It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Should Be Turned Into a Giant Police State

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[edit on 04-23-2008 by Topspike]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Thank you,

Because all i am doing is stating my own personal beliefs, of what i believe would be best for humanity from my own viewpoint...

It is an argument in the making, it is not perfect, and it needs work, to smooth out all the rough edges.

If this is simply my viewpoint from what i want and believe, what proof are some of you asking for exactly ?

I am asking any mods to please let me know if I am currently committing any acts of terror here on ATS by stating my own political ideology here ?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You can have a better world with education, don´t need to control people´s lives, besides, it would be impossible to monitor everybody and if it was possible everybody would became insane... there would go your perfect world...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What if people like the OP are just too dumb to comprehend the amazing possibilities of a free and peaceful society, or are just too weak and fearful to pursue the idea? Maybe they are the ones who need to be eliminated to achieve the free utopia.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't know why I'm even taking the time to reply to this, as this is obviously a joke and you enjoy causing a large stir by being extremely controversial and radical.

This is made obvious by the fact that not only is this "argument for control" completely immoral, but someone who actually believes this might do a better job by at least making a logical argument.

First of all, you say that Human beings don't even deserve the freedoms they have.

Ok. If you can get past the completely immoral aspect of that statement, you must then look at pure fact.

If people are then to be put under strict control and stripped of their freedoms, who exactly is going to carry this out?

You've already made a generalization by saying that humans do not deserve freedom. So you would award MORE freedom to a select few humans to be able to carry out these crimes against the majority? This seems to me a ridiculous contradiction.

On to the next point. You say there is "too much violence, terror, and abuse in this world."

Violence: if you look at every example that history has to offer, the more controlling and oppressive a state becomes, the more violence there is.

Terror? Please. Your entire argument is built upon the idea of a group of people controlling others by the use of fear of force.

Abuse: Do you really think that the current level of abuse of power in our government would do anything but rise dramatically if this idea of yours would be implemented? There would be no threat to those in power, nothing to stop them.

At this point, everything you say just becomes laughable since you are advocating the exact same things you claim that your agenda would end, leading me once again to believe this is nothing but a joke and you just enjoy being contrary.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

No thanks.. id rather be one of the ones that are excuted as an example.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Your statements are amusing. I can't help wondering if you're playing devil's advocate or if you mean what you say. One contradiction you've made is that no one person would be in charge but someone will have to be in charge (even if it's a committee) otherwise it won't be a political state. There would have to be rulers to enforce all these horrible policies. Without rulers there would be anarchy, gangs would take over, the gangs would turn into nations and we're back where we started.

You say people don't deserve freedom but the rulers of your one world state would be people too and suffer from all the same flaws as the rest of us. Most people have very little power and that's a good thing in the sense that their mistakes or crimes only have a small impact. A few people today have too much power so their mistakes have a very big impact. The solution is to do the opposite of what you suggest. By dividing wealth and power into smaller units it prevents one person or group from having too much. Your world police state will only make things worse, with absolute power in the hands of a few, one bad decision will have dire consequencies for billions of people.

People like Gordon Brown suppose, irrationally, that a world government will have greater moral authority than self interested national governments. They talk about "global solutions" but a story in the news at the moment shows the flaws in this thinking. Members of UN peace keeping force have been raping people in Africa. This shows that a world police force will not automatically be a morally superior one.

Another gripe I have with the notion of total control is that it's impossible. People will always find ways around things. No money? How will you stop people from creating their own currencies or bartering if they chose to? How will you stop people from bribing state officials if they chose to? You can't. Microchip implants perhaps? It will never happen.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
IF what you're hoping for becomes reality, there will eventually (within hundreds or thousands of years) be no humans left on this planet. because what you're saying is that whole humanity should become ONE, everyone thinks in the same way, everyone is controlled by everyone and so forth. eventually there's only the equivalent of a computer (maybe even a concrete one) left on this planet.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm just gonna say i think this thread is

a disgrace.

That's it.

That's my opinion

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This must be one of them "Fishing" posts to recognize dessidents.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Assuming your dream of a utopian policestate, my deepest fear, did come through.
Do you really think in all honesty, that the "powers that be" by then, would care if you were an artist at heart. A great actor, a gifted musician, an extraordinary painter, or a philosophy professor. I seriously doubt you'll even get a say, as to what "they" want your work to be. It could be digging holes, for the rest of your life. Because in your utopian world, hundreds of thousands, probably millions of people will die. Maybe they couldn't cut it, maybe the work they were assigned was too hard.

Then there's the old folks, the terminal ill hospital patients and retarded people in institutions, not to mention runaway kids. You know, they're just taking up space, eating our food and useing our precious water and air. And for what.? They'll never contribute anything valueable to society. So why not help these "poor" people, to cross over to a much much "better" world.

Then also, let's not forget but keep reminding ourselfes. In all totallytarian systems, personal gain via corruption at the higest levels and down the foodchain, are just a part of being members of the "elite".
Underground movements has always excisted. And i garantee, even with all the new high-tech gadgets, sattelite traceing, video surveillance, people will always find a way to rebel. Especially in a system, where brute force along with summarian mock trials and executions, are part of everyday life.

I wonder how long you'll keep digging graves, filling the holes with people, who maybe only had one or two "outside" the box thoughts, just minutes before the New Thought Police kicked their doors inn.
When you realize there's something so rotten to the core, in your new Garden of Eden. I have no doubt, that you'll try to fight back, becoming a real deal gunswinging rebel yourself.

[edit on 04-23-2008 by Topspike]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sounds to me like someone just got done reading "Brave New World." Here is one you should read next, if you have the time. "The New World Order" by H.G. Wells.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It did not work for Hitler, It did not Work for Stalin or Lenin. The problem with utopian visions are that they oppress, because your vision of a perfect world is not mine. Besides the so-called good intentions of your visions would turn into a much darker version then it already is in no time flat. You think weve got it bad now...you are just out and out misled by your delusion...In fact it is sick. Ive got a feeling when you wrote this you were just looking for an illicit response from the people. I really do hope that is what you were going for, if not and your vision were to come true you should be the first one in your ring of death there Caligula. Have a nice day!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This sounds awful....personal freedom is something I enjoy most and is a right everyone should have...and the genetic superiority and inferiority sounds like some kind of nazi fantasy

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
this is in response to that idea...

www.youtube.com...

lol ,but kind of true in a way

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
NO we should not ever let the country or world become a police state. and If it does you better believe there will be a rebellion. A revolution. The people will unite and we will best our oppressors. Through technology, understanding, knowledge and love. Yes, there are evil people in this world. You are probably one of them and don't even know it. The sociopathic, ignorant, murdering, stealing cold hearted individuals will be handled in time. This can be achieved by truth, understanding, openmindedness, and peace. Not death. Not torture. Not suicide. Not my God is better than yours. I can only hope that someone some day reads this post and opens up their mind. If even only for a moment. Because thats all life really is for some people. A series of moments.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

well im sure you be saying that when it was happening to you.

your scum if you believe this bs.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

hey thats the beauty of freedom.

you idiot then who would controle the people who control us hmmmm?
but hey the way things are going now. you just might get your wish.
if you ask me their would be alot less violence if we came together
put our oppressers on trial. and kill them like you would kill any war criminal.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

yes sir thats what we do work,buy,consume,die.in this fascists nation.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by ThEsEnTiNeL]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join