It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Would Welcome Airstrikes, Sources Say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Some of you here are really funny.
It seems that if any story happens to be pro-america, it is dismissed instantly as being propaganda. However, any story that happens to be anti-american, it is taken at face value and must be true.

Um, maybe because we were lied to before about the EXACT SAME THING????? And fed the same lines, almost VERBATIM?? Why is it that YOU never question the American government?

Here's a toughie for you:

If Al Gore had invaded Iraq and was now beating the drums for war in Iran would you still support it? Or would you be screaming how wrong it all is, and how evil he is, because he's a Democrat?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yeah, one more war, and the average joe won't be able to pay his gas anymore...have you ever thought of that? The time we westerners solve the Middle East problem there will be no more oil to extract. Let the israelis do the job, they're good at missile strikes.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Matt_Mulder]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Some of you here are really funny.
It seems that if any story happens to be pro-america, it is dismissed instantly as being propaganda. However, any story that happens to be anti-american, it is taken at face value and must be true.

The sentiments expressed in this report are not pro-America, they're pro-war.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by Unit541]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Here is an idea, why doesn't America stay inside, AMERICA? They are my neighbours more than they are yours.

Tell you what, before you come to our countries and preach, go fix your own country then you can come to us and say hey we are a model country let us help you. Until then, keep your fingers in your own pies.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Does Dick Cheney laugh? Maybe he snarled with content.

This really is a load of fabricated propaganda. How else can we justify attacking them? I think most people with common sense understand Iran hates the west, but will not instigate an attack. They want to be justified in retaliating so the rest of the arab nations will support them. WWIII baby, just as Bush and the neo cons want it.

I truly feel like both sides are looking for an excuse though. That whole thing with the boat was a joke.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thats quite a story but it has little common sense justification. No my friends this sounds exactly like what it is: an Iranian ploy to stretch our military might furthur, hopefully to the breaking point.

Pre-emptive strikes on the suggested targets would only yeild suggested results. Who's to say that the clerics will be in their targeted residences? They have several hardened bunkers that will take a small nuclear load so who's to say that they might not be in there. They could be letting the Iranian poor reside in the palaces during target time.

Pre-emptive strikes would have to be hard, fast, and unexpected. With all the sabre rattling done about Iran by the US where would the surprise be? Take my word for it when push comes to shove and Iranians see trouble coming they'll fight back and won't give a damn about what the Quran says.

Does this mean diplomatic talks will work? Probably not. But the Iranians would welcome a throw-down with the US to play the "pity" card in the UN and get the sanctions lifted or worse.

Nuke their ass and take the gas? The ground would be too hot for 250,000 years to get the oil out. We need to start asking our candidates what THEY would do in this situation. What about it Shrillery? Obama bin Laden? Methuselah McCain?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Wow, I just had Deja Vu!

I could have sworn I'd heard the "They'll greet us as liberators and welcome us as heroes" line before...

In Iraq we were greeted as liberators!!!
Things only started getting bad when we decided to stay.You see Saddam was a Sunni(?), Sunnis were the minority in Iraq, Saddam made sure they had every thing. When Saddam was removed it coursed a power struggle between Sunnis(who wanted to keep their power) and Shias(who wanted to gain power).
In the end both groups were fighting each other for control. The only true way for either group to take power is for us to leave Iraq, which isn't happening because of Irans invovlement in the area...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

maybe we should try not worrying what the people in Iran want and mind our own business for once.If we brought ALL of our troops home and used them to defend this country instead of using them to try and force other countrys to do things our way or else just maybe if we had to fight a war it would be over something important to THIS country.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As long as the price of oil rises every day, we will see the Domestic U.S.A. undergo an unprecented amout of stress that will impact our economy for years. The price of oil has doubled in the last year. What more warning signs does a person need to figure out the U.S.A. is being pulled "over a barrel" -no pun intended. The middle east is using its power of oil and its impact is already damaging the U.S.A.
So, in many ways, we are going through a proxy war that will lead to a war with bullets and bombs, because Iran(with other countries) is leading the push to overturn the economy of the United States.
This is a well thought plan we have yet to see how far its fallout will effect-young and old, rich and poor...and the Middleclass.

This is only the beginning...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

The US is only interested in getting the present Iranian government out not the good people of Iran. Hopefully the Iranian people can do it themselves instead of having Israel or the US to do it for them. It would save a lot of people and heartaches.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomforall
reply to post by pepsi78

The US is only interested in getting the present Iranian government out not the good people of Iran. Hopefully the Iranian people can do it themselves instead of having Israel or the US to do it for them. It would save a lot of people and heartaches.

Maybe they don't want to, maybe they are happy with their way of life , with their strict religion, they elected the goverment that is in place did they not ?Who are we to dictate how others live?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Haha...I posted about this on another thread a couple of weeks ago and recall another poster basically called me an idiot. When I was there I had a few people tell me they wanted an U.S. airstrike, and these were random legit Iranian citizens, they were NOT CIA.

But I still think it is a really really bad idea.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on 11-5-2008 @ 06:19 AM

I visited Iran at the beginning of the gulf war (I am European American but always wanted to visit and thought the window of opportunity might be closing). Anyway I was surprised at the number of Iranians (well those that spoke English) that claimed they wanted the U.S. to take out their government.

I told them I doubted they would feel that way when the bombs started dropping. They all replied basically the same way, saying something about change and sacrifice. I still believe that their “overthrow the regime” ideas would change very quickly when the first pictures of dead/wounded Iranian kids hit their news channels.

Then again they may be able to handle those images better. After seeing the government sponsored music videos featuring bombs and wounded children (all real footage) I am quite surprised the Middle East doesn’t turn out more extremists. Americans can’t handle the sanitized images of the carnage this war as caused; if pictures of 8 year old American kids with their limbs blown off flooded the U.S. TV networks I think our populace would go absolutely nuts.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
iran reminds me of a kid that just wont shut up! a kid that just wants to misbehave & play games in serious matters, a kid that needs a good old fasion slap/airstrike to put them in the place,

sorry if that sounds harsh but its true...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

and..

pro american leadership.

Which is the crux of the issue.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Well, Being Iran are sitting at home researching technology and not invading id say your kinda wrong.

on the other hand, Id say the Americans are the ones who need a big slap in the face, to stop playing around with serious matters

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
iran reminds me of a kid that just wont shut up! a kid that just wants to misbehave & play games in serious matters, a kid that needs a good old fasion slap/airstrike to put them in the place,

sorry if that sounds harsh but its true...

And the U.S reminds me of a bully, who keeps bullying people and doesn't know when to stop, until it's too late, and he gets gang attacked.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Let me see if I can clear this up for you.

Iran
Population 71,472,000 (or about)

Bad guys (including all military)
Rough Estimate 1,000,000

70:1 odds are pretty good. I'd bet one civilian would survive all the shooting.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Anyone who would welcome a foreign government bombing them is, by definition, a traitor. FYI.

I'm sure you could find people in the US that would welcome a foreign invasion to get rid of Bush... what would you call that?

It's not our damn business who governs Iran.

We've played that game before - it's not inaccurate to describe the theocracy that now runs Iran as direct blowback from our Cold War meddling.

We don't have to take out the Iranian government - demographics are going to do that sooner without our interference anyway.

We need to learn to mind our own damn business - both the US and most of the countries it tries to "help" (
) would be much better off.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

You have presented an interesting point of view and given me food for thought . IMO the US faces a difficult situation Iran's leaders want a war with the US and bombing Iran would only drive up the local population support for the rogue regime .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Anyone who would welcome a foreign government bombing them is, by definition, a traitor. FYI.

Well, keep in mind the relationship between Iran and the U.S. has always been intense. Many of those that want to see the current regime taken out were loyal to the Shah, so in their mind they are very Iranian and very loyal.

As far as demographics changing things. Yes they have had a huge upswing in population (because the regime banned birth control for a while, but they changed their mind on that so the population is fairly stable now).

The majority of Iranians are living their lives fairly decently. Sure they want more freedoms, but they are not starving, they receive good educations, their cities are safe from crime or other such instabilities, and for the most part they are okay. The government can be quite harsh on those that cause problems, really really harsh. People do not risk torture or the destruction of their families because they are "mildly unhappy", they have to be in a LOT more pain than that before such risks are taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join