It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
if god can use his omnipresence to make a change in YOUR life... why doesn't he do it at least for the kids in third world countries that can't get a *SNIP* meal and die because of it???... i never see religious people talk about this...what are your thoughts on this??? why would God help someone who lives a regular life in a regular apartment with a regular job who has 3 meals a day, and then completely forget about the millions of kids that live in *SNIP* shacks (if there lucky and not livin in the streets) with parents who probably have aids and virtually no income....so not only can the parents not eat, niether can the kids who will then grow up and keep the cycle going

can you please give me a reason as to why god couldnt take the time out of his omnipresent day to help this child???

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/5/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

I hope the reason for this bastard's suicide was due to not helping this child out. What kind of sick bastard could just take a picture like this and walk away.

The world desperately needs more humanitarians.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
if the situation arose and i did something as horrible as that i wouldnt want to live either... but lets keep this on subject please

sorry about the curse words too... it kinda makes me mad when i think of situations like this

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

lets keep this on subject please

This is just another 'My beliefs are right, yours are wrong' thread. Nothing unique, just the same ol' bickering from people who think they're smarter than others because they, just like everyone else, thinks their beliefs are correct.

I stated a REAL problem. We need more humanists/humanitarians in the world.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
To all the posters in this thread, what prevents anyone from helping the child pictured?

It's as easy as admitting that it is because of economic systems we worship.

Every society which uses a value system for goods and services applies worth to the essence of the fruits of the earth and their own labor. Because of the greed and power of some, everyone is forced to use this system and therefore some will be fed and others will starve, all economic systems is a pyramid.

By using money you are actually contributing to this child's death.

Now, to answer the question, why did God allow this to happen, perhaps it is to draw the line in the sand between him and you by showing you an image of what we are actually doing to the children of the world.

I bet God would come down and play a game of cards with you if we gave up using money to control the universe.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

lets keep this on subject please

This is just another 'My beliefs are right, yours are wrong' thread. Nothing unique, just the same ol' bickering from people who think they're smarter than others because they, just like everyone else, thinks their beliefs are correct.

I stated a REAL problem. We need more humanists/humanitarians in the world.

true... but i was trying to prove a point using a very real example of the third world...

what are your thoughts on the subject bigbert???

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
To all the posters in this thread, what prevents anyone from helping the child pictured?

It's as easy as admitting that it is because of economic systems we worship.

Every society which uses a value system for goods and services applies worth to the essence of the fruits of the earth and their own labor. Because of the greed and power of some, everyone is forced to use this system and therefore some will be fed and others will starve, all economic systems is a pyramid.

By using money you are actually contributing to this child's death.

Now, to answer the question, why did God allow this to happen, perhaps it is to draw the line in the sand between him and you by showing you an image of what we are actually doing to the children of the world.

I bet God would come down and play a game of cards with you if we gave up using money to control the universe.

ok but look... the question is why would god help a regular person but forget about this child??? you didnt answer the question you just came up with a lame copout.... and if God allowed the kid to die in order to show us what were doing to the children of the world... how come nothing has changed??? gods way of doing things obviously is not working...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

true... but i was trying to prove a point using a very real example of the third world...

what are your thoughts on the subject bigbert???

What the World Needs is Less Religion and More Humanitarians...Desperately

Whether we truly are alone or not, we could accomplish much more if we started acting like we were.

Crap. That picture really depresses me.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Some people say there is no God. I believe that there is. Either way, one thing that we do know is that there was a person who took a photograph. Why didn't he help? This is more of a case of a person not helping out his fellow man than anything else. Yet he won an award for this photo. Good job. He's a great person who took a photo. That must be more important than helping out that child. So lets blame something that may, or may not exist instead of the person who could have helped save a life. But didn't.

Maybe it was God that led the photographer there at that place and time...to help the child. And the man failed to do so.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
blueracer... im not blaming god that this kid died, if its anyones fault its the photographers... im trying to make a point to the religious folk who say god helps them and whatnot... i dont feel like repeating myself so just re-read my first post in the thread

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I understand what you mean, i pose the question to myself alot also.
If i pray every day for my chidlren to be safe and they are, i attribute it to God....but what's the difference between me and some other (probably more religious) person in, say, Iraq, praying the same thing, and yet her kids get shot, blown up, etc.

I don't think God is random like that. As much as i do believe in God, i think we have got the idea of the Divine Being all wrong. I dont think it is there to help us like we think.

Good thread by the way

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Re read my answer please. The second paragraph. Just a theory. I mean if you only want definate answers, study the bible. That's all any of us can do. I can't pick up the phone and call God.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
You can't say that the person who photographed this child didn't help. Maybe he brought help back to this impoverished village.. don't jump to conclusions because someone took a photo of a malnourished child.

And you ask why "God the Omnipotent Being" doesn't help...

Because he gave us free will!!!

We run the show down here. This is our world.. We have to make the decisions
that ultimately mean life or death.

Next time when you ask God why is this happening.. You will have your answer.. Fix it your self.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
"Maybe it was God that led the photographer there at that place and time...to help the child. And the man failed to do so."

ok but what about all the other kids in third world countries who die in the same manner but dont have the fortune of having someone being able to potentially save their life..???

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

We can say that the person who took the photograph didn't help. Read the caption under the photograph. As soon as the picture was taken, he walked away.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
can you please give me a reason as to why god couldnt take the time out of his omnipresent day to help this child???

‘G-d’ was right there but it’s harder for some ‘people’ (i.e. the photographer) to figure out what to do next, really. Some are unable or are unwilling to access that part of themselves – that inner voice – to do the right things in life. In the case of the photographer, he just took off. As a result, a child died. And maybe the vulture had a free lunch. I dunno.

Off-topic thought: That's what I dislike about these documentaries on nature; whereby the people on site couldn't do anything to interfere with the natural course of events -- a family of birds died while a fire raged, the last baby hippo died until the very first drop of rain fell, etc. For the sake of comparison, I believe 'G-d' couldn't interfere for our sake.

Gosh, I hope my logic makes sense. It's past my bedtime, really.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Believe what you want to believe.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

Perhaps you should go back and read the words that accompany the photo.

He took a photo, left immediately afterward, and has no idea what happened tot the kid. Get off your high horse.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Because we are all born into sin and the price of sin is death? What is your answer as to why God doesn't help everyone?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

in my opinion the child should have been helped by humans, however that said is it not better for a child to die and then wake and live for eternity with Jesus in a paradise or to struggle next to death for days,weeks,months or years?

the famine in sudan was one largely induced by the government as they wanted to depopulate the south. (oil reasons? cant remember!)

God has let many of his people suffer. we see it from one point of view but we all serve a purpose in Gods plan. At times this is so difficult to comprehend but it doesn't change the fact.

david

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join