hsur]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
What I (and many others) object to is random, warrant-less searches of my physical person - all this 'take off your shoes and bend over so I can shine a flashlight up your rear end' business...

Oh, come on. So you've had to take your shoes off. Big deal. Blame those responsible - Richard Reid and al Qaeda, not those who are chartered with the safety of several hundred passengers, if it bothers you so much.

What is wrong with that? Acting on intelligence in the sense of being diligent and aware is not a crime. And the practice has been followed since there were law enforcement agencies. Carried to the extreme, it's called "profiling".

Being diligent and aware is one thing, having an excuse to harass, search and/or detain every student, artist, homeless person, and tourist in the city limits is quite another.

No, they are one and the same. The only difference is the rather hysterical description you chose.

I believe the correct term for this sort of behavior is self-destructive fascist paranoia.

Well, I wouldn't call you a fascist, but I do agree that you are paranoid.

Originally posted by jsobecky
Where in the US is this happening? (checkpoints)

Did you read the 911 Commission report?

No, why? Is there a list of checkpoints in there?

And that video. Oh, brother! There's no way to tell what was actually going on, except AJ making stupid comments about the cop's boots and haircuts.

Also, I believe they now do this 'randomly' in the NYC subway system (but I haven't been back in years), and I know for a fact that checkpoints, be they DUI or Border Control, have multiplied exponentially across the Southern states since the Patriot Act.

Good, I say. There is nothing illegal about them, and they existed long before Bush 43 or 9/11.

I'd like to know where the words "right to privacy" appear in the Constitution.

You're looking for a justification based on the letter of the document, and I'm trying to petition thinking people to adhere to the principles of a free and just society, of the sort the founding fathers had in mind. It's no wonder we never see eye to eye.

I know what you meant. I am just tired of all the disinfo/misinfo/lack of education some people display ( not you ). The more that I make people explain what they mean, the better the chance that someone else will learn to do more than just spout platitudes and cliches.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Originally posted by realshanti
And just in case you don't bother to read the links - Slavery does exist in the United States - about 10,000 give or take a few thousand since it isn't a widely reported crime due to the difficulty of locating traffickers and their victims...many of whom are children sold for the illegal sex trade...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by realshanti]

Links like those you posted are really irrelevant in the case of the US. Why? Because slavery has been outlawed and is illegal in the US.

It would be one thing if our laws permitted slavery, but they do not. So pointing to instances of sex slavery in the US means nothing. You could just as well point to instances of murder, or burglary, or assault or any other crime. Just because they occur doesn't mean we condone them or that they are legal.

The fact that we have outlawed them, and actively prosecute instances of them, is the important point.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You can't however make the claim that war has solved slavery. That was the statement made by the OP. Many drugs are illegal and heavly prosucuted as well.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur

1.) Give me ample examples of which rights of yours have been stripped by bush since 9/11

2.) How is Iran's president ahmenijad (sp?) not practicing hate speech when he's talking about jews

3.) Except for ending Slavery, Nazism, Facism, and Communism.....
WAR HASNT SOLVED ANYTHING

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

I have a question for your.. Why do you support Bush when his grandfather was responsible for helping fund Adolf Hitler and his holocaust?... Do you realize that just because the U.S and Israel have the same shortsighted goals.. That doesn't mean Israel and Jews are on Bush's friend list? You really need to wake up.. The Bush administration wants to start the 4th Reich.. Wake up! Already trains and concentration camps are popping up everywhere.. Trains with shackles in them…. There is a very good chance that History will repeat itself.. Hitler gained power with Reich stag fire and blaming it on the commies... and the 3rd Reich was born.. Who are we blaming now? The new commies are Islamic extremists... and who has gained exponential power with the Patriot Act? Heck even Bush admitted he has more power the King George the 3rd of England.. Wake up.. We are being led down the same path as before.. And Just like before they taught Hitler would never do anything.. And ridiculed people who questioned him... and Look how that ended? Bush is not on your side, Or for Israels side.. You are a means to an end… remember that!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

By that same line of thinking, Harvib, you are backing what we are saying. Drugs are illegal. Slavery is illegal (all forms). Murder is illegal. Deffocating in a mall is illegal.

Now! If i had said in my sig that war ended racism, then you would be able to argue that point, why? Because Racism is not illegal unfortunately.

You can take any set of circumstances and find instances that go against the norm. You cannot rightfully say that "every man has biceps" because there are some men whom have no arms, but you are only trying to willfully sabatoge the statement to disprove anything a conservative has to say. This is also refered to as being "politically liberal" instead of correct.

By liberal standards, as i see them, to make my statement i would have to say:
All human beings that have not had their arm or arms removed in any unslightly accident, amputation, birth defect, or on their own accord, have biceps.
Sure, you're being considerate to a minor number of minorities (because lets face it, only a small % of people w/o arms would actually be offended by me saying "all men have biceps")

But you're also being disingenuinous to the rest of the population.

War ended Slavery. True. Why? Because BEFORE the Civil War slavery was legal. After the Civil War it was not.

End of story.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

On the CIA topic

The CIA now reports that Al Qaeda is near defeat

Are they wrong, you silly liberals

Is is very easy to defeat something you created... Al Qaeda was and probably still is a CIA asset...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

I have a question for your.. Why do you support Bush when his grandfather was responsible for helping fund Adolf Hitler and his holocaust?... Do you realize that just because the U.S and Israel have the same shortsighted goals.. That doesn't mean Israel and Jews are on Bush's friend list? You really need to wake up.. The Bush administration wants to start the 4th Reich.. Wake up! Already trains and concentration camps are popping up everywhere.. Trains with shackles in them…. There is a very good chance that History will repeat itself.. Hitler gained power with Reich stag fire and blaming it on the commies... and the 3rd Reich was born.. Who are we blaming now? The new commies are Islamic extremists... and who has gained exponential power with the Patriot Act? Heck even Bush admitted he has more power the King George the 3rd of England.. Wake up.. We are being led down the same path as before.. And Just like before they taught Hitler would never do anything.. And ridiculed people who questioned him... and Look how that ended? Bush is not on your side, Or for Israels side.. You are a means to an end… remember that!!

Wow. A pretty bold statement, especially when you consider that you provided absolute zero in terms of evidence to back it up. Please don't think that we'll just take your word for it. Your word maybe crafted with gold in your neck of the woods, but you're not fooling anyone here.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

and i suppose that little green men came down and had a child with W. Bush's mother, producing a hybrid ET/Human being, who will forever dominate the earth in the form of the Anti-Christ who will enflame us all in nuclear holocaust. He'll become a brain aficionado, because he'll be eating our chilled brains through our eye sockets for the latter portion of his 3 course dinner.

This is "political issues"

not government conspiracy's

you're in the wrong forum, Junior. Now here's your lunch money for the day - you run along back to school now.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Nothing to back it up? Just look around buddy... History is repeating itself everything I say is verifiable.. you can look it up yourself.... or keep living in complete ignorance.. your choice... You want be baby fed like a baby with all the sources on all of my claims? Aren't you a big enough boy now where you can do something called reading, and researching? Instead of using foul language in your forum which by the way totally discredits you and your words.. Foul language and usually a sign of intellectual weakness in my experience.. which would explain why you want me to baby feed you. Check yourself to see if my claims are true... Unless you want to be a child and have it handed to you. Please refrain from foul language

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WinoBot

and winobot.....you only posted a quote of my question

you havent actually posted anything. Are you trying to tell us you have no opinon because your schocked that im right and liberals are wrong?

If so man, you just skip over the post, your silence says it all for you.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot

Nothing to back it up? Just look around buddy... History is repeating itself everything I say is verifiable.. you can look it up yourself.... or keep living in complete ignorance.. your choice... You want be baby fed like a baby with all the sources on all of my claims? Aren't you a big enough boy now where you can do something called reading, and researching? Instead of using foul language in your forum which by the way totally discredits you and your words.. Foul language and usually a sign of intellectual weakness in my experience.. which would explain why you want me to baby feed you. Check yourself to see if my claims are true... Unless you want to be a child and have it handed to you. Please refrain from foul language

You're right. I am a big boy. I do read and educate myself, which is why i claim your statement is complete conspiracy horse crap. You are negating what i have to say, but providing no evidence to back it up.

You're obviously not experienced enough to know how debating actually works. So allow me to fill you in.

I make claim A. and state my opinion in the form of facts or questions, either way is acceptable.

All "nays" and "yays" make their opinion known. If a naysayer wishes to refute a claim, said person must bring forth facts to back it up.

Else you have no debate, but just a debockle.

Using your same infantile ideology - one could deduce that the color of the sun is actually mother of pearl and we're all color blind and percieve it as yellow.
Thats a statement i made, now disprove my statement.

Prove your point or head back to school. The bell is about to ring.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

and i suppose that little green men came down and had a child with W. Bush's mother, producing a hybrid ET/Human being, who will forever dominate the earth in the form of the Anti-Christ who will enflame us all in nuclear holocaust. He'll become a brain aficionado, because he'll be eating our chilled brains through our eye sockets for the latter portion of his 3 course dinner.

This is "political issues"

not government conspiracy's

you're in the wrong forum, Junior. Now here's your lunch money for the day - you run along back to school now.

Not political Issues.. It seems your the one spewing the biggest conspiracy theory of them all which is the fact that war does solve problems... It solves usually artificially created problems.. not real ones.. If you are intelligent enough to do a little digging you will know this... And why start a forum asking questions if your going to start attacking people when they answer these questions? I also highly suggest that in the future you refrain from foul language as it will totally discredit you as a person... As you have already done to yourself..

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

rofl, well if you're too young to read foul language, then you should really should try a different forum

You discredit yourself when you refuse to back up your own argument. I am not going to go searching for proof to back up your claim because it does not exist. If it exists, you know where it is, not I.

Now hurry along before the hall montior catches you.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by harvib

By that same line of thinking, Harvib, you are backing what we are saying. Drugs are illegal. Slavery is illegal (all forms). Murder is illegal. Deffocating in a mall is illegal.

Now! If i had said in my sig that war ended racism, then you would be able to argue that point, why? Because Racism is not illegal unfortunately.

You can take any set of circumstances and find instances that go against the norm. You cannot rightfully say that "every man has biceps" because there are some men whom have no arms, but you are only trying to willfully sabatoge the statement to disprove anything a conservative has to say. This is also refered to as being "politically liberal" instead of correct.

All human beings that have not had their arm or arms removed in any unslightly accident, amputation, birth defect, or on their own accord, have biceps.
Sure, you're being considerate to a minor number of minorities (because lets face it, only a small % of people w/o arms would actually be offended by me saying "all men have biceps")

War ended Slavery. True. Why? Because BEFORE the Civil War slavery was legal. After the Civil War it was not.

End of story.

I see... Aren't terrosist acts illegal. I guess we can decalre victory on the war on terror as well. It is reassuring to hear that in order to solve a world problem all we have to do is declare war, make said problem illegal, and call victory.

I just can't understand how anyone can argure the fact that because drugs are illegal the drug problem is resolved.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

wow

i cannot believe you docked me 1000 points because you don't agree with my opinion.

Maybe i was wrong about this place?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

These are ATS rules.... There is no forum room in ATS that allows foul language.. I suggest you go find another website that allows it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

wow

i cannot believe you docked me 1000 points because you don't agree with my opinion.

Maybe i was wrong about this place?

You completely deserve it... When you create a forum to ask questions and then attack members for answering you are not fostering a Healthy debate...And when you use foul language that is a big no no... Perhaps you should read the rules before taking such a risk...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib

reply to post by harvib

End of story.

I see... Aren't terrosist acts illegal. I guess we can decalre victory on the war on terror as well. It is reassuring to hear that in order to solve a world problem all we have to do is declare war, make said problem illegal, and call victory.

I just can't understand how anyone can argure the fact that because drugs are illegal the drug problem is resolved.

BTW your analogy doesn't apply here. The items in your signiture that you mention are not found in isolated incidents but are rampendt and wide spread. How this means they are solved I fail to understand...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by harvib]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join