It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Would Welcome Airstrikes, Sources Say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I can see Dick Cheney Laughing his ass off as he put this little snippet out.

I just wonder how many of the gullible actually believe it?

How many of you believe their are Iranians sitting around and hoping America drops bombs on them?

The sad part is I'm sure there are many Americans that actually do believe it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't believe this garbage. Just another use of the classic technique of making the people doing to bombing and invading think that they are doing it in the interest of other people. If the Iranians want a change in leadership they will do it themselves. They have done it before so there is no reason to think they couldn't do it again. If the US invaded Iran I think I'd fly an Iranian flag outside my house. I am british by the way.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Unfortunately I have to agree. This is a new level of propaganda and deeply unsettling. Shades of Ahmed Chalabi and rose petals all over again.

The ramping up of rhetoric and the slew of recent, disturbing reports coming out of Iran, Iraq and Israel show that things are heating up quickly. There's a proxy war going on in the media, not a good sign at all.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ANYONE really believe this??

As previously said..
They'll wage the propaganda war first.

Because no-one in the west is buying the Nuke story,so they've got to sell a different angle..

"Oh please come and bomb us,It's what the people want"
Anyone remember the regime change in Iraq?? It's "What THEY wanted"

I mean.. That was a successful campaign.. wasn't it?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

It is a well known act that the majority of Iranians are fed up with Ahmadinejad and the ruling clerics. Iran, despite it's oil wealth, is teetering on the brink of disaster. They still exhibit primitive behavior, like suspending hanging victims form telephone poles along the main boulevards.

The enlightened Iranians want to join the 21st century and do away with the heavy-browed clerics and their oppressive regime.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

LOL nice helping of propaganda there. They want liberation just like the people in Iraq huh? ROFL

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

More propaganda. If they'd surveyed actual Iranians living in Iran, then fair enough, but people who've moved out of a country might vey well be upset with it, as we've seen with Venezuela - all the people who've left are all the rich upper-class who were busy ruining the country to earn money. Of course they're not going to like Chavez, and it's the same with Iran - these idiot ex-pats say the Iranian people want to be bombed in a sustained air-campaign? That's obviously retarded.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

It is a well known act that the majority of Iranians are fed up with Ahmadinejad and the ruling clerics.

Freudian Slip?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Its trap set by the Chinese and Russians.

If the US buys it and attacks, the economy can say one last sweet goodbye. Welcome to the US Peristroika, ladies and gents.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It constantly amazes me how many people want war, saying "bomb them" "send in the troops" "fire missiles"

There will come a day of reckoning when the boot is on the other foot - then let's see how the warmongers like a taste of their own medicine.

Why is Israel calling the shots is the question that we should be asking.

We should also consider that this has nothing to do with an "axis of evil" and everything to do with money and oil.

Why hasn't N. Korea been attacked yet?
Because they have nothing worth taking, comparitively speaking.

History will remember shrub&co as the great despots of our times.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

I'm sure that's just as true as it was the last time it was used to justify an invasion to invade, overthrow a sitting government and occupy a nation.

Fool me once, et cetera.

Your post serves as evidence of the truly sad legacy of Iraq: lack of trust of the media and establishment. I dont blame you, but in this case you may well be paranoid

I'm not surprised at this finding. I have always said that all my Persian friends, relatives and girlfriend have ALL wanted a revolution in Iran to overthrow the Islamist regime. Persia was for thousands of years a separate culture, race and civilization until the interference of Islamic forces from the Arab world.

However the utility of a US airstrike is usually dismissed. Change must come from within, but with the sheer number of revolutions (Mossadegh -> Shah Pahlavi -> Ayatollahs) within a half century, who can blame the Persians for not wanting bloodshed.

Needless to say, the establishment most certainly does not speak for the Persian people- the majority of whom are against the regime but live with it to prevent bloodshed.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
After Iraq only the most naive people would take the word of Iranian exiles at face value . IMO economics is the best weapon to use against Iran . Iran already has high unemployment and Oil rationing from time to time . So more wide spread sanctions which would require European co operation . Once such sanctions were put in place it would only a matter of time before the regime falls .

[edit on 21-5-2008 by xpert11]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is nearly exactly word for word the same crap we were told about the invasion of iraq ` dissedants in exile` `high ranking officials` - and here we are 5 years later - the US army mirred down in a guerilla war they cannot fight , as `eye for an eye` will just create another Hezbollah as is overwhelming force - the signs are allready there , teh iraqi hezbollah is allready forming to fight the USA

its all lies , damned lies and statistics.

teh present president of Iran was voted in , in as clean election as the US ones will ever be; so who exactly wants him out? oh yes - the losers....

edit:

what seems to be forgotton or even not taught is that the US installed Shah was overthrown by the people - and no Ahmadinejad was not a kidnapper or otherwise.

change can come from within - CIA operations not withstanding.

[edit on 21/5/08 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If we look back at a recent history of US or NATO bombing campaigns and regime changes we can see that whenever that occured the people of bombed country (no matter how much they disliked their government) always choose to support the regime. Ask the Serbs. They hated Milosevic, but during 90 days bombing campaign they show support for the goverment. You see, nobody loves the dudes who are droping bombs on you, no matter how justified or well intented they are.

It's whole lot of BS and it's bad for ya.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
After Iraq only the most naive people would take the word of Iranian exiles at face value . IMO economics is the best weapon to use against Iran . Iran already has high unemployment and Oil rationing from time to time . So more wide spread sanctions which would require European co operation . Once such sanctions were put in place it would only a matter of time before the regime falls .

[edit on 21-5-2008 by xpert11]

Or even better, Normalize relations with Iran so the Iranian people have more open access to foreign trade and cultures. You want to see people demand change? Imagine how badly they'll want it when they realize they can have good jobs through fair (not "free") trade, and when they see what an open and free society really looks like. Now make no mistake, as the Middle East goes, Iran is better than many when it comes to free elections and a progressive society. There may be some work to do yet before they could meet Western standards of "progression", but it's not our place to force them to accept it with bombs or guns. Openness, compromise, and diplomacy will go a lot further. Sometimes, achieving the long-term goals of peace and friendship requires accepting things we may not agree with in the short term. We may not like the mullahs or their ways, but exposing their people to fair trade and greater social freedom will go a long way.

Unless peace and friendship aren't the real goals, of course.

As for economic sanctions--Sanctions are pretty much useless against an entrenched theocratic (or dictatorial, looking at YOU, Cuba) leadership. Look how well sanctions worked on Iraq. Saddam basically took whatever he could get in the trade deals he was allowed, used money that should have fed his people to build lavish palaces and bribe his elite guards to ensure their loyalty, and told his people it was the US and UN's fault they were starving and lacking medical care. Over forty-five years of sanctions against Cuba haven't changed anything either.

Dictatorial types, regardless of their background, will invariably seek to do all in their power to remain in power at the expense of their people, and will be more than willing to let their peoples rot in squalor rather than step down and allow any kind of real change to take place.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It is a well known act that the majority of Iranians are fed up with Ahmadinejad and the ruling clerics.

Sure is and the nationalism and democratic struggles of Iranians is why the Iranian parliament elected Mohammed Mossadegh as prime minister in 1951 and why the British/US had to remove him from power in 1953. Knowing what Iranians want, to be free of foreign interventions and self serving rulers, has always been the prime mover in US foreign affairs and that's why they had to terrorize and keep them in line so as to best exploit their oil wealth.

Iran, despite it's oil wealth, is teetering on the brink of disaster.

Iran has been teetering, or experiencing them, on the edge of disaster for five decades now and that's in large part due to the natural wealth foreign nations wishes to exploit.

They still exhibit primitive behavior, like suspending hanging victims form telephone poles along the main boulevards.

So how many rapes, murders and other violent crimes are committed in Iran? Do we know if the large majority of Iranians want or sanction capitol punishment? What do we really know about what Iranians want given the oppressive nature of the current regime? How are they supposed to pick anyone but the religious fundamentalist types if other varieties tends to get assassinated?

The enlightened Iranians want to join the 21st century and do away with the heavy-browed clerics and their oppressive regime.

As they in part showed back in 1951 before all the things you despise them for even took place! Practically everyone wants some part of the 21st century and those who do not are by en large profiting by keeping 'age old traditions and customs' in place; the ruling classes of almost all societies are those that are most resistant to fundamental changes in every area we normally consider progressive.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I suggest that you don't use Newsmax as source without citing either alternatives or considering if it's one of the better Newsmax articles.

Stellar

[edit on 21-5-2008 by StellarX]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
WOW! based on this info from shady characters that may or may not even exist, We SHOULD invade IRAN! OOOOH YEEEEEAAAAH!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Some of you here are really funny.
It seems that if any story happens to be pro-america, it is dismissed instantly as being propaganda. However, any story that happens to be anti-american, it is taken at face value and must be true.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The official is probably the local mail man, or something. I'm down for a tour in Iran. Is it a good idea, maybe not. But, i'll still put the whoop on some Iranians though. If ordered to do so! Make love after war!

[edit on 21-5-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Seems like a primary or secondary source is not worth much these days

Oh well... I hope at least some people read my post and see that the current regime is not wanted or supported by the majority of Iranians.

By early March revolutionaries hoping for a government based on liberal democracy were given a taste of disappointments to come when Khomeini announced "Do not use this term, ‘democratic.’ That is the Western style."

One post-revolutionary opinion poll found 61% of students in Tehran chose "Western artists" as their role models with only 17% choosing "Iran's officials."

Fear of SAVAK has been replaced by fear of Revolutionary Guards, and other religious revolutionary enforcers.

Have a look at all those quotes. The only reason that the Iranian people went along with the revolution was that the Shah was a dictator installed by the USA.

The revolution had a mixed message. It was a chance to turn Iran into a Republic, but also had the inherent flaw of making it islamic. Unfortunately, the people of Iran chose the path of lesser evils and supported the revolution.

However the situation now is vastly different. The people of Iran are fed up of being intruded upon by the secret police, religious enforcers etc. They are ready for a western style democracy... but the change must come from within.

Any US intervention to install a regime would be just that- a regime, rather than a government or democracy. So while tactical covert strikes may be a valuable option, overt invasion must be off the cards in my opinion.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow, I just had Deja Vu!

I could have sworn I'd heard the "They'll greet us as liberators and welcome us as heroes" line before...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join