It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-ever government review of fluoride/thyroid toxicology shows risk .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

www.pr-inside.com

Over, 1,700 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists, Academics and Environmentalists urge Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation is ineffective and has serious health risks. (www.fluorideaction.org...)
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I highly recommend everyone errr um a link near the end of the article.

This is finally coming out in a government test, they were being easy in this article in my opinion...I believe there are much more risks.

-Kdial1

www.pr-inside.com

[edit on 19-5-2008 by kdial1]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They wouldn't put fluoride in our water if it was bad for us. Especially here in the Empire State.

I wish I had a link for it, but a few summers ago there was a manufacturer that was blowing chunks of cyanide out of one of their stacks. It was so bad that the employees were having to replace windshields on their cars, because they were pitted so badly by the cyanide in one day. The cyanide spurts happened a few times over the next few days. When the EPA showed up, they declared that there was no danger!

As far as I know, they still burp raw cyanide in chunks from time to time, with the EPA's blessing.

[edit on 5/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
They wouldn't put fluoride in our water if it was bad for us. Especially here in the Empire State.

I wish I had a link for it, but a few summers ago there was a manufacturer that was blowing chunks of cyanide out of one of their stacks. It was so bad that the employees were having to replace windshields on their cars, because they were pitted so badly by the cyanide in one day. The cyanide spurts happened a few times over the next few days. When the EPA showed up, they declared that there was no danger!

As far as I know, they still burp raw cyanide in chunks from time to time.

[edit on 5/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

Yeah there is alot of stuff they do to downplay the real seriousness of the situation so the public is not frightened too much

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I cant FIND the petition to sign......

I have read the ENTIRE links information and at the bottom of the page I see ways to contact NYC for MORE info in fluoridation studies, NO LINK to any petitions............

[edit on 19-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
And i wonder why they say to us ALL Drink up to 8 glasses of water a day YOU need that to be healthy LOL

Makes you wonder what other things they don't tell us

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I cant FIND the petition to sign......

Edit: T&C Violation

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

I highly recommend everyone sign this petition at the end of the article.

This is finally coming out in a government test, they were being easy in this article in my opinion...I believe there are much more risks.

-Kdial1

www.pr-inside.com

What further do you suppose there is? Not really a question...as I have sourced this link multiple times...

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

But I am definitely interested in cultivating this current discussion and hearing your and others views on this.

By the way..I dislike being a kill]joy, but the petition link is against the Terms and Conditions of this site...

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind. My Emphasis

Terms And Conditions

I really don't want to dissuade from this discussion, as I see it finally a relevant acknowledgement of the potential dangers of fluoride and the correlative public knowledge of external fluoride application to internal ingestion of a compound that is a major ingredient in something like 25% of tranquilizers...

...but please no petition requests.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

www.pr-inside.com

Over, 1,700 Physicians, Dentists, Scientists, Academics and Environmentalists urge Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted. They cite new scientific evidence that fluoridation is ineffective and has serious health risks. (www.fluorideaction.org...)

This article is of particular importance to all Australians - where iodine deficiency amongst the population is severe and chronic. Being an old continent, there is not much iodine in the soil to be uplifted into plants and along the food chain. And being one of the most heavily fluoridated countries - it makes the health consequences of this fraud even more concerning.

Duncan

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
This article is of particular importance to all Australians - where iodine deficiency amongst the population is severe and chronic. Being an old continent, there is not much iodine in the soil to be uplifted into plants and along the food chain. And being one of the most heavily fluoridated countries - it makes the health consequences of this fraud even more concerning.

Duncan

I didn't know that. Thanks for the post...

I posted; not in the above link; that traced the purpose of the thyroid gland and the various thyroid hormones as they related to the physical and mental development of individuals.

Now, to assuage any immediate concern, keep in mind that everyone has a variant developmental rate as defined by personal genetics...

But essentially, the thyroid gland releases hormones relevant to the physical transition between childhood and adulthood. It's like perpetuating an animalistic mentality in an adult form...I would like to find that post before I continue...

kdial...thanks and a
for this thread...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

But I am definitely interested in cultivating this current discussion and hearing your and others views on this.

Fixed the petition stuff

But my views on this stuff are that this is part of the Elites plan to control the population.

Studies have shown that it cause's infertility after 5+ generations in rats....very scary...
Flouride affect on rats

My girlfriend and I have started filtering our water heavily.....

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

But my views on this stuff are that this is part of the Elites plan to control the population.

Studies have shown that it cause's infertility after 5+ generations in rats....very scary...
Flouride affect on rats

So here is the link I was thinking of...you may have to go back a few pages to understand the context...
post by MemoryShock

The Rat study is interesting, but I think it should be noted that [the rate of generations in lesser mammals is relevant. In the case of rats, whos life span is roughly 2-4 years, there is less time for environment influence to affect the genetics...or from the adverse, there is more time experienced by any given human with environmental influence as to make long term associations with rodent physiology relevant to human application...

Stated shortly...humans have more time to make these affects less pronounced when compared with the various other variables that are encountered...

Still...very interesting and indeed supports that an influx of fluoride intake is detrimental to physiological evolution...i.e. an elite plan to social engineer a eugenics program indirectly...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The only way i see around the problem is to promote Rain water tanks like i have in my back yard for the use of drinking water and water for my veg garden

That way (I know what's in my water)

Then again i don't know what chems are used to make the tanks

They have us over a barrel

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Here is a great informational video:

Professional Perspective

That post was very informational and I am still browsing it MemoryShock thanks for enlightening me.....

-Kdial1

[edit on 20-5-2008 by kdial1]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The only ways I know of to remove fluoride from water are:
1 - reverse osmosis - which is expensive and can waste huge quantities of water. Also the water is left lifeless and 'dead' and when consumed, it will tend to 'pull' minerals out of the body to balance itself.
2 - distillation (evaporation-condensation) - again, the water tends to rob the body of minerals as it passes through. But this process also removes EVERYTHING else you don't want in your water, ie nicotine, pharmaceuticals, hormones - everything.

NONE of the other filters on the market remove fluoride from water. NONE of them - so beware of false claims when buying water filters.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine

The only ways I know of to remove fluoride from water are:
1 - reverse osmosis - which is expensive and can waste huge quantities of water. Also the water is left lifeless and 'dead' and when consumed, it will tend to 'pull' minerals out of the body to balance itself.
2 - distillation (evaporation-condensation) - again, the water tends to rob the body of minerals as it passes through. But this process also removes EVERYTHING else you don't want in your water, ie nicotine, pharmaceuticals, hormones - everything.

NONE of the other filters on the market remove fluoride from water. NONE of them - so beware of false claims when buying water filters.

peace

Duncan

What about bottled water? I really only drink bottled water and filtered....mmm "Smart water" the best

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I recently made the switch from fluoridated water to spring water that comes from the mountains near our area. It was quite interesting, because at the store they had 3 types of water to choose from (Same company). There is distilled, reverse-osmosis, and spring.

Product Catalog

The distilled and reverse-osmosis had fluoride added to the water at about .005PPM. We chose the spring water and haven't gone back.

Just be sure when you're picking up your water that it doesn't contain added fluoride. It also helps to be near a mountainous region, as you have a better chance of getting glacier water for cheap.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You know I have noticed this personally in my life and how it has an effect:

I grew up in a rural country town and we had well water....When my parents left that place and moved into the city...I slowly watched my Mothers health deteriorate over the past 6 years... everytime I ask her how her Dr. visit went they say they do not know what is wrong....I am wondering now if it is a Thyroidial problem....

BTW: Thanks Metro....I am looking up Smart Water right now since that is mostly what I drink.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by kdial1]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Here's the link to the petition and letters to Congress

congress.FluorideAction.Net...

or

salsa.democracyinaction.org...

More info about fluoridation

Fluoridation 101
www.orgsites.com...

Fluoridation News Releases
/6kqtu

Tooth Decay Crises in Fluoridated Areas
www.fluoridenews.blogspot.com...

Fluoride Action Network www.FluorideAction.Net...

Fluoride Journal www.FluorideResearch.Org...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The 4 PPM MCL set by the EPA is an arbitrary level due to many smaller water supplies having naturally occurring fluoride levels above the 2.5 to 3.0 PPM level. The cost for these systems is prohibitive high due to the treatment of water to remove excess levels of fluoride. Reverse osmosis is basically the only option for water production at this capacity. Small cities and water districts just do not have the financial basis to operate these types of plants without exorbitant costs for water rates.

The normal treatment range for water supplies is 0.8 to 1.2 PPM with many surface water supplies, (rivers, lakes, etc) having around 0.3 to 0.6 PPM naturally occurring fluoride. Just a little fluoride compound of different types is added.

I was a very strong proponent of fluoridation over 25 years ago. Even testified before Missouri State House Board of Affairs in favor of a statewide mandate for water treatment.

I'm older and wiser now. I see skewed data both pro and con on this issue. I am still a firm believer in the health benefits. BUT, I often wonder about cancer rates and water treatment with chlorine based compounds along with fluoride in drinking water.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join