It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Would Welcome Airstrikes, Sources Say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Iranians Would Welcome Airstrikes, Sources Say

www.newsmax.com

As Barack Obama and John McCain thrash it out over how they would deal with Iran, voices from inside Iran are weighing in with an unusual message: If the United States strikes hard and fast, we will support you.

Emissaries from inside Iran have been meeting with Iranian exiles in Europe, the United States, and elsewhere in recent weeks to deliver this provocative message, which they claim comes from pro-U.S. dissidents at the upper-most levels of the regime.

“U.S. airstrikes must be powerful and sustained enough to break the myth of the regime’s absolute power and reveal the weakness of the leadership,” a former official who traveled outside of Iran recently said.

The United States should target the office of Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as well as the headquarters of the Revolutionary Guards Corp, the offices of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and that of his predecessor and rival, Mullah Hashemi-Rafsanjani, Iranian sources say.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It is a well known act that the majority of Iranians are fed up with Ahmadinejad and the ruling clerics. Iran, despite it's oil wealth, is teetering on the brink of disaster. They still exhibit primitive behavior, like suspending hanging victims form telephone poles along the main boulevards.

The enlightened Iranians want to join the 21st century and do away with the heavy-browed clerics and their oppressive regime.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The enlightened Iranians want to join the 21st century and do away with the heavy-browed clerics and their oppressive regime.

I'm sure that's just as true as it was the last time it was used to justify an invasion to invade, overthrow a sitting government and occupy a nation.

Fool me once, et cetera.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, you would get their oil too just like in Iraq, and then create the food over oil program, give them some hamburgers and in exchange take all their oil.I wonder why terrorists only reside in an oil inviorment land scape, they must be made out of oil.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by jsobecky

I'm sure that's just as true as it was the last time it was used to justify an invasion to invade, overthrow a sitting government and occupy a nation.

Fool me once, et cetera.

Yes what will it be this time, mushroom clouds with Iranians straped on the warheads, with their bodies filled up with TNT.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

“U.S. airstrikes must be powerful and sustained enough to break the myth of the regime’s absolute power and reveal the weakness of the leadership,” a former official who traveled outside of Iran recently said.

Why is it always former officials, (not even high ranking, mind you) traveling outside a nation telling us what the people back home want and will support?

Why can't some current high ranking official, sitting comfortably in his office, call CNN with a live hookup and say 'Please, I beg you, bomb us!'

This guy could be the local dog catcher who lost his job to the new mayor's nephew for all we know.

And what is a 'source' going to say? We should go in with one tank, and a company of boys scouts, walk across the desert and knock on the president's office door?

Sounds like a school yard rant, "Hey Mikey! You can take him."

[edit on 20-5-2008 by garyo1954]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
How do you spell propaganda again? What exactly does it mean? Hum,

Information or publicity put out by an organization or government to spread and promote a policy, idea, doctrine, or cause
2. misleading publicity: deceptive or distorted information that is systematically spread.

Sad, very sad.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
so these iranians want a change in regime and because they are safely out the way its okay to bomb the country and kill thousands of innocent people because thats actually what the people want, they would love to be bombed. Instead of asking exiles they should ask the opinions of those who are going to be on the receiving end because lets face it, its not going to be the people who deserve it being blown up, i mean have any of the dictators whose countries we have attacked been killed in any air raids they always seem to be around for a trial.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I take it "they'll greet us as liberators with rose petals and applause"?

Just who are these "pro-US dissidents", anyway? CIA operatives and paid lackeys?

Funny how many people are suddenly "fed up" with Ahmadinejad considering he was elected fairly by a landslide.

Then again Bush was "elected" twice too, and only 20-something percent of Americans still support him.

Do you think about anything besides war?

And will you sign up to serve in Iran?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am not convinced that anyone would welcome bombing of Iran by the US. Especially those whose heads the bombs will fall on.

The only way I could see this happening is if somehow the World were convinced that Iran did something to warrant a war. I still stand by my idea of offering full diplomatic ties to Iran to see if they would accept or not.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As much as I hate to admit it-I really do-that pretty much is a preemtive news strike.

That is the first of what I will call the "hardcore" preping for attacking Iran.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I suppose this could be a way to soften up the American public to a strike against Iran. I am sure there are those here who would blindly accept that the people of Iran want to be bombed for their own good it they are told it is so.

Gotta love the fuzziness of the spoke persons for those who will be dodging the bombs.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What an absolute ridiculous story and suggestion. Yes, I'm sure the Iranians want to be bombed back twenty years just so they can eat burgers and fart in public. The Iranian people are very strong willed. After 4 years of bloodshed in Iraq, do you honestly think any sane person would want "Shock and Awe in Iran?

If they hated their leader so much they'd be quite capable of getting the man out themselves. Iran as a country is well and truly united as one. They're united because they know that powerful outside forces want a big slice of their cake. There is a small minority who aren't happy with their Government but you name me a country where all the people are happy? I'm sure there are more unhappy people in England and the USA than Iran. They remember their history unlike some. They'll be well aware of the previous coup. I'm sure they won't fall for the same trick again.

[edit on 20uTuesday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Let's interview a few exiles, sound familiar? Chalabi?
The propaganda machine is ramping up again. . .

The author's site:
www.kentimmerman.com...
Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What a total load of BEESWAX!
Anyone who has watched Iraq, would NEVER invite the same action against their country.
No dictator or leader could possibly be bad enough to warrant what is happening in Iraq NOW.

If your dumb enough to believe Airstrikes would be as far as we'd go, then you deserve to be sent in first after the airstrikes, under a flag of peace to meet our new friends.... just make sure your wearing the
'' USA #1 baseball cap, and matching shirt.

If we strike Iran with our air munitions, what then?
I dont think anyone can predict exactly what retaliation Iran, or the rest of the Middle east would dish out, but I can as sure as sugar gaurantee you it wont be an instant peace maker, and threat diminsher.

You think the Ayatollah and President are just sitting on their balconies? with large Neon signs saying '' targets here '' ??

Despite what the western media tells you, there are elements within the army / populace that do follow the Ayatollah and president.

This is the exact same propoganda we got from the western criminals when it was Iraq's turn.
'' we will be welcomed with open arms ''
'' Iraqi's WANT us to remove the leader ''

People forget that the world KNOWS we, the west, fabricated evidence and LIED about Iraq, which of coursed resulted in us invading, occupying and devestating their country.

Even if we are telling the truth, it doesnt matter.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yeah and the Iraqis would greet us as liberators too....The Iranian government wants us to drop bombs because they know it will make the people band around them and any support we would of had for a inside coup would be gone....

MBF

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I just wonder if there are any Iranians here that would be willing to give us there opinions? It would be interesting to hear from somebody that is there or from there.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My partner who's iranian said that while the people dont like the leaders, they will not do nothing if America attacks them, no matter how they attack.
Her brother who served in the army, said Iran is stronger than you think, and while it will be devestated from an air attack, it could and would still counter.

saying that they grew up in the days before the revolution, and fled 7yrs ago, they hate the current leadership but hate America more.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think the story is a load of cow pie. The U.S media wants to convince the people and say that it is alright and proceed to bomb Iran. What's even more fishy is that Iran will support the U.S? What a joke.

MBF

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I guess any government that is attacked would have to at least give the appearance of putting up a fight.

It would be nice if the people over there could have a little more freedom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join