It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Should Be Turned Into a Giant Police State

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
in reality we have no freedom as it is # read my signature.
America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
A lot of you don't agree with the OP like me, but he does bring up one good point, we do need to change things for the better, we need good ideas for a better future, not for just one country, but the entire world, no more hunger etc.

Yes we do need to change things for the better, but the OP's way of doing isn't the right way. Heres my suggestion

1) The people of the world need to put aside all there differences.
2) We need to form a government like the one on star trek.

A World were everyone is equal, no hunger, No violence.

The Federation
memory-alpha.org...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I like your thinking. In Texas we have a majority of 'hispanic' population now--and the count of them being illegal I think is 4-5 million.
Everyone is REQUIRED to carry the minimum insurance by law--legal or not. Yet most refuse--so now we are going to tow your ass regardless. Noone follows laws or rules untill it hurts them...
Thousands are mamed and injured by uninsured drivers in Texas every year. I like regulation becasue it forces fairness--regardless of where you are from or how much you make!
Should the undocumented lawmower who smashed into my parked car be let off because he only make $4.50 and hour? No-go back to DF/Mexico City and go to NAMU for free-something I couldn't do in Estates Unidos!

I wonder want happens when two illegal, uninsured motorists crash into each other--negate each other and open a black hole?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
reply to post by dariousg

Thank you,

Because all i am doing is stating my own personal beliefs, of what i believe would be best for humanity from my own viewpoint...

It is an argument in the making, it is not perfect, and it needs work, to smooth out all the rough edges.

If this is simply my viewpoint from what i want and believe, what proof are some of you asking for exactly ?

I am asking any mods to please let me know if I am currently committing any acts of terror here on ATS by stating my own political ideology here ?

are you kidding me how about jagged edges? That could never be smoothed out. theirs a call for revolution not totalitarianism.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greek

Originally posted by jfj123As example, in Michigan, we now have legislation which may pass that would ban ALL smoking in resturaunts and bars. This is because SOME smokers force their habit on others in those public places.

why smoke in the first place?

I agree. I think it's a stupid disgusting habit but that's just me.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Why do people believe we have rights? I never understood that point of view.
We have things the government lets us do, and things they don't let us do. At any point in time, the Gov. can take it all away and we have nothing.
Ask those in Gitmo what rights they have as a human being, or during martial law. Rights are nothing but an idea of safety given to us, and taken away at some point. They mean nothing if the Gov. doesn't back them up.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm not going to worry, because I'm not going to let the goverment control my life. Period.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"soldier of darkness" is obviously a propaganda bot of the NWO.

i suggest ignoring this 'discussion'.

or, better yet, hack that automaton and switch it to "good".

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

" The World Should Be Turned Into a Giant Police State

Why do I say this you ask ?

Because we as human beings do not deserve the freedoms we already have. "

=============

since you seem to be unaware and probably the last to know

we've had our freedoms stolen from us by a cabal

no average citizen has had anything significant to say or have any major affect on the policies of the elite whores of the world since they've sunk their teeth in, aprox 1844, and for sure not after they put their seal on our dollar back in 1935.

what they've managed to do, is control the "appearances" of things, so that things look normal to the uninformed.

and you want to add insult to injury by punishing us even further than what we've already gone through? wow, what a guy...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Decided to rent "The Equilibrium" again, watched it, and i still think it's an awesome idea, however. i still think AI intelligence should be in control, not a human, human have greed and lust for power, an AI machine won't....

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
It would be easier to control a smaller population of humans than what we have right now. It's virtually impossible to monitor the population of humans that inhabit the planet today. Can you imagine the resource and cost demands associated to such an undertaking? Incomprehensible...It just wouldn't happen. Eliminate a decent percentage of the population right now and it may be plausible. Not something I would necessarily support of course...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Don't worry about that, you don't have to support it...

World War 3 will take care of the population control factor, billions will die, because someone is going to get "p!ssed off and press the button to launch the first nuke"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   

AI will be programmed by a human, humans are fallable so the programming they do are fallable too. Look at the updates that windows needs to run on an acceptable manner.

So, while the idea of an AI is theoretically the best thing we can think up because the chance that a person with more power he can handle gets greedy is to great and when a group of people get together the decissions made are watered down to a point that they lose all their effectiveness.

My idea is pretty simple though. put a benevolent dictator in charge for life. Only how long that life will be is up to him. When he get's the job he'll get an implant. The implant will be a small explosive charge in his upper leg. Now the fun part. everybody over 18 in this world will recieve a box with a button that says 'explode' or something. When 50.1% of the population pushes the button the person in charge will bleed out. So that should keep them honest i'd say. No AI needed just some incentive for the dictator to be the best he can be and to be honest he will be allowed to see the current score ofcourse

I'm all for mutual control and not the one way street you propose. You DO realise that in a NWO your practices of the occult arts will be a big no no ey? Only when you are in the inner circle of the NWo will you be able to practice it and no, supporting it on ATS will not get you a free pass into the inner circle so when the NWO openly shows his ugly face you will be one of the people on 'the list'and be taken away for 're-education' and with the shred of intellect that will remain inside of you the only job you'll be able to keep includes a broom i think.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I got to feeling so bad about how badly the powers that be want to watch us all, so I dropped Time Warner phone/internet/tv. I will be subscribing now to ATT UVERSE so that they can have total access and possibly even control my bioelectric fields with EMFs within my home (via fiber optics, WiFi)... and a whole lot of it.

At least I will have a new improved toy to play with for awhile

I guess they will have a new improved toy to play with as well so we all win... i guess

[edit on 5/29/2008 by prometheus1111]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Seems like wishful thinking on your part...but some of the executive powers today do appear rather cynical...so who knows...I wouldn't care if WW3 came along and wiped out billions as you say. Globalists are trying really hard to promote their ideology, but humans are not known for co-existing for extended periods of time even with a central power in control...so it's just a joke in the end despite efforts, past and present.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   

May I ask how old are you?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by LuLuLenin
reply to post by chise61

[The concept you seem uanble to grasp as you sit on your high horse and accuse me of being a Nazi sympathizer is that it is the act of killing that is the most important thing, not peoples ideological reasons for doing so.]

No i'm afraid that that is the very concept that you fail to understand,as i clearly stated in my answer to your guestion to me that the killing of millions of people by this man was my problem with him. I did not accuse you of being anything, i asked you a question based on your reaction to my statement made to the op. I merely asked what the reason was that you were so offended by my referrence to hitler. The problem was not in my question, rather in your perception of my question.

[So why is it that you find Hitler's name so synonymous with evil but Trotsky, Lenin and Stalin get a free pass? How many Arabs died from bombs dropped by Clinton? Yet I don't hear you whining he should be held for crimes against humanity. ]

First i gave no one a "free pass" as it is not mine to give. First you are offended because i did not mention fdr or mackenzie, now you are offended because i did not mention trotsky, lenin. or stalin. I wasn't aware of the fact that there was a requirement that my posts and opinions must meet with your approval. Are you of the belief that everyone must follow the same set of beliefs that you do ? Sounds like it falls in line with the concept of the thought police, if that is in fact your belief.

I also have a problem with gasy, dahmer, and bundy would you have me give you a complete list of all the people that i have a problem with ? That could take quite some time and would be a waste of posting space. Actually you don't hear me "whining" that anybody should be held for crimes against humanity, that is something that you inferred. As for the reason as to why i hold hitler's name so synonymous with evil, i have already answered that question for you go back and look.

And again you seem to be highly offened by my opinion of hitler, why is that ?

[The truth is, you're just like the average sheeple that buys into exactly what they hear but never thinks critically about any of it. ]

That would be your opinion, and just as i am entitled to mine, so are you entitled to yours.

[I'm still waiting for you to present the passage where Hitler talks about genetically modifying the human race. If you don't cite your source, it shows you just fabricate information to fit into whatever lame argument you're trying to make at any given time. ]

And you will continue to wait, as i will not waste my time to answer a question that you ask based not on what i said, but rather based on what you ASSUMED that i said. I made NO referrence to mein kampf, nor did i make any referrence to hitler speaking of genitically modifying the human race. I would suggest that you go back to the post that you are referring to and reread it, you will find that your assumptions are wrong.

My referrence to hitler was not in regards to genetic modification per say, it was in referrence to the op's views on ridding the world of people that are terminally ill, diseased, and mentally challenged. If it offends you that i believe that these people have just as much right to live as you do, i can't help you as that is my opinion am i am entitled to my opinions just as you are.

Perhaps if you were to do the research that you accuse me of not doing you would see that i was correct when saying that the op's idea for his utopia is indeed VERY similar to hitler's.

Also trying to insult someone that you disagree with is not a valid form of debate, i also believe that it is against the t&c of this forum.

If you are so offended by my opinions you do have an option, underneath my avatar you will see the word ignore, just click on it and problem solved. I myself have never used it, but i hear that it works quite well.

You need not reply as i will not see it, i refuse to give this thread any more of my time. It is nothing more than the op's attempt to up points, or the rantings of a delusional mind.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

If there is one thing history has taught us anything, it's: Absolute Power Corrupts.

This quote I feel sums up why it's problematic to have all-powerful leaders in control of millions:
"When Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds or people to conquer."

These democratically chosen "Overlords" would overstep their public-mandated duties within a second.
If they have the power to monitor us all, suppress information, kill us, spread propaganda, and control our lives with impunity what makes you think these chosen beings will exercise any more restraint than today's politicians?

People given that much authority and power would be corrupt from the get-go because there would no consequences or reprisals. Who's going to stop them from overstepping the line in this Orwellian World?
As you say, if were so out of control and morally reckless in today's society what makes you think human beings in the future would be any different?

The world's fate should never placed into the hands of a few individuals. We've learnt this from the Cold War.
Two human beings having the self-granted authority to annihilate the planet, and see how close we came to utter destruction and lived in fear for 60 years.
And for what? It didn't make us any safer or any less sinful, we still carried on killing each other, breaking laws, committing violence and abuse.

You'd be surprised how self-preservation ranks in the human psyche. Everyone knew back then, at the shout of an order the world could turn into Nuclear Winter Wonderland and we'd all have a good chance of dying; yet did we care? Hardly, people acted without a care in the world as they do now, treating every day of their lives as their first.

The threat of death or fear of death would not be enough to control the world's population.
To exercise the kind of Draconian control your talking about, human beings would have to brainwashed, pre-programmed and indoctrinated into this Orwellian world from birth to fully accept it.

The Humans of today's generation would never accept such a rule. We KNOW DIFFERENT. We've experienced freedom, life, and lived without much restriction on our activities.
Thus we know what freedom is like, and can make the distinction between democracy and dictatorship.

For this kind of thing to work, you would have to kill off literally billions of people who would dissent and resist this rule and then brainwash every new human from birth to be taught that this is the only world that exists and life has always been this way.
Thus they would be more willing to believe in and accept a "New World Order" than somebody who lived a good part of their life free and devoid of the government watching over their shoulder and controlling their lives.

When you give one freedom, you encourage the commission of many. Let's face it, human beings are greedy. You give us an inch, we take a mile. Free people do NOT want to go back to being not free, they want even more freedom.

And even if you could round and execute any and everyone who didn't go along with your plan, you would not only eliminate your chance for "Furthering humanity" and building such a perfect world as without enough people it would take centuries to build up humanity to the point it was technologically and industrially before this rule was implemented, and secondly people would resist.

It's in our nature to resist authority and break free, we still have those primal instincts deep down inside. Rebellions would form, people would live away and outside from mainstream society, they would have children who were not born into bondage and educate them of what the world was once like in order to carry on the resistance.

Not to mention the logistical and physical requirements for this omni-present, global surveillance, control and policing system would be incomprehensible.
This would make the CIA look like a glorified Boy Scout club. It would impossible with today's technology to make this kind of reliable system possible.
We know. The world's governments and their intelligence agencies have been attempting this kind of surveillance for decades and they have come no where near such a scale.
CIA, KGB, ECHELON, MI6; these would be pisses in the ocean compared to what is necessary to flawlessly surveil, control and lead the lives of billions of people daily and with mass-automation.

It just couldn't be done. And when you have gaps, flaws and errors in such a huge system you open up the floodgates to resistance, information, evasion and ultimately collapse.
People would find ways around the monitoring systems, ways to spread ideas and talk about contraband topics or rebellion.

You couldn't make this work, not now and not any time in the next century I think. There would have be some kind of enormous, catalysing precedent to the New World Order, where chaos, disaster and violence were widespread like a global conflict so people would be more inclined to accept order and stability from some New World Government.
Imposing such a rule on a relatively peaceful and free world would backfire big time.

You haven't thought this through enough, there are far too many problems and issues than you can imagine here.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I am 24, why ? are you also here to tell me that my ideas are that of a 17 year old ??

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join