It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbow Serpents

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:
KTK

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
I wonder if these aborigines are STILL in contact wwith the Rainbow Serpents? How do we go about asking them?

Yes, funnily enough I have come to realise.

If you actually look at the government Indigenous health guidelines in remote communities especially, you will see provisions if you read between the lines. It usually has to do with traditional healing modalities and it is usually a female within the community that still holds the fort. Its quite funny trying to see a government document trying to explain traditional beliefs (interdimensional healing) to white people fresh out of university. In the end they cant understand it and it just gets put under "just shut up and respect".

[edit on 10-6-2008 by KTK]

KTK

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

If you make an out there statement just as I did on any other subforum you will get harassed for absolute backup from non dodgy sources. All I could find reference wise was on "new ageish" sites and it would have been shot down by the professionals. I thank Skyfloating for having the foresight in putting this thread here in kooksville where it is too much for the traditional thinkers. I have mentioned my disbelief before that we have been strangely left alone with not a debunker in sight.

As for secret societies this encompasses all secret societies and mystery schools, The Vatican, Ancient Egypt, The Holy Grail, Greek Mythology, everything is related. The problem is I just dont know how as I know nothing about these things. Which is why I want to know when the turning point of idol worship began. Again though we shouldnt confuse what seems to be early universal symbolism with idol worship.

Forgive my bad post presentation and spelling mistakes as I have to stealth post.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I believe this is what was posted earlier..

Even the name Vatican bears the etymological imprint of the serpent: Vati = place; can = serpent.""Rome and especially the Vatican is littered with serpent imagery. Inside the Vatican statues and sculptures link the serpent to both the grail and the Ark of the Covenant.
From the book :The Serpent Grail

Looks like at first sight that the bull worshipping cults disappear when Christianity introduces the "lamb". Egypt began worshipping the ram, but I don't know when. I know there are a bunch of ram sculptures that line an avenue in Egypt. Looks like the bull and serpent were targeted in order to change the most cultures to Christianity. India and China have maintained their adoration of dragons or snakes most likely because they didn't absorb Christianity into their ideas as easily.

It must be remembered that in the early centuries of our era the Mithra-cult was spread over the whole Western world. It has left many monuments of itself here in Britain. At Rome the worship was extremely popular, and it may almost be said to have been a matter of chance whether Mithraism should overwhelm Christianity, or whether the younger religion by adopting many of the rites of the older one should establish itself (as it did) in the face of the latter.Now we have already mentioned that in the Mithra cult the slaying of a Bull by the Sungod occupies the same sort of place as the slaying of the Lamb in the Christian cult.
source

The bull becomes the lamb and the serpent becomes satan. Genius.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It would be pretty hard to debunk mythology. I watched a show on the History Channel about the Greeks having a bowl with what looked like a dinosaur. One of their gods was slaying a monster. A paleoantropologist noticed it and sent it to some archeologists. They noticed that the bone structure in the carving was similar to a certain head they have. Later it seems they found that the Greeks also kept fossil bones, and made the statement that the Greeks were interested in archeology just like we are.

The February 26, 2000 issue of Science News contained an article that commenting on an artifact housed at the Boston Museum of Fine Arts that has come to be known as the Hesione vase (Hesman, 2000). Pictured on this ancient Greek vase is a series of somewhat unusual paintings, including one that portrays a monster that possesses the head of a dinosaur. This pottery was created around 550 B.C., and depicts the Greek hero Heracles rescuing Hesione from this "monster of Troy." Forced to concede the amazingly realistic dinosaurian depiction, Science News concluded that the paintings on this unusual vase simply prove that ancient people dug fossils, too.
This article is entitled Ancient Dinosaur Depictions. source The vase isn't very clear in this picture.

Dinosaur DNA
here's a better picture of it

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here are a few takes on idol worship.
Fear based
What's so wrong with it?

Idol Worship

"Man is a religious being, he will worship...Man by worshipping, becomes assimilated to the moral character of the object which he worships...

Without an exception, the character of every nation and tribe of the human history has been formed and modified, in a great degree, by the character attributed to their gods."

James B. Walker, "The Philosophy of the Plan of Salvation" (Minneapolis, Minnesota: Bethany 1886) pp. 26-28

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Wow! Fascinating material seagrass! Just trying to play catch-up with this thread and will comment later!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My pleasure WK! It is facinating!

The cult of the Apis bull started at the very beginning of Egyptian history, probably as a fertility god connected to grain and the herds. In a funerary context, the Apis was a protector of the deceased, and linked to the pharaoh. This animal was chosen because it symbolized the king’s courageous heart, great strength, virility, and fighting spirit. The Apis bull was considered to be a manifestation of the pharaoh, as bulls were symbols of strength and fertility, qualities which are closely linked with kingship ("strong bull of his mother Hathor" was a common title for gods and pharaohs).
Sometimes the Apis bull was pictured with her sun-disk between his horns, being one of few deities associated with her symbol. When the disk was depicted on his head with his horns below and the triangle on his forehead, an ankh was suggested. It also is a symbol closely associated with his mother. When The Apis bull is unique as he is the only Egyptian deity represented solely as an animal, and never as a human with an animal's head—perhaps, because from the earliest of Egyptian religious practices, they were animals sacrificed to the cow goddess and represented the resurrected, renewal of life (Hapy and later Osiris).

Apis was originally the Herald (wHm) of Ptah, the chief god in the area around Memphis. As a manifestation of Ptah, Apis also was considered to be a symbol of the pharaoh, embodying the qualities of kingship.

The bovines in the region in which Ptah was worshipped exhibited white patterning on their mainly black bodies, and so a belief grew up that the Apis bull had to have a certain set of markings suitable to its role. It was required to have a white triangle upon its forehead, a white vulture wing outline on its back, a scarab mark under its tongue, a white crescent moon shape on its right flank, and double hairs on its tail.

The bull which matched these markings was selected from the herd, brought to a temple, given a harem of cows, and worshipped as an aspect of Ptah. His mother was believed to have been conceived by a flash of lightning from the heavens, or from moonbeams, and also was treated specially. At the temple, Apis was used as an oracle, his movements being interpreted as prophecies. His breath was believed to cure disease, and his presence to bless those around with virility. He was given a window in the temple through which he could be seen, and on certain holidays was led through the streets of the city, bedecked with jewelry and flowers.

"The symbol resembling an ankh that the markings of an Apis bull would have created on his head when depicted with his mother's sun disk"

A double haired tail? Do they mean forked, brushed that way, or what exactly is that? Sounds like early genetic selection and breeding. The cow is the first animal we gained power over isn't it? Domestication and breeding. Hmm. Is this an Alien theme?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

Where do you pick up all this stuff?

Thanks for making this thread top quality, along with KTK, wang te, interestedalways.

If this thread were a book it would sell like crazy.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Then the man prepared a healing drink from the snake's bladder and offered it to the audience for consumption. For quite a while there was no one wanting to get the local specialties: the snake blood drink, the healing drink and the snake soup. As the man only spoke in Mandarin, I could understand only things like colours and how much certain things cost but I think it was more than enough! Then I kept on thinking about trying this local delicacy: 'now or never'... 'now or never'... NOW!
source

Viprinex is an enzyme that is obtained from the snake venom. It reduces levels of fibrinogen, a sticky coagulant in the blood that is the main protein involved in clotting. The venom of the Malayan pit viper, a snake with long fangs, causes extensive bleeding.

It is believed that Viprinex improves blood flow to the brain in three different ways:

It reduces fibrinogen levels, which inhibits growth of the clot. It reduces the thickness of blood, allowing it to flow more easily to blood-deprived areas of the brain. It activates the body's natural clot-dissolving ability, which may help restore blood flow.

"This stuff is potent," said Warren Wasiewski, a neurologist and vice president and chief medical officer with Neurobiological Technologies, the California company that is funding the clinical trial of Viprinex.

source

...From the Cosmic Serpent

The indigenous people of Western Amazonia say that their remarkable botanical knowledge comes directly from the plants themselves – a shaman, by drinking an hallucinogenic brew, can converse with the “animate essences”, or spirits which are present in all living beings and which are sources of verifiable information that has stunning correspondences with molecular biology.Both shaman and molecular biologists agree that there is a hidden unity under the surface of life’s diversity; both associate this unity with the double helix shape (or two entwined serpents, a twisted ladder, a spiral staircase, two vines). In shamanic traditions around the world, it is said that knowledge is acquired by reaching, in one’s visions, the axis mundi – the axis of the world – shaped in these entwined configurations. These are also the symbols which biologists use to describe the shape of the DNA molecule. Ironically, from a rational point of view, it is by definition impossible for hallucinations to be the source of true knowledge, and to consider them as such is the very definition of psychosis.
more here...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by seagrass

Where do you pick up all this stuff?

Thanks for making this thread top quality, along with KTK, wang te, interestedalways.

If this thread were a book it would sell like crazy.
from this quote..
At Rome the worship was extremely popular, and it may almost be said to have been a matter of chance whether Mithraism should overwhelm Christianity, or whether the younger religion by adopting many of the rites of the older one should establish itself (as it did) in the face of the latter."
Makes sense that if Rome was Mithraic, that they would want to build "Christianity" via a Vatican right in the middle of it. Change the idols of worship to their favor. Take the snake, and make it part of your own. How else could you make a strong belief die down "quietly". I am not raised with any religion. I am completely void of bias I think. Might be helping me look in all directions for any clues.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
or you can look at it like... the lamb is sacrificed, and the serpent has evil knowledge and wisdom. A slight twist to create fear of God.

It is easier to control people if they are afraid. Simple psychology and strategy.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
My father was an atheist doctor and my mother an angry ex-babtist astrologer. My grandpa was a cattle farming Freemason. My grandma was not a feminist. That should help me with bulls and pagan symbols?;]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The Roman Catholic church took many Babylonian symbols as their own, see my earlier post, and TWOB source for just how many. The freemasons take many of the RCC's symbols, possibly at the same time. I think we need to go to the Babylon, especially to The Solar Cult of Babylon to find out what those symbols originally meant. The three tiered hats worn by Roman Catholics, the three tierd Freemason building they think is linked with Da Vinci.( see Scott Creigton's thread)abovetopsecret codex and I am still looking for the other one...ah, no wonder I couldn't find it.. it's about Atlantis.abovetopsecret

All throughout the history of the Roman Catholic church the popes have worn the tri-level tiara of the ancient solar cult of Babylon. They do so as an open declaration of their desire to be the god of earth, heaven, and hell.
from TWOB

Marduk, The Solar Cult of Babylon.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
trident, three tiered, three, 3, 333. ?? Isn't this a number that the Freemasons hold dear? who else, and doen't it look well disquised as 666? which oddly enough sort of forms a spiral...lol

and, Didn't that Aboriginal quote say Christianity looked a lot like what they believed already? I think it was designed that way.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I don't know what I am talking about.. just following a lead.

There are 33 vertabrae in the spine, the ladder of consciousness. I always thought that's where they (babylonian luminary schools) first construed the number from. I do believe there are 3 formal steps of Freemasonry, followed by titles an individual can choose to achieve by partaking in whatever action they involve.
from the Secret Societies Thread on ATS here

6 is the biblical number of man. Man and his devices = Free Masons, men free to create their realities. The sun, is the bearer of light. If there were no sun our eyes would recieve no light. If we can't see we are blind, we cannot discern, we cannot find truth. The symbolisms od 6 and the sun do tie into freemasonry.

this is an interesting theory on Mason hand signals here

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
As usual I'm here disagreeing with the OP, at least in part... which seems to be a theme with me or something. Hmm.

Anyway, this is of interest to me because I live in Australia and I find the stories fairly compelling. However I don't know if this is good enough evidence.

Firstly because I don't really agree with the snake being a theme, at least not in the way that the rainbow serpent is.The rainbow serpent AFAIK was huge and there was only one, but in the other things you mention (eg. the bible) it's just a normal snake and it's almost a side character. It doesn't have anywhere near as much significance as in the Aboriginal mythologies... I can't speak too much for the values of other areas, but I think more research is needed into that aspect to confirm or deny the similarities.

Secondly, there also seems to be a lack of evidence in the post about the word of the Aboriginals being confirmed. I mean the final one about the geological evidence matching the stories is interesting but the other mentions of stories don't seem to have evidence with them? I can't take it at face value because one of their stories was somewhat accurate.

The gods appearing from the sky/returning later thing is fairly common in religions I agree. I have another theory about that, but I won't hijack the thread. One thing I just wanted to mention, because it wasn't in the OP, is that I think this is something Christians (or other bible-reliant religious groups) forget or try to ignore nowdays.

What I mean is the bible implies that heaven and the sky are one in the same... It's not as strong as in greek mythology or anything, but it's there. It just seems to have been watered down and ignored recently because it makes Christianity a hell of a lot less credible. Anyway it wasn't mentioned so I wanted to throw that in.

Soooo.... Really the main part of your thread that interests me is that of the 'sky spirits'. I was thinking you might not bring it up but I'm glad you did, because it's one of the best "ancient astronaut" peices of evidence out there.

The stories talk of tall white figures with elongated limbs, big heads, often glowing and whatnot. IIRC they even fought and so forth too and could be injured, although they were technically classed as 'spirits' I think... Which was mentioned in he thread. (Wow, this is a LONG thread, I've had to write this while going through it so I apologise if it's a little disjointed).

Anyway I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to debunk your claims, I find this stuff very interesting personally, particularly the 'spirits' as I mentioned. As you mentioned, it's hard to say "well part A is true but part B and C aren't" with the old stories, becuause it's inconsistant and really, it's all in doubt.

It's a shame (understatement) that the Aboriginals were all but destroyed thanks to our lovely ancestors here. Now most of their stories and languages are gone forever, with no written records, and in addition most of the Aboriginals around now have been 'westernised' or have drug problems and such that would totally ruin their credibility for me.

I wish there was a way of saying 'yes or no' on this, but of course conspiracies are never that simple. Long thread, long response.
Thanks for posting this up.

PS: I still wish Australia had more UFO activity! I'd love to see one myself or something. I've seen 'UFOs' but I'm sure they were just planes suddenly heading towards me, or... Hmm actually I still don't know what they were. Maybe that's why I get into this all so much.

[edit on 12/6/08 by Duality]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Firstly because I don't really agree with the snake being a theme, at least not in the way that the rainbow serpent is.The rainbow serpent AFAIK was huge and there was only one, but in the other things you mention (eg. the bible) it's just a normal snake and it's almost a side character. It doesn't have anywhere near as much significance as in the Aboriginal mythologies... I can't speak too much for the values of other areas, but I think more research is needed into that aspect to confirm or deny the similarities.
Hi, amazing thread isn't it? I am not familiar with the story of the Rainbow Serpent in Aboriginal "mythology", and so I am not sure of how big it is, and such, but I don't believe this thread has ever stated it is of the same significance as the biblical or more contemporary versions of the snake. My impression is that the biblical snake is a watered down, altered, twisted version of a very very ancient theme. From talking rainbow serpents, to snake goddesses, to talking evil snakes. It has an evolution though our history. I believe we are focused on finding how this ancient wisdom was lost or altered in the western world, while seeming to be intact in the Aboriginal world. How it relates to sky spirits or ancient astronauts is significant because they are one of the oldest surviving cultures which claims to have seen and spoke with them. For thousands of years and into the present day.
The tall spirits are sounding a lot like the Aboriginal Mimi Spirits, as they were described as tall and frail, and the drawings of them seem or appear tall.
Please let us know the Austrailian take on this, I would love to hear more about the Aborigines and the Rainbow Serpent.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I just want you to know that I tried three times to remove the extra i in Australia, but it wouldn't let me.
weird.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

Hi there.

In many a thread Ive been trying to explore the confusion surrounding "heaven" and "sky" or the difference between descriptions of the afterlife and the sky.

Thanks for bringing this up as its one of the most important indicators as to whether we are talking "ancient astronauts" or "spirits".

The waters have been muddied by christianity. After a long time looking at all this Id have to conclude that most descriptions in mythology refer to the sky and to "gods" coming and going from there, and not to some afterlife realm.

Best evidence for this is that "sky" and "heaven" are the same word in most languages.

However, this does not mean there is no spiritual dimension and no afterlife.
Some atheist-types try to abuse ancient-astronaut-theory to mean that. The ancients just used other words to refer to the afterlife and not necessarily "sky/heaven".

The cover-up or mass-stupidity (take your pick) is that one side tells us "Gods from the Sky" are "fiction" and another side tells us "they are religious allegories".

Neither of these explanations accepts the most obvious: Beings that appeared to come down from the Sky.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You might be interested to know the following:

The ancients accurately described what modern egyptologists would later find at the serapeum of saqqara...except one thing: The corpses of the "apis-bulls". These were mysteriously "missing" from the overall finds.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join