It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by teraform

Yeah, rainbow is mentioned in this sentence from your link.

To those who call upon him with great devotion, Tawsi Melek may manifest in a variety forms, including a bright light, a rainbow, a boy, a young man, a snake, and, of course, a peacock.

Forever young boy is a symbol of this deity, as is Sanat Kumara and his brothers.

I was always puzzled by the use of the Peacock as a symbol because of it's reputation of being boastful and prideful, hence the need for it's Redemption!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to
post by chiplak

What an awesome account! More please!

..so its the Maori AND the farmers who are aware of this type of stuff?

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

Yes! I apologise if my post was a bit "blabbering" as i was really tired and so on..

another thing i would like to mention is that referring to this..

A breed of very large human like peoples once roamed these lands...and skeletal remains in excess of well over 9 ft in height are evidence to this fact found in regions all over the east coasts of the continent to date. And there are dreaming stories that tell of this giant race. Which could also explain the likes of some of the rock paintings and art.

Your Dhungutti Tidda
Marg

"back in the day" when speaking to an elder she advised that having 6-8ft people were common especially the chiefs and their close warriors that would be buried with them.

She said that the "taller peoples" eventually disappeared with the arrival of the Europeans. Burial traits - now from my knowledge the people of the north are one of the only tribes in NZ to bury their peoples in "coffins" (note) please correct me if i am wrong and i am talking bout Pre-European times..

Heres a link i have found bout ancient Aotearoa and other parts which i found interesting.

Look

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by chiplak

Ah...these elusive "taller people" again. You find accounts of them all over the globe...but they keep to themselves and are rarely found.

Very interesting. Greetings to NZ.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I know you are not welcoming to channeled info. But while reading this facinating yet spooky thread, I kept thinking about this. I skipped some pages to post this, so I am sorry if someone else has already posted it.
source Law of One Ra Material

Questioner: Is the instrument comfortable? Is there anything that we can do to increase the comfort of the instrument?

Ra: I am Ra. The candle could be rotated clockwise approximately 10º each session to improve the flow of spiraled energy through the being’s receiving mechanisms. This particular configuration is well otherwise. But we ask that the objects described and used be centered with geometric care and checked from time to time. Also that they not be exposed to that space/time in which work is not of importance.

I am Ra. I leave this instrument in the love and in the light of the One Infinite Creator. Go forth rejoicing in the power and the peace of the One Creator. Adonai.

Category: Ra Contact

13.15 Questioner: I am wondering if the planetary system that we are in now was all created at once or if our sun was created first and the planets later?

Ra: I am Ra. The process is from the larger, in your illusion, to the smaller. Thus the co-Creator, individualizing the galaxy, created energy patterns which then focused in multitudinous focuses of further conscious awareness of intelligent infinity. Thus, the solar system of which you experience inhabitation is of its own patterns, rhythms, and so-called natural laws which are unique to itself. However, the progression is from the galaxy spiraling energy to the solar spiraling energy, to the planetary spiraling energy, to the experiential circumstances of spiraling energy which begin the first density of awareness of consciousness of planetary entities.

Category: Cosmology

13.17 Questioner: How does this first density then progress to greater awareness?

Ra: I am Ra. The spiraling energy, which is the characteristic of what you call “light,” moves in a straight line spiral thus giving spirals an inevitable vector upwards to a more comprehensive beingness with regards to intelligent infinity. Thus, first dimensional beingness strives towards the second-density lessons of a type of awareness which includes growth rather than dissolution or random change.

Category: Cosmology, Densities: 1 First

13.23 Questioner: How does a third-density planet become a fourth density planet?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full question.

The fourth density is, as we have said, as regularized in its approach as the striking of a clock upon the hour. The space/time of your solar system has enabled this planetary sphere to spiral into space/time of a different vibrational configuration. This causes the planetary sphere to be able to be molded by these new distortions. However, the thought-forms of your people during this transition period are such that the mind/body/spirit complexes of both individual and societies are scattered throughout the spectrum instead of becoming able to grasp the needle, shall we say, and point the compass in one direction.

Thus, the entry into the vibration of love, sometimes called by your people the vibration of understanding, is not effective with your present societal complex. Thus, the harvest shall be such that many will repeat the third-density cycle. The energies of your Wanderers, your teachers, and your adepts at this time are all bent upon increasing the harvest. However, there are few to harvest.

Category: Harvest

There is much much more.....

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The spiral image just kept making me think of it. I entered spiral in the search and so much came up.
and also of the serpent.

The metaphor of the coiled serpent being called upwards is vastly appropriate for consideration by your peoples. This is what you are attempting when you seek. There are, as we have stated, great misapprehensions concerning this metaphor and the nature of pursuing its goal. We must generalize and ask that you grasp the fact that this in effect renders far less useful that which we share. However, as each entity is unique, generalities are our lot when communicating for your possible edification.

We have two types of energy. We are attempting then, as entities in any true color of this octave, to move the meeting place of inner and outer natures further and further along or upward along the energy centers. The two methods of approaching this with sensible method are first, the seating within one’s self of those experiences which are attracted to the entity through the south pole. Each experience will need to be observed, experienced, balanced, accepted, and seated within the individual. As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true color entity. The experience, whatever it may be, will be seated in red ray and considered as to its survival content and so forth.

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

Meanwhile the Creator lies within. In the north pole the crown is already upon the head and the entity is potentially a god. This energy is brought into being by the humble and trusting acceptance of this energy through meditation and contemplation of the self and of the Creator.

Where these energies meet is where the serpent will have achieved its height. When this uncoiled energy approaches universal love and radiant being the entity is in a state whereby the harvestability of the entity comes nigh.

Category: Positive Path

93.21 Questioner: I’m at a loss to know the significance of the serpents that adorn the head of the entity on this drawing. Are they of Ra and, if so, what do they stand for?

Ra: I am Ra. They are cultural in nature. In the culture to which these images were given the serpent was the symbol of wisdom. Indeed, to the general user of these images perhaps the most accurate connotation of this portion of the concept complexes might be the realization that the serpent is that which is powerful magically. In the positive sense this means that the serpent will appear at the indigo-ray site upon the body of the image figures. When a negative connotation is intended one may find the serpent at the solar plexus center.

Category: Tarot

93.22 Questioner: Is there any significance to the serpent? Is there any polarity to the serpent as we experience it in this illusion?

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's way over my head, and you may not be interested because it was channelled (sp) but it does talk alot about it.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
It's way over my head, and you may not be interested because it was channelled (sp) but it does talk alot about it.

Are you talking to me here? I didnt respond at first because it sounds like you´re talking to someone who disapproves of channeling.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting addition.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I thought I saw where you didn't approve of Blavatsky. And others didn't like her stuff, as well. I may have misread. I was apprehensive about mentioning it, but it kept coming up.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
I thought I saw where you didn't approve of Blavatsky. And others didn't like her stuff, as well. I may have misread. I was apprehensive about mentioning it, but it kept coming up.

It doesnt really matter what I do or dont approve of
Post away!

I have a lot of channelled books at my place and even like some of them.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yay!! I wanted to help, but you guys are so smart it is frightening!!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Pyramid of the feathered serpent Mexico

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
serpent cults Very interesting article.

"Part 1 of a 2-Part Exploration of the Cult of the Serpent, Mankind's Oldest Known Form of Spirituality "edited to add: make sure you click on the second page too.
There is a scary looking man-snake pic.
"It is also worth mentioning in passing that more than one observer has noted a striking resemblance between the snake-entwined cadeucus and the helix-structure of DNA. "

[edit on 7-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
ancient Ireland serpents and dragons

"The existence of this universal cult can also be discovered in other elements of the Irish and Celtic tradition. There is scarcely a design or ornament in Ireland from ancient times that do not show the serpent or dragon image. There is scarcely a myth, a folk tale or a legend, which does not include the serpent. These are not just pagan ornaments or myths - they also bled into the Christian world, or more accurately, the Christians could not keep them out it was so deep in the Irish culture.
"

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Snake blood has healing properties? I am not sure I could drink that. ewww. Here is a full list of snake gods. I didn't see where it had been posted before. list

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Hi Seagrass,

I had mentioned a time or two that I am Cautious about channeled information, I also am open to examining presented writings that are said to be channeled.

As a matter of fact one of the earliest books that "changed" the way I saw things were books by Jane Roberts, the Seth material.

Oh yeah, those were the days!

The quest continues!

I see you have brought some interesting links to the thread. I have looked at a couple and intend to keep reading.

I am glad you brought more to the thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hi, I am happy to help research. It is very interesting all the serpent information out there.

I never even gave it a second thought. I did think of them as good snakes or bad snakes though. I tend to keep things simple so I don't confuse myself. I think I thought that the snake represented some kind of control of fear. To control the snake meant you had power. I percieved it as a power symbol. I never would have associated them with water or floods, fertility and rebirth.
(is my non-religious upbringing showing? oops)

My dad was a doctor and I knew it was a medical symbol, but I never thought to ask why.

ps~ I haven't read the Seth Material. Would you recommend?

[edit on 7-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Well as far as the Seth material, it was pretty groundbreaking back then, at least in my world and scope of information. Actually I would take a peek just to get an idea about it.

As far as fertility and rebirth I remember reading about old time female rituals where women would go into holes in the earth and spend time with many snakes and come out with "wisdom" they were both reverent and fearful to a degree to these rituals, but I guess they were pretty powerful.

It seems to me that the serpent is the female side of the mysteries that have been hidden from our grasp by the patriarchial side of life but yet they use it for thier own benefit, as with Sophia and all. Take note of words that begin with S.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
here is a link about Sophia and Snakes and mathmatical measurement Sophia I will have to take a peek at Sophia now, as I know very little about it. My mom wanted me to discover my own truths as far as religion went. I was raised around Astrology mostly. (I began studying it at about the age of 12, and have read a lot of charts) I guess I must be ready to branch out a little. I was called a witch once for it, and it made me laugh. I don't even study Wicca. I know nothing about it.
I can think of some s words...

ahhh. Sophia is Lillith? ok. This I have heard of.
The Minoans (my personal favorite) have a snake goddess.
[edit on 8-6-2008 by seagrass]

[edit on 8-6-2008 by seagrass]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join