It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-ever government review of fluoride/thyroid toxicology shows risk .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hi
I just found out that I have A thyroid problem.When the dr. got back my results they were off the charts.The thyroid gland he said should be in the range of a 1 and a 5, mine was at 102. Iam now on synthroid forever. Iam a personal trainer I drink alot of tap water,but no more..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Starred Flagged and Bumped because everyone needs to know not to use fluoride.

I switched to non-fluoride toothpaste long ago. I use a Berkey water filter that removes fluoride (among other things.)

It is absurd that people are subjected to toxins on a daily basis, some of them purposely added to communal supplies. Nefarious plot or not, fluoride destroys our precious bodily fluids
Though I actually do think the fluoride thing IS part of a plot to make us all docile.

reply to post by nexusmagazine

edited to add: Again, I use the black Berkey gravity filter, with additional 'pf-2' elements. It claims to remove/convert fluoride through a reaction with aluminum. It appears to work, and the test results provided with the filter appear scientifically valid. I have no reason to doubt their claim in this case.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Ionized]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The water you drink and the toothpaste you use are the only obvious choices you can make. You also need to realize that pretty much anything that's liquid which you ingest can contain floridated water. Beer, Wine, Soda, smoothies, anything with ice, syrups, packing solutions etc.

It's scary to think about all the ways this poison can creep into your system. Impossible to completely remove it from your diet for sure.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

Very true. In fact the fluoride levels in some Teas are allegedly greater than the toxicity levels prescribed for water in the USA. Unfortunate as I drink tea, however at least I counter it by using non-fluoride toothpaste and water.

I hear China prescribes a much lower level for toxicity, and that American water would not pass the Chinese standards. I don't recall where I read that though.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hinky

The 'fluoride' referred to in ground water, is calcium fluoride.

The fluoride that they put into the drinking water is sodium fluoride, which was the main ingredient in rat poison in days gone by.

The science/health "logic" for putting sodium fluoride in drinking water - follows these lines ...
1. We have a nasty tooth decay - gum disease problem.
2. The identified target/problem are nasty little bacteria and microorganisms that live around dirty teeth and gums - and cause gum disease.
3. Experts discovered that sodium fluoride kills these little critters - ONLY ON CONTACT with them though. (Sodium fluoride kills ALL living things - it is very poisonous)
4. Let me repeat - the fluoride ONLY kills these critters while the fluoridated water/toothpaste is in contact with the teeth and gums.

Swallowing fluoridated water with the idea of killing these critters makes as much sense as swallowing condoms in order to stop getting pregnant!

Plus, fluoridated water has been linked to various cancers, and many countries have had it removed for health reasons.

The fact that Hitler and Stalin's scientists believed that adding sodium fluoride to drinking water in small doses made prisoners 'compliant' and 'obedient' makes people wonder if there is a hidden agenda behind it.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
And i wonder why they say to us ALL Drink up to 8 glasses of water a day YOU need that to be healthy LOL

Makes you wonder what other things they don't tell us

Aah, I could kiss you for making that association, I knew I wasn't alone in thinking this just never had the means or initiative to bring it up. It's sick and twisted and I wouldn't put it past anyone in our administration to come up with something like this. I'm almost sick to my stomach (possibly from fluoride poisoning) that I routinely drank this filthy, tainted water for years as a kid. And now my sister is routinely giving my 2-year-old niece specifically labeled water that has a high content of fluoride for her teeth. Ridiculous, they're willfully lying and poisoning us in so many ways and we can't get away from it without going out of are way to at this point.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Distilled water is the ONLY way to remove all fluoride reverse osmosis is only partially effective!!!! don't forget to make your own bread! the boiling\heating of water further concentrates fluoride.... tap water is used in the making of most bread.... get yourself a distiller and a bread machine and some organic wheat, raw sugar, and sea salt (real sea salt) and make you own heatlhy non-toxic bread

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You didn't mention Hydrofluorosilicic Acid, Fluorozirconic Acid, Potassium Silicofluoride, Ammonium Fluorosilicate, or Magnesium Fluorosilicate; each of which are used as fluoride enhancers for one reason or another.

It's more involved than sodium fluoride.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Reverse osmosis removes the fluoride ion, but in municipal water treatment systems a small amount of water not treated is usually bypassed and mixed with the treated water to put minerals back into the water stream to help with taste.

A person who has only a house supply, such as a well, may look into the Activated Alumina process for fluoride removal.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

humans deserve clean water.

this story and others like it should be spread all over the internet and media

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My issue is the cost of the switch from fluoride to non-fluoride. Is it any surprise that non-fluoride tooth-paste is 8 bucks a tube? Some of these water filters can be as expensive as a thousand dollars. Now, I wonder who can afford that? Or more importantly who can't.

I'm sure most of 'they' have VERY expensive H20 filters, but Billy Joe-Bob in Regularguy City, most certainly does not.

I have also heard, possibly here on ATS that fluoride is an element with numerous sub-catagories, and that Calcium fluoride occurs naturally on lake water (surface) and is not farmfull at all at low levels. Its aluminium fluoride that is unhealthy, saying there's fluoride in something is the same as saying there's sugar in a chocolate bar. But what type of sugar? I'll bet it ain't our friend fructose

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
When i lived in spain, you HAD to drink bottled water.....you couldnt drink tap water... i moved back to the uk 18 months ago and got back into the habit of drinking tap water.... in spain i went 5 years without seeing a doctor, the last 18 months in uk? - ive been doctors and hospitals SIXTEEN times.... i do not feel no where near as healthy as i did in spain, and guess what, blood tests have revealed abnormal thyroid activity, its up and down like a yoyo.... coincidence?? i know its not!.... i honestly do not feel safe eating or drinking anything anymore

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky

You didn't mention Hydrofluorosilicic Acid, Fluorozirconic Acid, Potassium Silicofluoride, Ammonium Fluorosilicate, or Magnesium Fluorosilicate; each of which are used as fluoride enhancers for one reason or another.

It's more involved than sodium fluoride.

Agreed, but my point was that the fluoride referred to in ground water supplies - is none of the above - it is calcium fluoride mainly - which has completely different effects on the body.

When 'experts' get on media and say "what's the big problem? fluoride is already in the natural ground water" - they are deceiving the public with a half truth.

Anyway, after the acids are poured into your water reservoir, the main culprit becomes sodium fluoride.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicstorm
When i lived in spain, you HAD to drink bottled water.....you couldnt drink tap water... i moved back to the uk 18 months ago and got back into the habit of drinking tap water.... in spain i went 5 years without seeing a doctor, the last 18 months in uk? - ive been doctors and hospitals SIXTEEN times.... i do not feel no where near as healthy as i did in spain, and guess what, blood tests have revealed abnormal thyroid activity, its up and down like a yoyo.... coincidence?? i know its not!.... i honestly do not feel safe eating or drinking anything anymore

Everyone in London knows NEVER to drink tap water. Outside of London, I would never drink town water either.

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

well ive learnt my lesson now..... in fact, ill probably move back to spain lol... everyone around me drinks tap water, its not been an issue, i didnt have a clue about the fluoride thing until a few weeks ago..... i watched a docu a few months back and was disgusted that america put fluoride in their water...... i had absolutely no idea it was done in the uk!!! or the effects this stuff has... so will a normal filter be ok?.... i drink a huge amount of water and really need to sort this now/today..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Good morning, Cosmicstorm. I use a British Berkefeld gravity filter. I'm not sure if they remove all traces of fluoride but they probably get most of it. They get all the germs, at least.

If you're concerned with fluoride you may want to check if it's in your toothpaste or mouthwash, too. I use fluoride-free alternatives.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuauhtemoc
My issue is the cost of the switch from fluoride to non-fluoride. Is it any surprise that non-fluoride tooth-paste is 8 bucks a tube? Some of these water filters can be as expensive as a thousand dollars. Now, I wonder who can afford that? Or more importantly who can't.

Don't worry our government officials, their handlers, and other elites can afford such systems so there is really nothing to be concerned of.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
IM hyped about this flourie issue now, and have learned ALOT online, and form those here in this awesome forum: )
Yesterday, i recieved a package i ordered from www.pwgazette.com He sells lots of interesting water filters, and have chatted with him via emails a few times.. I got a coconut shell carbon fitler, 1 micron, he also has themin .05 and .06 micron, for facuet/counter top fitlers. Along with it, he sells 2 differnt kinds of flouride filters... i got the Doulton one.. Its supposed ot remove about 80% or more, of sodium flouride. IN contrast in what others think, just a regular carbon filter does remove flouride, but not in greeat quantities. I got hte double countertop filter, goes for about $177. HE may throw a few extra free filters in as well.
Outside of that, HE also sels a counter top to faucet reverse osmosis...looks interestin, but also warns, for every gallon used, like 3 or 4 gallons is wasted, and it removesjsut about if not, everything fomrt he water, including nourishin minerals we need.
I wanted too pass this info on, for htose who may want a counterop and the option of flouride removal

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
IN response also, thier are VERY few toothpastes and mouthwashes on the market, flouride and sacharrin free. Thiers a GNC vitamin store near me, sells a toothpaste from company called JASON, al herbal and flouride free. But,, for 5.6 ozs, its about $6.00 a tube. I work for a CVS pharmacutical company, and reently, we have been selling a mouthwash, thats mostly natraul forget the name, has a green cap, itsmostly made of vegetable extracts it looks like. They also have a flouride mouth wash, but its minimal, the amoutn of flouride, 0.05% fouride i belive.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So... NOW where the hell's the idiots from my Fluoride Prescription thread claiming I am an UNFIT parent because I chose to NOT intentionally give an infant fluoride???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join