It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baldness cure by 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
To all involved in the ethical debate. At this stage in human civilization i think we really need to accept that every drug we use has been tested on either animals or humans willingly or unwillingly at some point in their development. Its an old argument that has no bearing in our current society. We may as well waste time arguing which religion is right.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Will it make my Austin Powers chest even more hairy too???

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is really cool. At the moment, I still have a good head of hair, but at some point in every male's life, we all go bald. So if this happens within the next 5 years, I would be freaking stoked.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You can already take drugs to combat baldness, but the potential side effect of impotence is undesirable for most people.

I wonder what side effect this new treatment will have? Growing hair on the palms of your hands perhaps?

In this case I'll wait for the chickens to hatch before counting them, but I'm sure women with balding problems would appreciate a good solution even more than men.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Luckily I'm not old enough to have started going bald. Hopefully that's something I won't have to go through.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
So if this happens within the next 5 years, I would be freaking stoked.

Well the edit function expired, so I will have to do it this way.

I meant to say "I hope this baldness cure happens within the next 5 years before I start going bald." Just clarifying if it wasn't clear.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Baldness runs in my family. My dad always said, "dont worry son, its not sore".

he was right....and you also save lots of $$$ on haircuts too!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well,I'll believe it when I see it repeatedly over marketed on the television with some lame *** commercial.

Having had a 6 inch part on the top of my head since I was still in my teens I would love to grow a full head of hair up there.

I think the first thing I would do after it all grew out is to dye it pink and cut it like a Mohawk.

It looks like with my hair cut like that,I can pick up chicks!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e37b86bd7ad.jpg[/atsimg]

Always wanted to make a statement.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Just be careful.

She could poke your eye out with one of those spikes!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This thread maybe dead im not sure... But im 17 Suffered Alopecia Areta Universal for 7 years, If there is a cure id like it to come NOW!
, Ill be looking into this in more detail thanks for the share.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What difference does it make? If your so weak as a person to base your self worth on whether or not you have a full head of hair, i pity you greatly and their must be an underlying self esteem issue because any well rounded person doesnt give a hoot about something so irrelevant and trivial.

Now their may be medical reasons/circumstances in which it may be appropriate, such as the aforementioned alopecia - but as a purely cosmetic option?

What a sad state of affairs. I despair at times, i really do.
I blame the manipulative media, and so-called 'stars'.

What a world in which we live........

edit on 17/7/11 by Quadraphobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadraphobe
What difference does it make? If your so weak as a person to base your self worth on whether or not you have a full head of hair, i pity you greatly and their must be an underlying self esteem issue because any well rounded person doesnt give a hoot about something so irrelevant and trivial.

Now their may be medical reasons/circumstances in which it may be appropriate, such as the aforementioned alopecia - but as a purely cosmetic option?

What a sad state of affairs. I despair at times, i really do.
I blame the manipulative media, and so-called 'stars'.

What a world in which we live........

I see what you mean, and yes it is a bit egoistic and vain.
But if you think about it, aren't you being a hypocrite?

Can you claim that you do not have any "vain" parts to your personality?

Why do you choose what you like to wear? why do you choose if you shave or not, or the type of haircut you have, what shoes you wear, if you trim your nose hairs or not, why do people have avatars? etc etc

The answer is because most people have a preference to how they like to present themselves to others, because of vanity or social reasons. It's human nature.

I wouldn't go as far to say that everyone bases their self worth on whether they have hair or not, but I think many balding people if they had the choice, would probably prefer to keep their hair. It's just preference really.
edit on 17-7-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was just going to make a thread about this but I see this one started back in '08. Four-years later I guess it looks like the testing and hoop jumping has finally come to an end.

Thought I would bump this thread.
Researchers Successfully Grow Hair On Bald Mouse: Humans Next?
source

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Bump. Wow, are you guys sleeping? The balding one's that is. While I'm not concerned or anything but I am happy for my male comrades because I know how I would feel if I had lost my hair. I just want to add, the link I posted talks about how even the color or type of hair can be manipulated. It's great news, but bad for competition

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

MICE ARE NOT MEN.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

MICE ARE NOT MEN.

What difference does it make? Well, squeak up.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

MICE ARE NOT MEN.

MEN ARE NOT MICE.

THIS WAS ON MICE...EFFECTS ON MICE ARE DIFFERENT.

many drugs work on mice but not on men...

ok kojak?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

MICE ARE NOT MEN.

MEN ARE NOT MICE.

THIS WAS ON MICE...EFFECTS ON MICE ARE DIFFERENT.

many drugs work on mice but not on men...

ok kojak?

There have been great developments in this field, with scientists able to locate the precise protein that causes baldness in men and women.

Stating that mice are not men and dismissing this because of it means that you now have to dismiss something like 80% of all medical advances made in the last 100 years. Are you prepared to do that?

Hundreds of thousands of experimental treatments, vaccines and medicines have been successfully tested on animals and become effective treatments for Humans. While I don't like that idea much, you cannot dismiss these things with the simple argument of "mice are not men", that's ridiculous.

And, as a balding man who is now becoming too old to pull off the baseball cap look convincingly, I long for this treatment!

There was a report about a potential treatment being available within three years, with a simple cream that deactivates the protein which causes baldness in the scalp. You could literally rub this in a few times, and have hair growing back from previously "inactive" follicles within days, and it's permanent too. It basically removes the protein that they believe blocks the follicle from continuing to grow.
edit on 21-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

hundreds of thousands of experimental treatments, vaccines and medicines ...

really?

which ones.medicines?

you mean cosmetics?

i think you are deluded.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join