It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
www.seismo.unr.edu...

It's been pretty quiet. We had a little swarm during the Aleutians swarm, but it's stopped now.

I'm not picking up anything intense. The world maps are very calm the past few days.

I see a 1.9 in southeastern Missouri-- did you pick up on that at all, Space Cadet?

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
just wanted to give you guys a heads up... seems to be a rather large swarm in the northpole/russia area..

M 4.4, north of Severnaya Zemlya

Date:
Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:05:14 UTC
Sunday, August 10, 2008 06:05:14 PM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

M 5.4, north of Severnaya Zemlya

Date:
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 08:35:02 UTC
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 04:35:02 PM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

M 5.6, north of Severnaya Zemlya

Date:
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 18:30:57 UTC
Thursday, August 14, 2008 02:30:57 AM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

M 4.4, north of Severnaya Zemlya

Date:
Thursday, August 14, 2008 05:59:21 UTC
Thursday, August 14, 2008 01:59:21 PM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

M 4.5, north of Severnaya Zemlya

Date:
Thursday, August 14, 2008 09:29:13 UTC
Thursday, August 14, 2008 05:29:13 PM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

M 4.9, north of Severnaya Zemlya

Date:
Thursday, August 14, 2008 10:37:51 UTC
Thursday, August 14, 2008 06:37:51 PM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

and one near greenland.. right on the earths "plumbers crack"

M 4.6, Greenland Sea

Date:
Thursday, August 14, 2008 07:18:19 UTC
Thursday, August 14, 2008 07:18:19 AM at epicenter
Depth:
10.00 km (6.21 mi)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Moved the thread I see from Fragile Earth into Science, they should of let us know.

I notice the one in the Mariana Islands.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have GOt to start coming on here when I am off from work! I would have told you all about seeing 'earthquake clouds' when getting off from work early Tuesday morning, I told my husband to look and he agreed that the clouds looked very strange. I was extremly clumsy, my head was filled with pressure, my back was killing me, and now I look and find this just 25 miles from my home:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I felt much better this morning (thursday morning), it is almost 2 am here now, and I still feel better, no headache, no pressure right now, I still have an upper backache and ringing ears though.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
What the heck, where'd everybody go?

Sorry for the one liner

[edit on 15-8-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
What? another day, and no one has posted on this thread?

I am feeling lower back pain, heavy legs again, clumsy feeling with loud and shrill ear ringing. More pain on the left side of back than on the right.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Space Cadet, we've been busy hauling in 14 yards of disintegrated granite. We're xeriscaping our back yard. I've been watching the maps though and I see there have been quite a few micros in your region.

Also the swarm in the North Pole region and I just noticed the 4.6 off the coast of Northern California.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
GOOD morning all, it's monday august 18th at 9:45 am.

I am getting a lot of pressure and crackling in my left ear, kinda like underwater effect.... just started, and i cant pop my ear....
Im going with china, or Iran/Pakistan, this is kinda new, and I immediatly thought China, but not as intense as the last one i felt, that ended up being china..

I always confuse China and Japan, but i feel what I am feeling is going to be Iran/Pakistan region, larger than 3.5 and within 24 hours from now... probably sooner

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
Mountaindog and SpaceCadet, I think you two are EQ sensitive and I believe you should follow up on your abilities. As I've said before, contact Charlotte and she'll point you in the right direction, as well as answer any questions you have.

Hi kattraxx,

Thank you for your response. I definitely think I was feeling that swarm of Alaska earthquakes. I also felt terribly anxious for a few days before the 7.7 in the Sea of Okhotsk at the beginning of July and was amazed how my crazy anxiety disappeared right after the quake. I was preparing big time for an earthquake!

I visit an accupuncturist regularly and she works on those little aches and pains that can be precursors... it would be interesting to know if accupuncturists and other healers notice a cluster of people complaining about similar things in the same time period - I will ask. I do remember one day my accupuncturist had three or four people forget their appointments, including me, which was highly unusual.

Thanks very much to everyone who posts on this thread - I'm finding it extremely interesting!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Good morning, its Tues, 08-19-08 at 8:15 AM

I am feeling severe lower bach aches, all the way from left side to right side, almost wrapping around stomach.
I feel something coming somewhere between Oregon to northern california, and I think it will be larger than 4.0, and guessing that the timeframe will be less than 24 hours, do to intensity.
As this is an almost full wrap-around just above my waist of lower back pain, I am hoping it is me sleeping wrong last night, since it is new and painful.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pynner

Hi Pynner and thanks for posting that info about the far-north quakes. It's very unusual to see much seismic activity there so it will be worth keeping an eye on it to see if anything further develops. I'll also have to consult my plate maps to see if they might be symptomatic of movement elsewhere -- either current or pending.

California is also interesting, especially that near-shore quake. Again, it's less common to see much around there; they are normally further out in the ocean from that point.

(My apologies to all for not contributing lately. Been busy here and yesterday the internet was down all day in my local area for some unknown reason.)

Mike

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Hi all. I can confirm the lower back ache, damntheptb. Both Dan and I had it last night and my lower right back really hurt a lot. I agree about intensity. Are you thinking SoCal, possibly the Yucca Valley, Mojave Desert area, damntheptb?

I've also been getting the SoCal into Mexico precursor since last night. SoCal is due for their aftershock and it's taking it's time.

[edit on 8/20/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mountaindog

That's so interesting about your acupuncturist, and I think you're right that it does mean something when four people forget appointments in one day... that does happen to be one of Charlotte's precursors.... general disorientation and inability to concentrate are SoCal. I did forget an appointment last month that I'd been looking forward to for some time.

I'm getting SoCal pretty good this morning-- since last night. Anyone else?

[edit on 8/20/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kattraxx
Are you thinking SoCal, possibly the Yucca Valley, Mojave Desert area, damntheptb?

I am definitly thinking about so-cal, not sure where, due to intensity and new full wrap around effect. still there today, but not half as painful or tight

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
M 2.7, Washington

Date:
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 19:14:02 UTC
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:14:02 PM at epicenter
Depth:
0.00 km (0.00 mi)

M 2.7, western Montana

Date:
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 16:06:59 UTC
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:06:59 AM at epicenter
Depth:
0.00 km (0.00 mi)

been quiet around here lately.. (this thread)
with it being summer time, im not surprized.. but now with it raining again, I can spend time starring at google earth.. lol

also, there has been 2 "swarms" that boarder both sides of tennessee

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hello all, sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I usually try to get on from home when I am off work, just didn't happen this week. I have been down, my back has been killing me, strong headaches, visual disturbance, I went to see my doc yesterday, she sent me for some spinal xrays, funny thing is, today I went to do the xrays, and I am not hurting like I was. It's like I woke up today and the pain was almost gone completely, and this is the first day in 4 that I didn't have a severe headache. It is just after 12:30am here, and central back pain is setting in, and a whole new tone is ringing in my ears right now, I don't think I have ever quite had this tone.

Katt, we did have some activity in this area this past week, I just checked, looks like it is becoming a regular occurance!

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Space Cadet, I have been watching the little swarm in your region and wondering how you've been feeling. Your lower back ache is classic for your area. A main precursor.

SoCal didn't have their aftershock within Charlotte's window, so now we wonder if that quake last month was not the main one. I'm pretty sure I felt Greece before instead of SoCal and it may be Greece I'm getting now. Unfortunately, the precursors are the same, as far as I know. I've been paying close attention, trying to find one precursor that separates Greece and SoCal, but so far, no luck.

This morning, it may be offshore Oregon or northern California. And like before, I haven't been focused on EQ precursors, so I haven't been feeling them too much. We've been busy with other things lately. What do you think, damntheptb-- was it Greece we felt?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I feel like they keep moving this thread all over the place.

I have noticed in the last week a few new locations and today I see on the web they found a new seismic zone in the East but I can't get into it so I am anxious to what they say and where the location is since I am on the East Coast.

Things seem to be normal to me

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I just read about this on another thread, they are saying it is under New york.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

Katt it's been awful for me. I wound up going to the doc and getting some lortabs my back has been hurting so bad! She even sent me for more xrays, they didn't find anything new, but my spine, or the muscles around it, are swollen. I have had constant stomach pain. I am starting 'manipulation therapy' this week. Given that I think earthquakes are a major part of my problem I have to say that these manipulation massages will be asthetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join