It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new Planet X Nibiru Video Footage! & Photo's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Originally posted by mattguy404
reply to post by Evasius

Relax guys...

ares.nrl.navy.mil...

It's a comet. Things like that go in and out of SOHO's view all the time. Again, look out your window if you're in a time zone that it's in sunlight, preferably just on sunset so you don't burn your eyes, and have a look.

*snip* - the thing in the YouTube video obviously isn't a comet, which is more or less lens flare, just the still SOHO image

[edit on 18-5-2008 by mattguy404]

If you look at the video I posted from soho it does not look like a comet....where is the tail?....it is heading toward our sun. Please disprove me I pray you disprove me.

Well we could start with the fact that this would be breaking news all over the world if it were true. I am not impressed . I find it hard to believe that this "evidence" is found by hacks like the posters on here instead of the many thousands of professionals worldwide who work around the clock to find this kind of stuff. Nice try but hoax..hoax....hoax.... I guess next time my camera picks up some anamolies and lens flare I should post it so you guys can freak out about it. Maybe the video of my dog doing his business on the lawn will work, there is a little lens flare from the sun that makes my plum tree look a little like jesus and makes my pear tree look like it is robbing a bank.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You say you did some investigating and it's Venus? can you provide some links to your investigations?

I've e-mailed the guy who took the footage and asked him to put his two cents worth in as well....

Do a Google image search for Venus at sun rise there is no image like in the footage taken ....

[edit on 18-5-2008 by jpvskyfreak]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The screen and the dual pane window are causing the anomoly IMO. If the videographer wanted to totally knock off all debunking, have him go outside and film it.

At 1:17 of the video, when he goes back to record it again, the window is slightly ajar. Does he slide it open and record? No. He keeps the camera pointed down until past the opening and then shows you through the window and screen again.

Bogus until i see some unobstructed vid recording of it.

My $.02

Silver

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
You say you did some investigating and it's Venus? can you provide some links to your investigations?

I've e-mailed the guy who took the footage and asked him to put his two cents worth in as well....

Do a Google image search for Venus at sun rise there is no image like in the footage taken ....

[edit on 18-5-2008 by jpvskyfreak]

I was refering to the SOHO Image and Video... Here is where I got the Info that it was Venus. *Source*

This is the Halfway point for Venus until it's next transit in June 2012

I will let you know if I find anything on the video....

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
It is Mercury. If you use the program Stellarium and set the date of the video 4/21/2008 and set the time to 6:30am.

You can clearly see that this is just Mercury at about the brightest time. There are no other stars, planets in the sky at that position other then Mercury.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

Confirmed. I did the same test. Mercurius is right there where the video of OP shows it to be. When looked from earth, mercury is further than sun - but not behind it - making it shine brightly. Could be mercury then.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by zarlaan

Confirmed. I did the same test. Mercurius is right there where the video of OP shows it to be. When looked from earth, mercury is further than sun - but not behind it - making it shine brightly. Could be mercury then.

That is really cool, I didn't know you could see Mercury at that scale. It looks very big. can you see it only in the States or also in Europe?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

I would imagine you could see it from anywhere. However, regarding your question about the scale I'll leave that for the experts in optics.

I'll just go off the fact that you clearly don't see Mercury anywhere else in the video and you most certainly would see it given the time and location. So, you can think its Nibiru if you like or you can believe it's Mercury as it's the only other known visible object in that position. I presented my evidence, make your conclusion.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zarlaan]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

I am not exactly sure whether it is mercury or not, but stellarium gives strong hint that it could be. Anyway, I believe that when planet of our solar system moves behind the sun (when viewed from earth) could cause such reflections, and if the conditions in our atmorsphere are right, meaning no clouds or other fumes, it could appear like that. I have never personally seen sights like that on the mornings, but I am rarely awake when the sun rises
I am not sure whether it was visible in europe.. I think it's lot up on the conditions. It could be fireball in the sky also
However, Stellariums implies strongly that it was mercury. What I've heard, Venus shines even more brightly when on correct alignment with sun and earth, that why it is called the morning star.

PS. The size of the object could be illusionary due the reflection of the sun light. Take a small piece of mirror and place it far of you. Then point it to your eyes and try to tell what size it is without prior knowledge. I bet you'll get funny results.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by v01i0]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
reply to post by Pjotr

I am not exactly sure whether it is mercury or not, but stellarium gives strong hint that it could be. Anyway, I believe that when planet of our solar system moves behind the sun (when viewed from earth) could cause such reflections, and if the conditions in our atmorsphere are right, meaning no clouds or other fumes, it could appear like that. I have never personally seen sights like that on the mornings, but I am rarely awake when the sun rises
I am not sure whether it was visible in europe.. I think it's lot up on the conditions. It could be fireball in the sky also
However, Stellariums implies strongly that it was mercury. What I've heard, Venus shines even more brightly when on correct alignment with sun and earth, that why it is called the morning star.

PS. The size of the object could be illusionary due the reflection of the sun light. Take a small piece of mirror and place it far of you. Then point it to your eyes and try to tell what size it is without prior knowledge. I bet you'll get funny results.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by v01i0]

Thanks for the input. I just installed Stellarium myself and I see there waht you mean. It gives the position from off Paris and the Mercury is there, just a bit lower. Thanks for the tip it is a great program, I will use it more often. Sizewise I imagine that indeed all kinds of aspects play a role, such as reflection of sunlight and atmospheric influences.

edit:
Wow, I just saw that you can put in any date and any location, this is great software!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Whats the conclusion do you think it is mercury ?

I agree that the sun may illuminate a planet and make it's actual size reference deceiving....

I was getting my hopes up that my doomsday bunker shares would go up....

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'll just chime in here again...

Are people saying the thing in SOHO is Mercury or in the original YouTube vid?

It couldn't be Mercury in the YouTube video, the only way to see Mercury of a day time is through a filtered telescope, or projecting the transit of Mercury onto a piece of paper using the telescope (which is usually safer).

Personally I think it's simple lens flare, but I like the fact that people are thinking about what it is instead of jumping to conclusions.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

I meant the original youtube vid. And you're most likely correct about the visibility of mercury in most conditions, but when it is beyond the sun (when viewed from earth), I think that the reflection of sunlight from the surface of mercury could cause such vision. Just my thoughts, I'd like to hear from expert about this tho.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The object in the YouTube video is not Mercury. Firstly, you can't see Mercury after sunrise and, secondly, it's way too big.

It looks like a reflection as the recording was, rediculously, shot through a double-paned window. There seems to be some wire mesh in the panes, as well.

The guy who took the tape (or digital recording) had the window slightly open. Why didn't he open the window when he took either his still photos or his tape? Because the effect would disappear, that's why.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I just searched again on Google images for both Mercury at Sunrise and Venus at Sunrise ... no image there comes close in relative size & proportion to the video.

They are bright right at the crack of dawn or on sunset but the sun is quite high in the video and the object is clearly visible and large much larger than the morning star scenario.

The cameraman does go behind the window seal for a short moment and the object remains bright and in view. Even when the clip first transfers over to video you can see the sunlight beam from top to bottom there doesn't appear to be lateral lens flare where the object is ....

Thats my two cents worth but according to my Mrs I'm wrong most of the time so why change now!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I'll just chime in here again...

Are people saying the thing in SOHO is Mercury or in the original YouTube vid?

It couldn't be Mercury in the YouTube video, the only way to see Mercury of a day time is through a filtered telescope, or projecting the transit of Mercury onto a piece of paper using the telescope (which is usually safer).

Personally I think it's simple lens flare, but I like the fact that people are thinking about what it is instead of jumping to conclusions.

This doesn't look like a flitered telescope and it is daytime (well almost):

Her another one

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Yes, that's just on evening, I failed to mention you can see it on dusk/dawn.

I'm confused, are you saying it's Mercury in the YouTube video?

It looks awfully big in the video compared to the picture of Mercury in your link.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Pjotr

Yes, that's just on evening, I failed to mention you can see it on dusk/dawn.

I'm confused, are you saying it's Mercury in the YouTube video?

It looks awfully big in the video compared to the picture of Mercury in your link.

Well, I honestly do not know, but it seems like the best educated guess, since according to the Stellarium software that is exactly the spot where Mercury was at the time and the absence of any other explanation IMO.
I am not a Niburu believer. The scale surprises me too. I 'm searching for an answer still for the impressive glare, but I am leaning towards reflection of the sun and atmospheric influence.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Nice photo, Pjotr. The redness of the horizon sky shows that the Sun has only juuuuust begun to rise. Mercury wouldn't have been visible for very long. In the video, the Sun is much higher, probably around 8am or 6pm.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
The object in the YouTube video is not Mercury. Firstly, you can't see Mercury after sunrise and, secondly, it's way too big.

It looks like a reflection as the recording was, rediculously, shot through a double-paned window. There seems to be some wire mesh in the panes, as well.

The guy who took the tape (or digital recording) had the window slightly open. Why didn't he open the window when he took either his still photos or his tape? Because the effect would disappear, that's why.

Well, you are right it is a bad video. If you want to proof something, you do it right with the cam at different positions and for instance putting some filters in between, paper or cloth or whatever, just try to do something with the glare. The in and out movement from behind the curtain looks like a childish atttempt for a really interesting situation. There must be more people who saw it. Astronomers for instance, amateurs or pro's.

So for now I think it is the window glare with the coincidence that Mercury was at the same time there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join