It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

The bull was also worshipped as Mnewer, the embodiment of Atum-Ra, in Heliopolis. Ka in Egyptian is both a religious concept of life-force/power and the word for bull."

"Bull Mythology Wiki
Mnewer? that's kinda funny (Manure)
[edit on 8-6-2008 by seagrass]

Mnewer/Manure

Ka/Cow

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

And then it gets scary...
"May 18, 2006 — The feet of human embryos taking shape in the womb reveal links to prehistoric fish and reptiles, a new study finds. source
feathered dinosaurs

Thanks for your awesome contributions to this thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
umm Ka-Ka is like manure isn't it?

now I could have sworn you said that... where did you mention that bowl? was it here or in an Egyptian thread? I have to look now...
BTW I misplaced a new thread in the UFO section and a nice mod moved it to skunk works.. check it out, it's weird.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

umm Ka-Ka is like manure isn't it?

now I could have sworn you said that... where did you mention that bowl? was it here or in an Egyptian thread? I have to look now...

I remember now. That was a very, very, very, very long time ago that I posted that. You´ve really been doing some reading, havent you?

BTW I misplaced a new thread in the UFO section and a nice mod moved it to skunk works.. check it out, it's weird.

Yes, the nice uncle NGC.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sick in bed with my computer.. Entertaining my mind, while my body recovers.

I like the same things you do so I was following your posts around. Photoneffect too, just so you don't think I'm a stalker.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I like the same things you do so I was following your posts around. Photoneffect too, just so you don't think I'm a stalker.

No, that thought never occured

(Mods: Sorry for the off-topic posts. We´ll get back on topic soon).

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ok here is another article on the creationist's debate on what is termed ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny from the original research of Ernst Haeckel. Old myths never die

KTK

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Greetings fellow rainbow serpent thread addictees.

Where does the bull symbolism fit into the scheme of things? Would love pesonal opinions on that one. I cant make head nor tail of it but it is damn significant as it crops up everywhere in unison with the serpent.

Dont worry seagrass I stalk sky too as there is no ka ka in his ramblings. I also stalk the nexus dude who is an under the radar ATS asset.

Random thought of the thread

Was St Patrick getting rid of snakes in Ireland a sick inside vatican joke?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hi KTK, Ah yes, when the student is ready, they will follow their teacher around, would be more like it.... I'm addicted for sure. Bulls, serpents, bulls, serpents.... there must be something useful about bulls we are not aware of. Gelatin, cheese. that's it, Aliens want our cheese! I will keep looking. (there HAVE been lots of sitings in Philly, they want our cream cheese!)
the Vatican Viper Society?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
speaking of societies, look what we have here. The Freemasons have serpents...source

Christians proclaim the Freemasons worship satan.
"Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!" Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, p. 321, 19th Degree of Grand Pontiff.

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsman (Freemason) must know and apply their knowledge. The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion, which places the energy of the universe at their disposal. Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly. When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his CRAFT. The seething energies of LUCIFER are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare." Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree Mason, K.T., The Lost Keys of Freemasonry or The Secret of Hiram Abiff source

KTK

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.sign2god.com...

WOW look what the fundamentalists say the word vatican means. I went looking for this as I had seen it mentioned before. But I cant find sources backing up the claims outside the fundamentalists. Anything catholic maintains the word means prophesy hill. Anyone want to help back that one up? The vatican likes snakes though hey................

Caan,Caanites,Caanan,Cane,Canines(dogstars)Cannon(catholic).

I wonder how many hail Marys I would cop for asking the priest about these things, If I pushed it I could even wear ex comunication as a badge of honour.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KTK
www.sign2god.com...

WOW look what the fundamentalists say the word vatican means. I went looking for this as I had seen it mentioned before. But I cant find sources backing up the claims outside the fundamentalists. Anything catholic maintains the word means prophesy hill. Anyone want to help back that one up? The vatican likes snakes though hey................

Caan,Caanites,Caanan,Cane,Canines(dogstars)Cannon(catholic).

I wonder how many hail Marys I would cop for asking the priest about these things, If I pushed it I could even wear ex comunication as a badge of honour.
Did you see on your link where it said high priest used the "trident" hand signal? I wonder if that is the secret handshake of the Freemasons? Does anyone know what it is?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It is in Persia that we first meet the great sky serpent Azhi Dahaka, the creator of all the planets in the sky. Early Mid-eastern myths not only see the serpent as lord of the sky and earth, he is also a lord of waters. Dwelling in the earth, frequenting springs, marshes and other water streams, the serpent glides with a motion of waves. The phallic suggestion is immediate, as it was in the initiation rites. Likewise a dual association of fire and water attaches to the lightning of the serpent strike, the forked appearance of the tongue and the lethal burning of the poison.

I am going in the direction of serpent as ENERGY.

In Jung's view, the snake, as a chthonic and at the same time spiritual being, symbolizes the unconscious. In particular, according to Jung, the symbolism of the snake's has sudden and unexpected manifestations and painful or dangerous intervention in human affairs often has frightening effects. Crucial to the understanding of the serpent as a libido symbol is a consideration of the biological characteristics of the actual creature. Jung stresses the fact that the snake is a cold- blooded vertebrate and with that fact alone the true psychic rapport that can be established with practically all warm-blooded animals comes to an end. Like the Gnostics of early Christianity who identified the serpent with the human medulla and spinal cord, Jung regards the serpent as the psychic representation of the profoundly unconscious functions which are governed by these organs. I think that perhaps this is why the serpent is so often seen as a divine creature, a sort of god which lies behind all human functioning.

In Dahomey, the Fon people have a great serpent god who is seen as a rainbow named Danh, the son of Mtawu-Lisa.. This serpent encircles the whole world with his tail in his mouth, representing unity and wholeness. This god, also called Da orders the whole cosmos. Da has a dual nature rather than a female-male identity. When he appears in the rainbow, the male is the red part of the rainbow, the female the blue. Above the earth Da has 3500 coils, called asa-xasa, and the sme number of coils beneath the earth; together the support the world. Da is the name given to this god in action, Mawu-Lisa is the name given the god in thought. This god was exported to Haiti and Surinam.

www.geocities.com...

This link has alot of variety and history.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, here is a site with an interesting name that shows images from the RCC of pagan symbols. TWOB?

The Mithraic cults performed their sacrifices of bulls in caves, with the dog, serpent and lion as part of the ritual. These point to some connection with the constellations. It is an interesting article

[edit on 9-6-2008 by seagrass]

KTK

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Yes, well Im not mason so I cant speak for any individuals but I think the answer is a big fat yes.

I have come across remarks about Aboriginals who hadnt seen white people before greeting exploration parties with "masonic" hand signals.
I havnt brought it to the fold here as the references are not ATS(I adhere to the oldskool underlying ethos) standard and if Byrd ever found this thread I would be knocked out of the knowledge tree.

I also found references to hand paintings in africa where the "appropriate" fingers where "chopped off". The anthropologists think that it is from a ritual chopping off fingers or a disease/gangrene. To that a sneeze with a BS under my breath.

Hand signals would have been used before language developed even in pre humans, good for hunting when one had to communicate without alerting animals. Also good for comunicating with others outside your group.

So I hypothesis that hand signals are uniquely etched into the cellular memory of the universe due to repeated use since the dawn of man. This seems to be the constant link along with the serpent. I have been trying to see how far back the serpent mythology goes with Aboriginals and Africans(sky please help with this) even a rough estimate. I have since come to understand that the Aboriginals knew all about dimensions and were scientifically "advanced" but had no need for material things hence our skewed view of what is primitive.

The turning point within civilisation seems to be the dreaded idol worship and the giving over of power to some charged archtype.

KTK

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Do you think it has an opposite or is it stand alone?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KTK

I have come across remarks about Aboriginals who hadnt seen white people before greeting exploration parties with "masonic" hand signals.
I havnt brought it to the fold here as the references are not ATS(I adhere to the oldskool underlying ethos) standard .

According to travel writer Bill Bryson (who is not into any of this stuff at all) in his book on Australia, this is the case.

and if Byrd ever found this thread I would be knocked out of the knowledge tree

There are certain reasons I posted this in Aliens/UFOs and not Ancient Civilizations.

So I hypothesis that hand signals are uniquely etched into the cellular memory of the universe due to repeated use since the dawn of man

Interesting.

The turning point within civilisation seems to be the dreaded idol worship and the giving over of power to some charged archtype.

Submission to substitute archetypes imo...yeah.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I wonder if these aborigines are STILL in contact wwith the Rainbow Serpents? How do we go about asking them?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
I wonder if these aborigines are STILL in contact wwith the Rainbow Serpents? How do we go about asking them?

We had an Aborigine posting here. Maybe she´s still reading and can tell us.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hand signals would have been used before language developed even in pre humans, good for hunting when one had to communicate without alerting animals. Also good for comunicating with others outside your group.

Hi KTK,
Native Americans still use sign language to a degree. It was also useful for talking between different speaking tribes. Interesting that they would potentially use that signal upon greeting such "primitives" dont cha think? Perhaps they knew the Aboriginals would understand it before they used it.

I love your writing style by the way.

I think I need a few more lessons on what is acceptable here at ATS. I am learning but feel free to U2U me with advice. I tend to make all mistakes before I learn not to. I am guessing though by Sky's comments we are still free to discuss secret societies here?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join